#1 Sedna

Sedna

Nostalgic

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts
  • Interests:Birds.

Posted 28 August 2014 - 04:51 PM

I noticed that it was impossible for users to delete their own threads. I think we should have the option to do so if we wish. Just a suggestion I came up with recently. Sorry if this has already been requested.

#2 ns.Believe.It

ns.Believe.It

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,320 posts
  • Interests:Coding, Long walks, Driving.
    Arsenal FC.

Posted 28 August 2014 - 04:59 PM

Deleting thread option huh? Yes, good idea!  dylanrivers10000 would be quite busy putting this option to use  :hehehe:

tumblr_mzzew0nSyr1t3jjq1o1_500.gif

'No matter what I do, I guess Happiness is a feeling that I'll never experience'

#3 Sedna

Sedna

Nostalgic

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 05:08 PM

Oh my gosh ^

#4 luffyq1

luffyq1

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,371 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 05:30 PM

Deleting thread option huh? Yes, good idea!  dylanrivers10000 would be quite busy putting this option to use  :hehehe:

Nah, he'd just create a thread about which thread he should delete.

Untitled_zpsbc671263.png

#5 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 05:42 PM

Guys. If you keep picking on members here I will start throwing warnings/bans at you all. I understand he was a little kid and probably didn't understand what he was doing, but that doesn't mean you can pick on him.

I will bring this idea up with my team (if they haven't already started without me).

Left Hand to the Future Pirate King

Vinsmoke "Black Leg" Sanji

2XtVwF6.png

#6 Sedna

Sedna

Nostalgic

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 05:43 PM

@FoolishYoungling I appreciate it very much.

#7 BlazingDynamo

BlazingDynamo

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,304 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku playing video games watching Pokemon XY talking to other NS fans

Posted 28 August 2014 - 05:57 PM

Guys. If you keep picking on members here I will start throwing warnings/bans at you all. I understand he was a little kid and probably didn't understand what he was doing, but that doesn't mean you can pick on him.

I will bring this idea up with my team (if they haven't already started without me).

I'm so sowwy :sad: :cry: :sweatdrop:

#8 Dalton.T.R

Dalton.T.R

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 08:13 PM

...I get the feeling you looked up something I posted in the Mod Q&A thread because I asked the exact same thing yesterday...

IDEA STEALER! CODE RED GUYS!

Edited by Night Hawk, 28 August 2014 - 08:14 PM.

#9 Sedna

Sedna

Nostalgic

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 09:12 PM

...I get the feeling you looked up something I posted in the Mod Q&A thread because I asked the exact same thing yesterday...

IDEA STEALER! CODE RED GUYS!

Haha no, I don't even look at the q&a thread.

#10 Dalton.T.R

Dalton.T.R

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 11:51 PM

Haha no, I don't even look at the q&a thread.

Meh. A couple thousand other people on the site, someone's BOUND to ask the same question, I guess.

#11 Win-chan

Win-chan

Eternal NaruSaku Warrior

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Interests:Music, Piano, Violin, Composing, Writing, Reading, Enneagram, Psychology, Ancient History

Favorite anime/manga: Naruto, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Death Note

Favorite TV shows: Supernatural and Sherlock

Favorite ships: NARUSAKU!, MinaKushi, ShikaTema, IchiRuki, MustangxHawkeye, SayaxHaji

Favorite Naruto characters (in no particular order): Naruto, Kakashi, Yamato, Shikamaru, Sakura, Minato, Deidara, Gaara

Posted 29 August 2014 - 06:19 AM

Yeah, I think it's a good idea to be able to delete threads. Especially if you realize you wrote something wrong in the title, or if you realize there's another thread of the same content. It would also help reduce clutter.

SHINACHIKU

tumblr_inline_ngnhtp3KQk1sy20ab.jpg

The strong-willed, intelligent and powerful yet loving, tender, and sensitive heartthrob of Konoha.

#12 natalieuciha

natalieuciha

Special Jounin

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 796 posts
  • Interests:ugh
    i'll just gonna say that im gonna be forever anti SS/NH/SK

Posted 30 August 2014 - 03:45 PM

i think mods should be the ones who need to delete the threads...every naruto site has this policy

simply locking them is not enough when we have some thread spammers on this site..if they are locked and unnecesary on the site ,the mods should throw them to the garbage where they belong

#13 Kyaerai

Kyaerai

My faith in humanity.

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 10:32 PM

I hope we'll get the option to do so, it'll be really convenient :)
WqQwzgf.gif

#14 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 31 August 2014 - 02:17 PM

I think it'd give people too much power honestly. They can rule over the thread and delete it at their own will lol. Can be go good but lots of ways it could go wrong.

This!

I feel like if someone literally has a problem with a thread they will simply delete it without actually giving a reason why.

8c5a9c63d23baf4e9d077bf65597592bb55115a2

#15 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 03:07 PM

Sorry we cannot give you the ability to delete your own threads. We talked it over amongst our staff, but we see too many problems can come out of it. Some of our members listed a few of those reasons above. We'll be more than happy to answer anymore questions you may have here in the Council Hall.

Left Hand to the Future Pirate King

Vinsmoke "Black Leg" Sanji

2XtVwF6.png

#16 Sedna

Sedna

Nostalgic

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 03:53 PM

Sorry we cannot give you the ability to delete your own threads. We talked it over amongst our staff, but we see too many problems can come out of it. Some of our members listed a few of those reasons above. We'll be more than happy to answer anymore questions you may have here in the Council Hall.

Well I appreciate the effort, thanks!

#17 starlitestarbrite

starlitestarbrite

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 07:25 PM

there's a delete function where you can delete a post. I've used it before. it only works every once in a while when I try to use it lol.

Edited by starlitestarbrite, 01 September 2014 - 07:26 PM.

#18 Kyaerai

Kyaerai

My faith in humanity.

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 02:23 AM

Dang, I really wanted the option to lol. Threatening to delete your own threads, I don't understand how that can become a problem XD

WqQwzgf.gif

#19 KnS

KnS

感じの作家

• ANBU
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Writing

Posted 04 September 2014 - 06:53 AM

Threatening to delete your own threads, I don't understand how that can become a problem XD

Well, imagine someone creates a thread and expounds on their opinion about something.  That opinion generates posts by others, but they don't necessarily agree with the original poster.  So the original poster decides to just delete the thread and erase everything, taking away the right of other posters to continue the discussion because the original poster was unhappy with the results or their thread's direction.

The possibility that things like that could -- and likely would -- happen is an example of how it can become a problem.

#20 Kyaerai

Kyaerai

My faith in humanity.

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 11:59 AM

Well, imagine someone creates a thread and expounds on their opinion about something.  That opinion generates posts by others, but they don't necessarily agree with the original poster.  So the original poster decides to just delete the thread and erase everything, taking away the right of other posters to continue the discussion because the original poster was unhappy with the results or their thread's direction.

The possibility that things like that could -- and likely would -- happen is an example of how it can become a problem.

Ah, I see... that definitely could become a problem... but is it possible that if a user wants to delete a thread they could ask permission from a mod first who could approve it and then delete it themselves? That way we could reduce clutter on the site by deleting useless/pointless threads while still avoiding the above problem? :sweat:

Edited by Raikidori, 04 September 2014 - 12:57 PM.

WqQwzgf.gif

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users