#21 Silverback1138

Silverback1138

Gamer, Geek, Otaku

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 67 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Anime, Guitars

Posted 07 August 2008 - 08:03 AM

Anyone else here seen Aizu Pure? It looks really short and I've only seen 2 episodes, but so far it's great. Look for it on Crunchroll. It's the story of a guy who really likes this popular girl who he by coincedence, gets grouped with, but as he's starting to develope feelings for her, a childhood friend of his comes back after 5 years and her presence starts some conflict. Great so far, but it looks really short.

#22 Chidori Mistress

Chidori Mistress

Lolita of Squack <3

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 10:25 AM

I thought Aizu Pure was....very strange.

#23 Silverback1138

Silverback1138

Gamer, Geek, Otaku

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 06:50 AM

QUOTE (Chidori Mistress @ Aug 7 2008, 03:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I thought Aizu Pure was....very strange.

I really like it. I've gone through 4 of 6 episode so far. Considering how short it is, the characters go through a lot of the developement. Going through what younger guys go through, it's really nice to see the main male protagonist go through feelings of pure love as the primary motivation, not lust. It almost reminds me of something that happened in my younger years.

#24 Silverback1138

Silverback1138

Gamer, Geek, Otaku

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 10:51 PM

Just wanted to revive this topic regarding another one.

http://www.onemanga.com/Pastel/

I just ran across it looking for a change of pace from History's strongest Disciple Kenichi, which is my current favorite manga for the balance of action and such. I guess I'm a boy in a man's body. Anyways, back on topic. It's so innocent and geniune but there's also enough ecchi and fanservice. It almost makes me an envious that I have never experienced anything as such. While men are more physical, this kinda re-enforces geniune love, not just lust. There are times that you almost want to wack the main character in the back of the head at time and there are times when you can relate with him. Honestly, just great. I'd recommend it to anyone who needs that occasional different fix from guns, ninja, robots and others that we hold dear.

#25 Sir Whirly

Sir Whirly

Artest. Classy. Pick one.

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts
  • Interests:Anime, pot, and women. What more do you need in life?

Posted 22 June 2009 - 11:05 PM

Ai Yori Aoshi

I really enjoyed this one. It makes it try to seem harem, but from the beginning it just the two main characters. I really suggest this one.

#26 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 23 June 2009 - 12:12 AM

QUOTE (Derock @ Jun 28 2008, 12:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I told everyone that I loved Sailor Moon. It's was one of my first anime series to watch. And I'm always a sucker for romance (I've been a fan of Disney romance like Little Mermaid, Aladdin, and Lion King -but not old school like Cinderella and Snow White-). It gave me the reason why I love main character couples, which is why I'm a addictive NaruSaku fan biggrin.gif

You're not the only guy here that still likes Sailor Moon Derry. XD

uc.png

#27 Silverback1138

Silverback1138

Gamer, Geek, Otaku

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 08:05 AM

QUOTE (UzumakiEdward85 @ Jun 22 2009, 05:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You're not the only guy here that still likes Sailor Moon Derry. XD

I also watched a little bit of Sailor Moon when I was in jr high if I remember right. It was interesting but it was a bit to girlish for me. Most of the romance that I like tend to be more unisex friendly. Hey, you like what you like.

It is nice to see some cute girls at the local anime convention as sailor scouts. I'm older now though, so I gotta avoid the whole lolicon complex...LOL. I'm not a dirty old pervert!

BTW, Sir Whirly, I gotta check out Ai Yori Aoshi now smile.gif. Just got caught up in Pastel, need more!! I've honestly been addicted to manga in general this past year but the romance ones have really gotten to me on good occasion.

Edited by Silverback1138, 23 June 2009 - 08:09 AM.

#28 Nawheetos

Nawheetos

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 03:16 PM

Damn it, I'm a girl, everyone thinks its normal when I obsess over all the rom com mangas I love... well, to the extent that they think obsessing over manga is normal. I still like watching early episodes of Sailor Moon when I'm down, and I'm in my 20s. Is that embarrassing enough?

#29 Saku-chan

Saku-chan

Strudel Mistress

• ANBU
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 04:55 AM

I guess the only thing that doesn't fit in totally would be that I'm addicted to Welcome to the N.H.K.

I just think it's a hilarious series which at the same time, let's me know that at least I'm not as bad as that. XD

The novel was more SRS. |:| But I liked it, too. By the end, you feel like a hikikomori. XD
tumblr_np7x15rJxi1qafgx9o1_500.gif

#30 Yakatsu

Yakatsu

Sun Tzu said whaaaaaaaaat?

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts
  • Interests:Your mother.

Posted 25 June 2009 - 06:32 AM

I watch Captain Tsubasa occasionally.

It starts a spark in my heart to see such an old anime , one that managed to give me love to football.

Even though the exaggeration in it , is over the top. I'm not a fan of anime. But Lupin the 3rd and Captain Tsubasa always makes me reminisce in the older times when I was a child.

Lupin was obvious why I loved it. Good action scenes , quirky humour and the art was...well funny as well, but with hints of realism, toning down the 'prettiness' of the human body with body hair and so on.

Lupin still makes me smile after these long long years.

...I feel old.

#31 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 25 June 2009 - 03:06 PM

The only series that come to mind are Ichigo 100%, Love Hina, Suzaku, and Toradora!. But, they are pretty main stream so I don't think they are really secretive.

I don't really watch romance heavy animes because to me most of them are unintentionally filled with heavy amounts of DRAMA and the main male leads end up doing things that make me shake my head. I'm not one for slice of life stuff, but I can handle it if it's comedy.

In fact I find series that tend to have romance as a side theme to be more appealing and well developed. Since the characters don't only focus on their romantic feelings but rather develop all parts of their character you get to see them really grow and it feels better. Examples are Kenchi, Rosario + Vampire , Full Metal Panic, Spice and Wolf, and a recent favorite Regios.

Oddly its series that are more action/adventure heavy that I find more appealing then those that have it as a main focus.

Though guilty pleasure..I like harem and eechi stuff, but that's normal for a guy eh?

#32 Zatren6

Zatren6

y

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Hockey, Drawing (even though I suck something awful), Photography, Video Games, etc.

Posted 25 June 2009 - 03:13 PM

I...I love Clannad.

Including After Story.

I said it.

#33 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 25 June 2009 - 03:15 PM

QUOTE (Zatren6 @ Jun 25 2009, 11:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I...I love Clannad.

Including After Story.

I said it.

#34 Zatren6

Zatren6

y

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Hockey, Drawing (even though I suck something awful), Photography, Video Games, etc.

Posted 25 June 2009 - 03:20 PM

QUOTE (True @ Jun 25 2009, 11:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Don't even start, you liked Toradora! I mean jeez.

#35 BlackLightning

BlackLightning

What? I like it.

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Computer games, fanfics, Soccer, Watching TV, others that I don't remember

Posted 29 June 2009 - 11:19 AM

K-On...

Love is not about admiring the strength or perfection of the person but to fully accept their shortcoming and weakness. - Me

Dragcave: (Mine and a Certain cat's): http://dragcave.net/user/MelisaArtemis

#36 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 01:45 AM

Besides Naruto and Bleach being my favorite anime/manga I liked:

Gurren Luggan

The Rave Manga and animated show Rave Master. The Manga ended not to long ago but the anime show appears on Monday nights at Sci-Fi. I always skip watching Gundam 00 (so boring, Code Geass had the best armored suits and story line, too bad they didn't make a R3 with my favorite character Suzaku as the leader.)

Tokko was an okay anime except it was super short.

Ruroni Kenshein (the red haired guy with the crazy battle mode demon eyes and left-handed Katana blade.)

I can't remember the name of the anime/manga but i think it started with an H, it was about a guy who wore this green tux, slicked back hair, and could fire ceros from his finger in combat. He traveled between the living and spiritual world fighting various types of demons and his blue haired broom riding friend "butone" or something like that. It used to come on Adult Swim years ago and i got into it until it was removed from Adult Swim.

#37 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 01:50 AM

@ 6thHokage

- It's called Yu Yu Hakusho, you can find the series almost anywhere. It's a classic.

- Rurouni Kenshin is awesome yes, but his katana wasn't left handed. The blade was on the reverse side. Google sakabatou for a definition.

#38 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 02:25 AM

QUOTE (Cloud @ Jul 9 2009, 08:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
@ 6thHokage

- It's called Yu Yu Hakusho, you can find the series almost anywhere. It's a classic.

- Rurouni Kenshin is awesome yes, but his katana wasn't left handed. The blade was on the reverse side. Google sakabatou for a definition.

Thanks for the info Cloud, It's been so long since a seen them. It was on Adult Swim years ago when i saw them. biggrin.gif

#39 Ani

Ani

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,058 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 03:50 AM

QUOTE (Zatren6 @ Jun 25 2009, 10:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I...I love Clannad.

Including After Story.

I said it.

Hellz yes. fu.png

I like seinen manga. Especially bloody and gore kinds like Berserk, Gantz, Vagabond and Higurashi. But I dunno if that's really weird or shameless. 8D

#40 krisk

krisk

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 12:55 PM

QUOTE (BlackLightning @ Jun 29 2009, 06:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
K-On...

ME TOO ;_;

well not the whole moeblob regurgitation in animation, just a few character building eps. That and it gave me GITAH. ...so it was an ok ride even though I outwardly hate it!

HOLD ME arg.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users