The NaruSaku Rant Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1216 replies to this topic

#1201 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 23 February 2005 - 09:41 AM

Yeah, the age thing was the only reason I couldn't really get used to Gaara being Kazekage at first. But I am getting used to it. happy.gif He definitely has the power, I was just pondering about how the village feels about him - don't forget that he was feared and despised when he was younger.

I had a think about the "missing 2 1/2 years", and compared Part 2's beginning to how Part 1 developed. I think that Kishimoto will continue to dripfeed us information on what happened during that time as Part 2 goes on. He wants to save things for real revelations later on. If he were to just parade out what happened to everyone, it would feel like another Chapter 238.

I mean, who knew that the bickering Ino and Sakura in Chapter 3 were actually best friends once? Kishi revealed the past between Sakura and Ino in the Chuunin Exam - we were in the fifties by then. The characters and relationships were slowly fleshed out in Part 1, so I expect the same with Part 2, especially where the missing years are concerned.

We probably won't see anything about Naruto and Sakura's missing years until the time is right - be it a major new jutsu, someone they met, thoughts they had about each other.

I also highly doubt we will see Sasuke until Naruto and Sakura actually meet him. I'm sure that Kishimoto would really like to hit us with a big shock. To show Sasuke beforehand would take away from the impact of the moment when it does happen.

Patience. wink.gif

#1202 Faucon

Faucon

Keeper of the C2

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 05:18 PM

LOL look at this Thread... talk about biased towards NaruHina...

From the very beginning, their future relationship was already hinted so many times

I dont get this part, it was only one-sided stuff...
There are 405!!! ( NaruSaku ) stories in the C2.
And 297 subscribers currently!!

The BIG archive of NaruSaku stories
Tell me if im missing any fics

#1203 Guest_Aethos_*

Guest_Aethos_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 February 2005 - 05:43 PM

Oh and better yet. What about when you say "Oh Naruto and Hinata will only be good friends. Naruto has earned Sakura's love"

Typical NaruHina response

"NO NARUSAKU WILL NEVER HAPPEN!!11!1!1!11!! NARUHINA IZ MEANT 2 B!!1!111111111oneoneone"

notice how the NaruHina throws a temper tantrum at the sheer thought of Naruto and Hinata only being friends.

#1204 Geno Calamari

Geno Calamari

Doomsayer/Bartender

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 850 posts
  • Interests:Naruto. Temari. Neji. Yondaime. Itachi. Kiba. Tenten.<br />Spreading my Kishimoto-hate.

Posted 24 February 2005 - 07:55 PM

QUOTE (Smiter @ Feb 23 2005, 05:41 AM)
I mean, who knew that the bickering Ino and Sakura in Chapter 3 were actually best friends once?  Kishi revealed the past between Sakura and Ino in the Chuunin Exam - we were in the fifties by then.  The characters and relationships were slowly fleshed out in Part 1, so I expect the same with Part 2, especially where the missing years are concerned.

This is because Sakura was largely an object that could talk before Ino came along and gave her some history. We knew about Sasuke and Naruto from like, minute one. But Sakura had no characterization or history until Ino showed up and gave her some.
I still look at the first, what 20 or so episodes, what encapsulate the Wave Country Arc as Stand-Alone. I don't think that Kishimoto knew if his series would go on for any longer than one season. Most anime don't. Sometimes that's a good thing. *cough*Evangelion*cough*

But you can see a marked difference in the style between Part 1, the wave country and everything before it, and the real Part 2, the Chuunin exam and everything after it. Now we're entering Part 3, 2.5 Years Later.
The first season was fine on its own. It started, it ended with a concept, and it proved Naruto's way of thinking to be the right one, morally and ethically. It ended on a high-note, with all the characters walking across the bridge that was named in Naruto's honor.
That jilting ending that doesn't really end is very common in anime. Large things never get settled, evils aren't always fought. That's the way anime works. It's not as formula-driven as American media, and that's why I like it.
The Wave Country Arc was sweet and charming in a way that Naruto hasn't been since. I remember watching Orochimaru Mind Blast Sakura and Sasuke with images of their own grisly death and thinking 'Man, this sure took a dark turn.'

I point to the encapsulated concept by mentioning that in part 1, we had seven characters. Iruka, Konohamaru, Naruto, Sasuke, Kakashi, Sakura, and Sandaime. Those were the main people representative of Naruto's world. You could count Inari, I guess, but he's not a main character and more of a plot device. Much as Zabuza and Haku were just sort of villians. They're not important in this comparison.
But as soon as the chuunin exam rolls around, we get nine more genin. The anime/manga even takes the time to stop and have Naruto voice-over a description of each rookie. That's the only time that's ever happened. My point is that Naruto goes from having the listed seven characters to more than tripling the cast of Konoha Ninja.
Part 1 didn't use the secondary characters like Chouji, Ino, Asuma, Shikamaru, Kiba and so forth because Kishimoto didn't expect to have time to flesh them out. Ever. But as soon as he gets the green-light to make more, the first thing he does is have a 'Tell everyone your name' session.
I am not the person to talk to if you like Shikamaru. I am not the author to read if you want to see more Shikamaru. End of Story.

I have fanart... kind of... so there, punks.

#1205 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 24 February 2005 - 08:51 PM

(to Faucon's post)

Ahh, it's just the same old. They will always try to type out a bunch of crap and hope that some of it sticks.

Another reason I quit trying to debate in pairings threads. Because they always post flimsy reasons that have no grounding in the manga. It always amazes me to see how NaruHina and SasuSaku think that one-sided feelings make a couple.

It's funny how they pay attention to Sakura and Hinata's crushes (well, Sakura's FORMER crush tongue.gif), but they ignore or belittle Naruto's feelings of love towards Sakura, and Sakura's emerging feelings!

Ahh, let them drown in their own rubbish - they're just making it harder for themselves when Naruto and Sakura DO eventually kiss. I can see it coming like a big, yellow, 220+ ton truck.

EDIT: Oops, didn't realise there was one more page in this thread.

Geno, I agree about the style difference. I loved the first arc, since it was funny and light-hearted, even with its grisly and sad moments. I miss that "fresh" feeling. I do know that the Chuunin Exam onwards was meant to be serious, but the light-hearted moments got fewer and fewer.

Thankfully, they came back a bit in 245, 246 and 247. The timeskip definitely gave the series a freshness when it returned.

But, I think some of us might overemphasise the importance of the first part of Naruto (the Wave Country), since it was all fresh to us when we first started reading the series. It was all new, their first real mission, the first real bad guys (Mizuki doesn't qualify...). There is the danger of looking back with rose-tinted glasses and not really appreciating the newer chapters. There have always been holes, always been imperfections.

Edited by Smiter, 24 February 2005 - 09:03 PM.

#1206 sharingank

sharingank

Inner Kyuubi

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts
  • Interests:Uh...stuff. I like Naruto. Wow. What a surprise. Gaara, Kakashi, Neji, and Kankuro are the boys.

Posted 24 February 2005 - 08:54 PM

LMAO. XD I'd love to get behind the wheel of one of those and drive it through S/S and N/H bootcamp...*cackles insanely* We'd be eating pancakes for breakfast!!!!! XDDDDDDD

#1207 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 09:09 PM

We'd be prying NaruHinas and SasuSakus from between the treads, Ash-chan. wink.gif Like trying to get chewing gum off your shoes.

#1208 Geno Calamari

Geno Calamari

Doomsayer/Bartender

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 850 posts
  • Interests:Naruto. Temari. Neji. Yondaime. Itachi. Kiba. Tenten.<br />Spreading my Kishimoto-hate.

Posted 24 February 2005 - 09:33 PM

QUOTE (sharingank @ Feb 24 2005, 04:54 PM)
LMAO. XD I'd love to get behind the wheel of one of those and drive it through S/S and N/H bootcamp...*cackles insanely* We'd be eating pancakes for breakfast!!!!! XDDDDDDD

::whines::
Aw, NaruHinas for breakfast again? Why do we have to eat sub-humans again?
I am not the person to talk to if you like Shikamaru. I am not the author to read if you want to see more Shikamaru. End of Story.

I have fanart... kind of... so there, punks.

#1209 Soritia

Soritia

Uchiha Obito Obsessor

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,212 posts
  • Interests:This should be obvious...

Posted 24 February 2005 - 11:01 PM

QUOTE (Geno Calamari @ Feb 24 2005, 01:33 PM)
::whines::
Aw, NaruHinas for breakfast again? Why do we have to eat sub-humans again?

*whines* I knooooow. And they taste nasty! Everyone knows they're just full of crap! XD

(Besides I'm allergic) :X Can't we eat something healthier?

#1210 Guest_Aethos_*

Guest_Aethos_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 February 2005 - 11:13 PM

Yeah and the SasuSaku's are all moldy and foul smelling. Can't you guys get some LeeSaku's?

#1211 sharingank

sharingank

Inner Kyuubi

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts
  • Interests:Uh...stuff. I like Naruto. Wow. What a surprise. Gaara, Kakashi, Neji, and Kankuro are the boys.

Posted 24 February 2005 - 11:14 PM

But Lee/Saku isn't that heinous, though!

*sighs*

You people are SO demanding...XD

I'll go rustle up some Ino/Chou meat. How does that sound? XD

#1212 Guest_Aethos_*

Guest_Aethos_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 February 2005 - 11:51 PM

Oooh how about some KibaHina and SasuHina too?

#1213 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 11:57 PM

*gasps*

Aethos! The SasuHinas are our allies!

How can you even think about eating them!?

*shields Hinata-Chan from the hungry Aethos*

#1214 Guest_Aethos_*

Guest_Aethos_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 February 2005 - 12:00 AM

How can you question my methods? By eating Hinata-chan I will be infinately stronger than our adversaries so you should obviously allow me to eat her.

Ok ok I'm just kidding. So I won't eat the SasuHina's... but I can't eat the NejiHina's either.

How about the GaaraHina's? and the ShikaSaku's? and the GaaraSaku's? and the NejiSaku's?

#1215 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 25 February 2005 - 12:12 AM

Hmm... *rubs chin*

Aha! Not just the NejiSaku and GaaraSakus...

ItaSaku
ShikaSaku
NaruTsunade
OroTsunade *shudders*
ItaHina

...Are yaoi and yuri fans safe to eat? I think that Uchihacest is definitely right out. *pokes it with a stick*

But anyway... even with many NaruHinas and SasuSakus being very stubborn and not seeing the manga evidence piling up for NaruSaku, we ARE getting new fans all the time. happy.gif Heck, even some SasuSakus converted to NaruSaku when they saw Sasuke wasn't the guy they thought he was.

#1216 Blayze

Blayze

Godaime|Erokage-sama

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,015 posts

Posted 25 February 2005 - 12:14 AM

Let's fatten the food up. We'll set the NaruHinas, SasuSakus, etc on one another. We'll starve them so they'll HAVE to eat each other, and then we'll feast on a balanced diet of lies and evil.

#1217 Guest_Aethos_*

Guest_Aethos_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 February 2005 - 12:51 AM

Hey I sort of like NaruTsunade... somewhat... well at least that one lemon...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users