FrenchMyToast

NaruSaku

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Naruto, Fanfiction, NS Forums

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:34 PM

QUOTE (Darth Krypt @ May 24 2013, 09:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Its the new site layout that has been announced a few months back.

Ah... I spent a while thinking about what the timer was for. Hopefully it looks even better than the current one. happy.gif
tumblr_inline_miqr434aWD1qz4rgp.gif

NaruSaku - Because development doesn't lie. kruemelmonsteryn0.gif

Cleveland Cavaliers - Pittsburgh Steelers - San Francisco Giants

#42 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:42 PM

Wouldn't it be funny if the timer ran out and literally
nothing
changed?
laugh.gif

Edited by zacrathedemon5, 25 May 2013 - 12:27 AM.

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#43 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 12:27 AM

Why must the timer go off when I'm going to be asleep? arg.gif

Left Hand to the Future Pirate King

Vinsmoke "Black Leg" Sanji

2XtVwF6.png

#44 FrenchMyToast

FrenchMyToast

NaruSaku

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Naruto, Fanfiction, NS Forums

Posted 25 May 2013 - 04:33 AM

QUOTE (zacrathedemon5 @ May 24 2013, 04:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wouldn't it be funny if the timer ran out and literally
nothing
changed?
laugh.gif

It would be really funny if the only thing they changed is the shade of blue the website is. 111189.gif

But I think it'll look cool. With a new NS Debate Thread, a new layout, and new NS moments in the manga, the future looks promising. cool.gif Plus, a new look is always refreshing!
tumblr_inline_miqr434aWD1qz4rgp.gif

NaruSaku - Because development doesn't lie. kruemelmonsteryn0.gif

Cleveland Cavaliers - Pittsburgh Steelers - San Francisco Giants

#45 Jake

Jake

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 04:37 AM

QUOTE (FrenchMyToast @ May 25 2013, 12:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It would be really funny if the only thing they changed is the shade of blue the website is. 111189.gif

That would've been great for April Fools.

HampESig_zpsfc7d2080.jpg

#46 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:19 AM

QUOTE (FoolishYoungling @ May 25 2013, 01:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why must the timer go off when I'm going to be asleep? arg.gif

Never mind, at least you'll have something to wake up to! The changes will take time, it won't happen instantly. XD;

You'll also be able to have your say in shaping H&E's future. wink.gif

QUOTE (Jake @ May 25 2013, 05:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That would've been great for April Fools.

It would also be unspeakably cruel. tongue.gif

Regarding the IPB profile error, I have found the source of the error, the database entry that controls it has become corrupted. Hopefully, the changes will fix it today. happy.gif

#47 narulsaku

narulsaku

FALLEN ANGEL

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,383 posts
  • Interests:playing vedio games , readin' mangas , books ,singing , drawing , and also listing music , hang arround with friends , cricket, football, and also table tennise,eating
    I love multipllayer games like dog fight , tanki online.
    ect....

Posted 25 May 2013 - 09:33 AM

excuse me mods but why it is written it is coming? on the top what is coming

god is sweet.......
courage,,,,,,,,,,,
doesn't always roar.............
sometimescourage is quite voice at the
end of the day saying,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
'll try again tomorrow"

#48 Slextrem

Slextrem

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts
  • Interests:I have many interests in life and reading manga happens to be one of them. My favorite pairing is definitely NaruSaku.

Posted 25 May 2013 - 05:51 PM

I just want to say that the new layout looks fabulous. Great job, Smiter! :wow:

#49 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 05:57 PM

Question: is it ok to link page(s) that has "parody of the chapter" that is not necessarily made to bash the user who made it, rather the work of content that's meant to be funny?

#50 jworks

jworks

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 06:56 PM

Looks great guys! Question, are there any new tools/features in addition to the new layout and look?

EDIT: Woops just realized I can discuss this in the announcement's topic.

Edited by jworks, 25 May 2013 - 07:00 PM.

#51 Saku-chan

Saku-chan

Strudel Mistress

• ANBU
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:13 PM

Question: is it ok to link page(s) that has "parody of the chapter" that is not necessarily made to bash the user who made it, rather the work of content that's meant to be funny?

If it doesn't contain any bashing itself, and you aren't posting it in order to bash the creator, then there is no problem.

We are trying to prevent members from debating/attack people who aren't here to represent themselves.

tumblr_np7x15rJxi1qafgx9o1_500.gif

#52 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:57 PM

woah, just came home from my sister's wedding and the forum looks like this! :D XD

I'm used to this design, because of another forum I was once a member of. Nice job guys, thank you ^^!

(edit, ops. I noticed now you already have a thread for this. :wasntme: )

Edited by sushi., 26 May 2013 - 12:21 AM.

ナルサク

#53 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 11:24 PM

If it doesn't contain any bashing itself, and you aren't posting it in order to bash the creator, then there is no problem.

We are trying to prevent members from debating/attack people who aren't here to represent themselves.

Thank you.

#54 Slextrem

Slextrem

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts
  • Interests:I have many interests in life and reading manga happens to be one of them. My favorite pairing is definitely NaruSaku.

Posted 28 May 2013 - 08:44 PM

This probably isn't the right place to talk about this, but I just noticed that NaruSaku - The Build-Up! has been pinned, and I want to say thank you! :D

Edited by Slextrem, 28 May 2013 - 08:44 PM.

#55 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 30 May 2013 - 09:19 PM

No problem, you put a lot of work into those posts.  :smile:

Some people do tend to forget how much build-up NaruSaku has had over the course of the manga, so it's nice to have something to link them to, to ease their worries.  :lol:

#56 六道仙人

六道仙人

レヴィ 好き

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,375 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 11:04 AM

uhm... gif aren't allowed on avatar by change? 'cause i tried to put a little gif on my ava but it doesn't work since it has became a static image.

は天才バスケットマン桜木花道。

"I'm the Basketball genius, Hanamichi Sakuragi"

uvoJkhc.png

#57 Mistraal

Mistraal

Sakura's Personal Theorycrafter

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 590 posts
  • Interests:Game Design, Writing, Anime, Tabletop RPGs, Video Games, Nerdity in all forms.

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:40 AM

How about yes. A mod tells you to stop posting about SS/NH and their fandoms...and what do you do? Post about SS/NH and their fandoms!?!

Let me repost what Sakura Blossoms said. Read it carefully:

NO MORE NaruHina/SasuSaku discussions IN CHAPTER THREADS.

Absolutely NONE.

Your post is not a 'change of pace.' It specifically goes against what Sakura posted. At the very least the NS Debate thread would have been a more appropriate area. If a mod tells you not to post this here, then DO NOT DO IT!

As for clarifying, the mods are working on it right now. There is a line between discussion and bashing, and we will be making the rules clearer. More discussion about this should live in the Q&A thread, and the mods will post there as we sort this out.

Reposting from the Naruto 633 chapter discussion thread.

Underline is mine. I appreciate the upcoming clarification. My concern is censoring discussion of manga developments in the only location on the internet I like to discuss it due to the quality of people here. It seems a bit overarching and overkill to ban all discussion of pairings in chapter threads because it is a part of the manga and is still relevant according to the author.

I think one can easily tell the difference between character bashing and an honest critique of a character's behaviors and actions. Regardless of the character, some of these will be negative if for no other reason than plot holes and Kishi's admittedly poor development of females in his manga. I do not view that as character bashing if it is posed as a logical thought and discussion piece.

I completely agree with prohibiting the cross posting of sites which represent other fandoms, problematic video makers and this sort of thing. That does not belong in chapter discussion. I also agree with prohibiting the bashing of characters when it's obviously being used for no other purpose than to attack them: I.E "She is stupid. She is ugly. He's a loser."  These are not discussion pieces.

To a degree, I think discussion should be monitored as to prevent it straying too far from the developments of the chapter. This is by far the biggest grey area in my opinion though. If 2 pages appear discussing character interaction from Part 1 then a warning should go out in the thread to keep the relevance on the chapter at hand. However, it should be noted that Naruto is an extremely long series populated with parallels that inevitably get discussed as it progresses. Intelligent Mod discretion is needed here as some discussions of past chapters will pop up in this circumstance and they may not necessarily be off topic. A good example is the Kushina/Sakura parallel chapter. Backtracking was all over that discussion but it was not necessarily off topic due to the nature of the chapter.

Pairing discussion is difficult as well. I will use Hinata as my example because she and her feelings will inevitably come up in chapters to come. Hinata is a character that, in my opinion, rally got the short end of the stick. She's poorly developed in all senses and all she ever talks about is her feelings. It's almost impossible to discuss Hinata without NaruHina coming into the discussion because that is all Hinata talks about in the manga.

A great example is chapter 633 where she used the 64 palms. I saw a lot of character critiques of Hinata and her thoughts in this moment and even wrote one myself. However, I didn't read anything I would consider "bashing" as most were intelligently written, analyzing Kishimoto's writing and where he is going to end up taking the character. I enjoy partaking in these discussions.

Now, say chapter 637 rolls around and Hinata and Sakura aren't even in the chapter, we have no pairing development because Naruto is in a 1v1 with Madara, and the discussion devolves into NS vs. NH. This is off topic. A warning should go out in the thread to return to chapter discussion or take it to the debate thread.

I am by no means trying to tell you guys how to run your forum. You have a great place here and I greatly enjoy posting here. However, I felt it was important to get my 2 cents across about this because i would rather not lose the discussions we have here. :)

Thank you very much for taking this thoughts into consideration! :thanks:

tumblr_mn7ior22z51qgap4ho7_r1_500.png

So THAT'S how it is!!!!

#58 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:53 AM

I have a few questions for you. I wasn't going to say anything, but I rather make it known rather than continue to side-step.

What happens when one of the mods, or one of you guys, breaks a rule? I am not trying to sound arrogant, but I have to wonder are mods and admins above the rules and just do not apply to them? If we feel a mod or admin is doing something that might be inappropriate, how do we the members able to voice our opinions of such matters without the fear of being banned?

Also, and this one I really want to know above all else, if we feel we are being harassed by a mod or admin or feel we are being targeted specifically how would we voice our concern to the right people? Granted, I understand this might be a rare occurrence, but in the event such things occur what can be done?

Thank you for your time.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 12 June 2013 - 07:55 AM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#59 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:36 PM

You have two options: Tell another mod or admin or tell Smiter. When people have complained about warnings I have handed out I tell them they can talk to Smiter. He funds the site, so he's the master of this universe as far as I am concerned. We just help him out because he cannot do it all himself.

However, I don't believe in coincidences when it comes to accsusations like this and despite the general and hypothetical nature of your post, your specific complaint is transparent given its timing. You don't accuse anybody directly, but really you don't have to.

As to the previous warning that resulted in your temp ban, it's hard to believe you didn't see it coming given how the post that resulted in it started off. As to this one, I thought Sakura was more than clear in what she said. I read your post. I saw what you said about the fandoms. You hated being called delusional by Codus and Co.? So then why are effectively saying the same about them? You just do it in a nicey-nice way. You sit there and paint the same broad negative brush over them that you think others to do to you.

The follwing part is directed at the entire board:

The rule has been no bashing. But for three weeks too many people seem unable to accomplish this task. In 631, there were repeated verbal warnings because people would not quit grinding other fandoms face in it...something people constantly whine that other fandoms do. As I said then, it's REAL hard to feel sorry about that behavior when I watch our members do the same damn thing. It continued in the following chapter and it's going on in 633 too.

Did you not see the post that sent Jenskott off? About how illogical they are and how the poster also insulted every person of faith in the process? Three weeks of this crap, and this is after multiple verbal and official warnings. I made one, Shauna has made several, trixsie had made several, Derock had made at least one and so has Smiter. I believe Saku-chan as well. How many more do you guys need?

Up until this point all people had too in discussing NH/SS is stick with the merits and stay on topic. If someone said 631 wasn't a NS moment, you can explain why without calling names or making innuendos to that effect. You an address the merits of argument without invoking the fans or how stupid you think they are. Plenty of people do this just fine, but too many are not.

I do not know what the end result will be, but we will let everyone know when we have decided and will provide the clarification that Mistraal is asking for.

#60 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:55 PM

Ummm....okay. Thanks for answering my question, Nate, but I feel the rest was unnecessary. However, if you must know there is something that goes much deeper than just the events that happened recently. Something that started roughly about a year ago maybe even longer and have a good hunch that it is still happening to this day. I wanted to wait to bring this up because I needed the evidence, but had very few at the moment. I can't prove it yet, but I do have enough to know that it is not just a coincidence. I am gonna take this as serious as you would so please don't think I am doing this without good reason or cause.

There also seems to be this fine line between bashing and criticism, but one step at a time I guess. I have a hard time seeing it myself at times because sometimes what I see as criticism, others take as bashing. So it is hard to want to say in a nice, calm, manner only to be accused of being a troll or worse. Like would the post I am writing now is considered bashing or criticism? I see it as criticism, but others see it as bashing. So you can see where confusion may occur. I am not sure if the problem is the communication itself or even because some are being overly sensitive to their own faults. Whatever the case may be, it is a problem that occurs.

No offense, Nate, but sometimes the lines keep being redrawn on a moment by moment basis and it is hard to keep track. Because of these rule changes on a moment by moment basis, you can see where miscommunication might occur. Especially at moments where you tend to crack down on a rule rather hard while other times it tends to be more lenient. I am aware of the process that might be involved in certain situations, but again where are the lines drawn and how far do you take it? (rhetorical, no need to answer this one)

I do want to be straight up with you about something. I wanted to bring this issue up a long time ago. I have discussed these problems with friends for a while but felt I shouldn't because of a common fear. Being banned just for raising an awareness to it. I don't know what that means to you, but maybe raising such an awareness of this fear will makes things better. I don't know. I care about this site too, despite what many have claimed about me and I care about their voice especially on moments that need to be discussed, but are too afraid to say anything because they don't want to be banned. I don't have such fear, but my friends don't want me banned either and I care more about them than myself.

I hope you take this into consideration as I have and while there is no true solution to this problem, maybe saying something is a step in the right direction. I rather be pro-active than reactive. I don't need a reply to this post, but I really want the mods and admins aware of the members of this site and how they feel. I see everyday how people react and at times it feels like people only do things out of fear rather than respect.

If I can make things better for all of us, then I can say my mission was successful. I am not trying to show my arrogance or claim stuff just to cause trouble, but rather like you guys make things a little better for the community.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 12 June 2013 - 05:00 PM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users