54175 replies to this topic

#10321 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:18 PM

Well, guys, this is it. The epitome of TnJ is among us and now, Naruto knows the past of Obito, including Rin. The next chapter is where it all lies. Granted, it could happen later, but this one is the closest and so far, the best chance to parallel NaruSaku with ObiRin. Think about it, he didn’t bring up Rin in this chapter, BUT, he knows about his heart with her and the end of her, which caused Naruto to tear. This is big, people. So answer here…

Will it happen in the next chapter?

I think it will happen either next chapter or the one after it if TnJ is still on the go, and it can happen outside TnJ like Obito witnessing Naruto and Sakura interaction and the parallel happens, or it can be from Naruto or Minato too.

Edited by T XD, 23 October 2013 - 05:24 PM.

#10322 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:27 PM

I think it will happen either next chapter or the one after it if TnJ is still on the go, and it can happen outside TnJ like Obito witnessing Naruto and Sakura interaction and the parallel happens, or it can be from Naruto or Minato too.

Indeed. It's only matter of question of when will it happen.

#10323 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:43 PM

I think with Naruto mentioning Sakura about love in the upcoming chapter will make it impossible to stop. It's just you can't deny no longer.

If Obito talks about Rin, Naruto might imagine Sakura or their relationship in his mind. It should be impossible for him not too, it's all so incredibly similar. He doesn't need to tell Obito who he feels this for. Remember when he Tnj'd Gaara? "They saved me", and we got an image of 4 people.

Edited by sushi., 23 October 2013 - 05:44 PM.

ナルサク

#10324 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:57 PM

The thing about parallel in my mind is that it can be done in many ways, so long it's addressed. Will it happen like they actually do a comparison? Will one of them only think to their head only? Will a third party reflects the similarities? This is why people fear so much with parallel confirmation since it can be done in many ways and they all say, "We will be canon."

#10325 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 06:11 PM

Yeah even the other fanbase feels the parallel in their gut now, partly because of the obviousness(Sakura is simply the only one who fits in the puzzle) and 631 I've heard. I lurk other forums when the chapters come out, the activity there is so fun. :P

I can understand though. it makes sense, wanting to soften the blow and avoid being taken of guard like last time.

I think the TnJ will only happen in their heads, there they actually have time for a chat. I wonder if the time stops just like the time with Minato, or they're in another dimension kind of like Kamui? We'll see how it works next chapter. A part of me doesn't want to miss anything on the battlefield, but another want it all to be over asap.

ナルサク

#10326 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:Reading and writing. Anime/Manga.

Posted 23 October 2013 - 06:11 PM

I agree.  As I've said several times before, I can't imagine what Hinata could have to say that hasn't already been said and Naruto has chosen not to answer.  And while I believe she does love Naruto, I think it's more in the sense of what he's done for her -- how he has changed her life.  She has romantic feelings for him too, but as you said, I don't believe she expects Naruto to return them.  

Although we cannot know for certain how Sasuke feels about romantic relationships and sex, his characterization has consistently lacked any normal display of sexual attraction to another person and zero interest in sex.  That's the definition of asexual, and why people often use it to describe him.  

Unlike Naruto, we've never seen Sasuke trying to peek at a naked girl at the hot springs.  We've never seen him notice a girl's behind while she's bent over (as Naruto did when he saw Sakura bending over to look at Sai's drawings) and express jealousy.  We've never seen Sasuke ask a girl for a date.  Or express the slightest interest in romantic relationships.  Even Sai, a guy who had his feelings systematically stripped from his consciousness, has done that much, and played an integral part in Naruto and Sakura's relationship of his own volition.

The other thing that's funny is Road to Ninja.  In that movie -- where people were the opposite of themselves -- Sasuke was a womanizer who spent his time schmoozing all the girls.  The antithesis of that would be asexuality.   :mellow:

It could be that Sasuke simply has not yet met anyone who matters to him more than his agenda, and at some point later he will display normal sexuality.  But at this point, he does seem to fit the asexual model.

I looked up the definition of asexual, just to make sure I was clear on it, and here's what I found:

1. Sexually inactive: without sexual desire or activity. - Obliviously, this is what you are referring to in your post.

2. Without sex-linked features: lacking any apparent sex or sex organs.

3. Without sexual fusion: describes reproduction in which there is no fusion of male and female sex gametes, e.g. vegetative reproduction or budding. 

I was thinking in the context of the latter two, but that being said, I still am not very fond of using the term asexual to refer to a person. To be honest, I find it a bit offensive. I fall under that first definition, and if someone were to call me asexual because if my lack if interest in pursuing a relationship, I would be angry, because I find the term dehumanizing. But that's just my opinion.

#10327 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 06:15 PM

I don't think Sasuke is asexual, his soul is just too dead and damaged to want to pursue a romantic relationship. It's so sad. :sad:

Worth to notice Karin at least made him raise questionmarks when she flirted with him, that's something okay..

ナルサク

#10328 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 06:19 PM

I don't think Sasuke is asexual, his soul is just too dead and damaged to want to pursue a romantic relationship. It's so sad. :sad:

Worth to notice Karin at least made him raise questionmarks when she flirted with him, that's something okay..

I'm no fan of Sasuke, but that's how I feel too. Right now he's highly focused on his goals, and likely cut himself off from those emotion long ago to spare himself more pain, he can't love, not right now.

#10329 KnS

KnS

感じの作家

• ANBU
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Writing

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:11 PM

I looked up the definition of asexual, just to make sure I was clear on it, and here's what I found:

1. Sexually inactive: without sexual desire or activity. - Obliviously, this is what you are referring to in your post.

2. Without sex-linked features: lacking any apparent sex or sex organs.

3. Without sexual fusion: describes reproduction in which there is no fusion of male and female sex gametes, e.g. vegetative reproduction or budding. 

I was thinking in the context of the latter two, but that being said, I still am not very fond of using the term asexual to refer to a person. To be honest, I find it a bit offensive. I fall under that first definition, and if someone were to call me asexual because if my lack if interest in pursuing a relationship, I would be angry, because I find the term dehumanizing. But that's just my opinion.

I sincerely apologize if I offended you.  I had no motive other than to analyze a fictional character and his behavior using established psychological / psychosexual terminology, and attempt to provide an explanation as to why the term "asexual" is often applied to him.

In general defense of people who do describe Sasuke as asexual, I think most of it has to do with his role in the story.  While other characters could conceivably be described as asexual as well -- Gaara or Shino, for example, since they have never been characterized as having an interest in sex or romantic relationships, per se -- they do not play a part in the main relationship dynamic, nor are they the direct romantic rival of the hero.

Much has been made out of Sasuke being the focus of romantic attention and relationship aspirations.  Sakura, Ino, Karin -- even Mei commented on what a shame it was to kill someone so handsome, and that she would do so with a kiss of death, so to speak.  Sasuke's role is one with a significant sexual theme and purpose -- at least as sexual as one can get in a shonen manga.

Yet despite all the attention and opportunities, Sasuke never reacts in a sexual way.  That's what highlights his behavior as seemingly asexual.  Strictly from what we're shown, he is "sexually inactive: without sexual desire or activity."  It's all the more glaring because he's supposed to be some sort of great eye / arm / bed candy to all the girls.   :twitch:

And really, even if Sasuke later entered into a romantic relationship that would not mean he isn't asexual.  Asexuals have relationships for a variety of reasons including the desire for emotional intimacy, marriage, and children.

Again, sorry if I offended anyone.   :sad:

Edited by KnS, 23 October 2013 - 08:14 PM.

#10330 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:20 PM

I sincerely apologize if I offended you.  I had no motive other than to analyze a fictional character and his behavior using established psychological / psychosexual terminology, and attempt to provide an explanation as to why the term "asexual" is often applied to him.

In general defense of people who do describe Sasuke as asexual, I think most of it has to do with his role in the story.  While other characters could conceivably be described as asexual as well -- Gaara or Shino, for example, since they have never been characterized as having an interest in sex or romantic relationships, per se -- they do not play a part in the main relationship dynamic, nor are they the direct romantic rival of the hero.

Much has been made out of Sasuke being the focus of romantic attention and relationship aspirations.  Sakura, Ino, Karin -- even Mei commented on what a shame it was to kill someone so handsome, and that she would do so with a kiss of death, so to speak.  Sasuke's role is one with a significant sexual theme and purpose -- at least as sexual as one can get in a shonen manga.

Yet despite all the attention and opportunities, Sasuke never reacts in a sexual way.  That's what highlights his behavior as seemingly asexual.  Strictly from what we're shown, he is "sexually inactive: without sexual desire or activity."  It's all the more glaring because he's supposed to be some sort of great eye / arm / bed candy to all the girls.   :twitch:

And really, even if Sasuke later entered into a romantic relationship that would not mean he isn't asexual.  Asexuals have relationships for a variety of reasons including the desire for emotional intimacy, marriage, and children.

Again, sorry if I offended anyone.   :sad:

Oh no, you didn't offend me at all. I was just making clear why I was not in favor of using the term in that context, and I fully understand what you were trying to explain about why people use it, no harm done. :smile:

#10331 morgaine4

morgaine4

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:44 PM

I don't think Sasuke is asexual, but I do think that one's reaction to the word/label is subjective.  I have close friends who are proudly and openly asexual, and who are offended/feel disrespected when others assume that "asexuality" (as an orientation) is unreal.  So, I guess it depends?  *shrugs*

But, obviously I feel that your opinion/reaction is extremely valid!  I've never come across that before, and now I'll always keep this in mind (on here and elsewhere) if/when using the term.

#10332 megi

megi

Resident Gardener

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:48 PM

1.  I’m currently at university, and I’m learning Japanese, so I have some faculties to speak Japanese. And I’d like to say that the people who try to twist chapter 631 and the talk with Minato are really desperate. I still see people who says that Naruto understood “girl-friend” and not “girlfriend” I have to admit that it’s really funny, because the translation is really “Are you Naruto’s girlfriend?” à ナルトの彼女かな?“ 彼女Means either girlfriend or sweet heart but nothing else.  And Naruto has only responded “Something like that/ More or less” and not “If you’re splitting hair” In Japanese, it is ”そんな感じだった”à そんな (sonna) means “this kind” 感じ (kanji) means “feeling, sense or impression” and だった (datte) means “is” with a notion of quoting or it could be dattebayo but Naruto was interrupted by Sakura’s hit.  So it’s basically “It’s kind of this (feeling or impression).”

Hello and welcome! It's really interesting that you are studying Japanese, I hope you do well!

I'm sorry if everyone is tired of all the back and forth about this scene. I think everyone fairly knows that 彼女 does not mean "she" in this context (and context is very very important). So I cannot take anyone seriously who says otherwise. However, I would like to emphasize once again about this scene, so I will post my quote right here.

There is a little mistake, the raw says だって not だった (but that doesn't interfere with anything)

「まあ、そんな感じだって…」- "Well, something like that..."

This is all that it says. Nothing more. I do not want people to read into this more than it should be. You do not have to hack at the Japanese language every single time to get a meaning out of it ^^. It is really colloquial to say it this way. Yes, the "って" is for casual quoting. 

no way is he saying dattebayo

By the way everyone - 

Naruto Volume 67 is coming out December 4, 2012!!

I think that's also around the time that this volume will end too

tumblr_n17tev6vc61t0ss41o1_500.jpg

"You've got the need. You've got the dream" 絆ってなんだ?

GNS for life

#10333 Luna

Luna

aespa

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,550 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:20 PM

Hello everyone, I’m new here, and there are two things I would like to share with you:

1. I’d like to tell you about the French version (cause I’m FrenchJ) of the volume 59 and 60 :

·         First, in chapter 558 and 559 (you know, when Naruto saves Sakura and Hinata) from volume 59, there is one interesting thing to note. When Naruto saves Sakura, in the French version he calls her “My little Sakura”. It completely nullify the Hinata moment that everyone claimed it to be a NaruHina moment for months. Here, it shows that Sakura is the only one so dear to him; he never calls someone else like that, especially not Hinata. I know that it’s just the translation of Sakura-chan, but I found it interesting that they choose that moment for translating literally the “chan” suffix. As far as I remember, it was translated just one or two times in the overall French version of the série.

As for the chapter 559, the Hinata rescue was pretty neutral. It seemed really more friendly then some of the biased fan translation, such as the famous “It’s all in your eyes.” Which became “You’re strong; I can see it in your look/eyes.”

·         Then, in volume 60, there is chapter 574 and it really surprised me because they completely implied that there was something going on between Sasuke and Karin in the scene between Jugo and Suigetsu. Here is what Suigetsu said:

Jugo: “Why are you staying in Taka? Don’t tell try to make me believe that it’s just to tease Karin.”

Suigetsu: “Haha! Oh yes it is! The pleasure of interfere in a blossoming relationship is really…Irresistible. Separate what is just one is like cut a prey in two pieces.   

I have to say that I’m kind of confused by what he said; he clearly implied that that Karin and Sasuke are kind of an item by stating that there are in a blossoming relationship and that these two make one.

1.  I’m currently at university, and I’m learning Japanese, so I have some faculties to speak Japanese. And I’d like to say that the people who try to twist chapter 631 and the talk with Minato are really desperate. I still see people who says that Naruto understood “girl-friend” and not “girlfriend” I have to admit that it’s really funny, because the translation is really “Are you Naruto’s girlfriend?” à ナルトの彼女かな?“ 彼女Means either girlfriend or sweet heart but nothing else.  And Naruto has only responded “Something like that/ More or less” and not “If you’re splitting hair” In Japanese, it is ”そんな感じだった”à そんな (sonna) means “this kind” 感じ (kanji) means “feeling, sense or impression” and だった (datte) means “is” with a notion of quoting or it could be dattebayo but Naruto was interrupted by Sakura’s hit.  So it’s basically “It’s kind of this (feeling or impression).”

Welcome to H&E!!! And thanks for this post it really made my day. :)

#10334 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,841 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:06 AM

By the way everyone - 

Naruto Volume 67 is coming out December 4, 2013!!

Fixed, because that's my birthday y'know. :P

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#10335 arian_rad

arian_rad

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 653 posts
  • Interests:Basketball, Soccer, Volleyball, any sport other than tennis... Reading, Writing, Percy Jackson, Naruto, NaruSaku, Video Games, Physics and Engineering.

Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:13 AM

Fixed, because that's my birthday y'know. :P

And my birthday is the third of December... Wow lol

#10336 DattebayoXShannaro

DattebayoXShannaro

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 781 posts
  • Interests:anime/ manga, TCGs, JRPGs

Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:10 AM

Hey, I want to check the validity of something.  Is it true, when Sakura was created, she wasn't meant to be a main character.  I heard this on Manga Fox, and want to know if it's true.

Hello everyone, I’m new here, and there are two things I would like to share with you:

1. I’d like to tell you about the French version (cause I’m FrenchJ) of the volume 59 and 60 :

·         First, in chapter 558 and 559 (you know, when Naruto saves Sakura and Hinata) from volume 59, there is one interesting thing to note. When Naruto saves Sakura, in the French version he calls her “My little Sakura”. It completely nullify the Hinata moment that everyone claimed it to be a NaruHina moment for months. Here, it shows that Sakura is the only one so dear to him; he never calls someone else like that, especially not Hinata. I know that it’s just the translation of Sakura-chan, but I found it interesting that they choose that moment for translating literally the “chan” suffix. As far as I remember, it was translated just one or two times in the overall French version of the série.

As for the chapter 559, the Hinata rescue was pretty neutral. It seemed really more friendly then some of the biased fan translation, such as the famous “It’s all in your eyes.” Which became “You’re strong; I can see it in your look/eyes.”

·         Then, in volume 60, there is chapter 574 and it really surprised me because they completely implied that there was something going on between Sasuke and Karin in the scene between Jugo and Suigetsu. Here is what Suigetsu said:

Jugo: “Why are you staying in Taka? Don’t tell try to make me believe that it’s just to tease Karin.”

Suigetsu: “Haha! Oh yes it is! The pleasure of interfere in a blossoming relationship is really…Irresistible. Separate what is just one is like cut a prey in two pieces.   

I have to say that I’m kind of confused by what he said; he clearly implied that that Karin and Sasuke are kind of an item by stating that there are in a blossoming relationship and that these two make one.

Welcome! :D

#10337 Hiraishin

Hiraishin

infinite

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,021 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:24 AM

I'm sorry if everyone is tired of all the back and forth about this scene.

Not at all, I actually find it quite interesting.

By the way everyone - 
Naruto Volume 67 is coming out December 4, 2012!!

Nice! It feels so far away though haha.

Hey, I want to check the validity of something.  Is it true, when Sakura was created, she wasn't meant to be a main character.  I heard this on Manga Fox, and want to know if it's true.

No, Kishi said he thought he needed a heroine and created Sakura (in other words, Sakura was specifically created to be the heroine).

Edited by Hiraishin, 24 October 2013 - 02:26 AM.

narusaku_ss_by_Cynthi.jpg

#10338 DattebayoXShannaro

DattebayoXShannaro

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 781 posts
  • Interests:anime/ manga, TCGs, JRPGs

Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:26 AM

^ Alright, thanks Hiraishin.

#10339 Luna

Luna

aespa

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,550 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:28 AM

^ Alright, thanks Hiraishin.

If you had this book "Kishimoto, Masashi (2007). Uzumaki: the Art of Naruto. " you can find out what he really said.

#10340 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:28 AM

If parallel gets confirmed, whenever it happens, would you say it's a closed deal?

Edited by NaruSaku4Life3g, 24 October 2013 - 02:28 AM.

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook (2)