Close
Photo

Why was Sasuke so cruel to Sakura in the end?

Sakura Sasuke

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#61 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 04:55 PM

Yes, yes, yes! SS was never sold or justified. In fact it was outright refuted by Sasuke (in his speech to Naruto) and Sakura (in her actions toward Naruto and reflections toward Sasuke). 

Sasuke is never redeemed, nor is it even hinted that he wants to be redeemed. And in the end, Naruto acknowledges that nothing was fixed or 'settled' between them. Sasuke still got off scot-free. And I feel like drawing him without an arm is some kind of pandering to the readers that he bore some kind of a wound. grrrr.

:hug: Easy, hon, easy. I klnow how you feel really... =( why not have him actually sacrifice his life or something or even something like lose his sight as a real means fo rhim to get redemption? And considering I feel all Sasuke did was based on his realization of living a lie as well as jealousy at Naruto and Itachi, AND on top of that, trying to do all he does to make himself feel better

#62 Narufan85

Narufan85

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,412 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 04:57 PM

Yes, yes, yes! SS was never sold or justified. In fact it was outright refuted by Sasuke (in his speech to Naruto) and Sakura (in her actions toward Naruto and reflections toward Sasuke). 

Sasuke is never redeemed, nor is it even hinted that he wants to be redeemed. And in the end, Naruto acknowledges that nothing was fixed or 'settled' between them. Sasuke still got off scot-free. And I feel like drawing him without an arm is some kind of pandering to the readers that he bore some kind of a wound. grrrr.

It's almost comical how Sasuke, by the final chapters, seems far more like the main character than Naruto. He is never forced to face the consequences of his actions, he never actually loses to Naruto, he gets the final monologues, he gets the girl, he gets the interests of other girls (Ino), all of this despite acting reprehensibly for the entire second half of the manga. 

#63 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 05:41 PM

It's almost comical how Sasuke, by the final chapters, seems far more like the main character than Naruto. He is never forced to face the consequences of his actions, he never actually loses to Naruto, he gets the final monologues, he gets the girl, he gets the interests of other girls (Ino), all of this despite acting reprehensibly for the entire second half of the manga. 

He even eclipses Naruto in the end by taking over the end narration. The manga ends with Sasuke's thoughts about his journey, not Naruto's. I think at some point Sasuke became Kishimoto's favorite character, and he never went back to Naruto.

#64 Narufan85

Narufan85

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,412 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 06:16 PM

He even eclipses Naruto in the end by taking over the end narration. The manga ends with Sasuke's thoughts about his journey, not Naruto's. I think at some point Sasuke became Kishimoto's favorite character, and he never went back to Naruto.

Yep. You see it in the diversity of ninja skills, you could argue that you see it in skill, and you see it in the amount of time Kishi spent developing the Uchiha backstory. Meanwhile, the Uzumaki are a footnote.

#65 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 06:23 PM

No kidding. =/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Sakura, Sasuke

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users