3333 replies to this topic

#2121 Frankie

Frankie

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 28 April 2018 - 07:00 PM

Third time this movie is being redone, and Chapter 700 has yet to be animated as far as I know.

#2122 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 28 April 2018 - 08:09 PM

you'd kinda wonder if the movie was the only story arc of Brat-o that was of any worth :zaru: With how many times they rehashed it 

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#2123 Frankie

Frankie

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 28 April 2018 - 09:22 PM

you'd kinda wonder if the movie was the only story arc of Brat-o that was of any worth :zaru: With how many times they rehashed it 

I gave the movie a positive response in the movie thread back in 2015 or 2016 I think. It's not a good movie, but compared to the other Naruto movies I said it was Top 5, probably Number 3 below Road to Ninja and Inheritors of the Will of Fire. On it's own without any prior knowledge of the series, it is enjoyable with good animation and some pretty dope fight scenes (Naruto and Sasuke vs. Momoshiki is gorgeous).

That being said, it does seem like it's the only story they're willing to put forth with every other Boruto related arc/story/whatever being stuff that takes place before. It goes to show that it's definitely supposed to be the end of the Naruto Franchise as a whole, but they're desperate to keep milking it.

#2124 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 29 April 2018 - 02:39 AM

I gave the movie a positive response in the movie thread back in 2015 or 2016 I think. It's not a good movie, but compared to the other Naruto movies I said it was Top 5, probably Number 3 below Road to Ninja and Inheritors of the Will of Fire. On it's own without any prior knowledge of the series, it is enjoyable with good animation and some pretty dope fight scenes (Naruto and Sasuke vs. Momoshiki is gorgeous).

That being said, it does seem like it's the only story they're willing to put forth with every other Boruto related arc/story/whatever being stuff that takes place before. It goes to show that it's definitely supposed to be the end of the Naruto Franchise as a whole, but they're desperate to keep milking it.

My favorite part of the Boruto movie was that you got to see how truly terrible Sasuke and Sakura's marriage was. They were in one scene together and it was just them like 10 feet apart looking off into the distance. It didn't look intimate AT ALL.

#2125 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,544 posts

Posted 29 April 2018 - 02:40 AM

You'd kinda wonder if the movie was the only story arc of Brat-o that was of any worth.  With how many times they rehashed it 

That may actually be the case. Remember the only thing Kishimoto has even given this kid for a story -outside of he is gifted for fluff- is; he hates his father for neglecting his family. So a story that focuses and resolves that issue is required to show since Boruto really didn't have anything else for years. Even the manga has only given him a "Sasuke," a new Akatsuki, and a tattoo that connects him to both, but is still on the first arc of that. So, the anime can't use it especially since he get it after the end of the chunin exam.

#2126 KClaws_2

KClaws_2

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 29 April 2018 - 07:40 PM

Funny thing is despite me hating SS, I think Sarada is the only decent part of Boruto. She would also be WAY more interesting if she was Karin's daughter and therefore an Uzumaki. So you have that inner clashing.

I'm kind of the same way, I did enjoy seeing that brief interaction with Naruto and Sarada. He's actually treating her like his own child. There was definitely potential to use Sarada as a means to bring Naruto and Sakura together, but of course they will never allow that to happen.

I guess it is good that these people are finally seeing the light, but I wonder if it is a "too little too late" kind of thing. Plus, they would never say that it was all because of Hinata and how he was forced to be with her. "We can;t diminish NH as a pairing in any way, but we can diminish Naruto as a bad husband and father."

Although, I have to wonder what does it mean that even the radical NH fans are starting to wake up from the nightmare that is the Naruto fandom. How bad has Boruto gotten where even the radical fans can no longer make excuses for him or Sasuke or anything else of that matter?

Forgive me, but this is one thing I never got. In what way is Salad more interesting or is she decent? I just see the same drama ver and over again with the only change being how short Salad's outfit gets or how slutty she looks from time to time. She seems like a petty child trying to rebel against her parents only to come off as a brat herself.

Maybe I am just not seeing it or maybe I just know that eventually they are just going to ruin her like they ruined every other female...if they havent done it already.

Definitely too late. They're too deep into this storyline and very few are willing to come out to point out that this series is a cash grab. Fewer still willing to admit their pairings are responsible.

So they are trying to extend a movie they did...three years ago? Into a half a year -at least- arc.

It's the only story of the new era Kishimoto worked on. After that...what's next? If they animate something, and the fans don't like it, they'll dismiss it as "non-canon" and they won't sell anymore.

As I keep saying: This series is on life support and likely to be cancelled by the end of this year.

Given how much filler SP was able to get away with, I doubt it. But if the manga has finally introduced Nawakii, once the manga ends, I don't think they'll have much left to work with.

My favorite part of the Boruto movie was that you got to see how truly terrible Sasuke and Sakura's marriage was. They were in one scene together and it was just them like 10 feet apart looking off into the distance. It didn't look intimate AT ALL.

People need to read Naruto Gaiden to understand how crap their "relationship" is.

#2127 RulesofNature

RulesofNature

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 30 April 2018 - 12:00 AM

I watch a lot of Kamen Rider and one of my biggest hangups with the franchise is when the movies play a role in the actual series. Sometimes it's okay, like "this weapon from the movie is going to be quickly referenced and used in show," but there are very bad examples of this. Like KR Specter going on about how he hates his father in the TV show, setting up his arc in the KR Ghost movie, but then at the end of the show he talks about following in his father's footsteps with no context if you hadn't seen the movie. Den-O was even worse for this, with it's main movie being set up in the actual show, and the events of the movie lead to negative consequences and eventually a powerup. It's movie was essentially a mini-arc of the show's story (,,,and come to think of it, when this problem really began).

So, I get why they'd adapt Boruto the Movie once again for the TV show. The show has been built on the idea of Boruto and Naruto's relationship being strained, and the movie is when it begins to get better. It's not like one of those throwaway adventures the other movies have, it's an essential part of the story.

But in a way, this also devalues much of the show as well. The movie was already done, and the 50+ episodes people have sat through up until now have just been it's prequel. It's fluff meant to build up a story people already know the ending to. It makes the TV series, essentially, one longass filler arc.

iSP2FNe.png

Just making your day a little brighter.

#2128 Yyubie

Yyubie

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 30 April 2018 - 12:20 AM

That may actually be the case. Remember the only thing Kishimoto has even given this kid for a story -outside of he is gifted for fluff- is; he hates his father for neglecting his family. So a story that focuses and resolves that issue is required to show since Boruto really didn't have anything else for years. Even the manga has only given him a "Sasuke," a new Akatsuki, and a tattoo that connects him to both, but is still on the first arc of that. So, the anime can't use it especially since he get it after the end of the chunin exam.

Maybe they going to make the anime like ... stand alone? not adapting the boruto manga? and the studio just going to make their own story?, i mean at this point already 50-60 episode but still haven't reach the manga , in my opinion that's embarrassing.

tumblr_nexjjgShiv1rz4qnxo1_500.gif
An out of control man needs a strong woman to control him.
And even a violent woman will become soft and tender to the man she love.

#2129 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 30 April 2018 - 12:51 AM

I watch a lot of Kamen Rider and one of my biggest hangups with the franchise is when the movies play a role in the actual series. Sometimes it's okay, like "this weapon from the movie is going to be quickly referenced and used in show," but there are very bad examples of this. Like KR Specter going on about how he hates his father in the TV show, setting up his arc in the KR Ghost movie, but then at the end of the show he talks about following in his father's footsteps with no context if you hadn't seen the movie. Den-O was even worse for this, with it's main movie being set up in the actual show, and the events of the movie lead to negative consequences and eventually a powerup. It's movie was essentially a mini-arc of the show's story (,,,and come to think of it, when this problem really began).

So, I get why they'd adapt Boruto the Movie once again for the TV show. The show has been built on the idea of Boruto and Naruto's relationship being strained, and the movie is when it begins to get better. It's not like one of those throwaway adventures the other movies have, it's an essential part of the story.

But in a way, this also devalues much of the show as well. The movie was already done, and the 50+ episodes people have sat through up until now have just been it's prequel. It's fluff meant to build up a story people already know the ending to. It makes the TV series, essentially, one longass filler arc.

What is your favorite Kamen rider?

I think it Will be better if burito doesn't focus on strain relationship between burito and his dad. I know that eventually everything is gonna be okay and sunshine but a character like Naruto should not have that strain relationship when relationship is the vocal point of the character.

Burito should focus on advanture in ninja world than conflict with interdimensional alien.

#2130 RulesofNature

RulesofNature

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 30 April 2018 - 01:14 AM

What is your favorite Kamen rider?

Agito is my favorite series, but my favorite Riders are Kuuga, Fourze and Build. Really like Sento's insufferable genius.

iSP2FNe.png

Just making your day a little brighter.

#2131 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 30 April 2018 - 02:48 AM

Agito is my favorite series, but my favorite Riders are Kuuga, Fourze and Build. Really like Sento's insufferable genius.

Yeah build is awesome eventough i don't watch it.

I think Kamen rider should have more than 1 season. It would help creative team.

#2132 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,544 posts

Posted 30 April 2018 - 07:39 AM

This just shows the poor planning...really no planning that has gone into Boruto. Because of how they decided to go about telling the story they have had to show the same story three times already, not counting side stories and filler arcs that cover the plot points in the chunin exam. The movie has already told this story first while adding in apparently a lot of kitten-eroticism to appeal to the SNS fans from what I understand. But since the story it tells is a crucial point to Bolt's character (really resolving his story.) They are left with a choice when they try to continue it start before it and rehash it, or start after it. The manga made the worst choice of starting at it and then going scene for scene; taking up ten month rehashing the movie. Which put the anime in an awkward position. Since it decided that it was going to start before it to give the manga more time. Again since the manga decided to rehash the chunin exam this means when the anime reached this point this may be the third time viewers have seen this story. Having added scenes to "expand" or "fix" plot point isn't going to remove that feeling.

Maybe they going to make the anime like ... stand alone? not adapting the boruto manga? and the studio just going to make their own story?, i mean at this point already 50-60 episode but still haven't reach the manga , in my opinion that's embarrassing.

No. No. And. No. Those 50 episodes were stalling to give the manga enough time to start the story after the chunin exam. That's why they brought in Nail in the first episode like the manga did for the first manga; if he was in the first chapter flash-forward then he must be important to the manga future plot. The filler eye they gave Bolt in the first arc of the anime was them trying to explain Bolt's byakugan in the flash-forward. They fully intended to follow the manga.  The 50 episode, and even the huge amount of filler at the end of Naruto was all to stall to give the three clowns time to get a head start in the story. They probably didn't expect the three clowns were going to waste time rehashing the chunin exams. Therefor wasting ten months of time, and then wasting another 5 months with a story any other manga would have done in a single chapter. But that beside the point.

#2133 KClaws_2

KClaws_2

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 30 April 2018 - 09:52 AM

This really is one of the most awkward anime adaptations I've seen. Instead of adapting the story, they go right into their own fillers. And then the manga takes things from their fillers (Sumire) making things even more confusing. I have to ask: What's the plan? What communication is there between the anime and manga staff? Somehow, SOMETHING'S going to implode.

On top of that, Boruto is one of the laziest next-gen sequels I've seen. To the manga's credit, it may have given us something a bit original by having an arc centered around technology, but unfortunately they haven't shown us anything outside of other works of fiction we haven't seen already (especially the light sabers. Seriously, WHY!?). They're taking this new generation crap too literally, where every character gets a kid (including Kisame...SOMEHOW) that's essentially their double for all intents and purposes. Plus, if the theme of Naruto was supposed to be "History repeats itself." then what's the point of watching!? WE KNOW WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN. Boruto bonds with teammates, gets a wandering teacher, Mitsuki betrays the group (though how no one sees it coming will amaze me), Boruto and Sarada get stronger, fight Nawakii and his own Akatsuki, Konohamaru is a terrible teacher, the Ootsuki are now what the Uchiha was in the previous generation and have a very good reason they are the way they are (SARCASM).

Oh, and Boruto doesn't get with Sarada, despite a long history of hints and development and promotion. He has to go back to the moon to rescue Sumire.

Or maybe he goes to the sun instead. I guess if ninja can fly to the moon at will and breathe on it, they can survive the fires of the sun as well and only come out like they've been in a tanning salon.

If there are two series I'm aware of that work as next-gen sequels, I'd pick Batman Beyond and Legend of Korra. With Batman Beyond, they gave Bruce Wayne a tragic end as Batman, a similar but different superhero origin for Terry, and while his rogues had similarities to the OG Batman's (Inque=Clayface, Blight=Joker, Big Time=Two-Face, Spellbinder=Scarecrow/Mad Hatter, etc), they were their own unique characters. The staff said they purposely avoided repeating the same characters from Bruce's generation, and when they did appear, they were changed in a way that made sense to their previous arcs.

On top of that, when it was revealed that Terry was in fact Bruce's son, they didn't pull off some BS romantic side-story that would suggest Bruce abandoned his own kid or had an affair with his mother, they treated that revelation with dignity to point out that Terry was his own person, no matter his biological father.

With Korra, they made her the exact opposite of Aang. Instead of going through her learning the four elements around the world, they took her right to Republic City, a result of the Fire Nation's colonization. Instead of having her fight an evil empire the entire series, she was given a new challenge and theme with each season that tied in well to TLA without ripping it off. 

I acknowledge these two series are not perfect, but credit should be given to both for taking care to be different from their predecessors instead of ripping them off in the fashion Boruto does.  

#2134 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 30 April 2018 - 08:00 PM

To some people, it might be more of picking the lesser of two evils to tolerate. Id damn sure prefer Sarada over Boruto anyday, anytime. But Saradas an interesting character because, not only is she not annoying unlike the latter, but shes a collected individual. Thats why I enjoy her. I dont think shes a brat, because unlike Boruto who has it much better yet still complains, Sarada rarer than rarely sees her dad, and had a crisis of whether or not Sakura was her real mother. If I did think she was, those factors alone would have me let it slide.

Meh. Big problem didn't they solve this problem at the end of Gaiden? Wasn't she content then or was that a red herring too? After a while, when does apathy play a role? When do the characters just...stop caring? I can see them having regrets, but after a while they should be like "kitten it. I am better off without them." It happens. Oh, but then you lose the idea of "family," right? Or some BS like that.

So outside of the family drama, which got me bored since Gaiden, what else makes her interesting? She is getting powers unlocked for her like Bolt is, she is a powerhax like usual, and still reharshes on the same drama points like Bolt is. More collected? Well, the only answer I have for that is because she is not the main character. In Gaiden, she was not collected at all. She went from being confused, to upset, to angry, to acceptance only to go back and revolve around the same issues. To me, she is exactly like Bolt in almost every way with the only difference is she is not pushed to the forefront and overdramatized as Bolt is.

If we want a more collected character than I much rather prefer Gaara over Salad who has been through more crucial family drama, was actually seen as a monster, had real issues, and eventually solved said issues never letting the past hold him down. Here all I see is Salad and Bolt saying "I want a daddy." Once Gaara knew his mother loved him, regardless of what his father felt, he was set for life and never once pined for Daddy's attention. Here Salad and Bolt have parents who love them and give them attention and yet they still are brats about it.

So...compared to that....yeah....that's how I see it.

"It's just that I'm so agitated, because this blond little kitten strolled into my room, destroyed my 70" plasma-screen TV, and is trying to impress me like I'm his alcoholic father! Be a sport and grab daddy another beer, would you?"
-Alucard Hellsing Abridged.

I swear, Naruto could have said this line in Boruto by now.

This really is one of the most awkward anime adaptations I've seen. Instead of adapting the story, they go right into their own fillers. And then the manga takes things from their fillers (Sumire) making things even more confusing. I have to ask: What's the plan? What communication is there between the anime and manga staff? Somehow, SOMETHING'S going to implode.

Not only is this happening in Boruto, but it is happening in Dragonball Super as well. You don't know what is canon and what isn't anymore and worse still when the creators don't tell you.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 30 April 2018 - 08:08 PM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#2135 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,544 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 03:04 PM

I'm kind of getting sick of getting new about the latest Boruto episodes. All the new episodes are a rehash of a movie from 3 years ago. Why does anyone need to report anything like it new; when all the stuff happened three years ago?

#2136 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 09:09 PM

Yeah, well who's actually watching it truthfully? It's just a boring rehash of Naruto with a "why doesn't my daddy love me?" brat instead this time around, so it's still be sh-------------it even if they were following the manga. :zaru:

#2137 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 05 May 2018 - 10:50 PM

I have nothing to say about them redoing the bolt movie.
Show of hands who think Kratos is a better father than Naruto and sasuke especially after the recent game that came out.
How quick would the last have been if thanos showed up and destoryed the moon cause ya he can do with three stones in the gauntlet.

#2138 Frankie

Frankie

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 06 May 2018 - 05:26 PM

Show of hands who think Kratos is a better father than Naruto and sasuke especially after the recent game that came out.
How quick would the last have been if thanos showed up and destoryed the moon cause ya he can do with three stones in the gauntlet.

"Boy!" - Best Meme of 2018.

#2139 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 06 May 2018 - 06:23 PM

Of course he is a better father by default of him actually SHOWING INTEREST AND CONCERN over his son, and he is no neglectful deadbeat. Yes, he is harsh and his emotionally distant attitude threatens to steer Atreus to be the same person as he was, but Kratos is an overall good father and practically a saint of fatherhood compared to these dip kittens that can't even be called fathers :superior: Hell, even even in God of War 1 - God of War: Ascension, he was shown to be a" family man" despite being a total bloodthirsty warmonger and a-hole in general

Edited by Phantom_999, 06 May 2018 - 06:33 PM.

#2140 Yyubie

Yyubie

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 06 May 2018 - 09:40 PM

tumblr_ouaincSBcd1r2hy3ro2_540.gif

:ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

tumblr_nexjjgShiv1rz4qnxo1_500.gif
An out of control man needs a strong woman to control him.
And even a violent woman will become soft and tender to the man she love.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users