53 replies to this topic

#21 Inferno180

Inferno180

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 12:32 AM

Well I beat the story with my friends today and it's obviously not the end of the game since it's going to continue for a few years.

Once you hit 20 some neat stuff opens up. You no longer level up by exp. but by a value called light, you need higher gear to advance this and well achieve the next level. Generally blue gear gets you up, but you can get more light out of it by upgrading it. Weapons don't give light but they have more flexibility the higher their quality.

Guess one of the neatest things about the game is that unlike other RPGs or MMOs, no areas become irrelevant.

Any story misson and any strike mission can become a level 20 or higher difficultly like 22 and 24, raids start on the 16th with the need to be level 26.

This means like the Mars areas, the early earth missions can be at level 20 and higher too.

It may not be that big a game for now, but it has a lot of potential. Bungie has plans and they will come soon. Maybe even more areas upon the same worlds or other planets.

Also it takes a long time to max out the talent trees, so that's going to take a lot longer to fulfill beyond just getting to 20.

And believe me, you will be glad for that vault to share items between characters, I have an rare assault rifle I love to death right now, but it will be replaced later on, but for it's talents, it's perfect, it has a close range sight, a mid range, and a long range, good accuracy, 30 shots per clip, some specials include extra ammo with over penetration as one talent, faster grenade recharge in kill, and granting extra ammo if I recover from near death with nearly no ammo on it, and in boss fights, this has helped me a lot. This is a weapon I will save for future characters.

It's a good game to say the least, but more will come, this is only the start.

Edited by Inferno180, 13 September 2014 - 12:40 AM.

When people insult my OTP

Insulting a man’s ship, be worse than insulting his mother.

#22 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 12:39 AM

From what I heard, the best way to describe the game is like this (go to 3:20 and end at 5:00)

Or you can say Assassin's Creed of the new gen. That said I do have to play it but seeing this...Bungie...where did we go wrong? T_T

Edited by NaruSaku4Life3g, 13 September 2014 - 12:39 AM.

#23 Inferno180

Inferno180

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 01:04 AM

Well any game will do that overtime.

I'm just happy to have a good shooter with a good range of enemies to shoot.

People acting like this is all there is, well it's just started, it's a different shooter in that it's going to expand by more events, I mean one area, the reef, is going to expand with stuff from the queen there, the story available right now, is more like chapter 1 of a longer story still to come.

I mean it's something you tackle and then come back when it's updated.

I mean it's not the churned out crud that call of duty has become, and besides that, people will keep playing the pvp, even for the limits in pve, for any shorter, the competitive multiplayer keeps it self sustaining. Really I have not even touched it yet, but even I would enjoy it over thr same exact crap call of duty has become,

Even then I mean bungie didn't do everything right with halo, reach was a step down from 3, while it has some improvements it's sandbox was stripped down and some weapons like the needle rifle were absolutely useless in multiplayer, it was only good for campaign and firefight. Spartans had the better weapons, elites usually got screwed over. Forge and forge world were awesome but 3 was still their best game multiplayer wise, 2 was their start but not everything was good in that game, I mean the button combos and such are things I would not enjoy. Even for the reactions halo 4 got, it was still better than reach but not as good as 3, only things wrong with 4 was the ordinace system making things like mario kart and no forerunner or additional covie vehicles, but even then, nowadays in halo 4 there is no ordinace in the playlists, it's like 3 again but with loadouts but even then that doesn't cause much calamity.

Even then I would rather play a shooter where the work is on you, not streaks that defeat the purpose, I mean if you do well then why would you need a gunship to do more of your own work? That's what I mean and why I hate call of duty, I hate battlefield because it's either you get into a whole lot of something or nothing, and frankly even team fortress 2 has run dry on me, the community itself with a ll the trading has become absolute crap and literally I am pissed at valve for hardly even touching the game, the whole deal of trading int the game is ultimately going to collapse because well the items used as currency in the game have become either worthless due to constant inflation and otherwise too expensive for normal means on the other end of the spectrum,and yeah most of it is manipulated and valve just profited of the morons who did this, it was fine when it was just an item for an item if the same type, but the. Someone put a price on things and it went to hell. Whoever decided something with no real value like Mac buds would be worth thirty dollars or so, they didn't understand the implications of a currency where items tied to this as a currency hierarchy would cause so much crap at both ends, and now people have actually complained about this, the game is fun but seriously it's just begun to wear on me and frankly I am not happy with how valve has treated the game, it's to me a bastardized version of a Facebook game and people spending hundreds on virtual hats, yeah valve profits off stupidity.

And I say all this while tf2 is still my second favorite multiplayer game under halo, but yeah I love the game but hate the community that thinks flaunting useless items actually means something.

I just hope that the beta works out for halo 5 later on.

#24 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 01:10 AM

Well I mean it happens really quick. I forgot to add that. That's why I said Assassin's Creed. I remember playing that and thinking, "Wow! Amazing!" After 3rd assassination mission, I start to realize how lacking the content and feel it is. That's how I see people are saying. Not using my description but I have heard it's very underwhelming. It's no CoD4 where it was the best time to push it to the roof because it was new, smooth 60 fps, modern, multiplayer is fresh at the time, and so on. Put it this way, the sequel may have a hard time to convince everyone and more to return.

Again, I got to play. Beta was great but I had a limit. Now it's a full game, I must feel more. One guy probably said it best: "I have fun. But not bungie fun."

#25 Inferno180

Inferno180

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 01:21 AM

Well I mean it happens really quick. I forgot to add that. That's why I said Assassin's Creed. I remember playing that and thinking, "Wow! Amazing!" After 3rd assassination mission, I start to realize how lacking the content and feel it is. That's how I see people are saying. Not using my description but I have heard it's very underwhelming. It's no CoD4 where it was the best time to push it to the roof because it was new, smooth 60 fps, modern, multiplayer is fresh at the time, and so on. Put it this way, the sequel may have a hard time to convince everyone and more to return.

Again, I got to play. Beta was great but I had a limit. Now it's a full game, I must feel more. One guy probably said it best: "I have fun. But not bungie fun."

Its not going to have a sequel, its just going to be built on with more areas on the worlds and eventually new worlds.

Even the social area will be expanded, new people will show in the tower, even the story will build. Right now, only 2 expansions are announced, but there is a lot we dont know about the game.

Its even then, you still have a whole range of means to build a character you want and the bright side is, there is no griefing, no people robbing you of resources in the open world, no people just sitting around in the open areas to just do nothing but kill you like those who do open world pvp in WoW or just cause mayhem in GTA online, and no rockstar has lost me, they had 11 months to put heists in, they didn't its not going to be worth it at this time because  thosw who played this game will most likely already have enough money for anything they wanted in the past and the future. Its not the best game but it did a lot more right then others, All loot is personal. I mean I wish I could trade with friends, but the deal is that this feels more like a social dark souls. I mean its neat to see people running around in the open world, but its not an MMO, its a shared world shooter.

If anything, the game does present a good challenge, thats one thing. Its new and different in most cases, no class just forces you along a role, there are no tanks, dps, or healers, only your preferences with your talents and weapons. Unlike borderlands, even though you could say take the sniper class, you may want to use ARs more, the game constantly throws mostly snipers at you, this game doesn't do that which I like. I mean worst cases are like yes, WoW, you have no freedom of the build you want, you did in the early years but blizzard just kept narrowing it down, now its if you even want to play in the end content or stand a chance in pvp, you must conform to the same styles everyone else does in the arch design of your talents for your class, your only flexibility is your weapons and armor, and the design of them, thats it, and otherwise your talents that don't make a drastic difference, but for anything else yes its because blizzard can never find a good ground with their classes, i quit this game 2 years ago because it was just nonsense, they couldnt even find a good spot for their own guys and didn't even give us freedom to make our characters, hell even with the new expansion, they cut out crowd control and frankly, that made me sad, i liked the tactical and cooperative element where teams had to use each others class abilities and use them on the right enemies, like I was a paladin and I could put certain enemies like undead, demons, and humaniods in a trance, others like a mage could turn a foe into sheep, while a shaman could hex them into a frog. The deal was, if we found a mob of strong guys and we had to pull them apart, if I was able to do that to one guy, it would save the shot the mage and shaman would need to use it upon another. I had a weaker crowd control, but it was deals like if we could hold more at bay for a time, we could split groups up and get through an instance easier.

Besides, least it does take teamwork to get through the areas in destiny, its small now but it will get bigger, I mean hey tf2 only started with 7 maps and now its got like over 60, yet it took a while. Even thought the game has gotten stale over the years, it had its rough edges but it was still enjoyable despite the horrid community.

But then you get games like the halo collection doing a right thing, bring a whole anthology of games with over 100 maps and 4 games and everything ever in them, thats when you get a whole series to make something right.

My point is, this game just started, where we see where bungie goes is up to them, its a risk to try a game like this but it depends how much it expands, like will we see new worlds, vehicles, races, social expansions, etc? Some yes and no, but its just started, even raids only begin next week, and these are deals where you have no help, you have to figure it out with a team of your own of 6, and its yes a deal where at first it will take you a few hours but then much less once you know the layout. Yet its something that we will see unfold as it must.

Edited by Inferno180, 13 September 2014 - 01:37 AM.

#26 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 01:26 AM

Well I just don't like to think the once mighty has fallen. Big. I mean it is true many of them went to 343. It almost feels like people can say, "Should have stay with Halo." Oh well.

#27 Inferno180

Inferno180

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 01:40 AM

Most of 343 is ex bungie, but despite the rough stuff halo 4 had, 343 has proven one thing: They are commited to it. The intial stuff in halo 4 was not liked as much, but what they did do included:

-A re-balance of weaponry last year in july because the DMR was spam dominant

-Rotataing playlists and modes by the community

-Removed the infinity varients which used ordinance from most playlists like slayer

-Had hours of playtesting the forge maps and had both their own people and those well known in the community test them.

And for whatever you can say, they have hit the nail on the head with the collection and to most cases, well they are giving the fans what they want with halo 5, the style that made halo 2 and 3 well received, even starts and arena control type gameplay. To have a beta running 3 weeks with 7 maps, thats commitment and making sure everything works out.

#28 BlazingDynamo

BlazingDynamo

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,304 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku playing video games watching Pokemon XY talking to other NS fans

Posted 13 September 2014 - 02:47 AM

I don't have the game yet but if you guys want to add me on the Xbox 360 your welcome to do so.

#29 Inferno180

Inferno180

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 02:55 AM

Sorry I'm on xbox one

#30 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 13 September 2014 - 03:12 AM

http://www.destructo...ontent=FaceBook

Heads up, PVP and PVE events coming soon.

And at @NaruSaku4Life, "heard" is different than playing it, yourself. Play it first before totally writing it off. Although, it really is more fun playing with others than playing it solo.

And now, an updated pic of Angry Robot Vader, looking more and more like my old, badass Beta Angry Robot Vader.

Still just a big picture, no spoilers here

Really, the only issue I have with it, so far, is that every piece of gear uses the same 3-5 models, just colored differently.  Then again, I'm progressing very slowly, so end-game content probably look cooler than early-game content.  Some of the gear my PSN friends are sporting look cool enough.

Edited by shadow_Uzumaki, 13 September 2014 - 03:15 AM.

#31 Inferno180

Inferno180

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 03:38 AM

http://www.destructo...ontent=FaceBook

Heads up, PVP and PVE events coming soon.

And at @NaruSaku4Life, "heard" is different than playing it, yourself. Play it first before totally writing it off. Although, it really is more fun playing with others than playing it solo.

And now, an updated pic of Angry Robot Vader, looking more and more like my old, badass Beta Angry Robot Vader.

Still just a big picture, no spoilers here

Really, the only issue I have with it, so far, is that every piece of gear uses the same 3-5 models, just colored differently.  Then again, I'm progressing very slowly, so end-game content probably look cooler than early-game content.  Some of the gear my PSN friends are sporting look cool enough.

There are some different ones within both the ones in pve and the ones in pvp.

More models will come eventually through both free additions and the DLC.

Though only 2 expasions are announced for now, the dark below and house of wolves, there should be outright "expansions" like wow had the burning crusade and lich king. Out of all the concept art and other deals they made for this game, some people suspect in time as the game moves on, we may see areas like old chicago, the rings of saturn, and Jupiters moon europa.

Otherwise I will say this:

This isn't the kind of game that others would just buy, go through the campaign and just be done, its not just a game you buy and only continue to play by means of the pvp or difficultly, its an online only game yes, but this isn't what bungie was aiming for, the deal was, their type of model for this game is, they bring a good portion of what they made so far out, and then gradually release more over the course of a few months, this includes minor stuff and updates that are free, otherwise events that have some dynamic things happen in the world, likewise as it is an online only game, it is here where it takes that aspect of games like World of Warcraft into account where it will introduce new zones in preexisting areas such as the moon and earth (aka DLC like most other games) and then there are those that come out much later like 2 years, aka actual expansions that introduce entirely new dynamics, raise level caps, new enemies, new worlds entirely, even those beyond the intial solar system, from where we are right now, just the inner planets of our solar system, many suspect we will eventually head to areas like the moon of jupiter as said before, other areas can include derelect ships abandoned around saturn. Maybe even completely alien worlds where those enemies we faced originated. This story that began was yes, minimal in some sense, but the point is, its not all said and done, its a story that starts with a backstory of a greater time that ended at one point and in the present, humanity is in a deep crisis, that the end of this old enemy is coming back, but you find an old AI that survived, that something out in the former worlds of the moon, venus, and mars, something may exist to help humanity survive, to stop the darkness, but when you do all this, you solve one problem but still linger on with hundreds more, such as who was this stranger who helped you and just what is the darkness and why did humanity become targeted, even itself what is the traveler and what happened so long ago that humanity became what it was? This victory at the end of destiny is only a start, only a means to prevent the end from being immenent, the enemies are still out there, many worlds still left barren and its not a game where you just get everything answered at once and the sad thing is, many people missed this point, its not a story where like the mindset of most games you have one story or part of a story to tell like in a triliogy, its rather really the first arc of a major story to tell over years, kinda like how we have read naruto, the arcs themselves dont just go by in 10 chapters, they could take 50 or much longer, like a year. This was the first such story and sadly, I think both players and other media reviewers were being way way too hasty, this is only the start, its like no one questioned who this stranger was? She was not associated with the reef and otherwise, who are the people of the reef, we dont just go to see them once, we will see them again. And this is my point, this is a game where its made to unfold more like a series on TV like the walking dead, the only difference is, we get to experience it and always go back and see it again, its like a novel but the parts come gradually, the game itself right now is short, but what it will become will be much bigger in content in time, the problem is, either people have patience or they don't and this game is not complete, not by a longshot, it will take at least a year for everything to be said and done for it, because this is just the start, its not only going to be what we see here, there is so much planned, its rumored that by the second expansion, we may have about 15-20 strikes and about 8 raids.

Edited by Inferno180, 13 September 2014 - 03:54 AM.

#32 BlazingDynamo

BlazingDynamo

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,304 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku playing video games watching Pokemon XY talking to other NS fans

Posted 13 September 2014 - 03:44 AM

Sorry I'm on xbox one

I don't have a Xbox one :cry:

#33 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 06:40 AM

Well, I take your words for it, but if they hoped to be CoD4 bang, they certainly got it wrong here. Plus seeing Bungie being reputation like this is disheartening, knowing that they made the almighty Halo series. I mean this game is a mainstream game, so you have to make it right. I know you can't win them all, but you got to win the most. This one is getting Man of Steel syndrome: love or hate is your only options. I like the beta, but I don't want to be like "Wow, Dynasty Warriors, shooter edition." Beta and full game is different not just because one is still being worked on but because you about to experience a whole and if that whole is the same as beta, then that's not good. It's like playing Assassin's Creed, it started off pretty cool, but once you realized that is all to the gameplay, you about to repeat over and over again. So yeah, I fear here.

But I will get the full game soon. I think. I don't follow reviews but man, it's not looking good. It only makes you think Microsoft helped them to make a great quality game (Halo).

#34 Inferno180

Inferno180

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 01:57 PM

Its more like you can if you need to call it like anything, call it like Halo 3, halo 3 though by all means a good game, the campagin wasn't much or given much of a story focus, in fact the first half of that game being on earth with practically short levels wasn't the best around, level 5 was a gimp in that game due to it just being level 4 in reverse but with the flood. Much of the stuff mentioned in this game was ironically left to have more focus in the other media that would leave people with unknown questions, I mean even though he dies in game, 343 GS still lives past this event as a fragment and seemingly may return in a future one. It was only once you got to the arc, you got the levels the ark and the covinent which felt like long styled halo levels you knew and loved, only problem, it was those 2 levels. The earth levels are fine and all but too short, these ones were long and complex, but the majority of the game should have been like this, but then you hit level 8 which grinds stuff to a halt and then you get 9 and thats it. Its basically a no wonder deal they put a ton more story elements in 4, because 3 didn't get much. Yet bungie made a better story/campaign with both ODST and Reach.

Anyways, to best describe the current deal of destiny:

It's campaign is like that of halo 3, its not given much focus on the smaller details, just the large one and you know the large deal of what you as a character must do, save the world. You get a lot of enemies and a lot of varitity, that is good. All 4 factions have different tactics to face you and act differently, the fallen use a mix of everything being the most common enemies, they also have cloaked guys be them sword wielders or snipers, they have drones and machines to aid them too. The Hive focus on rushing you with weak guys while the stronger ones bombard you from far away, the thralls rush you to melee you, the acyolites are the main soldiers, while the knights being armored take more of a beating but are grenider type units and others use large swords. The wizards and ogres are another story. The Vex being machines focus are not headshot killable, but also focus on numerous soldiers to take you out, they have the offset of weakest grunt like units, but also strongest heavy units, their goblins are weak and go down easy, but then you get the minotaurs who are by all means the hardest enemies in the game, they have shielding, armor, no weakpoints, and weapons that can kill in very few hits, not to mention, they warp around a lot, more than the promeathians in halo 4, and do this even to charge you to avoid damage. Then you get the cabal, the most tactical of all, a military focused group, they all take the most damage and are the strongest faction in the game, they deal a lot of damage with their weapons and melee, the legionarries are easy, but the phalexes are hard, unlike the jackals, their shields do not break. You get a good mix of foes in this game.

Otherwise like halo 3, the scenery and music are good, no question there.

If anything though, its more like Halo 3, its better in the aspect of yes, its multiplayer, the competivie aspect, while it doesn't show rank or bring anything like private matches which is dumb, for now, they will throw that in later, but its good for the cooperative nature in things like strike missions and the competitive focus. It has the spirit of what halo 3 did, but just not in full, though a big aspect of the game is simply just also getting better gear, trying to find what suits you and makes you have the soldier you want. Same with the talents too, the game allows for a lot of flexibility, you can even get a titan with max speed or a warlock to have max armor and recovery, its a completely flexible system.

My point is, its got that deal of design where, like halo 3, the campaign wasn't the biggest, people in 3 back then thought that finishing the fight had a bigger fun factor to it, but this ended around level 7, not 9. And Halo 3 had an anti climax in facing 343GS, we didn't enjoy that, it was just a dumb filler type deal. Least halo 2 sent us on a final fight against a threat like tarturtus. But for the multiplayer, this is what nailed the game. The cooperative campaign scoring and all things multiplayer in the maps and forge made halo 3 a good game. In fact it was because of the insane things halo 3 allowed us to do people enjoyed it. For all purposes, this is why its like that for destiny, its story is well meh, but the enemy design and locations are great and otherwise, its meant to be done with friends and other people, to complete coopertive and competitive deals at your own pace. Its not a game like WoW that demands so much time you have no time left for other games if you do stuff like raiding, its not a game that you otherwise just pick up once, its a game that you keep playing for stuff like loot, as its a loot driven game, but also because you enjoy it.

If anything, yes the game just launched, maybe wait a bit to see the new stuff that comes out, but otherwise there is a difference with what you hear and what you see. Please don't tell me you listen to metacritic? That site is just flawed beyond belief, when anyone can make a review, fans always bum rush it because of a game they hate.I mean yes halo 4 got some mixed deals, but people complained about it for some really dumb reasons like it was such a travesty that kill cams were put into the game when others like tf2 actually show you where the perosn is standing point on and has done this since 07, no one gave a kitten then so why the fuss now? No one complained about loadouts in reach, you got to choose your armor ability and at other times even your weapons like from onslaught or spartans vs elites, this took away no even starts at times and this was going on for a while and no one even thought twice? To put it simply most people are impatient and otherwise not aware that what they are complaining about has either not gotten off the ground yet or make a fuss about stuff the developer did before but those same people were unaware or didn't care at the time, if its a case of why not make a deal of it in the past, why start now? Even halo 1, a game many say was bungies best, for as good as it was, it was riddled with problems, the multiplayer though good in design was terrible because you only needed the pistol, everything else was irreverent, the campaign, some levels used repeating environments and rooms several times like assault on the control room and the library, even worse, 2 levels, were just repeats in reverse, 2 betrayls and keyes, just these had flood with them now. Otherwise you can even count the maw for its early part as using repeated environments too. But no one complained about this then, so its really just foolish people crying that they wanted more, when they are going to get more in the coming weeks. Its not just a game they put out and say they are done with, its not like the call of duty or battlefield stuff that gets thrown out and then the developers dont give a kitten, least they actually keep activite in the community.

If I had to say anything, maybe if you wanted to get the game, wait till more content has come and the price has dropped, but its definitely a game that will occupy your time because of all the character building you can do and like halo, the one thing thats good is the exploration, there are many places you can go that the campaign will not take you, you can find them by free roam.

But its again just that, its not a game where you play once and then just go on your way, the majority of people who approached it with this mindset on the story, well Bungie even warned them they would be disappointed if they did it like that. Its a game where its one part explore the remains of that disaster and otherwise yeah, a loot driven game, you should be into it if you like finding gear to make your guy stronger, like diablo or more to the point, borderlands, but even then, unlike borderlands, this game has a good pvp mode and nothing its limited by level zones, any area can be set to hard and beyond level 20 to pose a challenge. For those who think its a one time deal, they will be sad, because the story is just the start, not even close to the end, its only the start of the story and only the first wave of loot we will see, the end game right now will later on not be the end game, it will go further. But then people just as usual have no patience and freak out... but hey what can you do? You either enjoy it and wait to see more or you don't like it and just leave, its that simple.

Besides if its worth a mention, this is something they sent me and many others in an email:

SALVAGE    SEP 12 - SEP 14
Crucible Weekend Playlist. Race to claim and salvage relics in this intense 3x3 objective mode.

LEVEL 26 RAID    OPENS SEP 16
Gear up and team up to face your greatest challenge yet: The Vault of Glass.

MORE TO COME
This is just the beginning of your adventure. More events, more updates, and more surprises await you.

So see, this is only the start, they have a lot more planned in the months ahead.

Edited by Inferno180, 13 September 2014 - 05:27 PM.

#35 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 14 September 2014 - 03:03 PM

Well, I take your words for it, but if they hoped to be CoD4 bang, they certainly got it wrong here. 

Destiny is the highest pre-ordered new IP of all time, and Activision made $500 million back in one day. So while I'm not sure how that measures up to Modern Warfare, Bungie have had a huge financial success in launching Destiny. 

I'm glad they did, it is a really fun game to play. And they were getting a ton of heat on their facebook page, for "betraying microsoft" and their was no way they'd succeed without Halo. So glad that they have,

\

#36 Uzumaki9000

Uzumaki9000

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 618 posts
  • Interests:Movies, drawing, painting, reading and video games.

Posted 14 September 2014 - 08:05 PM

I got Destiny on ps4 along with the console and The Last Of Us Remastered as my birthday gift yesterday. And the game is by far great.

#37 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 12:13 AM

Well, I decided to go for it. Whether it's great or not, I will see it through it. So, what's everyone's tag here.

#38 Inferno180

Inferno180

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 07:47 PM

Well the first raid opened up today but the end game itself requires more than just grinding levels, you need armor most of all at level 20. At level 20 you get a new stat called light, light determines additional levels beyond 20. Mine right now for instance is 26 due to the gear I have. Light is given by better quality gear. You can get this by playing the strike playlists or pvp at level 20. It makes no difference but without epics, you can only attain level 24 by means of the strike playlists for the vanguard.

So for anyone who needs to wonder how to get to the raid, this is what you must do.

So to get epic gear there are 3 things you need:

1. Play strikes or pvp to get rep with the vanguard or crucible plus crucible faction, you don't need to invest much but you can get special marks from them as well, get at least 65 and you can buy an chest, leg, or arm piece, helms are 120. You can only get 100 in a week of either, they are independent too. Vanguard marks are also earn able by daily stuff and if you complete a public event for the first time in the day. Rep is important too, for both you need to be at least rank 2 to buy stuff from any vanguard, crucible, or crucible faction merchants. Don't worry about rep, you are not given any limit for it in a week. You can get rep fastest for the vanguard with patrol missions, very short easy ones in free roam.

2. The cryparch is your best friend, get any mystery items, green, blue, and if you are lucky, purple, give them to this guy, he will decode their contents, you can get weapons, armor, or materials. Just cause you get a blue or purple encrypted item, it will not grant you that quality, blues can be green or purple, while purples can be green, blue, purple or the coveted exotic rarity. You don't need to do any specific playlists for these either, even in patrol around level 2 enemies on earth, you may still find blue or purple drops meant for your level. Whenever you rank up with the cryparch, he will send you a package of 2 random usually blue freebies to decode, rinse and repeat, you may get what you want.

3. Get lucky, this is honestly the easiest deal, just get lucky. Any end of strike or end of pvp game at level 20 will grant you some random item, sometimes it can be a rare one like material or a shader to color your armor. Other times it could be a weapon of greater quality. If you don't get lucky, play strikes or pvp, strikes are only at 5 missions (6 if you have a play station system) so repeated runs can get tiresome but the trade off is you have more chances of enemies dropping items, it's the same factor as said before, any items that enemies drop in pve situations makes no difference, a level 2 fallen dreg can drop an epic weapon for you at level 20 just like any beefed up cabal soldier in mars. Otherwise enjoy pvp, it can get enough to pass you through the time.

Finally one more deal, pick up bounties, bounties provide you with extra exp to both the vanguard and crucible, just make sure they are ones you can handle, don't worry, they don't expire. At level 20 each time you get around 10000 or so exp, you get a free item called a mote of light since you cannot level up anymore, this is a rare material for both a currency and upgrading epic gear, so no worries about finding it, you will generate it enough in time.

Until then, happy hunting, I am only level 26 because I saved my vanguard marks and got 3 armor pieces for 180 marks, so yeah I played a lot already,

Edited by Inferno180, 17 September 2014 - 07:49 PM.

#39 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 18 September 2014 - 02:49 AM

Red Death dropped for me the other day and I must say this gun is pretty good against Vex and Cabal.

Not my cup of tea in the Crucible though, much rather a Shotgun or an Auto Rifle.

8c5a9c63d23baf4e9d077bf65597592bb55115a2

#40 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 18 September 2014 - 04:31 AM

Red Death dropped for me the other day and I must say this gun is pretty good against Vex and Cabal.

Not my cup of tea in the Crucible though, much rather a Shotgun or an Auto Rifle.

Dat Glass Half Full upgrade on Auto Rifles though....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users