76 replies to this topic

#21 Miss Soupy

Miss Soupy

Queen of Fluff

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 09:32 PM

Even though it annoys me to say this but Naruto moving on but could've been integrated and it could've made some sense if it was done right. Have Naruto confess and then Sakura tells him sorry I just don't have those feelings for you. And then Naruto moves on. That's the problem all that love that Naruto had/has for Sakura was just forgotten and not mentioned again. Like it didn't even exist.

How could Naruto have moved on and still look heroic though? Kishi used the excuse that Sakura moving on would make her look like a terrible woman. However, the manga isn't called Sakura. Or Sasuke. Or Hinata. It's called Naruto. He didn't let go of his feelings towards Sasuke, no matter how edgy he got. He's not supposed to quit. Out of anyone in the manga, he's supposed to be the one portrayed as never giving up.

There is no believable way he could have stopped loving Sakura as the hero of the manga. It's shounen. It's not supposed to be this complicated >.<

#22 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 01:56 AM

How could Naruto have moved on and still look heroic though? Kishi used the excuse that Sakura moving on would make her look like a terrible woman. However, the manga isn't called Sakura. Or Sasuke. Or Hinata. It's called Naruto. He didn't let go of his feelings towards Sasuke, no matter how edgy he got. He's not supposed to quit. Out of anyone in the manga, he's supposed to be the one portrayed as never giving up.

There is no believable way he could have stopped loving Sakura as the hero of the manga. It's shounen. It's not supposed to be this complicated >.<

Right. Naruto never gave up on Sasuke, someone who tried to kill ever Naruto ever held dear including Sakura, but he did give up on Sakura, who stood by him, supported him, healed him, and confessed her love to him in front of her peers. 

#23 Suigetsu

Suigetsu

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 02:13 AM

And what about Mei? what is she supposed to teach? if you are a career woman and you dont get married by your 25th bday then you will remain single for life?
that's shenanigans.

#24 ramenanmitsu

ramenanmitsu

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,414 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 02:15 AM

And what about Mei? what is she supposed to teach? if you are a career woman and you dont get married by your 25th bday then you will remain single for life?
that's shenanigans.

Not to mention, woman like Mei and Anko whose life had nothing to do with guys ended up being fat.
268702-181926-kaworu-nagisa.jpg

#25 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 02:21 AM

Nostradamus@ please ignore the troll who hates Sakura, its not worth it talking to him.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#26 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 02:24 AM

Right. Naruto never gave up on Sasuke, someone who tried to kill ever Naruto ever held dear including Sakura, but he did give up on Sakura, who stood by him, supported him, healed him, and confessed her love to him in front of her peers. 

Yeah, so as I've said, something is rotten in the state of Denmark with that logic!

#27 Namikaze Clan

Namikaze Clan

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 02:36 AM

Do you mean the confession before the Kage Summit? Didn't Naruto say that Sakura was lying to herself and was still in love with Sasuke at the time?

#28 Narufan85

Narufan85

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,412 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 03:02 AM

The moral of Naruto?

Don't be a woman.

#29 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 03:02 AM

Do you mean the confession before the Kage Summit? Didn't Naruto say that Sakura was lying to herself and was still in love with Sasuke at the time?

Yeah, but her actions spoke louder than her words, regardless of the measurable depth of her feelings. (I never thought she was lying. Some people thought she was transitioning her love from Sasuke to Naruto. Others *cough* or haters *cough* thought she was straight-up lying.)

But she was giving her whole heart to Naruto. If he had agreed to come home with her, he would have chosen her over Sasuke and the mission, just as she was choosing him with her confession.

#30 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 03:10 AM

Yeah, but her actions spoke louder than her words, regardless of the measurable depth of her feelings. (I never thought she was lying. Some people thought she was transitioning her love from Sasuke to Naruto. Others *cough* or haters *cough* thought she was straight-up lying.)

But she was giving her whole heart to Naruto. If he had agreed to come home with her, he would have chosen her over Sasuke and the mission, just as she was choosing him with her confession.

Exactly, and Naruto was too dumb to see how honest Sakura's budding feelings for him were, which is likely, even if still damn dumb, one reason he lost her. :(

#31 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 03:21 AM

Exactly, and Naruto was too dumb to see how honest Sakura's budding feelings for him were, which is likely, even if still damn dumb, one reason he lost her. :(

Yeah, she said I love you and he reponded with an indirect "I hate you." Obito gets called a "cool guy" and he can't even muster up an honest thank you for Sakura? 

It was the only time Naruto uttered strong words of disapproval toward anyone in the manga — anyone out of all the serial killers and crazies he's come across — and it was towards Sakura, after she'd confessed her love and begged him to return home.

People still get hung up on the idea that Sakura was lying and manipulating. But Naruto was an ass, plain and simple. In her face, in front of their friends and teachers. It's the strongest statement of dislike he's ever made. 

And now, looking back, we should have seen this crap ending coming. Kishimoto was right! He really doesn't know how to write romance!

#32 lord287

lord287

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 03:22 AM

First of all I hope you do realize you're trying to justify something that makes no sense and it goes against pre-established information. Those kids having whiskers marks makes no sense.

I can blame Naruto for giving up on Sakura, because that's what he did. You can't possible tell me that the character that has been portrayed and said that will surpass everyone before him in the end gave up. Take a look at Jiraiya he loved Tsunade all his life even when Tsunade was with Dan. Another great example Obito, this guy started a war because of 12 year old girl and he never gave up on that love for her. Even when it was childish and stupid. Remember Naruto is the one that no matter what never changes and never gives up.

Even though it annoys me to say this but Naruto moving on but could've been integrated and it could've made some sense if it was done right. Have Naruto confess and then Sakura tells him sorry I just don't have those feelings for you. And then Naruto moves on. That's the problem all that love that Naruto had/has for Sakura was just forgotten and not mentioned again. Like it didn't even exist.

Was it pre established that if the father has the kyubi chakra it won't affect the features of their children. Naruto got the whiskers because kushina had kurama, but it is not known whether he would have/not have got the whiskers if Minato had Kurama. So that point is indeed pretty useless one.

Their is a lot of difference between Jiraiya loving Tsunade and Naruto loving Sakura. First of all Jiraiya hadn't actually done anything much for Tsunade unlike Naruto. Naruto did a whole lot of things for Sakura. ObiRin happened suddenly, because last I know she still loved Kakashi before dying and suddenly ObiRin happened after they both die.

Naruto just couldn't go on asking Sakura for dates and possible confess when it is so damn clear to him that she was ready to leave not only him but the whole village for that BASTARD, meaning she still loves Sasuke very much and he had no chance. HE LITERALLY DID EVERYTHING FOR HER, and if those things didn't change anything why would just some words out his mouth which she was already damn aware of make any difference.

I completely agree with many things happening out of nowhere in the ending including SS/NH, but I completely don't agree about Naruto not having guts, just because he didn't confess to a girl he knows he can't do anything more for her to make her love him. Naruto used to supress his feelings back in part 1 when Sakura showed feelings for Sasuke, and he did the same thing when they became canon. BY THE WAY, SHE ALREADY kittening KNEW ABOUT HIS FEELINGS AND DID A FAKE CONFESSION. NARUTO DOESN'T NEED TO GET ANYWHERE NEAR HER FOR A CONFESSION AFTER HER SAYING "I LOVE YOU" TO SASUKE AND ASKING IF SHE CAN LEAVE WITH HIM. 

Well who is to blam for that then Oh RIGHT KISHI HE SAID IT HIM SELF AFTER ALL HE DIDN'T CARE TO HAVE SAKURA MOVE ON AND ALL YOU DO MAN IS b*tch ON HER AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN. I MEAN ITS NOT HER FAULT AGAIN ITS KISHI'S FAULT AS HE SUCKS AT DOING WOMAN.

So I agree with Nostradamus it is Naruto fault after all he was the one that made Sakura fail more in love with him remember chapter 3 Naruto looking like Sasuke oh yeah that was never brought up by Naruto again Kishi not Sakura who you seem to keep blaming when any any writer would have had her move on but not Kisdhi again his fault not Sakura's SO STOP DIGGING AT HER!

Oh that's nice. People can talk and blame Naruto about not having guts for not confessing and moving on, but it is completely not okay to blame Sakura.

I damn well know kishi was at fault, but if someone says Naruto is at fault for not confessing, then I think definitely Sakura should be blamed very much for the reason Naruto didn't confess.

NS not happening the blame goes

1. KISHI (anything happening or not happening, he is to be blamed)

2. Sakura (according to the story she is the one who couldn't stop loving Sasuke, did a fake confession to Naruto)

3. No one else.

Even kishi said in his interview about that Sakura still loving Sasuke because her loving Naruto would make her a terrible woman( seriously what nonsense kishimoto), but this sentence justifies that Naruto only moved on after he was convinced that their is no chance for him now to gain Sakura's love.

This sentence clearly tells us that SS happening lead to NH happening, thus Naruto moved on only after he was sure that he is just a third wheel between them now in kittening way can make that stupid girl love him.

Nostradamus@ please ignore the troll who hates Sakura, its not worth it talking to him.

I am not a troll, and you just like many other people are just too much in love with Sakura to see her being wrong and start blaming Naruto for NS not happening, whereas how Naruto was their for Sakura, it is Sakura who was in turn the gutless, kitten who chose her abuser over the person who loved her so selflessly.

No unbiased Naruto fan(the series) will in his right mind think that Naruto deserves blame for NS not becoming Canon. It is just SUPER DOOPER SAKURA LOVERS blind to her stupidity like many people here that think Sakura deserved a confession from Naruto after what she said to Sasuke in 693 and 699 and NAruto is at fault for not confessing.

Edited by lord287, 24 November 2014 - 03:29 AM.

REST IN PEACE

15 YEARS OF DEVELOPMENTS

#33 Suigetsu

Suigetsu

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 03:42 AM

Not to mention, woman like Mei and Anko whose life had nothing to do with guys ended up being fat.

Yeah, but that aint excuse for them remaining single. Anko could had very well ended up with Iruka for example "teacher love or something like that" and Mei with Kakashi or even suigetsu "I know she likes young guys, so why not kirigakure's strongest?"

As for the confession, well Kishimoto clearly doesnt seem to know about this subject, and if he doesnt know then his assistant IS SUPPOSED TO HELP HIM OUT! Srsly wtf?! was his assistant some hack otaku that didnt know kitten about life?
For starters if you ever confess to someone your true feelings, you do it while alone, not when your friends, teachers etc.. are staring at you. That's first fail of all.
Srsly, Jump needs to hire good editors, and not hacks.

#34 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 03:51 AM

@lord287 - chill out man

It's clear that you're an NS fan, but there are a lot of people here who don't share your opinion about Sakura. Just let it go and move to a different thread if this isn't stuff you agree with. It's as simple as that. 

#35 Pix

Pix

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts
  • Interests:Boku no Hero Academia is better than Naruto

Posted 24 November 2014 - 05:02 AM

All I have to say is. 

Ain't it something when the fandom of a story has more sense than the author. 

I've finally came to the conclusion that I wanted to avoid: Kishimoto just didn't know what he was doing. That's it. 

He didn't know that writing Bolt's story like that would make Naruto look like a bad dad. He didn't know having Sasuke abandon Sakura would make him look like an even worse dad. He didn't know that drawing Sakura in that manner would look like she wasted her potential. He probably only thought about having the characters stick to their original personalities, which inverted itself and none of them did at the end.  

That's all there is to explain at this point. That's it. 

Squad Roll call :

tumblr_ngv9unJacL1qhmbkio1_r1_500.png

#36 ramenanmitsu

ramenanmitsu

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,414 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 05:48 AM

I cannot get over the fact that none of the Neo-Sannin surpassed their masters in terms of goals and philosophy.
268702-181926-kaworu-nagisa.jpg

#37 Suigetsu

Suigetsu

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 06:06 AM

I cannot get over the fact that none of the Neo-Sannin surpassed their masters in terms of goals and philosophy.

Jiraya man... damn.

I guess the previous generation did not surpass the next. And to think Suigetsu's motto was similar, since we didnt saw him at the ending I like to think he became way to good to be on the last depressing bad ending.

#38 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 10:43 PM

Truth is Kishi couldn't make Naruto moving on and still look heroic. That's not really possible. However what is possible is making it in such a way that Naruto moving on is believable. In real life you don't always get what you want and that could've been implemented in the narrative.

It's not what we wanted of course but it would make some sense. It would at least have some credibility to it.

Reading the comments today in the movie thread about the early screening I saw a story written by an 8 year old. It was written exactly like Hinata's perfect world. Where her feelings for Naruto have an excuse, where she doesn't end up with him because she was his second choice and she gets to be the only one that he loved. Seriously even the most hardcore NH fan can write a better love story between these two.

Personally I'll wait until the movie comes out and someone here posts spoilers of the entire movie, not 30 minutes. And if it's really that bad well for me the story ended at 698 and anything past that didn't happen. I can create my own ending that doesn't screw everything and everyone in it.

Edited by Nostradamus, 24 November 2014 - 11:04 PM.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#39 Miss Soupy

Miss Soupy

Queen of Fluff

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 11:07 PM

Truth is Kishi couldn't make Naruto moving on and still look heroic. That's not really possible. However what is possible is making it in such a way that Naruto moving on is believable. In real life you don't always get what you want and that could've been implemented in the narrative.

It's not what we wanted of course but it would make some sense. It would at least have some credibility to it.

This is exactly my point though. This is a shounen series that is supposed to support a theme of never giving up. The hero isn't supposed to end up only as good as an average person. He's supposed to have defied all the odds and succeed where others fail. By giving up on Sakura, Naruto would lose part of what defines him as a shounen hero. The fact that it's realistic is what makes it unacceptable for a shounen.

#40 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 11:18 PM

This is exactly my point though. This is a shounen series that is supposed to support a theme of never giving up. The hero isn't supposed to end up only as good as an average person. He's supposed to have defied all the odds and succeed where others fail. By giving up on Sakura, Naruto would lose part of what defines him as a shounen hero. The fact that it's realistic is what makes it unacceptable for a shounen.

What's worse about Naruto is that not only that he didn't get the girl. But the way everything ended up for him.

The girl that he loved and did everything in his power to make her happy and realize what an amazing woman she is, ended up with his so called "best friend" that never care about him and about her. He treated them both like garbage his entire life and in the end he's the one that gets rewarded.

Not to mention that Kakashi ended up Hokage before Naruto, without him ever wanting to be one.

The main character got screwed by his two "best friends" and by his mentor. Sasuke stool his dream girl by never caring about her and trying to kill her and Kakashi stool his dream of becoming Hokage. Yeah in the end Naruto got to be Hokage but it's exactly like I said in my rant, it's because Kakashi quit, he retired. Naruto was given leftovers.

Naruto didn't surpass any of his previous predecessors. He didn't even became average. He became the worst of them all.

Also he ended up giving up and everything he promised to do.

A perfect example of a hero that is supposed to inspire hope. Don't you think?

Edited by Nostradamus, 24 November 2014 - 11:21 PM.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users