• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • Interests:Comic-books: Superman, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Batman, X-Men...
    Manga/anime: Ranma 1/2, Saint Seiya, Kimagure Orange Road, Fist of North Star, Touch, City Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Mazinger Z, Devilman, Cutey Honey, Daimos, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock, Gundam, Bubblegum Crisis, Lone wolf and Cub, Naruto...
    Cartoons: Ninja Turtles, The Transformers, Thundercats, G. I. Joe, The Real ghostbusters, He-Man, SilverHawks, Batman TAS, Avatar...
    Videogames: Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, King of Fighters, Earthbound, Golden Sun, Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Alex Kid, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Crash Bandicoot, Medievil, Dragon Quest, Secret of Mana, Terranigma...
    Movies: Riders of Lost Ark, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The Ghostbusters, Highlander, Robocop, Return to Oz, Conan the Barbarian, The Goonies...
    Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, The Wizard of Oz, Dracula, Treasure's Island, Journey to the Center of Earth, The Black Arrow, Alice in Wonderland...

Posted 27 February 2014 - 05:08 PM

I do not know if this is the sub-forum proper, and I am hesitant about doing this, because -no offense intended- I am a very private person. I refuse mixing my real life with my online acivities and I intend to continue doing so...

But I am very hurting right now, and I... I needed venting.

Yesterday my father died at the age of seventy-three years, after a two-month-long struggle against pneumonia (and before that he had been fighting against Alzheimer during eight years).

I am Christian, so to me this is only a temporal separation, and he is now in a happier and calmer place, where he no longer is suffering or feeling pain or sadness, in company of his own parents and one of my uncles. My belief helps to lessen the pain and comforts me and brings me hope; but it still hurts nonetheless.

It hurts now remembering all our old arguments -and thinking of how petty and dumb they feel now-, our talks or the memories I shared with him... and pondering about all memories he did not share with me. They are gone with him, now.

According an old African proverb, "when an old man dies a library burns to the ground".

He was born in and grew up during the forties. Now another person truly knew what living through that decade was like has passed away; meanwhile, it continues increasing the number of people whose knowledge and opinion of that period -and of another periods of the past- are based on a brief paragraph on a history book, a badly written and full of mistakes online page, biases, prejudices and preconceived notions. Thus, we slowly and gradually forget the past, replacing it with a distorted and incomplete picture of the itself.

Sigh. I better stop now. I am sorry if I have somehow bothered or offended someone, but I needed getting a lot of thinkgs off my chest.

Bye for now, dad. I love you. R. I. P.

super-robot-wars-poster.jpg

Do you want to take over the world, huh? Well, you'll have to go through us first!

#2 KnS

KnS

感じの作家

• ANBU
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Writing

Posted 27 February 2014 - 05:21 PM

I don't see how your post could possibly offend anyone.  I, for one, appreciate that you were brave enough to write it and share your experience with us.

Please accept my sincere sympathy for your loss.  My own father died a few years ago, and I share your same Christian beliefs.

The death of a parent has its own particular set of feelings.  You grieve for the missed opportunities, the seemingly petty issues that might have separated you from time to time, the loss of your father's life of knowledge and experiences.  His history that is part of your own history.  I think it's impossible to imagine how it feels until it happens to you.

There's also the strange feeling that you're suddenly more of an adult than you were before.  One of the people who was there at the very beginning of your life, who brought you into the world, is now gone.  The times you spent alone with your father -- fishing, skiing, watching movies, whatever you shared -- are now yours alone until the time comes for you to see him again.  It's a powerful and perspective-changing experience.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.  Take care.

#3 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts
  • Interests:cardcaptor sakura!

Posted 27 February 2014 - 05:23 PM

really sorry to hear that.

2UFqbUS.gif

I can't even say good bye to you for the last time

I'm sorry

#4 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:Reading and writing. Anime/Manga.

Posted 27 February 2014 - 05:44 PM

My sincerest sympathies for your loss. I can't personally relate to the loss of a parent through death, but I can imagine that it must be hard. At least you can find some comfort in your faith that you will be able to see him again one day. My thoughts are with you and your family during this difficult time.

#5 Burning_Wulf

Burning_Wulf

Just your friendly, neighborhood zombie hunter.

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Interests:Wolves, Anime/Manga, Rx7, NaruSaku, Timeoff work, Sleeping, Comics, Napping, Cats, Resting, Skeet, and Racing plus too much more....

Posted 27 February 2014 - 06:02 PM

I am sorry for your loss Jenskott,  My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. 

coco_zps31bec3d3.jpg

#6 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 06:14 PM

My deep condolences to you and your family. Stay strong.

#7 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 06:43 PM

I'm sorry. Truly. That's all I can say. I'm not religious, neither am I particularly good with words, and I can not relate to you like the first response either. I send my condolences to you and your family.

Edited by sushi., 27 February 2014 - 06:43 PM.

ナルサク

#8 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,424 posts
  • Interests:Writing

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 27 February 2014 - 07:22 PM

My condolences to you and your family.  

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#9 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,022 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 10:10 PM

I'm sorry mate. You have my condolences. I wish I could say more but I'm not very good when it comes to this sort of stuff.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#10 Ausakura

Ausakura

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 11:57 PM

This is very sad, I'm sorry for you. 

Well, it's complicated to think like that about the past... Sure, the past is the pillar which sustains the present and the present itself is result of actions in the past, but... The past is in the past. I think that the objective of the past is to obtain knowledge from it. If it's history is now distorted or not... It doesn't matter, if you can learn something good from it.

About your father, you can think what you wanted to share with him and didn't shared, be memories, feelings or anything else, but don't let you drown yourself with sorrow and sadness, just take this as a lesson. If you are going to be a father someday, be to your child the picture of the ideal father. Your arguments (dumb or not) you had with him helped you to build yourself to be the person you are now and that's great. Life is too short for losing time with regrets. Occupy your mind with all the sweet memories you have shared with him, even if they're not many. It's better for him to pass away leaving nostalgia to the livings than to be leaving pain.

As he lived in his own time, you live now in yours. Make it worthy living! Don't miss a single thing. Maybe the time will burry our history too, but if there's a way to live everything you can, alright, let's not lose our time. Your father is really in a better place right now, where there is no time at all. And he won't be pleased to know that you was left here to suffer. But yeah, don't play the strongest... You have your right to feel pain. Cry everthing you need to. And when you finish, stand up! This is the world of the livings and time pass really fast! One day you will see him again. Make him feel no regrets. 

May your dad rest in peace.

#11 KeikoxYusuke

KeikoxYusuke

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 01:57 AM

I'm a Christain as well, and I feel for your loss. Like the others, I don't know the words to say. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

narusaku_opening_12_by_toastywarrior-d5i

#12 Rozette

Rozette

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 03:43 AM

I am so sorry for you and your family. Please know that no matter what you are never alone, especially during such a time as this. I'll be praying for you, that God may mend your broken heart. Best of wishes and stay strong.

tumblr_mxbjasXMEh1smr913o2_500.png

There was once a hero who flew too close to the sun.

His wings of wax fell apart and he plummeted to the earth...

#13 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 03:48 PM

"Say not in grief that "[He] is no more," but say in thankfulness that [He] was. A death is not the extinguishing of a light, but the putting out of the lamp because the dawn has come."

-Hebrew Proverb.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#14 Muffins?

Muffins?

Bearded Priest of Norvos

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 04:57 PM

I've been there man and it really sucks. I can offer my sympathies or whatever but I know nothing really made me feel better after my dad passed so all I can really say is hang in there. As cheesy as it sounds it never really gets better, just easier not to think about.

JLHza2T.png

#15 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 06:18 PM

I am so sorry for your loss, Jenskott. My prayers are with you and your family.

#16 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 09:06 AM

My condolences to you and your family. May he rest in peace.

#17 itsmesakura

itsmesakura

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Interests:Anime/manga physics, biology, maths, and probably every lesson at school (coz I love to study!), celebrities, trivia/quizzes, adventure, writing diaries/journals, visiting the orphan, going out with my friends, and everything that smells like school, and lesson, and challenging

Posted 01 March 2014 - 02:57 PM

I am sorry for your lost

I have go through that situation where your dearest person has no longer live, and I know it was very tough..But, don't mourn too much, because I know it will made your dad sad... I can imagine your dad was smiling at you, up there beside Him, giving you blesses and motivations...After your dad's lost you must be tough, dear... Because being sad will only made your life plunge down to a deep hole, and not only you who'll be sad, but your dad too... Up there he will regret numerals of things... So, stay strong, and instead of mourning use this as a life lesson, and dedicate everything you accomplish to your dad, make him proud... I know he was sending blesses and faiths to you, i know that... I know he loves you dearly, and always remember tbat your dad died as a hero, fighting hard for a country, and also a disease... from what I have read your dad is very heroic and amazing, and you must step up and be like him too

Anyway, dear.. Don't ever regret every single cold arguments you have with him.... Deep down I know he loves you so much, and without those arguments there will no be moments between you and your dad...Maybe bitter hut at least you hot something to cherish and remember for

Again, I am sorry for your lost... R.I.P to your lovely Otosan... Send my love to you and your families... I'll always pray for your dad..

If you want something JUST GO FOR IT

#18 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • Interests:Comic-books: Superman, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Batman, X-Men...
    Manga/anime: Ranma 1/2, Saint Seiya, Kimagure Orange Road, Fist of North Star, Touch, City Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Mazinger Z, Devilman, Cutey Honey, Daimos, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock, Gundam, Bubblegum Crisis, Lone wolf and Cub, Naruto...
    Cartoons: Ninja Turtles, The Transformers, Thundercats, G. I. Joe, The Real ghostbusters, He-Man, SilverHawks, Batman TAS, Avatar...
    Videogames: Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, King of Fighters, Earthbound, Golden Sun, Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Alex Kid, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Crash Bandicoot, Medievil, Dragon Quest, Secret of Mana, Terranigma...
    Movies: Riders of Lost Ark, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The Ghostbusters, Highlander, Robocop, Return to Oz, Conan the Barbarian, The Goonies...
    Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, The Wizard of Oz, Dracula, Treasure's Island, Journey to the Center of Earth, The Black Arrow, Alice in Wonderland...

Posted 01 March 2014 - 03:53 PM

Thank you all for your good wishes. And yes, you are right my sorrow will only make my father sad as well.

Please accept my sincere sympathy for your loss.  My own father died a few years ago,

I've been there man and it really sucks. I can offer my sympathies or whatever but I know nothing really made me feel better after my dad passed so all I can really say is hang in there. As cheesy as it sounds it never really gets better, just easier not to think about.

I am awfully sorry of hearing that. My condolences and my prayes go as well to you and your families.

And it is true it does not really get better but it gets easier to not think about. Most of time I try keeping myself busy to not think about it, but then something happens that brings it up all to my mind again...

Sometimes I try the opposite tactic, and I dwell on my memories to try to cheer myself up somewhat. After all, they are part of what I get left from him, so why avoiding them?

It will take time... but I will heal. I have to. My family needs me.

"Say not in grief that "[He] is no more," but say in thankfulness that [He] was. A death is not the extinguishing of a light, but the putting out of the lamp because the dawn has come."

-Hebrew Proverb.

that is beautiful, James. Thank you.

super-robot-wars-poster.jpg

Do you want to take over the world, huh? Well, you'll have to go through us first!

#19 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 04:36 PM

that is beautiful, James. Thank you.

You're welcome. I lost my uncle who pretty much was a father to me and taught me everything last year and I know how hard it is to lose someone that close and important to you. One thing I know of is they couldn't be more proud of you.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#20 MangaReader

MangaReader

I'm the Greatest Ever!!

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Drawing
    Animating
    Watching TV

Posted 01 March 2014 - 06:25 PM

Can't say I know how your feeling as I lost people important to me when I was little... Despite that though, my prayers go out to you and your family. 

sad_naruto_sig_by_mangafreak17-d81c8fy.p

Even if I'm not the one to make you happy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users