882 replies to this topic

#81 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:21 PM

The anime is controlled/overlooked by isayama.

I've heard he changed Annie's scene to blushing/laughing just b4 she turned into female titan form after eren,misaka and armin called her out on it.

Also Misaka's "protect your boyfriend" statement, was that approved by isayama?

The anime was way too influenced by the fanbase. They added too many fanservice scenes for the most popular characters, and switched the character's roles. Not to mention Eren's fight with Annie was terrible.

The "protect your boyfriend" statement would've been stronger if meant for Eren, then it would serve a similar purpose as Yamato's statement to Sakura. Because while Mikasa's feelings already fairly obvious, but Erens' are a mystery.

ナルサク

#82 HauntedCake

HauntedCake

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts
  • Interests:Naruto,Shingeki no kyojin, Fairy Tail, LOL, Runescape & Xbox 360.

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:56 PM

The anime was way too influenced by the fanbase. They added too many fanservice scenes for the most popular characters, and switched the character's roles. Not to mention Eren's fight with Annie was terrible.

The "protect your boyfriend" statement would've been stronger if meant for Eren, then it would serve a similar purpose as Yamato's statement to Sakura. Because while Mikasa's feelings already fairly obvious, but Erens' are a mystery.

That statement was ment for eren, not the titan lol :chuckle:

40283620121415711s.jpg

#83 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:00 PM

That statement was ment for eren, not the titan lol :chuckle:

Lol I see how that could be misunderstood.

What I mean was the statement would be stronger for the ErexMika ship if someone told Eren to defend his girlfriend(Mikasa).

ナルサク

#84 HauntedCake

HauntedCake

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts
  • Interests:Naruto,Shingeki no kyojin, Fairy Tail, LOL, Runescape & Xbox 360.

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:14 PM

Lol I see how that could be misunderstood.

What I mean was the statement would be stronger for the ErexMika ship if someone told Eren to defend his girlfriend(Mikasa).

ch 50

Edit - Yeah lol defend your boyfriend.. the titan !! :lmao:

Edited by HauntedCake, 08 October 2013 - 10:20 PM.

40283620121415711s.jpg

#85 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 01:20 PM

EHM.. guys

look at this stuff

mr clean

Edited by sushi., 09 October 2013 - 01:21 PM.

ナルサク

#86 Rocket

Rocket

Nohrian scum

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Interests:roses are red, dark clouds are grey.... the rumour come out: does jumin han is gay?

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:16 AM

^^ omfg that's the same person who made that smooth criminal video I'm crying

So here's a bit of what we can expect next volume!

JA2DBzd.png

#87 Branden

Branden

The man who's going to save the world.

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:34 AM

^^ omfg that's the same person who made that smooth criminal video I'm crying

So here's a bit of what we can expect next volume!

Can you explain please?

EDIT: I don't speak Japanese.

Edited by Branden, 10 October 2013 - 09:35 AM.

Romance_Dawn_Arc.png

"This hat means a lot to me. Promise me you'll give it back someday...

when you've become a great pirate." -Shanks

#88 Rocket

Rocket

Nohrian scum

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Interests:roses are red, dark clouds are grey.... the rumour come out: does jumin han is gay?

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:25 AM

I don't know what the entire thing says, but basically Eren finally gets to the Jaeger basement, and finds a book called... Abs Paradise.

Looks like we can expect the Legion to get to the basement next volume.

:fu:

JA2DBzd.png

#89 Verilance

Verilance

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts
  • Interests:Whatever comes to mind

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:32 AM

I don't know if it is my age or just what I like and dislike, but I have tried several times to read this manga and for the life of me I can't understand its appeal...

You only have to look at the Oricon ranking to see that is is almost at freakin' One Piece level in sales per volume so people really love this story

but to me it just plain sucks

seriously what do you guys get out of it that I cannot see... I really don't get it?????

Edited by Verilance, 10 October 2013 - 10:32 AM.

Yotsubato! - Enjoy Everything!

#90 Branden

Branden

The man who's going to save the world.

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:46 PM

I don't know if it is my age or just what I like and dislike, but I have tried several times to read this manga and for the life of me I can't understand its appeal...

You only have to look at the Oricon ranking to see that is is almost at freakin' One Piece level in sales per volume so people really love this story

seriously what do you guys get out of it that I cannot see... I really don't get it?????

If you could be more specific as to why you don't like it, that would help.

As for why I like it?

The setting really helps. There's a lot of mystery the the world, where did the titans come from? Why are they killing people? Whilst people are trying to find that out you have a conspiracy within the religious societies and a corrupt military branch of cowardly elitists that are only looking out for themselves.

The titans, I think they are an excellent enemy. Literally giant human looking creatures that kill without mercy or remorse. They are relatively lightweight and incredibly strong, not to mention their regenerative powers. Truly a very scary opponent for a soldier to go up against.

The walls. Some see them as deities and others see them as the only way to survive the titans, but the dark truth about them is still unknown to the public. The walls themselves are something that few dare to go outside of, but then you have people like Eren and Armin who cannot stand to stay caged in them all their lives.

The world seems to be Renaissance but we have this futuristic invention called 3d maneuver gear and the swords which seem far too advanced for Renaissance. You also have the titans which are obviously not a natural occurrence and supposedly first appeared 100 years ago. Could this indicate that the world is in a futuristic post apocalypse setting where society has devolved a few hundred years?

The characters are also really interesting. Jean is a great example of this. At first he was full of him self, thinking he was just going to get into the MP and live a peaceful life behind the walls, but he learned quickly why humanity is worth fighting for and became a person who can lead the fight against the titans. There's also Armin. He has a dream of being truly free and seeing the world beyond the walls. He always stayed true to this beliefs despite being ridiculed and often bullied for his dreams of life beyond the wall. The characters in general are well developed and interesting to read about.

Then there's Eren himself. As many have already realized, he will be the one to change the world. Whether this will be good or bad depends on how he continues to change. As of now he has two powerful motives driving him forward in life. There is the curiosity of the world and dream of the land past the walls that inspires him to risk everything to defeat the titans. Then there is a psychotic hate driven side which is hell bent of revenge against all of the titans. We have seen both motives give him immense power, but eventually one will overtake the other. It's Yin and Yang. One day Eren will either become a monster that lives only to kill the titans or the hero that will show humanity the bright future beyond the walls.

If there's anything that I dislike about typing this out is that the words I'm using don't do the series justice. The series, in my opinion, is a masterpiece that keeps getting better and better. I don't know what I can do to convince you that this series is amazing, perhaps I cannot. But what I will say is that those that can appreciate this manga will read it's last chapter in awe as they think about what an amazing and wonderful adventure it was. That to me is what makes a great story.

Romance_Dawn_Arc.png

"This hat means a lot to me. Promise me you'll give it back someday...

when you've become a great pirate." -Shanks

#91 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:13 PM

Because it's not like other shonen. This series doesn't have the clichè weaknesses of shonen. The main character is not all about food, not goofy and not dumb. (Funny thing, I heard Isayama actually turned down jump because they wanted to make Eren more goofy) And you can not win a battle with sheer will, like you seemingly can in other shonens. All the characters, even side-characters are well thought out and have their quirks.

The foreshadowing is also great, but hard to spot..to me at least. When Levi and Hanji are first introduced, she calls him a clean freak, she is right and it also hints that their relationship is rather close. Later we see the scouting legion on a mission after the 104th squad joined, they're in a hopeless situation and Bertholdt is about to bite his hand; before we even suspected him, but it's fun to look back at.

I also like that Isayama isn't milking or dragging out his serieskishi has a lot to learn, I think it will have around 100 chapters and then it will be done.

And one last thing, every character is grey. Even Bertholdt has a little heart somewhere, and Armin just did something really cruel to him while smiling, and with darks shadows on his face.

Edited by sushi., 10 October 2013 - 05:21 PM.

ナルサク

#92 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 06:00 PM

I got to catch up to give my two cents on everything. But as many would say, it has its own perks that makes it work great. My opinion can change the more I read/watch, but for now, I can see why in the meantime. This manga is one big story with one focus but many situations come in. That said it won't be dragged or continue very long (not counting the fact it's monthly), so it can very well end with great satisfaction. After all, you can very well tell in the intro of the series, unless they could jump the shark but strongly doubt it. I say give it a go.

#93 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 07:46 PM

I don't know how to explain it, but everything in this series is just so in sync..

ナルサク

#94 Verilance

Verilance

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:06 PM

actually I came up with a possible solution at work SnK is just a zombie apocalypse story writ large and zombies and zombie themed anything are quite possibly the stupidest things ever written

as to what I didn't like it would be shorter to say what I liked cuz the answer was nothing 

from the art to the story itself everything made me not want to continue reading it 

but I shall not continue to slag it 

it is not, nor ever will be my "cup of tea" but you people enjoy it so good on you

Edited by Verilance, 10 October 2013 - 10:07 PM.

#95 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:31 PM

This will never be your cup of tea? Don't you think that judgement is rather quick? How many chapters did you read?

ナルサク

#96 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:36 PM

Well I would like to know what is your cons. I'm not saying this is pure perfect, but I just want to understand what is it that makes you not watch/read it.

#97 Verilance

Verilance

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:51 PM

This will never be your cup of tea? Don't you think that judgement is rather quick? How many chapters did you read?

I read chapter 1 when it came out and didn't like it I came back maybe in the tens to try again still didn't like it then again in the thirties 

I have tried to understand what is it that makes it so popular but for the life of me I can't see it. 

I think the last chapter I read was the one where the girl (Anna??) turned into the titan in the city,castle walled fortress??? or whatever it is.

just trying to read the back issues to understand the flow of the story was a drag

I just don't get it but perhaps I am one of the few who it is not written for, the story does not speak to me but leaves me flat, I find the art dull and uninspiring.

I don't really want to speak ill of it cuz you guys like it but you did ask.

Edited by Verilance, 10 October 2013 - 10:53 PM.

#98 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:52 PM

Wow such a strong display of opinion to show that you are against the masses.

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#99 Verilance

Verilance

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:59 PM

I guess I have more in common with the Jump Editorial Staff that refused it  :chuckle: , I bet they are kicking themselves now considering the sales of the volumes.

though is the magazine Kodansha publishes it in (*Betasu Shonen Magazine maybe??) selling like hotcakes or are people just picking up the tanks it would be interesting to know???

*Bessatsu Shonen Magazine

Edited by Verilance, 10 October 2013 - 11:04 PM.

#100 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 01:24 AM

1. So far Shonen magazine manga ALWAYS have better story telling than jump manga.

2. The magazine this series serialize is on monthly manga so expect a better quality and the equivalent is jump sq(square).

3. I hope it's not reach 200 chapter, or it will kill the suspense just like cage of Eden or gantz.(just my opinion)

In the end this manga truly deliver the despair of mortality. So it's a good manga and deserve its popularity.
And Japanese will play significant part(mikasa).
And all human can become a Titan.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users