#1 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 05:10 AM

Released!

Edited by Insurrection, 27 January 2011 - 05:10 AM.

#2 Evil Potato

Evil Potato

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 05:22 AM

Wow, thats alot to take in lol.

#3 Greed-Sama

Greed-Sama

The Last Man

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 05:41 AM

Wow!!! That's all there is to say.
75b28593-b271-4fcc-ab30-b8457d3f9708_zps

#4 sardns

sardns

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 07:12 AM

gaara vs his father ought to be interesting, and does anyone else think the second mizukage looks like some sort of lounge singer? idk maybe it's his hair and mustache tongue.gif

#5 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 10:15 AM

So Neji father is going to face his own brother, well that goes off to my prediction of him fighting Neji and Hinata. That's a lot of strategy, but it will most likely fail epicaly, principaly because the white zetsus don't seem to be destroyed by conventional attacks. But the ending was the best, it seems black Zetsu mission is... let me guess, assassinate the feudal lords? I don't suppose he can take them hostage with so many defenses, well that last part sure got me curious

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#6 naruto-z

naruto-z

The Dream Is Real

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 11:56 AM

Im a bit confused about what the expansion is

#7 Evil Potato

Evil Potato

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 12:27 PM

Kekkai Genkai is 2 elements mixed, like wind and water. Kekkai Genkai expansion, is three, which is what Tsuchikage has, therefore he has the unique Dust element which allows him to fly. ---- I think...

#8 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 12:37 PM

Great chapter.
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#9 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 01:53 PM

Well, well, well.... --Click here to view--
Kabutomaru is proving himself to be quite the villain. As I was reading, I was actually thinking that if Kabuto were really bad, he would take advantage of the fact that all the countries have all their militaries pooled together in one spot. Then he'd go to their homes/villages and take them over or destroy them, knocking the legs out from underneath the military. So, I was pleased to see some deviousness at the end.

I read something once about how Azula from Avatar (atla), was really a great and unusual villain in that she did what a real-life baddie would do — she used every opportunity she could. She shot at Aang during his big avatar power-up, while everyone else just stood and watched, in typical fictional villain fashion.

On another note, it's ironic that these are ninjas in a traditional, straightforward battle. Really. This should be all guerrilla warfare.

And the manga has turned to a strange mix of completely new characters vs. complete predictability. New people and weapons and techniques are being introduced on nearly every page now, yet, the pacing and set up with Kabuto is routine. No surprises there. We can expect the same wealth of new characters battling over old injustices for many, many more chapters to come.

It's big and interesting, maybe even epic at times, just wish there was more time given to crafty development. Before this section, there probably hasn't been a new character introduced in 100-200 chapters. Now we're averaging about four new ones in each one.

But I'll stop now. This is better than the utterly lifeless Sasuke moments. These villains are way worse than Sasuke ever thought about being. It's too bad we can't spend more time with them.

edited for post gremlins

Edited by tricksie, 27 January 2011 - 03:29 PM.

#10 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 02:07 PM

Whoa information overload. --Click here to view--
OK OK....so lets try and sort out all the information we got just now.

First we have all the four previous Kages on the battlefield, Two we know to be fathers of the current Kage, one the sensie of another, Now wonder if the Mizukage is related to Mei, who was not at the table I noticed, wonder if she's the one protectng the Daiymo's?

We got a crazy strategy from Senior Nara, which went over my head and will have to be read again atleast once more to make sense of.

And finally we have twins that have the Nine Tails Chakra? So are they the hosts before the First Hokages wife, (One with Ying and other with Yang) Did Kishi borrow from the Fillers again and they used Chakra that was just left behind in Kyuubi's wake or what exactly? Konoha's had the Kyuubi in their control for atleast 70 Years so I don't see how they can have it, unless they knew Kushina was the host and extracted the Kyuubi Chakra when she was kidnapped. I hope it gets explained atleast.

kitten's gonna hit some fans very soon, we've got The Hyuuga brothers, Dan and Tsunade, two parent and child, and two sensie and student meetings, and ofcourse the Nine-Tails Chakra twins.

On the completely different note, We are getting some crazy members from the past recently, hopefully the anime creaters use them and make some backstory's for them for the next round of fillers insteads of lame Naruto vs Ninja Ostrich.

Edited by harry4e, 27 January 2011 - 02:12 PM.

iAnby7W.gif

#11 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 27 January 2011 - 03:07 PM

The Silver and Gold twins were part of the group that killed Tobirama- so many, many years before Kushina was even born. My guess is something went on before the villages were founded with the still roaming free Kyuubi and them in the womb

Edited by ciardha, 27 January 2011 - 03:09 PM.

Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#12 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 03:35 PM

Nope, don't make any sense at all, ciardha.... how could that be possible when Mito was still alive??

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#13 Hak

Hak

Turmion kätilö

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 03:39 PM

QUOTE (alexander @ Jan 27 2011, 12:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So Neji father is going to face his own brother, well that goes off to my prediction of him fighting Neji and Hinata. That's a lot of strategy, but it will most likely fail epicaly, principaly because the white zetsus don't seem to be destroyed by conventional attacks. But the ending was the best, it seems black Zetsu mission is... let me guess, assassinate the feudal lords? I don't suppose he can take them hostage with so many defenses, well that last part sure got me curious

I think this is a good time for Naruto to show up and save all the feudal lords..

I liked the strategy, about similar grand plan defensive strategy you can read about battle of Suomussalmi and Raate road, where a force less than a full strenght division of Finns took out two FULL divs. of Soviet troops one after another! Good link about the Battle of Suomussalmi

I wonder what's the link between those two Kyuubi brothers have to Naruto, after all at the time Kyuubi has been already sealed inside of Uzumaki Mito. Maybe sons of previous Jinchuuriki?

What else were there, hmm. I'm not really looking forward to those re-pairings like Hiashi and Hizashi etc. those feel like something we've been already through. But those Kages fighting will be interesting, mostly I'm looking forward to Gaara and his father, not because of their bonds and all, but because I really want to see what Yondie Kazekage has to offer, he is after Gaara and Tsunade the newest appointed kage!

Trust me, I'm an engineer!

#14 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 03:46 PM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Jan 27 2011, 03:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The Silver and Gold twins were part of the group that killed Tobirama- so many, many years before Kushina was even born. My guess is something went on before the villages were founded with the still roaming free Kyuubi and them in the womb

So that makes it even more of a puzzle, and the Second Hokages dying in that battle makes more sense Didn't understand how even 20 Elite Ninja's could take down the second Hokage but if two Ninja's that had the Kyuubi Chakra inside them then it makes more sense.

They can't be the previous host, because they wouldn't have survived the extraction, so possible that it is similar to the Filler Episode and the Bijuu's Chakra was used.

Unless their mother was the previous host of the nine tailed beast. They have the same markings as Naruto, so they could have got it at birth, It would also explain where the Kyuubi was before Madara got his hands on it, and add fuel to the theory that even without the tailed beast Naruto would have been a Chakra powerhouse, and that he may survive the extraction if he has the Uzumaki and Kyuubi chakra already within him.

Edited by harry4e, 27 January 2011 - 03:48 PM.

iAnby7W.gif

#15 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 27 January 2011 - 03:58 PM

QUOTE (Codus N @ Jan 27 2011, 10:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nope, don't make any sense at all, ciardha.... how could that be possible when Mito was still alive??

Pre village founding- Clans that formed Kumo are allied, they fight the Kyuubi, capture a tail with it's chakra. An experiment is done with twins still in the womb, infusing bits of that chakra in them. The Silver and Gold twins.

a couple of years after Konoha founding- Hashirama and Mito fight Madara. Defeat him and Mito uses the Uzumaki clan sealing technique to become the first successful host to the Kyuubi.

Around 1 year before Hiruzen becomes the future Sanin sensei- Tobirama faces off against the Silver and Gold Twins and dies (likely killing them as well- as they weren't known to later generations of Konoha ninja)

Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#16 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 04:41 PM

I guess it seems to be similar to the Sora filler arc... if that's true, then Naruto has to show them who's the REAL DEAL!! I'm expecting a big beat-down on both of them.
@Hak: thanks a lot for the info. It was very informative!! a_thumbs.gif It makes me think Kishi has used past wars' strategies as reference. You can seriously see the amount of effort he put in this chapter. We're underestimating Kishi's intelligence, I think. Who knew that a guy who ended up second to dead-last in graduation would actually be able to understand complex strategies such as this???

Edited by Codus N, 27 January 2011 - 04:47 PM.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#17 Blazing CobaltX

Blazing CobaltX

Yuri Trainer on Fire

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts
  • Interests:Pokémon(OMFG, what am I doing here then?! ^^'), Phoenix Wright, Naruto(Ofc), and K-ON.

Other shizzle:
    Drawing(Which doesn't mean I'm good at it!), playing Pokémon(Ofc)(Which isn't possible anymore... TT_TT) and several other games, and some other things(Like watching anime, of course!).

Posted 27 January 2011 - 05:11 PM

Nice! wink.gif

So the expansion is three elements mixed. Hmm...

I think the next episode will be a family reunion. Can't wait!

Btw, I am the only one who wants Tsunade to know about Dan? sleep.gif

#18 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 07:26 PM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Jan 27 2011, 09:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That doesn't make any sense to me though, I don't remember the mention the Nidaime to them. Plus the headbands of the Kumo symbol remove the possibility of the pre-village state. Konoha was said to be the first village and adopted the leaf symbol and the uniforms are standard Kumo issue. Plus with the headdress you can't really see their hair. For all we know they could be a split of Uzumaki that sided with the Cloud during a war or something. Maybe a failed extraction attempt and that's how Minato saved Kushina, cause that would be neat. The Raikage and Kumo shinobi obviously knew of them as their own.

Edited by Insurrection, 27 January 2011 - 07:27 PM.

#19 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 27 January 2011 - 08:07 PM

Good chapter this week can't wait to see what happen's when Garra face's his father. I love how they describe there tactics and when the Raikage was like so that how the leafs never been taken down. Ya so cant wait till next week biggrin.gif

8c5a9c63d23baf4e9d077bf65597592bb55115a2

#20 Whirlpool-Maelstrom

Whirlpool-Maelstrom

Sometimes I get to poetic for my own good!

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Interests:Reading Fanfiction and video games(lately it's only being the former)

Posted 27 January 2011 - 08:53 PM

A lot of drama being set up for the next chapter with the father vs son fight. I just hope these battles that will be coming our way involve a lot of strategy, last chapter's fight was very good, so I'm hoping that Kishimoto keeps the standard.

Edited by Whirlpool-Maelstrom, 27 January 2011 - 08:53 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users