Close
Photo

The Great Naruto Discussion Thread

naruto wtf discuss

• Please log in to reply
31567 replies to this topic

#28761 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 09 June 2020 - 10:53 PM

Then you got such fans like SP making entire extra omake endings of episodes around her saying, "Naruto-kun!".

Yeah, while crapping all over Sakura just because they like so many Hinata fanatics see her as a threat and cant handle that Sakura has better chemistry and a better connection to Naruto than their supposed Princess does.

#28762 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,492 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 10 June 2020 - 12:29 AM

Yeah, while crapping all over Sakura just because they like so many Hinata fanatics see her as a threat and cant handle that Sakura has better chemistry and a better connection to Naruto than their supposed Princess does.

You know if I could go back in time I would take over Kishimoto body and kill Hinata off in her fight with Neji. BOOM problem solved.

#28763 thelordofspace72

thelordofspace72

Light Paladin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 10 June 2020 - 08:36 AM

Or we can just replace Hinata with any random character from the Hyuga clan. It'd be better.

#28764 Moon_Girl

Moon_Girl

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • Interests:OTPs:
    NaruSaku - Naruto x Sakura (Naruto Series)
    Het Chrobin - Chrom x Robin♀ (Fire Emblem Awakening)
    Clerith - Cloud x Aerith (Final Fantasy VII Series)
    Demelith - Demetri x Byleth♀ (Fire Emblem Three Houses/Hopes)
    Phantom/Erik x Christine (Phantom of the Opera)
    Jintan x Menma (AnoHana)
    ZeLink - Link x Zelda (Legend of Zelda Series)

Posted 10 June 2020 - 09:49 AM

That is an exaggeration admittedly. But here are my thoughts. Truth be told Hinata is not useless more than she is irrelevant. you see many of the females in Naruto if not all of them besides her have a motivation to fight other than revolving around their love interest. Even Sakura and Ino can find the motivation to fight for someone else (each other especially). You can sum up Hinata's motivations very easily. "I must impress N-Naruto-kun! No-one can take my Naruto-kun away! I must prove I can fight alongside Naruto-kun!. NOTHING ELSE MATTERS!!!!"

NOTHING, and I mean NOTHING could even kick start this girl's engines and get her to fight seriously about anything, if it is not her "N-Naruto-kun-gasms". Not her cousin dying, not her sister being blind and getting said sister's stolen eyes back, not to improve the dogmatic stigma between the main family and the branch family of her clan. Nothing but when wanting to get the attention of her idol or him being threatened to be taken away from her gives her cause to take action over anything. She's not useless, she is completely one dimensional and BORING. her character, for the one hundred billionth time can be summarized as, "N-Naruto-kun!!" AND NEVER has such a boring one dimensional character received the over-hype, praise and sympathy that she has. That is what infuriates me more than anything. Not this character, Hinata Hyuga, but the stupid, obsessive, brain-dead fan base she has gained for doing nothing but blush and stutter "N-Naruto-kun!"

They'll never admit it, but 99% of her crazy fans are either weebs who love nothing but moeblobs and couldn't care less about personality. OR they encountered Naruto as a child and grew attached to her for whatever reason. A lot of people could ""relate to her"" and wanted to root for her. Some sob as fk story like that.
If you can ""relate"" to a character that has literally nothing going for them but their shallow crush, then that's really REALLY sad. Especially when they go so far for her. It's as if they're as flat of a person as she is.
There are characters I can relate to and don't care about. Heck, there's some characters I hate that I share traits with. 
But you know. I have more self respect than to threaten other people's lives over the used tissue that is Hinata. I guess not everyone has the ability to identify a horrible character when they see one.

NaruSaku will always be better than crack and fan fiction

#28765 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 10 June 2020 - 01:29 PM

They'll never admit it, but 99% of her crazy fans are either weebs who love nothing but moeblobs and couldn't care less about personality. OR they encountered Naruto as a child and grew attached to her for whatever reason. A lot of people could ""relate to her"" and wanted to root for her. Some sob as fk story like that.
If you can ""relate"" to a character that has literally nothing going for them but their shallow crush, then that's really REALLY sad. Especially when they go so far for her. It's as if they're as flat of a person as she is.
There are characters I can relate to and don't care about. Heck, there's some characters I hate that I share traits with. 
But you know. I have more self respect than to threaten other people's lives over the used tissue that is Hinata. I guess not everyone has the ability to identify a horrible character when they see one.

Pretty much. In fact, for some her having a personality would have been detrimental because it means traits that may not fit into their image of a perfect girlfriend*. For others, it was the wish that she would become this great character they always wanted her to be, which never happened because Kishimoto had no interest in her; all she had was her love of Naruto so that what they obsessed over.

"Relatability of a character," has been an obsession in recent years to the detriment of writing. Writers have been throwing away focus on telling a good story because they think making their characters relatable is more important, some very vocal viewers are obsessed with finding characters that have the same surface level traits they do, and both groups have led to the problem in western media today.

*Look at the anime one of the few traits they did give her was she could pack away more ramen than Naruto. In other words, she will never be bored or disgusted by your favorite food. The other trait I can recall being she is a great cook.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 15 June 2020 - 08:05 AM.

#28766 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 10 June 2020 - 04:48 PM

When Sakura did that the director even said Sakura would never say that showing how dumb they are and Naruto saying hinata boosted the show just by saying his name this series blows ass I mean seriously.

#28767 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,492 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 10 June 2020 - 07:56 PM

Or we can just replace Hinata with any random character from the Hyuga clan. It'd be better.

Oh true but we could still do that after Neji kills Hinata it shows the readers Hinata meant nothing in the end just a plot point for Naruto and Neji's story, and if fans moan and kitten that she was killed, well tell them to shut up you only liked her for her boobs.

#28768 Illnevergiveup3

Illnevergiveup3

My Brittney-Chan. The girl I love with all my heart and always w

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts
  • Interests:winning the girl I love heart, making it to the NBA and taking care of my family.

Posted 10 June 2020 - 10:37 PM

If that were the case, she’s a one shot plot device. Like MANY characters Kishi has compiled over the years. And even other one shot plot devices showed more significance to Naruto personally. Example, Zabusa and Haku. Haku was a mirror of Naruto, being someone with out a purpose or meaning in his miserable life and was left on the streets to die until he was acknowledged by someone, as twisted as that relationship was on the surface. Then Naruto hammered it home by spelling it out for Zabusa that he and Haku formed a bond whether or not he appreciated or even wanted it, and that caused Zabusa’s first tears ever and had him bring down that mob boss before expiring. That had way more impact than Hinata’s shtick with wanting to impress the one boy she idolized only for her own self esteem issues, and Naruto only swore on her blood because Neji called her a loser that could not change her destiny or fate which Naruto took offence at. And even the after math was lack luster. You don’t see Hinata changing her self. You don’t see her becoming stronger or expanding her concerns to someone other than Naruto even after the fact. She remained that sole fan girl of Naruto. Nothing came out of it. I repeat. Nothing

we get comedic relief...

Superman_over_earth_500x400.jpg

I wish I could have the powers of Superman so I could save protect the world under God's will.

Always have the spirit and the guts to never ever give up no matter what.

#28769 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,492 posts

Posted 10 June 2020 - 11:39 PM

we get comedic relief...

I would still rather that Hinata have died then things might have gone a lot better, I mean true Kishi would still have a hard on for the Uchiha.

#28770 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 11 June 2020 - 02:28 PM

That is an exaggeration admittedly. But here are my thoughts. Truth be told Hinata is not useless more than she is irrelevant. you see many of the females in Naruto if not all of them besides her have a motivation to fight other than revolving around their love interest. Even Sakura and Ino can find the motivation to fight for someone else (each other especially). You can sum up Hinata's motivations very easily. "I must impress N-Naruto-kun! No-one can take my Naruto-kun away! I must prove I can fight alongside Naruto-kun!. NOTHING ELSE MATTERS!!!!"

NOTHING, and I mean NOTHING could even kick start this girl's engines and get her to fight seriously about anything, if it is not her "N-Naruto-kun-gasms". Not her cousin dying, not her sister being blind and getting said sister's stolen eyes back, not to improve the dogmatic stigma between the main family and the branch family of her clan. Nothing but when wanting to get the attention of her idol or him being threatened to be taken away from her gives her cause to take action over anything. She's not useless, she is completely one dimensional and BORING. her character, for the one hundred billionth time can be summarized as, "N-Naruto-kun!!" AND NEVER has such a boring one dimensional character received the over-hype, praise and sympathy that she has. That is what infuriates me more than anything. Not this character, Hinata Hyuga, but the stupid, obsessive, brain-dead fan base she has gained for doing nothing but blush and stutter "N-Naruto-kun!"

On the reverse, I notice people want to call Sakura useless for not doing anything at pinnacle points in the story, BUT forget that it was either Naruto's or Naruto's and Sasuke's fight to begin with. She is not supposed to solve the problem. If Sakura solved the problem, then what is the point of Naruto and Sasuke's role? That's why I feel them calling Sakura useless is pointless. What exactly did they expect her to do when it is supposed to be Naruto and Sasuke who has to succeed?

Okay, maybe they could have had more scenes of her providing more support in the beginning, but in later episodes, what exactly was she supposed to do to NOT make her seem useless? She was not supposed to bring Sasuke back, that is Narut's job. She was supposed to seal Kaguya, that was Naruto's and Sasuke's job. She was not supposed to fight Sasuke, that was Naruto's job.

It would be me saying like "Why didn't Hinata just karate chop Kaguya to death?" or "Why didn't Hinata just tell Sasuke to come home and save Naruto the trouble?"

Hell, "why didn't Hinata just straight up murder Pein and free Naruto?"

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#28771 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 11 June 2020 - 03:26 PM

And for THE VERY SAME IRONY and double standards Hinata is the greatest character ever written in the story for doing nothing. Her central arc out of all the support characters amounted to nothing where at least many other of the K11 grew and developed for theirs. EVERYONE BUT HER. But again she over hyped and praised for LACK OF ACTION etc. etc.

And for the double standards of that BS of calling Sakura useless, last I checked, Shikamaru Kiba, Choji, Neji, and co. were not involved in the central fight either (Madara and Kaguya). What do you call them? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Naruto also side lined the ENTIRE cast for his "spicy yaoi tango" with Sasuke, yet NO ONE is complaining about any one of them except for Sakura

There are so many standards for Sakura that the only thing that I can actually be grateful for these nut cases is that we never run out of material to discuss here at least. :lmao:

Edited by Phantom_999, 11 June 2020 - 05:27 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#28772 thelordofspace72

thelordofspace72

Light Paladin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 11 June 2020 - 06:29 PM

hinata fans are the worst of all, no matter how much hinata continues to do somthing stupid, useless and pathetic they will continue to praise it. I don't know what their problem is with Sakura, if it was Sakura who was fighting pain Instead of Hinata, they would have said useless sakura, these people need treatment for their stupidity.

At least Sakura saved Naruto’s life many times and the lives of many characters and ninjas, what Hinata did and was useful, hhmmm let me remember, nothing really comes to my mind.

Edited by thelordofspace72, 11 June 2020 - 06:31 PM.

#28773 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 12 June 2020 - 03:51 AM

hinata fans are the worst of all, no matter how much hinata continues to do somthing stupid, useless and pathetic they will continue to praise it. I don't know what their problem is with Sakura, if it was Sakura who was fighting pain Instead of Hinata, they would have said useless sakura, these people need treatment for their stupidity.

At least Sakura saved Naruto’s life many times and the lives of many characters and ninjas, what Hinata did and was useful, hhmmm let me remember, nothing really comes to my mind.

Plus Sakura has had faith in Naruto even when others didn't, and when he's been in difficult situations,e ven if the ending basically had hinted she only was like that just so he'd get Sasuke back for her. XP But I ignore that because of it being a stupid ass thing.

#28774 Moon_Girl

Moon_Girl

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • Interests:OTPs:
    NaruSaku - Naruto x Sakura (Naruto Series)
    Het Chrobin - Chrom x Robin♀ (Fire Emblem Awakening)
    Clerith - Cloud x Aerith (Final Fantasy VII Series)
    Demelith - Demetri x Byleth♀ (Fire Emblem Three Houses/Hopes)
    Phantom/Erik x Christine (Phantom of the Opera)
    Jintan x Menma (AnoHana)
    ZeLink - Link x Zelda (Legend of Zelda Series)

Posted 12 June 2020 - 06:17 AM

I know what it is. It's because, mostly she was a threat to their precious NH ship. Naruto loved her through the entire manga and Sakura was showing some interest in Naruto. They weren't even on the map until Hinata's stupid confession. At that time, you could even argue that Hinata didn't have romantic feelings for Naruto; just that she idolized him so much and her being shy is why it was so extreme.

It's an extension of Sakura being a threat to their crap ship, but many never grew up. They could never get past the fact that Sakura used to be an immature brat that picked on Naruto. Even well into part 2, they would cling onto that for dear life. Alongside the fact that you know, she smacked him around. (Which was VERY rare in the canon manga compared to the filler anime) That doesn't help either. The fact that most of them were anime only fans. They didn't care for the manga or bother with it and thought the anime's filler (which obviously favored Hinata over Sakura most of the time) was as canon as the manga.
They refused to accept that Sakura had developed beautifully (until the ending of course) and cared about Naruto a ton. That she was no longer an immature brat. But they wanted her to still be one so they had an excuse as to why Hinata was better and why Naruto should move on to Hinata.
They clung so desperately to Sakura smacking him around as a reason why he should move on. 
"BECAUSE HINATATA IS SO MUCH NICER AND WOULD NEVER HIT NARUDO SUCKRA TREATS NARUDO SO BADLY OMFG"

I have heard this argument a million times. They didn't care if Naruto never minded Sakura doing that. It didn't change his feelings for her one bit. If anything, at the beginning of part 2, he hinted that he purposefully brought it upon himself. After Sakura punched the ground and it basically exploded, both scaring Kakashi and Naruto, Naruto thought to himself that he should "stop messing with her so much or she'd end up killing him with that strength."
And no, messing around =/= his feelings for her. They were still there, obviously as we were shown throughout part 2.

NaruSaku will always be better than crack and fan fiction

#28775 thelordofspace72

thelordofspace72

Light Paladin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 12 June 2020 - 09:03 AM

The only reason I think Hinata fans hate Sakura for is because they don't want to admit that Sakura is powerful and useful unlike their useless stupid waifu.

Edited by thelordofspace72, 13 June 2020 - 08:30 AM.

#28776 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 12 June 2020 - 11:28 AM

I would still rather that Hinata have died then things might have gone a lot better, I mean true Kishi would still have a hard on for the Uchiha.

even then that would still save us from the events of the last if hinata died early, though in my head I'd like to think hinata orchestrated those events to get hanabi capture by toneri so she would be sent on that mission to get with Naruto and made sure that genjustu worked on him.

On the reverse, I notice people want to call Sakura useless for not doing anything at pinnacle points in the story, BUT forget that it was either Naruto's or Naruto's and Sasuke's fight to begin with. She is not supposed to solve the problem. If Sakura solved the problem, then what is the point of Naruto and Sasuke's role? That's why I feel them calling Sakura useless is pointless. What exactly did they expect her to do when it is supposed to be Naruto and Sasuke who has to succeed?
Okay, maybe they could have had more scenes of her providing more support in the beginning, but in later episodes, what exactly was she supposed to do to NOT make her seem useless? She was not supposed to bring Sasuke back, that is Narut's job. She was supposed to seal Kaguya, that was Naruto's and Sasuke's job. She was not supposed to fight Sasuke, that was Naruto's job.
It would be me saying like "Why didn't Hinata just karate chop Kaguya to death?" or "Why didn't Hinata just tell Sasuke to come home and save Naruto the trouble?"
Hell, "why didn't Hinata just straight up murder Pein and free Naruto?"

Those are good points James yet ask any NH fan that and you won't get an answer.

#28777 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 12 June 2020 - 03:52 PM

The only reason I think Hinata fans hate Sakura for is because they don't want to admit that Sakura is powerful and useful unlike their stupid waifu.

They also saw her as a big threat to Hinata getting what she wanted, since they only cared about Hinata getting what she wanted, not even wanting Naruto to get what he wanted in the long run which shows how demented and twisted Hinata and even by extension NH fans are in terms of how they ruined this franchise really beyond repair!

#28778 ree

ree

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 12 June 2020 - 06:06 PM

They also saw her as a big threat to Hinata getting what she wanted, since they only cared about Hinata getting what she wanted, not even wanting Naruto to get what he wanted in the long run which shows how demented and twisted Hinata and even by extension NH fans are in terms of how they ruined this franchise really beyond repair!

So true, they have ruined Naruto completely just to have their ship nothing more and they don't realize that. They keep defending Boruto, arguing that is a good series, they don't even care that all the things Obito did don't have logic because Obito was the naruto of his generation so he didn't really loves Rin it's was just rivalry. It's really freaking out me. Personally if narusaku was canon, but it's destroy Naruto as Naruhina did, I would prefer it's didn't goes that way.

Edited by ree, 12 June 2020 - 06:07 PM.

#28779 thelordofspace72

thelordofspace72

Light Paladin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 12 June 2020 - 08:16 PM

Exactly, I watched videos of how specific fans of video games, movies, series and animation can completely destroy the franchise. To be honest with you, the same thing is with NH fans, these people have no logical explanation for their behavior. There are so many of that kind of audience everywhere who are not interested in the story or anything important. They are only interested in stupid things or characters whose importance does not exceed their importance as being secondary characters. This type of people should not be given any kind of attention.

Edited by thelordofspace72, 12 June 2020 - 08:26 PM.

#28780 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts

Posted 13 June 2020 - 02:26 AM

Again I asked what makes hinata so special that her happy is the biggest thing ever.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: naruto, wtf, discuss

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users