• This topic is locked This topic is locked
426 replies to this topic

#381 Yoko

Yoko

Summoning Master

• ANBU
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 02:54 AM

"... What the flying fuck is going on?" Skadi had attempted to figure out the controls but Julien was being... Well, Julien. So she'd wandered back out to the deck, stepping over some dead or unconscious dragoons and paused, staring.

At the burning ship below them.

"Going to see if the kid's less bitchy now," She sighs, referring to their self-proclaimed Captain. "At least sanity still exists in that room."

#382 BlackLightning

BlackLightning

What? I like it.

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Computer games, fanfics, Soccer, Watching TV, others that I don't remember

Posted 19 December 2011 - 03:06 AM

Ryuuji looks at the other man and smirks as he grab the man once more, "Now we get the hell out of this thing.... You might want to brace yourself this time though, I don't know if we can reach up there." without warning, he dash toward the very edge of the transport while pulling back his blade which starts to transform again, this time into a flat sword with red curvy edge as he commands it in his mind, 'Burning Edge.'. He know that the next move will drain the last of his energy but it is the only way he can thing of that have the biggest chance to allow them to reach the still ascending escape route.

As the pair reached the railing, Ryuuji swiped his blade in a wide horizontal arc toward the water, "Blaze Dragon Slash!" As the red energy comes into contact with the water, an explosion accompanied with thick cloud of steam erupted just as the two are exactly above it. The blast of water and steam somehow manage to send them higher just enough for him to nearly grab the railing of the airship. Already completely exhausted, he manage to pull the man up before he lost consciousness.

Love is not about admiring the strength or perfection of the person but to fully accept their shortcoming and weakness. - Me

Dragcave: (Mine and a Certain cat's): http://dragcave.net/user/MelisaArtemis

#383 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 19 December 2011 - 03:16 AM

Balian whistled in appreciation as Ryuuji's water launched them towards the railing. As Ryuuji grabbed onto the railing and hoist Zerva up, he dashed forward to grab the elf and put him securely on deck. He dashed back, just in time to grab Ryuuji before the man lost his grip due to unconsciousness.

"Ack." Balian's body protested against the strain, but he gritted his teeth and pulled the man up and over to the deck. Sighing, he grabbed the man's waist and placed him on the deck. "Whew...so, is this damn day finally over? Can we..." he gestured forward, "...keep moving now?"

#384 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 19 December 2011 - 03:33 AM

Looking at Balian as he sat on the ground, "Maybe....we could just rest for a bit." Zerva said trying to regain his breath.

Looking at the unconscious man lying down he wondered why he was helping out.

"So...any...idea's for this guy?" He said pointing towards the sleeping man.

8c5a9c63d23baf4e9d077bf65597592bb55115a2

#385 Miss Soupy

Miss Soupy

Queen of Fluff

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 03:48 AM

“Let’s try and find a room for him. After that…he deserves it, I think,” Twill said. “Maybe Julien can heal him if he has a moment.” She hadn’t seen the Inquisitor lately, but he was the only one she had seen with healing magic so far.

#386 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 03:52 AM

"Well..." He nudged the unconscious man with his foot, "he did electrocute me, weakening me so I almost got choked to death, and was with a buncha' mercs who wanted us dead." He shrugged, "Why not."

#387 Miss Soupy

Miss Soupy

Queen of Fluff

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 04:03 AM

Twill gave Balian a sly grin. "While we're at it, we can find a room for you too. Sounds like you could use a nap, huh?" Grinning, she moved to help support the unconscious man.

#388 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 19 December 2011 - 04:14 AM

"Heh, guess i'll head with you guys." Zerva said standing up and walking with the other's.

#389 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 04:24 AM

"Ah..." He scratched the back of his head in embarrassment as he adjusted his hold on the man, putting the man's arm around his shoulder, "I guess my age is getting to me. I can still kick your asses out, hah!" Balian let out a barking laugh as they walked. He passed by his fallen helmet and kicked it up to his unoccupied hand.

"Hey Skadi, how's our dear Inquisitor?!" He yelled up at the control room.

Edited by shadow_Uzumaki, 19 December 2011 - 04:24 AM.

#390 Yoko

Yoko

Summoning Master

• ANBU
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 04:31 AM

Skadi peers out the entrance of the control room, looking down at Balian. "Kid's still in panic-mode, I think. Won't let me touch anything!" She hops down next to him and eyes the unconscious dragoon. "... What're we doing with the heap of metal?"

She really, did not understand the appeal of heavy armor at all.

#391 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 04:35 AM

Balian shrugged. "I dunno, we got room up there? Make sure we have chains too, he might go all 'Grr, I'mma keel you for moneh!'" He turned to the others, "What? I still haven't forgiven him from the electrocuting thing..." He grumbled. "At least I saved 'im, right?"

#392 Miss Soupy

Miss Soupy

Queen of Fluff

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 04:57 AM

Heading down a hall of doors, they checked one and found a simple bedroom. “This should be good enough,” she said, helping to deposit the unconscious man on the bed inside. Looking up at Balian, she gave him a questioning look. “Do you think he should be watched?”

Truthfully, the man was very much out-numbered and he had no where to go. On top of that, it seemed like he had been betrayed. For now they couldn’t do anything, but once he was awake she supposed he could be interrogated for further information. The reaction to stealing the airship had been so quick, and the more she thought about it, the more suspicious she felt.

#393 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 05:01 AM

Zerva looked at Twill dreary grey eyes looking into green one. "I'll stay outside the room for now, not like I have anything else to do." Zerva said yawning.

#394 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 05:05 AM

"I'm glad you asked, Missy." He smirked at the young girl as he backed away and used the bottom end of his lance to open the door across from their new member. "I'll be doing the watching." He stopped at the foot of his bed and put down his pack. He began taking off his armor, starting with the gauntlets to change for more comfortable sleeping clothes.

Edited by shadow_Uzumaki, 19 December 2011 - 05:10 AM.

#395 ForgottenBushido

ForgottenBushido

The Pirate King.

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts
  • Interests:Animation, and Graphic design, Photoshop CS3/4, Drawing, Character design. Gaming, Movies, and Girls. >:3 Verry much Girls.

Posted 19 December 2011 - 09:03 PM

Julien just scratched his head and starred at all the aeronautical gauges, instruments, and equipment.

"Seriously, what the hell do I know about Airships?"

The Barracuda seemed to be flying itself. All the gauges appeared to read well, everything balanced out. A flashing light caught Julien's eye above him. He looked up to see a screen with what looked like a plotted course and their coordinates on a map. Above the screen read, "Auto-Pilot Engaged". Julien took pause for a moment to revel in his apparent genius..."Heh, don't even know what I'm doin' and look what I did!" He had totally forgotten about the people who were fighting on the deck or the angry people trying to kill him for a moment.

"Well I don't know where we're going, but hopefully some place good."

He looked out the windows to get some sort of handle on his situation.

"Sky. Check!"

"Clouds. Check!"

"Skadi starring at me from the deck with a funny look on her face. Check!"

Julien shrugged.."Meh, I got this."

#396 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 03:39 AM

"Hrm...." he stroked his chin in thought as he looked at the elf standing guard. Walking out of his chosen room (with his lance shortened, he's not gonna leave his room without it again), he walked to the main control room.

"Well, I think we'll trust the auto-pilot to lead us to the correct destination. We should all get some sleep after this long...exhausting day. Someone needs to be up either out the deck or in the control room standing watch. Considering how we got attacked, I reckon....2 people, 2 or 3 hour shifts in rotation. Walking the perimeter of the ship, close to the railings so we can see any attacks from the bottom." He went back inside his room and rummaged through his pack, producing two light stones and went back to the control room. "These stones produce light by squeezing them for a second or putting them in a socket like the one in my Kain...." He looked at the remaining occupants and grinned, "Who wants first watch?"

#397 Miss Soupy

Miss Soupy

Queen of Fluff

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 03:49 AM

Entering the control room behind Balian, Twill offered, "I can take a shift now. I got a bit of sleep already, so I'm not in danger of passing out."

#398 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 03:56 AM

QUOTE (Miss Soupy @ Dec 19 2011, 09:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Entering the control room behind Balian, Twill offered, "I can take a shift now. I got a bit of sleep already, so I'm not in danger of passing out."

"Hah, like me?" He smirked at the girl behind him. He handed her a light stone, "Who wants the other one?"

#399 Miss Soupy

Miss Soupy

Queen of Fluff

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 02:54 AM

Leaving the control room, Twill headed back out on the deck to keep watch. Making her way back to the side of the deck near where the fire had been, she leaned over the edge to better survey the damage. A blackened circular area was visible, the metal was horribly warped from the heat of the magic fire.

“At least it was stopped in time…” Moving her foot back, it collided with something hard, and she looked down. It was a sword. She knelt, moving to pick it up, when a soft voice called her name and stopped her.

“Wait. Some weapons can be cursed if touched by one that does not own them.” She moved back, watching as Noctua fluttered down to land near the sword.

He stuck out a foot to wrap around the hilt of the sword. Immediately his eyes changed, swirling into glowing red. She watched closely as the owl closed his eyes in concentration. Sometimes he would shutter faintly, as if overwhelmed, but moments later he released the sword and flew himself up on the railing near her.

“It is safe, but it is a blade that has seen a fair amount of combat.”

She nodded faintly, wondering how it was he knew such things. The sword belonged to the man who had boarded the ship. It wouldn’t be a stretch to say he was a very good fighter, but Noctua had known from the sword itself.

“Noctua, what is it that you do? When you read things with magic. You’ve done it before.”

He tilted his head at her and blinked. “Ah, a habit of mine. It helps me better understand my surroundings. Magic, I suppose I would say, has a memory of its own. Imprints, if you will.”

“Imprints…and you can read them?” she questioned, looking curious.

“Yes, I can. It is not a common skill, but my stance is that most do not think to be so observant.”

She looked out at the blue sky, thinking. It would be strange, sending something as personal as ones own magic into other things. Certainly, it could be useful, but, knowing what it felt like when Noctua did it to her, it was not a pleasant sensation.

“What did you see, when you did that to me?”

Noctua looked at her a moment, before turning to stare out at the sky as well. “I saw you in the woods.” he said quietly, remembering. “It was raining. Then I saw your brother and sister. You were saying good bye.”

Twill folded her arms on the railing and leaned her head down against them. She knew exactly what moments he meant. The day in the rain when she made the tough decision to leave them. How painful it had been saying good bye. They were personal things, but now Noctua knew of them.

“Then you know I’m not all that remarkable, if you saw bits of who I am.”

She felt him turn to gaze at her. “I am not meant to be such a judge, Twill. I know you to be honest, and I know you to have great desires to help your family. In this world, I find such things rare, and yes, I’d even say remarkable. Anyone can seek power and wealth for themselves, but it takes more strength to seek such things for others. That is my observation.”

Twill peeked at the bird, feeling warmed by his words. “I suppose you have to be wise, wouldn’t you? Being an owl.”

He cocked his head at her humorously. She imagined he would be smiling, if he could. “Most definitely.”

#400 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 03:05 AM

Guard duty was such a drag, Zerva sat there looking around.

He pulled his sister's sword in front of him, humming a song she used to sing all the time when they were little.

Watching the sword shine in the light he watched it sparkle.

"It should have been me, not you. If I didnt move out of the way you would still be here, though at the cost of my life it would be worth it...." He said quietly to himself.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users