LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 29 October 2017 - 02:25 PM

I'm super late on this, but  it's finally complete, my review on Rwby Volume 4.. I know there are a couple things I missed out, but I managed to cover almost everything : 

My thoughts on Volume 5 Character Shorts and Episodes 1-3 will be up later this week. 

Edited by LuckyChi7, 29 October 2017 - 02:25 PM.

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#182 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 07:57 PM

For those that still haven't seen the first episodes of volume 5 here you go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVXb-VAdvto

Enjoy.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#183 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 04:35 PM

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#184 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 10:10 PM

https://anime2watch....me-5-episode-5/

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#185 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 13 November 2017 - 12:57 AM

Will we got raven and yang seeing each other which was cool now if we get ruby meeting raven that'd be awesome.

#186 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 12:12 PM

Will we got raven and yang seeing each other which was cool now if we get ruby meeting raven that'd be awesome.

Honestly I was disappointed with the Yang/Raven meeting. This is the same person who abandoned her when she was a newborn and didn't gave an explanation why she left. And she still didn't explain kitten during the reunion episode. I was hoping Yang would get kitten with her and lashed out insulting her but none of that. And this is Yang Xiao Long we're talking about so I highly doubt she was holding her anger inside because she NEVER does that. Therefore I doubt she's angry with Blake leaving (Bumblebee fans are giving me a headache expecting some cheesy angts romance, it's really annoying). 

Also I am sick of the shippers in the RWBY franchise it has gotten so toxic. I hate youtube because of the comments god one BB fan in particular I can't stand keeps bringing up Yang's gay when there's STILL NO evidence she is till this day. I hate that they are desperate waiting for the Yang/Blake reunion to happen because they actually think they're going to kiss (they must be Naruto fans mainly NH fans). SPOILER ALERT Weiss and Yang finally reunited and it was as emotional as I thought. Weiss hugged her, cried telling her "she missed her so much" Yang returned the hug saying the same thing. And NOW they're saying Freezerburn is canon seriously WTF. I know people can ship and they have a right to do it but come on. Apparently girls CAN'T hug without thinking they're in love. Again I hate that interview where Monty Oum said he wanted to add queer characters in the show, because of that statement we have Bumblebee fans who's ship has become so damn toxic I can't stand it. 

True I don't ship gay pairings but it has gotten out of hand. Not to mention said fans of the BB ship ignore the obvious hints. Now I don't support the Black Sun pairing (Blake/Sun). But they have given enough hints and quite obvious at that to tell us that Blake likes Sun and NOT Yang. SPOILER ALERT again from volume 5 chapter 5. There's a part Blake's smiles fondly at Sun and he gave her a flirting look which she kept her smiling. Her smile" was unique" it reminded me of the smile Sakura would give to Naruto. Even with that obvious hint that the producers and writers are going with the Black Sun path BB fans deny it. 

I'm sorry I might be over reacting but I am so sick of shipping in RWBY. I love this series so much way MORE than Naruto before Kishimoto kittened up the series. I fear the shippers don't take over the series and the story doesn't get kitten up for the sake of making their fav ships canon. Though I believe in Miles Luna and Kerry Shawcross since they don't focus on ships but they have given obvious hints of such. 

Edited by Gravenimage, 13 November 2017 - 02:30 PM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#187 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 13 November 2017 - 01:28 PM

Honestly I was disappointed with the Yang/Raven meeting. This is the same person who abandoned her when she was a newborn and didn't gave an explanation why she left. And she still didn't explain kitten during the reunion episode. I was hoping Yang would get kitten with her and lashed out insulting her but none of that. And this is Yang Xiao Long we're talking about so I highly doubt she was holding her her anger inside because she NEVER does that. Therefore I doubt she's angry with Blake leaving (Bumblebee fans are giving me a headache expecting some cheesy angts romance, it's really annoying). 

Also I am sick of the shippers in the RWBY franchise it has gotten so toxic. I hate youtube because of the comments god one BB fan in particular I can't stand keeps bringing up Yang's gay when there's STILL NO evidence she is till this day. I hate that they are desperate waiting for the Yang/Blake reunion to happen because they actually think they're going to kiss (they must be Naruto fans mainly NH fans). SPOILER ALERT Weiss and Yang finally reunited and it was as emotional as I thought. Weiss hugged her, cried telling her "she missed her so much" Yang returned the hug saying the same thing. And NOW they're saying Freezerburn is canon seriously WTF. I know people can ship and they have a right to do it but come on. Apparently girls CAN'T hug without thinking they're in love. Again I hate that interview where Monty Oum said he wanted to add queer characters in the show, because of that statement we have Bumblebee fans who's ship has become so damn toxic I can't stand it. 

True I don't ship gay pairings but it has gotten out of hand. Not to mention said fans of the BB ship ignore the obvious hints. Now I don't support the Black Sun pairing (Blake/Sun). But they have given enough hints and quite obvious at that to tell us that Blake likes Sun and NOT Yang. SPOILER ALERT again from volume 5 chapter 5. There's a part Blake's smiles fondly at Sun and he gave her a flirting look which she kept her smiling. Her smile" was unique" it reminded me of the smile Sakura would give to Naruto. Even with that obvious hint that the producers and writers are going with the Black Sun path BB fans deny it. 

I'm sorry I might be over reacting but I am so sick of shipping in RWBY. I love this series so much way MORE than Naruto before Kishimoto kittened up the series. I fear the shippers don't take over the series and the story doesn't get kitten up for the sake of making their fav ships canon. Though I believe in Miles Luna and Kerry Shawcross since they don't focus on ships but they have given obvious hints of such.

Ya the reunion with raven and yang wasn't as epic as I though it but raven still has to take her to ruby so we get more.
I really don't care about ships in rwby cause the story and characters are good and keep me interested. Wonder what Oscar and Ruby ships are doing even though in hind sight it's creepy cause it's Oz in Oscar's body.
That's sad they think freezerburn is canon just off a hug Umm no if that's true then NS would have been canon back in the pain arc when she did to naruto.
Besides weiss doesn't seem like the type to fall for yang but white Rose shippers are freaking out about freezerburn seriously who votes up with these names mean Bumblebee I get but freezerburn that's dumb.

#188 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 02:33 PM

Ya the reunion with raven and yang wasn't as epic as I though it but raven still has to take her to ruby so we get more.
I really don't care about ships in rwby cause the story and characters are good and keep me interested. Wonder what Oscar and Ruby ships are doing even though in hind sight it's creepy cause it's Oz in Oscar's body.
That's sad they think freezerburn is canon just off a hug Umm no if that's true then NS would have been canon back in the pain arc when she did to naruto.
Besides weiss doesn't seem like the type to fall for yang but white Rose shippers are freaking out about freezerburn seriously who votes up with these names mean Bumblebee I get but freezerburn that's dumb.

The ships got those names because of the team names Ruby came up back in volume 2:

Bumblebee: Blake and Yang tag team move (although that is also the name of Yang's bike) 

Ice Flower: Ruby and Weiss tag team move. 

Lady Bug: Ruby and Blake tag team move. 

Checkmate: Blake and Weiss tag team move. 

The fans decided to use the tag team names to name their ships, pretty original right? :roll:

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#189 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 02:46 PM

The ships got those names because of the team names Ruby came up back in volume 2:

Bumblebee: Blake and Yang tag team move (although that is also the name of Yang's bike) 

Ice Flower: Ruby and Weiss tag team move. 

Lady Bug: Ruby and Blake tag team move. 

Checkmate: Blake and Weiss tag team move. 

The fans decided to use the tag team names to name their ships, pretty original right? :roll:

Though the ruby weiss ship was called white Rose?
Did yang ever call her bike that outside chibi?
Still hoping raven and adam show up in chibi. You been watching vol.5 so far it's good especially adam taking over the white fang. Hope illya and adam fights are good.
Illya voice is weird it's Bascially evil lucy from fairy tail not that it's bad it's just weird cause lucy voices doesn't seem like it's the serious.
Hope yang fights her mom and Blake fight adam and she takes over the white fang.

#190 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 09:24 PM

Though the ruby weiss ship was called white Rose?
Did yang ever call her bike that outside chibi?
Still hoping raven and adam show up in chibi. You been watching vol.5 so far it's good especially adam taking over the white fang. Hope illya and adam fights are good.
Illya voice is weird it's Bascially evil lucy from fairy tail not that it's bad it's just weird cause lucy voices doesn't seem like it's the serious.
Hope yang fights her mom and Blake fight adam and she takes over the white fang.

Well Ilia's VA is Cherami Leigh who is most known for voicing Lucy. Yang fighting Raven is unlikely though I wouldn't mind and pretty obvious Raven would win if she's as skilled as Adam. Yeah Blake fighting Adam that would be awesome for her character development I am looking forward to that. However chances are high that she will get help from Sun and probably Yang. Bumblebee fans think Blake and Yang are going to beat him together with the power of their love. :roll:

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#191 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 04:01 PM

volume 5 chapter 6

https://anime2watch....me-5-episode-6/

EDIT: the Ruby/Yang/Weiss reunion was beautiful though it wasn't as powerful as as the Weiss/Yang reunion.

Edited by Gravenimage, 21 November 2017 - 07:03 PM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#192 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 08:58 PM

Volume 5 chapter 7 

https://www.animepac...me-5/episode-07

All I can say that it's getting good. I can see Cinder vs Vernal. Fall Maiden vs Spring Maiden. 

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#193 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 09:56 PM

volume 5 chapter 8 

https://anime2watch....me-5-episode-8/

The first lgbt character has been revealed and it's Ilia she admits she likes Blake and she was jealous that she was together with Adam. 

Edited by Gravenimage, 08 December 2017 - 09:47 PM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#194 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 11:20 PM

volume 5 chapter 9

https://www.animepac...me-5/episode-09

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#195 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 02:15 AM

volume 5 chapter 8 

https://anime2watch....me-5-episode-8/

The first lgbt character has been revealed and it's Ilia she admits she likes Blake and she was jealous that she was together with Adam.

They are really pushing yuri couples.

#196 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 02:31 AM

Not really it was confirmed back in 2014 when they asked Monty Oum about gay and bisexual characters in the series and he replied" absolutely" he confirmed there were going to be such characters in the future of the show. So I wouldn't say they're pushing yuri couples just because Ilia likes Blake it doesn't mean they're going to get together. Blake was together with Adam so she's not gay while Bumblebee fans are saying she's bisexual (its the only hope they have for their ship to become canon). Honestly I could care less about the ships but I'm worried that they don't take it too far. The last thing I want is for RoosterTeeth to pull a Kishimoto sacrificed the story and the characters for the sake of making one stupid ship canon. 

Edited by Gravenimage, 10 December 2017 - 02:46 AM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#197 lupina

lupina

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 02:32 AM

It is so annoying. 

I expected Ilya to be torn because of her mission and her friendship with Blake, instead we got a silly "revenge" motive ... really? Come on.

Edited by lupina, 10 December 2017 - 02:35 AM.

"We live in a world that is so quick to convince us to ignore our feelings. Feeling stressed? Get a massage. Feeling angry? Go to the bar with your friends and blow off steam. Feeling lonely? Meet someone in cyberspace and have a conversation on the computer. Depressed? Take a pill. Anxiety? Take 2 pills. Feeling happy? Well, by George, don’t talk about that because no one likes a bragger. Same with being sad, no one likes a Debbie Downer. But, heaven FORBID, that you actually TALK about your feelings and process them in a healthy way."

- Amy Cassidy

#198 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 02:45 AM

It is so annoying. 

I expected Ilya to be torn because of her mission and her friendship with Blake, instead we got a silly "revenge" motive ... really? Come on.

Ilia's parents were killed in a mining accident in Atlas and the kids from the school she was in" snickered" when they found out about her parents. Proving once again how humans hate faunus so I don't blame her for choosing to stay with the White Fang and follow Adam. However she's wrong, ruling through fear will NOT remove hatred, it will only spread more hatred for the faunus. Blake has to convinced her she's taking the wrong path, she told Sun she will be there for her the same way he was there for her. She's not giving up on Ilia, I think she will be redeemed. But I wouldn't worry of the ships let the shippers tear each other apart. Let's just enjoy the story.

If you didn't knew about Ilia's parents you should watch Blake's character short.

Edited by Gravenimage, 10 December 2017 - 02:47 AM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#199 lupina

lupina

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 03:23 AM

From what I got from the last episode, Ilya was mainly driven to go through with the operation because she was hurt that Blake didn't return her (romantic) feelings and not because of her past.

"We live in a world that is so quick to convince us to ignore our feelings. Feeling stressed? Get a massage. Feeling angry? Go to the bar with your friends and blow off steam. Feeling lonely? Meet someone in cyberspace and have a conversation on the computer. Depressed? Take a pill. Anxiety? Take 2 pills. Feeling happy? Well, by George, don’t talk about that because no one likes a bragger. Same with being sad, no one likes a Debbie Downer. But, heaven FORBID, that you actually TALK about your feelings and process them in a healthy way."

- Amy Cassidy

#200 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 12:21 PM

Not really it was confirmed back in 2014 when they asked Monty Oum about gay and bisexual characters in the series and he replied" absolutely" he confirmed there were going to be such characters in the future of the show. So I wouldn't say they're pushing yuri couples just because Ilia likes Blake it doesn't mean they're going to get together. Blake was together with Adam so she's not gay while Bumblebee fans are saying she's bisexual (its the only hope they have for their ship to become canon). Honestly I could care less about the ships but I'm worried that they don't take it too far. The last thing I want is for RoosterTeeth to pull a Kishimoto sacrificed the story and the characters for the sake of making one stupid ship canon.

Ya I hope that doesn't happen either but to rwby credit it does have better development with its characters especially in the in the last chapter. Volume 5 is really good and with its characters. Especially in the chapter 8 with yang and weiss, I hope kali doesn't die I like her. So is ghira a bear faunus?

It is so annoying. 

I'm just waiting for the faunus to have the biggest I told you so moment since if Salem wins they are boned and Grimm walk the earth more. Also I love Ilya voice it's Bascially evil lucy from fairy tail.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users