53 replies to this topic

#21 8Hogake

8Hogake

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 02:57 PM

I'm getting the feeling that Japan doesn't know what love is. or They mistake it for Hate.

#22 Niky

Niky

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 03:31 PM

I'm getting the feeling that Japan doesn't know what love is. or They mistake it for Hate.

THIS :hm: !!

“A good novel tells us the truth about its hero; but a bad novel tells us the truth about its author.”

G. K. Chesterton

tumblr_o3tosabkSm1untbo7o4_r2_250.gif

Their first encounter...

#23 8Hogake

8Hogake

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 03:35 PM

What is their dating sites are called.

1.  Prankster's Stalker
  2.  Avenger's Stalker

#24 ramenanmitsu

ramenanmitsu

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,414 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 01:53 AM

Don't put all Japanese people in the same level as Kishi :D
268702-181926-kaworu-nagisa.jpg

#25 8Hogake

8Hogake

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 01:57 AM

Don't put all Japanese people in the same level as Kishi :D

Show me those who think like us.

#26 Kundalini_Master

Kundalini_Master

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 09:20 PM

My understanding was that there was less of a discrepancy among NaruHina/SasuSaku fans to NaruSaku fans in Japan than out here in the states. I'm not sure whether that's true or not though...

A great fire burns within me, but no one stops to warm themselves at it, and passers-by only see a wisp of smoke.
—Vincent van Gogh 

#27 Catwho

Catwho

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 09:31 PM

Someone on Reddit linked a doujinshi called "699.5" that, while it sickens me to the pit of my stomach, would have provided a thousand times more closure.  

Warning, major SasuSaku: http://imgur.com/gallery/sANx2/

700 was so badly absurd that I was easily able to be in denial about it.  But that doujinshi made me cry.

Read my stuff! Some of the stories are even finished! Catwho on Fanfiction.net
I also now have a Tumblr like thing:  http://tprara.tumblr.com/

#28 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 09:37 PM

Meh, as much as I would like, that's unlikely. It was the same with Mass effect 3. There is no clever trick, no surprise ending. It's just an good ol' case of the writers being dumb and lazy. So sick of these "shock' endings were the writers pull an umbeliavable 180º turn and assume they are being clever. NO! You're just ruining your series.

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#29 Kundalini_Master

Kundalini_Master

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 09:40 PM

Ugh, everyone in that fic is so out of character I can't even take it seriously...

A great fire burns within me, but no one stops to warm themselves at it, and passers-by only see a wisp of smoke.
—Vincent van Gogh 

#30 Kundalini_Master

Kundalini_Master

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 09:43 PM

Meh, as much as I would like, that's unlikely. It was the same with Mass effect 3. There is no clever trick, no surprise ending. It's just an good ol' case of the writers being dumb and lazy. So sick of these "shock' endings were the writers pull an umbeliavable 180º turn and assume they are being clever. NO! You're just ruining your series.

That's true, only difference is that Kishi must have known for years as he was progressing with the story how he wanted to end it. If it were supposed to be intended the way it turned out, then why would he lead his fan base on for so long? Was it for shock value? Or was it the safer choice due to the popularity of the other pairings? If anything only the NaruSaku fan base was truly shocked (and rightfully so...)

—Vincent van Gogh 

#31 SuperChief

SuperChief

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 10:39 PM

Someone on Reddit linked a doujinshi called "699.5" that, while it sickens me to the pit of my stomach, would have provided a thousand times more closure.  

Warning, major SasuSaku: http://imgur.com/gallery/sANx2/

700 was so badly absurd that I was easily able to be in denial about it.  But that doujinshi made me cry.

That doujin is vomit inducing.

#32 airongstring

airongstring

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 03:23 AM

totally random thought.. but isn't it awkward for sakura and sasuke to have intercourse with sasuke only having one arm?

#33 Mokiepuppymaster

Mokiepuppymaster

That One Cliche

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Interests:Writing, Acting, Piano, Drawing, NaruSaku, SasuNaru, NaruGaa, ShikaIno, LeeTen, NejiHina, InoSaku, SakuHina. Anime: Deadman Wonderland, Sailor Moon, Paranoia Agent & One Piece.

Posted 13 November 2014 - 03:17 PM

totally random thought.. but isn't it awkward for sakura and sasuke to have intercourse with sasuke only having one arm?

people lose body parts all the time, I mean look at soldiers. I'm sure they still have sex. Lol

tumblr_nemz5jxVl41rsex83o9_500.gif

#34 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 04:20 PM

I don't want to make sense of the ending. I shouldn't have to make sense of it. I shouldn't have to go through turmoil trying to figure out what the hell happened.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#35 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 04:26 PM

I don't want to make sense of the ending. I shouldn't have to make sense of it. I shouldn't have to go through turmoil trying to figure out what the hell happened.

Seconded, since it just killed EVERYONE involved in one nasty form of character assassination. I feel I don't got to make sense of it just because people say I should. It's just too damn dumb of an ending, too forced, too rushed, to need to make sense. 'Nuff said!

#36 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 05:08 PM

I don't think there'll ever be a time we can make sense of it. Not tomorrow, not a year from now.

And the more I think about it, the more I wonder if KnS wasn't right and Kishimoto just got to the point where he was sick of his characters and his story. And instead of seeing the value of years of work and giving each character a fitting ending, he traded it all for shock value and movie hype. That's tells me he really no longer cares about the story. 

The terrible thing is that Kishimoto didn't care about Naruto or Sakura in the end. About their stories and their goals. And the fans who had been most devoted to Naruto, to seeing him accomplish his goals and winning the girl he wanted, were left out in the cold. 

#37 Radra

Radra

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 05:24 PM

There is nothing to make sense of. Kishimoto trolled all of us. 

He outright confirmed all the crap NaruHina  and SasuSaku fans were saying for years with this ending.

Kishimoto in a recent interview said he was "embarrassed" when it came to writing romance.  The way I see it now, he always intended NaruHina and SasuSaku but he simply kittened up in fore shadowing them especially when it came to SasuSaku with the murder attempts.  

From the ending, NaruSaku was clearly meant to be a friendship bond which I find extremely stupid. You don't parallel a romantic pairing with a non romantic one. 

Kishimoto did not change his mind at the last moment. That just doesn't make sense. He just sucked at foreshadowing his intended pairings.  

#38 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 06:35 PM

Because................................ Sasuke Needed a wife?????????????????????? :zaru:  :glare: Because....................... Kishi decided to copy Toriyama????????????????????????? :zaru:  :wacko:

It's agreed then. If there  was a reason. IT. WAS . NOT. GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Phantom_999, 13 November 2014 - 06:38 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#39 Elicit

Elicit

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts
  • Interests:Mainly Video Games (mostly RPGs/Platformers/retro stuff), Music, Anime/Manga, Debating

Posted 13 November 2014 - 06:54 PM

There is nothing to make sense of. Kishimoto trolled all of us. 

He outright confirmed all the crap NaruHina  and SasuSaku fans were saying for years with this ending.

Kishimoto in a recent interview said he was "embarrassed" when it came to writing romance.  The way I see it now, he always intended NaruHina and SasuSaku but he simply f**cked up in fore shadowing them especially when it came to SasuSaku with the murder attempts.  

From the ending, NaruSaku was clearly meant to be a friendship bond which I find extremely stupid. You don't parallel a romantic pairing with a non romantic one. 

Kishimoto did not change his mind at the last moment. That just doesn't make sense. He just sucked at foreshadowing his intended pairings.  

None of these pairings were intended from the beginning. If anything, Kishimoto decided on them happening 4-5 years ago.

#40 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 14 November 2014 - 12:11 PM

Hmm I wonder... if we throw enough money at Kishimoto maybe he'll make an extended ending that only confuses us more! :zaru:

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Naruto, the end, 699, 700, narusaku, naruhina, sasusaku, kishimoto, Sakura, Sasuke

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users