1196 replies to this topic

#21 Atheck

Atheck

Ally of NaruSaku

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,050 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 01:48 PM

SASUKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NARUTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would want my eyes and ears to be nailed shut if that's all that's left (not really, although I do wish my mind could have registered something more agreeable for a follow up chapter). Darkrest, you shouldn't jest about such things. There has to be more than just the opaque bromance between Naruto and Sasuke.

#22 Hiraishin

Hiraishin

infinite

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,021 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 01:48 PM

what.
???

This seems too easy... There could be some kind of twist but I don't what it could be. We don't even know anything about Kaguya (I could totally see Hagoromo doing a(nother, since he did one when he met Naruto) history lesson soon...)

Um.. Well, other than that.. Sakura was cute this chapter! Freaking out about how they would get back, and whispering to Naruto asking who Rikudo is.

And Madara... He should've just been sealed up too. But I guess we're going to see him get "redeemed," more or less. Like, "oh, I was being used this whole time, I went on the wrong path, blah blah blah" He was spit out just Obito was a while ago, when Kaguya was being revived. Hmm. Also what was that about "pure land"? And five kage? That looks like more than five...

I have no idea what will happen next chapter. This is so happy ending that.. Wow. We'll probably see some celebrating and congratulating. Maybe some down time before the Naruto vs. Sasuke fight? I...

Edited by Hiraishin, 28 August 2014 - 01:49 PM.

narusaku_ss_by_Cynthi.jpg

#23 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 01:49 PM

So naruto end this year or part 3 incoming?

#24 luffyq1

luffyq1

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,371 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 01:50 PM

I almost fell asleep reading this chapter.

dozing_off_by_qwistie-d4wb0jr.gif

Untitled_zpsbc671263.png

#25 Sakura~

Sakura~

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts
  • Interests:currently obsessed with Gintama and One Piece.
    http://clefairiess.tumblr.com

Posted 28 August 2014 - 01:51 PM

Look at my two dorks <3 acting all stupid and such :')

harley_quinn___sign_by_ravenlsd-d8q43el.

#26 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 01:51 PM

So finally 2 page i'll make my review:

Considerations.

Best example of how a mangaka should not handle the "final" battle, he give an anti climatic feeling with jokes and a strange characterization of Sakura.

He got rid of all the left points of return of Kaguya at the same time by trapping black zetsu with his rods.

All the previous kages are summoned so they will witness Naruto vs Sasuke destined battle for who has more hatred.

1 - Kaguya is sealed quick, her battle was lame, limited jutsus, and so on.

She was the lamest villain on the story so far in my honest opinion Madara was better and even made me forget Obito.

2 - Rushed feel of the entire arc like a mangaka is tired of the story.

I would want my eyes and ears to be nailed shut if that's all that's left (not really, although I do wish my mind could have registered something more agreeable for a follow up chapter). Darkrest, you shouldn't jest about such things. There has to be more than just the opaque bromance between Naruto and Sasuke.

I made it as a joke but i tend to disagree, there's nothing more between them, the hatred Sasuke has was devalued and his objective seems to want to have the hokage spot to "fix the village", however all the dark things were already in a way destroyed, "Danzou" since the whole darkness of the village was caused by Danzou.

About the ending "what we're going to do now from now on" i would advice Naruto to join the Straw Hat.

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 28 August 2014 - 01:56 PM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#27 archangel

archangel

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 01:52 PM

Finally

#28 ns.Believe.It

ns.Believe.It

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,320 posts
  • Interests:Coding, Long walks, Driving.
    Arsenal FC.

Posted 28 August 2014 - 01:52 PM

Spoiler

spoiler

Totally agree. This seemed way too simple. The ending made me feel like it was the calm before a storm.

tumblr_mzzew0nSyr1t3jjq1o1_500.gif

'No matter what I do, I guess Happiness is a feeling that I'll never experience'

#29 luffyq1

luffyq1

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,371 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 01:53 PM

By far the worst villain in this series. I'd be embarrassed to have created such a character.

Untitled_zpsbc671263.png

#30 Inferno180

Inferno180

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 01:53 PM

Well

When people insult my OTP

Insulting a man’s ship, be worse than insulting his mother.

#31 Hiraishin

Hiraishin

infinite

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,021 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 01:54 PM

The bijuu looked too small on page eight... They looked the size of the frog slug and snake summons. But I guess that's so we could actually see them..

Spoiler

I have to agree. I was just thinking about this -- although it was rushed and should have been done better, it's good that it's over now. Because it was a crap thing to begin with, and now we can move onto the NS battle, and stuff with the characters we actually care about. And since Kishi loves him some Team 7 (especially SasuNaru), it should be better than what we've been getting recently. Now, kitten's going down.

narusaku_ss_by_Cynthi.jpg

#32 FreakySandra1995

FreakySandra1995

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 01:56 PM

Jeez, I can't find out if Sakura is looking at Sasuke or Naruto when she smiley. It kinda bugs me  :twitch:

Your wish has been heard loud and clear!

tumblr_n4c1f8AT2C1tswvyoo3_500.gif

Iki Hiyori

May our fates intertwine!

#33 Inferno180

Inferno180

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 01:57 PM

Well guess there is one good thing to this at last:

51085302.jpg

Because now with Madara most likely not going to be a threat, theres nothing else lingering around expect to perhaps just have him release the genjutsu.

Good god, 4 years of an arc war story plot covering 3 arcs (4th war, ten tails revival, and infinite genjutsu) finally its done.

Now maybe we can get to the end, find what the remaining plot points are, and hopefully NS stuff is brought in along with the other stuff in the end.

Edited by Inferno180, 28 August 2014 - 02:00 PM.

When people insult my OTP

Insulting a man’s ship, be worse than insulting his mother.

#34 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 01:58 PM

I just want to go back to something with a plot, instead of leveling up after each battle. The actual story has been stalled for so long now. However, it really feels like Kishimoto is trying to wrap up the manga by the end of the year. 

You know, after each of these 'battles' resolves, I'm always a little surprised and let down. Like, "That was it? Really?" Same feeling after this chapter. 

#35 luffyq1

luffyq1

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,371 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 01:59 PM

1 - Kaguya is sealed quick, her battle was lame, limited jutsus, and so on.

I still can't get over the fact that she really was limited in jutsus. Like wtf? lol so sad.

Untitled_zpsbc671263.png

#36 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,418 posts
  • Interests:Writing

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 28 August 2014 - 02:00 PM

My thoughts the chapter will be in the review:

The only thing I will say though is that chapter makes me strongly believe that Volume 71 is now done. Which means starting next week Volume 72 will begin with Chapter 691. 

8ba875d573fdb80ef2985b4ae933e5df755cd797

WE'RE IN THIS TOGETHER YOU & ME!

#37 ns.Believe.It

ns.Believe.It

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,320 posts
  • Interests:Coding, Long walks, Driving.
    Arsenal FC.

By far the worst villain in this series. I'd be embarrassed to have created such a character.

Heh, atleast  Kaguya was sealed as a villain! Thankfully there was no Kaguya sob-story followed by a Naruto TnJ. One more villain magically turning good would have been :sick:  

tumblr_mzzew0nSyr1t3jjq1o1_500.gif

'No matter what I do, I guess Happiness is a feeling that I'll never experience'

#38 Otaru

Otaru

絶対 負けない

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,489 posts

Ah the chapter is finally out !

Globally, I liked it, but not loved it.

I loved the sealing on Kaguya, with that ball hiding her third eye like it's an eclipse. I found this art really metaphorical and beautiful.

I'm surprised it worked on first try. I thought Kaguya would try something, but that fight was so long I'm happy it's ending.

I found the fact that Hagoromo was guetting his power back in his hands really great. It was really just temporary on Naruto and Sasuke's hands, as I thought.

I loved the fact that Naruto didn't forget about BZ and badassly send him flying on the new forming moon.  BUT I'm a little disappointed that BZ didn't try something to counter.

I'm a little disappointed by the Hokage only summoning them. I thought they were going to fight with them a little.

I loved Naruto and Sakura interactions, Sakura's smile and the fun part. I even liked how Sasuke talked to her and Kakashi. Guess he's considering them differently now.

I like the fact that random ninjas aren't already awake.

But this feel a little too simple, and I feel something might happen and things will not be that perfect. Or Kishi is really urged to end this arc. We'll see.

Knowing Kishi, for all this years of reading his work, I'm almost sure something will happen. There is that "why" from Kaguya that calls for explanations or something else to happen. Also, when Naruto said "We can live happily now" I thought something would contradict that. It's just a pause chapter, some relieving moments, but things will not be that simple. Right now, we could predict everything LOL. It's a total blank page, and everything could happen.

Edited by Otaru, 28 August 2014 - 02:09 PM.

sakurachansmallerbetter.jpg

#39 ramenanmitsu

ramenanmitsu

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,414 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 02:01 PM

Could it be that team seven has just got into Infinite Tsukuyomi? This ending is a bit unbelievable....
268702-181926-kaworu-nagisa.jpg

#40 RedDelicious

RedDelicious

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 02:01 PM

They've been fighting Kaguya for about 20 chapters. That's about as long as the epic Naruto vs. Pein fight.

It only feels abrupt because of how long the Madara fight was dragging out.

(I agree it feels "off", but I'm not freaking out about it.)

Has the World Tree gone away, or is that still active?

I still think the final fight will be Sasuke vs. Naruto.

And I have to wonder what Orochimaru has planned.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users