#102 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 07:26 PM

QUOTE (Rocket @ Jan 12 2012, 01:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
FHDFGKFDGJHL OMG 8DDDDDDDDDD a_spaz.gif a_spaz.gif a_spaz.gif I just totally spazzed there, I'm such a fangirl x) sorry about that.

Ahem, anyways. Whoa. I knew that this Zelda Wiki existed. I knew there was a shipping article. What I didn't know is that the Skyward Sword section was added and would be that damn long. Wow. I'm actually quite surprised, seeing as SS shipping section on Zeldapedia is pfft, only a paragraph long. Even the shipping section for Spirit Tracks is longer on Zeldapedia. But this one... oh my gosh. Just, wow. eager.gif

Anyways, time to read. wow.png

/ten minutes later

... okay I'm back. Anyways, yeah. I'm just... really surprised. I read the shipping section over on Zeldapedia [which is on Zelda's article, not a separate page] and they actually go into more detail about the Zelink moments in games where there aren't as many hints. Look at Ocarina of Time for example. On Zelda Wiki the only cutscene that's been acknowledged as a "romantic" moment is the ending. But look what Zeldapedia's got:

Ironic how Zeldapedia's only got a paragraph about SS moments, while Zelda Wiki's got a whole section that's almost 800 words [yes I actually did a word count]. Anyways, I love how they go into so much detail about the smallest moments in Skyward Sword, because then when someone goes back and watches it, the little moments become straight out obvious. happy.gif

Ahh, you're right, Zeldapedia does have more on a lot of the games. Especially, OOT. Maybe they just only include obvious romantic stuff? Ha ha, it's probably just a bunch of people like me editing that site, who don't notice romantic development taking place unless its right in their face. tongue.gif

It's kind of interesting how that page claims that Link/Zelda, Link/Malon, and Link/Midna are the three biggest pairings in the Zelda fandom. Link/Malon seems pretty random to me. I don't even remember her acting romantic around Link. Link/Midna I can understand a little better, but I'd think Linkilia would be a little more popular. I guess people must not have found that pairing very interesting or something.

That... is for you to find out when you finish the game. tongue.gif

But now I know why Link hates Ganondorf or whatever. Every time he's about to get his moment with Zelda, some evil force in whatever form always manages to kitten block him somehow. Poor Link sad.gif

AHAH! Now I have renewed vigor to complete this game.

And yes, Ghirahim, Ganondorf, Vaati, etc. are the ultimate kitten-blocks. They need to be taken down for that reason alone. hm.png

LOL, I saw that ages ago. tongue.gif I posted it on the other Zelda thread long before the game was released, and I went on about how the game was gonna be one hell of a high school drama. laugh.gif

Ahh, dang, I must have missed it. sweatdrop.gif I figured it came out a while ago, since it's not even shown in the Zelda Folder in the eShop anymore. I had to look up "Zelda romance" in the search bar to find it.
I'm kind of surprised they even released that though. It's hard to claim you're leaving the ending up to individual interpretation after releasing "romance trailers". pictureem0.gif

QUOTE (Dragunov @ Jan 12 2012, 01:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wanna play Skyward Sword, but I have no Wii, so I guess imma have to pass

What?!?! No Wii!

Just kidding. tongue.gif

But seriously, if you want to play Skyward Sword, I highly recommend getting one. They're not terribly expensive now, I think you could get the system alone for $150 (I'm not 100% sure about that though, since I got mine as a gift, and it hasn't broken down yet). Heck, just Skyward Sword, Super Mario Galaxy, and the Metroid Prime Trilogy alone make it worth the purchase. There's plenty of other games I'd recommend, but I don't really know your preference; I just doubt you'd be disappointed by those three. happy.gif

Then again, I'm a pretty big Nintendork, so my opinion probably doesn't amount to much. If you game a lot, you'd probably be dissapointed, since the Wii only gets a few great games a year. But man, those few games really blow everything else out of the water. I love mine, simply because I work full-time, and don't really game too much, so 4 or 5 good titles a year is all I really need. I've had some good times on the 360, but I haven't played a game on that system that made me fanboy on the same level I do for Zelda and Fire Emblem (seriously, I'm 6' 3", 200 lbs, but I squealed like a little girl when Ike made his reappearance in Radiant Dawn sweat.gif ). It's been a while since I've even turned the Xbox on. I was playing Skyrim right before I got this game, and man, some of that game's glitches really stand out after playing something as gorgeous as Skyward Sword.

Anyways, I'm starting to rant, but I'd highly recommend getting a Wii if you want to play this game. You won't regret it. happy.gif

Edited by Boom...Winning, 12 January 2012 - 07:33 PM.

tumblr_ndajpwG2zQ1qitrvro1_500.gif

#103 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:48 PM

So... Shanai-chan Have you finished Hero mode yet? (though I hear there is nothing extra) Didn't start my hero mode yet though we will when we find time smile.gif and Thanks for the shipping page on zeldawiki.org boom cool.gif I knew about the site just never found that particular page happy.gif

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#104 Rocket

Rocket

Nohrian scum

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Interests:roses are red, dark clouds are grey.... the rumour come out: does jumin han is gay?

Posted 13 January 2012 - 04:10 AM

QUOTE (Boom...Winning @ Jan 13 2012, 06:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ahh, you're right, Zeldapedia does have more on a lot of the games. Especially, OOT. Maybe they just only include obvious romantic stuff? Ha ha, it's probably just a bunch of people like me editing that site, who don't notice romantic development taking place unless its right in their face. tongue.gif

It's kind of interesting how that page claims that Link/Zelda, Link/Malon, and Link/Midna are the three biggest pairings in the Zelda fandom. Link/Malon seems pretty random to me. I don't even remember her acting romantic around Link. Link/Midna I can understand a little better, but I'd think Linkilia would be a little more popular. I guess people must not have found that pairing very interesting or something.

Oh I see. Fair enough then. I guess I'm probably one of those fans who can pick up little romantic hints a little easier than others since I've been a Zelink fan for quite a long time. happy.gif

Anyways, I think the reason why Link X Ilia isn't among the biggest pairings is because a lot of Zelda fans greatly dislike her character. Which is understandable, considering that she's taken Epona away somewhere without Link's permission twice [the second time she was being all smart-ass about it]. Then she tells Link off over Epona's small leg injury and says that he needs to change his attitude. I'm sorry, but I think she is the one who needs to change her attitude. Some people don't like her simply because of how she looks [she does look a bit weird, and I just noticed that she doesn't wear shoes]. But the main reason I don't like her is because of her personality and whatnot.

Plus, I think their relationship kind of made the game a bit cheesy laugh.gif [the part where she regains all of her memory]

AHAH! Now I have renewed vigor to complete this game.

And yes, Ghirahim, Ganondorf, Vaati, etc. are the ultimate kitten-blocks. They need to be taken down for that reason alone. hm.png

Ghirahim isn't just a kitten blocker.
Skip to 1:27 to save time. --Click here to view--

Ahh, dang, I must have missed it. sweatdrop.gif I figured it came out a while ago, since it's not even shown in the Zelda Folder in the eShop anymore. I had to look up "Zelda romance" in the search bar to find it.
I'm kind of surprised they even released that though. It's hard to claim you're leaving the ending up to individual interpretation after releasing "romance trailers". pictureem0.gif

Actually... it'd only make sense that Nintendo would leave the ending, certain cutscenes or whatever up to player interpretation.

Dirty-minded Zelda fans do exist. fu.png

/shot

What?!?! No Wii!

Just kidding. tongue.gif

111189.gif

QUOTE (Phantom_999 @ Jan 13 2012, 09:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So... Shanai-chan Have you finished Hero mode yet? (though I hear there is nothing extra) Didn't start my hero mode yet though we will when we find time smile.gif and Thanks for the shipping page on zeldawiki.org boom cool.gif I knew about the site just never found that particular page happy.gif

I haven't actually. I'm still completing some of the gratitude quests and upgrading all my gear on my old file. But I'm up to the Earth Temple in Hero Mode.

JA2DBzd.png

#105 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 12:37 AM

Huzzah! I just beat the fifth dungeon! At least I think it was the fifth, there were like 4 mini-dungeons before the Sandship level.

I like how they broke out of that typical magic-temple thing Zelda dungeons usually have. Twilight Princess did it too, but playing on a pirate ship was just awesome! And the mini-boss and boss were just epic. I think I liked the Ancient Cistern boss a little more, but that Monsters Inc.-looking thing was really fun to fight. I enjoyed the whole pre-boss sequence too. You could really feel the gravity shifting as you run up the ship.

Now, time to upgrade my new bow and quiver. No way I'm gonna let Zelda see me with this wooden piece of crap and only 20 arrows. She deserves better than that. sleep.gif

LOL, I'm playing so vicariously right now. tongue.gif

Edited by Boom...Winning, 16 January 2012 - 12:40 AM.

#106 Rocket

Rocket

Nohrian scum

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Interests:roses are red, dark clouds are grey.... the rumour come out: does jumin han is gay?

Posted 16 January 2012 - 01:19 AM

QUOTE (Boom...Winning @ Jan 16 2012, 11:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I like how they broke out of that typical magic-temple thing Zelda dungeons usually have. Twilight Princess did it too, but playing on a pirate ship was just awesome! And the mini-boss and boss were just epic. I think I liked the Ancient Cistern boss a little more, but that Monsters Inc.-looking thing was really fun to fight. I enjoyed the whole pre-boss sequence too. You could really feel the gravity shifting as you run up the ship.

That whole dungeon was actually pretty tricky for me. I had no idea that you had to bow down that little boat on the side so I was practically stuck in the dungeon for like four hours after LOL. Plus the whole timeshift thing was just so confusing. laugh.gif

The pre-boss sequence was fun, but oh my gosh. I. HATE. TENTALUS. THAT WAS SERIOUSLY THE MOST ANNOYING BOSS IN THE GAME.

Then again I guess it's because I have some kind of hatred towards tentacle enemies or whatever.

Now, time to upgrade my new bow and quiver. No way I'm gonna let Zelda see me with this wooden piece of crap and only 20 arrows. She deserves better than that. sleep.gif

Made me choke on Skittles.

A winner is you.

JA2DBzd.png

#107 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 03:23 AM

QUOTE (Rocket @ Jan 15 2012, 07:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That whole dungeon was actually pretty tricky for me. I had no idea that you had to bow down that little boat on the side so I was practically stuck in the dungeon for like four hours after LOL. Plus the whole timeshift thing was just so confusing. laugh.gif

Yeah, the last couple dungeons I've played have actually been pretty challenging. I guess I don't really mind it though, since I'm an absolute nut when it comes to puzzles. pictureem0.gif I actually played the Oracle games like 7 times when I was a kid, since I loved the puzzle-oriented dungeons.

The only Zelda game that really confounded me puzzle-wise was Spirit Tracks. I just found that Tower of Spirits to be ridiculously challenging for me in the end. I love a challenge, but some of later floors really got close to crossing the line from 'fun-challenging' to 'actually turning the DS off and taking notes to try to figure out a way forward-challenging'. But that might be because I stink at multi-tasking puzzles, and having to control both Link and Zelda was different than I'm used to in these games.

The pre-boss sequence was fun, but oh my gosh. I. HATE. TENTALUS. THAT WAS SERIOUSLY THE MOST ANNOYING BOSS IN THE GAME.

Then again I guess it's because I have some kind of hatred towards tentacle enemies or whatever.

Bad experience with a tentacle monster in the past? I'm sorry. Don't worry, senpai, I won't force you to talk about it till you're ready. sad.gif

Joking aside, the tentacle attack was really annoying, but I was so into the fight I just trucked through. There were a few times I would blow off three tentacles at once with my Getsuga Tenshou Skyward Strike. Bwa ha ha! pictureem0.gif

Edited by Boom...Winning, 16 January 2012 - 03:24 AM.

#108 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 10:19 PM

Hmm starting a second file. will have to play hero mode on a long holiday like march break. cool.gif

#109 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 06:09 AM

@Rocket: I think I just saw that scene you told me about weeks ago (the 3rd reunion with Zelda).

Wow...you were right. Link looked like he was gonna go nuts, and Zelda looked like she was about to cry. This is officially the most emotional Zelda game I've ever played. shamefulcry0js.gif

Edited by Boom...Winning, 21 January 2012 - 06:10 AM.

#110 Rocket

Rocket

Nohrian scum

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 06:21 AM

QUOTE (Boom...Winning @ Jan 21 2012, 05:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
@Rocket: I think I just saw that scene you told me about weeks ago (the 3rd reunion with Zelda).

Wow...you were right. Link looked like he was gonna go nuts, and Zelda looked like she was about to cry. This is officially the most emotional Zelda game I've ever played. shamefulcry0js.gif

I PROMISE.

That was the only option you could pick. You'd be heartless to pick anything else.

shamefulcry0js.gif

JA2DBzd.png

#111 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 07:19 AM

pinch.gif Oops.
I think I picked "Of course!". I think I was hoping to see Zelda's face light up at Link breaking the somber mood. Either that, or I'm unwittingly pretending Link just lacks social grace or something. It makes sense I guess, since I accidentally gave all the positive answers in that Peatrice side-quest, and the only way that ending could possibly make sense is if Link is just ridiculously oblivious.
I'm guessing her reaction doesn't change no matter what you say though. I feel like the look she gave Link would have worked just as well for "I will" or "I promise". Though I'd definitely say "I promise" fits the mood the best. happy.gif

Gaah, I can't wait till the next Zelink reunion! wow.png

Edited by Boom...Winning, 21 January 2012 - 07:19 AM.

#112 Dragunov

Dragunov

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts
  • Interests:lol git

Posted 21 January 2012 - 07:25 AM

I need to get a Wii

#113 Rocket

Rocket

Nohrian scum

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 07:34 AM

QUOTE (Boom...Winning @ Jan 21 2012, 06:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
pinch.gif Oops.
I think I picked "Of course!". I think I was hoping to see Zelda's face light up at Link breaking the somber mood. Either that, or I'm unwittingly pretending Link just lacks social grace or something. It makes sense I guess, since I accidentally gave all the positive answers in that Peatrice side-quest, and the only way that ending could possibly make sense is if Link is just ridiculously oblivious.
I'm guessing her reaction doesn't change no matter what you say though. I feel like the look she gave Link would have worked just as well for "I will" or "I promise". Though I'd definitely say "I promise" fits the mood the best. happy.gif

Gaah, I can't wait till the next Zelink reunion! wow.png

... why ...

... WHYYYYYYYYY?!? arg.gif arg.gif arg.gif arg.gif arg.gif arg.gif

QUOTE (Dragunov @ Jan 21 2012, 06:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I need to get a Wii

Yes you do. It's worth it now.

JA2DBzd.png

#114 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 07:42 AM

QUOTE (Rocket @ Jan 21 2012, 01:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
... why ...

... WHYYYYYYYYY?!? arg.gif arg.gif arg.gif arg.gif arg.gif arg.gif

shamefulcry0js.gif

*runs away to begin a journey of atonement*

QUOTE (Dragunov @ Jan 21 2012, 01:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I need to get a Wii

#115 Rocket

Rocket

Nohrian scum

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 07:48 AM

QUOTE (Boom...Winning @ Jan 21 2012, 06:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
shamefulcry0js.gif

*runs away to begin a journey of atonement*

Awwhh sorry man sad.gif I'm just... you know... shamefulcry0js.gif

Here, have some kawaii Zelda fanservice:
And some genderbent Sheik too happy.gif

JA2DBzd.png

#116 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 09:14 PM

*returns from journey of atonement as an older wiser man*

QUOTE (Rocket @ Jan 21 2012, 01:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Awwhh sorry man sad.gif I'm just... you know... shamefulcry0js.gif

It's alright. Me and sad scenes don't go well together, so I probably picked the most cheerful response just to try to break the mood. I think I had my cursor on "I promise", and I just picked "Of course!" out of curiousity. happy.gif

Here, have some kawaii Zelda fanservice:

121721.gif

Link, you lucky bastard...

#117 Rocket

Rocket

Nohrian scum

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 02:22 AM

QUOTE (Boom...Winning @ Jan 23 2012, 08:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
*returns from journey of atonement as an older wiser man*

I hereby dub you... the official Kikwi Jesus.

121721.gif

Link, you lucky bastard...

<3

Anyways, you know that Hero's Shade/OoT Link theory I told you about ages ago?

Yeah, that. This is probably old news but I only found out now that Hyrule Historia has pretty much confirmed that they're one and the same. Found and reblogged on my tumblr.

JA2DBzd.png

#118 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 03:08 AM

hmm, They are try TOO HARD to link the games together if it comes to that mellow.gif

#119 Rocket

Rocket

Nohrian scum

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 03:17 AM

Fanboyservice in demand. That is all.

JA2DBzd.png

#120 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 03:46 AM

QUOTE (Rocket @ Jan 22 2012, 08:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anyways, you know that Hero's Shade/OoT Link theory I told you about ages ago?

Yeah, that. This is probably old news but I only found out now that Hyrule Historia has pretty much confirmed that they're one and the same. Found and reblogged on my tumblr.

Wow, so this was officially confirmed? I thought it was interesting how Twilight Princess was placed in the Child Link timeline. There really wasn't any reason to place TP in that timeline other than trying to make a connection between OOT Link and TP Link (since OOT Link presumably spent the rest of his life in that timeline). A possible blood relation makes the Hero's Shade idea plausible too. Interesting stuff.

Thanks for the link, Senpai! happy.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users