3 replies to this topic

#1 ynaruto

ynaruto

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 09:51 PM

For a long time, the only redeeming feature of Sakura for me was the fact that she had her inner self. It gave her a bit more depth and showed that there might actually be parts of her personality worth liking. If you noticed, early on, being around Sasuke turned Sakura into a weak and whining hypocrite, and she felt a need to hide her true self (hence the inner persona). Whenever she allows herself to let go of that mask, she becomes startlingly like Naruto. They can understand each other, they share a sense of humor in many aspects, even if Sakura would never admit to that, and she could honestly enjoy herself a lot more if she stopped worrying so much about her image. Instead, she feels the need to act more superior than Naruto, constantly putting him down and not realizing the fact that in her rejection he feels as much pain as she does from Sasuke's.

And let's face it, while Sasuke does care for Sakura, he always cared more for Naruto. Note that Sasuke's first real conversation with Sakura was a defense of Naruto; he viewed Sakura as naive and annoying. Naruto's the only specific person he's put his life on the line to save and Naruto is also the closest person to him, as evidenced by their fight at the VotE. Orochimaru himself stated that Naruto is the person changing Sasuke, and Sakura admitted that Naruto is the only person who has a chance of bringing Sasuke back. Meaning Sakura's influence on Sasuke's life pales in comparison to Naruto's. He's more interested in power than fawning fangirls, which Sakura failed to realize, and if her need to impress Sasuke hadn't shoved her inner self away, he probably would have liked her a lot better.

Now, posttimeskip, Sakura has spent 2.5 years free of Sasuke's influence. She obviously still cares about what happens to him, but no more than Naruto. The last time she saw Sasuke, she declared her love for him, and he's had no time afterward to change her mind about that. She has, however, had time to think on her own and with Tsunade's guiding hand and the lack of Sasuke's restraining influence, her true self is becoming more apparent (note the lack of appearance from 'Inner Sakura'; Sakura has become her inner self). She lashes out against Sasori with an astonishingly Naruto-esque rant, losing her cool and giving him a punch to the face. This was part of her anger at Sasuke's departure, but it also shows a closer tie between herself and Naruto.
At this point in the manga, they share a goal: to bring Sasuke back. IThis creates a large tie between them.

Naruto has increased in both intelligence and maturity and he's stopped fawning over Sakura. These factors will undoubtedly increase the likelihood that she will find him attractive. She's shown immense concern for his well-being and expresses as much of a desire to save him from a dark fate as she does for Sasuke. In fact, she's always seemed to be concentrating on Naruto's well-being and ensuring that he doesn't beat himself up too much while trying to get Sasuke back. I think Sakura can understand Naruto better than she ever did Sasuke and he is much more capable of making her happy if she'd give him a chance.

As for NaruHina, my dislike for this pairing doesn't stem from anything regarding appearance, it's all about the development and interaction. While it seemed like a viable pairing during the Chuunin exams, Hinata hasn't shown up since, so she's lost her chance. She's shown admiration for Naruto, but despite watching him, being acquainted with him, she doesn't really know him and can't sympathize with/help him through the problems he's got right now. They've hardly spoken to each other, and Naruto counts her on an equal friend-status with all the other Rookie Nine, possibly below some of them. Unless Kishimoto throws in a hell of a lot of believable development in their relationship (and there's really no reason for him to and I can't see how it would happen, as they have nothing to talk about/bond over), this pairing cannot happen.

Now don't throw my comments out as blatant Naruto fangirl/boyism, please. I happen to like Sasuke better than Naruto. I just see so many signs pointing to NaruSaku, away from NaruHina, and SakuSasu is just at a dead standstill. Sasuke's path is dark. He's a grey character, he is a traitor (note: he left Konoha to get revenge on Itachi, no malice toward the village, sure, but he's giving Orochimaru his body in return. He gave that man an extremely powerful weapon, knowing the animosity Oro feels for Konoha, knowing that he could be used against the village.), and the idea of him focusing on something other than his revenge (finding love) is frankly ridiculous. After Itachi's dead, perhaps Kishimoto will go down the 'revive the clan' path, but I have a feeling that once Itachi's gone, Sasuke will be completely empty, having lost his reason to live. If he's still alive, it's likely he'll never be able to love again. Anyway, there are any number of ways this could go, but there's far less positive evidence for SasuSaku than there is for NaruSaku.

Most people don't base their pairing choices on how much they like a certain character; it's about the chemistry, interaction, and development between the two characters invovled in the pairing. Now, I'm huge NaruSaku fan (as evidenced by my SasuNaru banner), but I think I can speak for most of them when I say their main reasons for supporting the pairing are not so that "the loser can get the girl". And while you may still see Naruto as a loser, that's your opinion, and many people don't share it. You can't get pissed at others for putting down Sasuke when you're shoving the same baseless insults in the Naruto fans' faces.

I respect the fact that you like SasuSaku as a pairing, and I can understand that preference, but that doesn't mean it's going to happen. You cannot state your opinions as if they are facts. And the way the manga's facts are pointing...well...I think I covered that.
Erm...sorry?

#2 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,905 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 10:04 PM

You said some very interesting stuff if you ask me. smile.gif I agree in many ways with what you said, vnaruto, since it really is all true. In some ways, Sakura really did repress how she could really be, and also not becoming as strong as she could ahve since she was distracted by her crush on Sasuke, which held back her developement, til she saw Sasuke left the village and couldn't do anything... and Naruto being severely injured keeping his promise to her, which strengthened her to train under Tsunade so she could help them.

Bryon

#3 Grengo

Grengo

Dance Dance

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Interests:Anime, soccer, running, reading, blah blah blah

Posted 01 March 2006 - 03:23 AM

Very nice argument, though I assume you posted in a Narusasu (yeck) forum, considering the wording in some sentences. Honestly, though, this is really well written.

#4 Pite

Pite

I'm a cat with glasses and a piece of chalk in my hand!

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Too long to write about.

Posted 01 March 2006 - 10:31 AM

A really good referate so what Mark didyou got?
The meaning of life is to find your own meaning of life.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users