• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 02:35 PM

The trailer is finally out!

HOLY SHIIIIIIIITT

look at these kittenin gifs!

The hype is true guys...

Edited by Nar123, 07 March 2015 - 09:47 PM.

tumblr_obno1yoNj11suy1fso1_540.gif

:eager:  Persona 5 hype     :eager:

#2 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 02:46 PM

More information...

From the Persona 5 development team.

Good evening to you all. Persona Team’s Hashino here.

Today, we presented a video for the long-awaited game. So, how did you like it?

As I write this now, I’ve yet to find out how you guys reacted to it, so I’m honestly feeling a little nervous thinking about comments like “the next Persona is about a phantom thief lol” or “is that Lupin!?” and such, but I’m hoping there are some warm comments out there. Even if there was a just little part you liked from it, it would make me really happy.

For this game, we’re going with a challenge that fuses together a juvenile school setting that is as large as life, together with apicaresque romance. In the previous game, we wrote a story that involved having a justice group chase down a bad guy that could easily be feared by just about anyone.

This time, it’s about a group of high school students that are being “chased” by unexpected occurrences due to the justice they believe in. We’re writing [the story] to convey a thrilling everyday life in the shoes of these characters, that are as large as life, in this juvenile school setting.

We, the team, are working together as we advance through development so you can enjoy something with evolved graphics and sound, along with party members that are just a tad bit more ill-behaved than what you’ve been used to up until now.

We all have so many feelings that are going into this title. While this is a product by Atlus that is known for its individualistic side, some say that a strong personality can break away from common rules and models… so it can be seen as a nuisance as well.

However, the way we see a person’s character, it can spread to others for good or for bad, and it can even change the way another would think or behave… and that’s the potential power we see in it.

We may feel some sort of suffocation in this world today, but as long as the world is comprised of relationships among humans, it is a person’s character, or a group’s character, that will provide the ‘power’ to destroy that ‘feeling of entrapment’.

I’m hoping that this title will shape up into something that can embody such feelings, and something that will remain in your hearts.

In order to meet all of your expectations, even just a little, the development team staff are working hard, so I’d like to say thank you for your continued support! (I will take a peek at comments from you all on Twitter, blogs, and such!)

Katsura Hashino,
Persona 5 Director and Creative Producer.

#3 Gaara's hair

Gaara's hair

Pizza Man!!!

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,785 posts
  • Interests:Guilty Gear, Basketball, Futbol, and writing.

Posted 05 February 2015 - 05:03 PM

:wibble:  :wibble:  :wibble:

Yes! I must get it :argh:

#4 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 07:34 PM

Definitely on my to buy list. In the mean time, I will continue to get my ass handed to me on P4 Arena Ultimax. I can waste the computer (with Yukiko anyway, I'm pretty awful with some of the others I have tried), but on ranked matches. Well, at least I am not an 0-fer.

#5 Shadow1275

Shadow1275

Lone Wolf

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,613 posts
  • Interests:I have lots of hobbies..

Posted 05 February 2015 - 08:33 PM

Persona 4 was amazing. As for this game:

take-my-money.gif

He Who is Brave is Free-Seneca

^I have a lightsaber your argument is invalid^

"You may be called upon yet again to defend the glory of the Republic against the tyranny of the Dark Side. For this, is the destiny, of the Jedi..."

#6 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 12:01 AM

More news you guys

http://gematsu.com/2...mes-development

It’s been a while since we’ve heard anything new. How’s development coming along?

Hashino: Things are really coming along and we’re starting to hit our quality benchmarks in terms of what goes into the game, so at this stage, we’re hard at work building the game and fleshing it out. We’re just as eager to bring this game out finally so they can enjoy what all we’ve been working on and day by day, we’re getting closer to the finish line. It’s just going to be a little while longer now before it’s here.

During our last interview, I remember you talking about how you wanted this game to depict things like the cathartic feelings that come from freeing yourself of your own chains in life and being ale to yell out to the world you’re free. Now that we know more about the game, I’d like to ask you to elucidate about the themes of the game again.

Hashino: I don’t think it’s a stretch to say in this day and age that there are a lot of people out there who feel like they aren’t moving forward, that they have no future, and carry a lot of weight on their shoulders every day. They’re stuck between a rock and a hard place, emotionally speaking; on the one hand, they might not be keen on living by the same rules and values that defined previous generations, while still lacking the will to go out and actually break those barriers down themselves. That dark side of society is a central pillar to the game we want to make with Persona 5.

In the midst of all that, though, you got these high school punks who are trying to bite back at a world that’s trying to pin them down. If our game can give people a little courage to keep going in their day to day lives, to face things head on and do something with themselves, then we’ll have done our jobs here.

But the main characters… are they thieves!?

Hashino: It’s interesting you refer to them in that way specifically because one of the things that inspired us to make this question to begin with was how, say, a classic, iconic thief in the vein of Lupin III might win the hearts and minds of people in today’s day and age if they were out running around today. There have been a lot of books and films over the years that explored the sorts of lives that thieves live and how they’re able to shake up the world with what many would perceive to be sheer brazenness, but that’s not ground that’s very well covered in games and we intend to rectify that. We want our players to be able to empathize with these characters and enjoy seeing what they get themselves into and we’re giving it everything we’ve got to make sure that comes through loud and clear in the final game.

This game is gonna rock so much, these new protags aren't your typical good guys  :pimp:

#7 questdrivencollie

questdrivencollie

trainer of ninja hounds

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts
  • Interests:Art, music, anime & manga, animals, dog training & behavior

"If I stumble, take a tumble
    Go ahead serve me another
    And if I fall I’ll give it my all
    ‘Cause the fall is half the fight "

Posted 06 February 2015 - 12:27 AM

Ahhh, what a time to have no money.
tumblr_inline_nt19in1cWl1sat1vz_540_zpsd
"Don't ever turn me loose
Even when I turn my back"
~Relient K

#8 dejavu

dejavu

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 12:45 AM

My backlogs would have to stay put when i get a hold of this game. Wish it has a vita release too though. Welps ps3 it is.

#9 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 09:58 AM

Finally after 6 years of waiting. And constantly googling "persona 5" for news until its the most typed words in my entire life. Time to get a ps4. No definite release date though.

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#10 Shadow1275

Shadow1275

Lone Wolf

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,613 posts
  • Interests:I have lots of hobbies..

Posted 07 February 2015 - 06:52 AM

I wonder what the other partners will be? Or for that matter what kind of Mythology the main Personas will be based on. Persona 3 was Greco-Roman. 4 was Japanese Mythology. Hmmm

Also I hope Rise comes back as a cameo. She was in the second Trailer:

download_zpseiocsobm.jpgimages_zpsmxglsjri.jpg

"Sorry, I like mousse of onion.

But you can't take it god of my dream."

"Sorry, couldn't make the music longer

I cannot do them, cuz' I fight for you"

"Sorry, could you make the music louder?

I cannot get up because of my dream."

"Sorry, I'm putting the music louder.

Ah, what can I do, because I'm falling for you"

Love this song :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao: 

He Who is Brave is Free-Seneca

^I have a lightsaber your argument is invalid^

"You may be called upon yet again to defend the glory of the Republic against the tyranny of the Dark Side. For this, is the destiny, of the Jedi..."

#11 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 03:42 PM

I'm 99% sure its Egyptian. 

Take-your-heart.jpg?eaa32f

eye_of_horus_egyptian_logo.jpg

The teaser picture of the main character's persona looks like the eye of Horus. Not to mention it was flying with big wings in the trailer.

gxgajoca70rps9hqjl6a.jpg

And also having a cat mascot, where cats are sacred animals in Egypt. I'm more curious on how they would activate their personas. The last few seconds of the trailer wasn't clear enough. I think the masks would be key. NEED SECOND TRAILER NAOW.

Edited by Darth Krypt, 07 February 2015 - 03:45 PM.

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#12 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 03:57 PM

Here is the MC main Persona

persona-5-anuncio.jpg

Here's one with a better quality: https://pbs.twimg.co...AQl_c.jpg:large

It looks like some kind of f**cked up magician Izanagi...its awesome  :argh: !

I really don't think its Egyptian though. But hey any guess is a good guess right now

also in other news

http://www.dualshock...-final-fantasy/

LOL

Edited by Nar123, 07 February 2015 - 04:13 PM.

#13 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 06:39 PM

Check out the main character's persona. Turns out I was right about the winged creature being the MC persona. But its name is not Ra though. But still looks sick as fcuk.

Arsene.png

Edited by Darth Krypt, 20 February 2015 - 06:39 PM.

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#14 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 07:26 PM

Check out the main character's persona. Turns out I was right about the winged creature being the MC persona. But its name is not Ra though. But still looks sick as fcuk.

Arsene.png

Wow... awesome, where did you find the persona full body picture? 

Edited by Nar123, 20 February 2015 - 07:26 PM.

#15 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 04:43 AM

The persona wiki. http://megamitensei....om/wiki/Arsène

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#16 nikki1314

nikki1314

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 754 posts
  • Interests:NARUSAKU , FANFICS , NARUSAK.. oh ive said that.. MUSIC , Photography and NARUSAKU!

Posted 26 February 2015 - 10:32 AM

Finally a Blonde/Semi Blonde girl to Social Link with!  :D

In other news, THIS IS GREAT! As much as I like Yu Senpai and Rise Chan, i think we're all ready for a new protag and crew! :)

Mitsuru is still the best girl tho!

DId you see her in p4ARENA ultimax? <3 <3

haha :P

'

-Naruto ending gets released- 

Kishi: Honey, I’m home! 

His wife:

tumblr_inline_nw89a6rhAY1smwzjq_500.gif

#17 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 10:11 PM

NEWS

http://gematsu.com/2...ails-full-scans

Following our coverage from this week’s issue of Weekly Famitsu, a few additional Persona 5 details have come in via this week’s Dengeki PlayStation.

Find our summary of new information below. It’s worth noting that given these magazines work with publishers to issue this information, anytime the magazine “speculates” something, it’s likely just public relations speak in disguise.

• Protagonist - The article kicks off with the headline, “Steal back the future!” The protagonist gains his Persona after a certain incident unfolds and confronts a great darkness enveloping the city.
  • Story – The protagonist and friends attend Shujin Academy, a private high school. (The name is a play on the Japanese word for prisoner, shuujin.)
  • Setting - Gameplay predominantly takes place in Shibuya. As those who read Japanese may have already spotted in the trailer, the name is rendered in kanji on the sign during the subway station scene, making it plausible the game takes place in Tokyo proper. The atmosphere of the game will feature elements to give it the feeling of big city life, like packed train platforms full of commuters.
  • Awakening - The magazine “theorizes” that the scene with blue flames enveloping the protagonist in last week’s trailer is him awakening to his Persona and another side of himself that’s greatly different from his public demeanor. Blue flames are believed to turn into masks.
  • Lesson (Classes) - Student life alive and well, and calendar and weather systems also return.
  • Prisoner - The prison motif seen in the trailer is believed to be in relation to Picaresque Romance motif Hashino discussed earlier.
  • Hideout - Judging by appearance, it is likely that it’s the cafe the protagonist lives in.
  • Student by Day, Thief by Night - Nights are for dungeon crawling as cast puts on their masks, seemingly in search of a specific something to steal.
  • Sneak - As in Persona 3 and Persona 4, battles use a symbol encounter system, meaning you can see enemies on screen and engage in battle by colliding into them. Players can avoid enemy contact by sneaking around in order to proceed, though.
  • All-Out Attack - The gang-up footage in trailer is confirmed to be return of the All-Out Attack system. It likely still relies on exploiting enemy weaknesses to trigger.
  • Mask – Characters wear their masks during dungeon crawling, and they’re likely a key item story-wise during those segments, too.
  • Cooperation - The magazine speculates that the Cooperation menu option is the system replacing Social Links involving getting closer to allies.
  • Arsene - The protagonist’s Persona. It has black wings and red getup.
  • Sound - Shoji Meguro’s soundtrack is set to be acid jazz this time around.

So the protagonist lives in a coffee shop huh? Anteiku anyone? hahahaha sorry

http://www.siliconer...tting-dungeons/

+ The protagonist is a second-year high school student (the new kid in town, may or may not be a thief)
+ Social links are in (in some form)
+ Not all dungeons are randomly generated (but some probably are)
+ Starts in Shibuya, set in other Tokyo locations as well (Almost certainly a beach at some point)
+ Problems will be solved (but some probably won't be ... at least without a guide)

There will be beach episode  :pimp: , social links are still in! I was somehow a little afraid they didn't include this because there was no option in the menu

http://www.siliconer...nists-problems/

Speaking with Persona 5 producer and director Katsura Hashino, and character designer Shigenori Soejima, Famitsu have a few other details revealed in their report as well, starting with the game’s protagonist.

Soejima says that while the protagonist of Persona 5 may appear to be the quiet type from what we’ve seen of him so far, this is a ruse of some sort. Meanwhile, his Persona, Arsene, is meant to give off a more oldschool vibe, visually speaking. Arsene’s cape (wings?) is designed to convey the image of a thief that can go to places out of others’ reach.

Hashino reveals that the main character meets Anne and Ryuji, the other two characters in the trailer, at the start of the game. All three characters have problems of their own, although just what their problems are is not specified. It is hinted at in the Famitsu feature that both the protagonist and his friends have lost their homes.

Persona 5’s protagonist also runs into the cat character, Morgana, at the start of the game, and Morgana is said to play an important role in the story. It has the ability to transform.

Wow, interesting. I like where this is going! 

I hope there are more characters to play though

Also now we know the other main characters names: Anne, Ryuji, Morgana (the cat) 

Edited by Nar123, 07 March 2015 - 10:17 PM.

#18 rikakim94

rikakim94

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 06:22 PM

Is it just me but is the protagonist really handsome? :wub: 

#19 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 12:49 AM

Is it just me but is the protagonist really handsome? :wub:

I't's you :fu:

Kidding :D, he has swag indeed, just like all the other ones

#20 TheFlash

TheFlash

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 01:42 AM

The mc looks badass and so do the other characters. I've played P3 and 4 golden so I'm definitely getting this one.

tumblr_n45nt0asf91t4e7bbo2_400.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users