1 reply to this topic

#1 Dalton.T.R

Dalton.T.R

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 11:08 PM

So, I just bought a new $1,500 gaming computer a few weeks ago. It works fine for gaming, but I'm under the impression that it's too much for our internet to handle. I'm constantly having to refresh pages, making me lose a lot of the stuff I write on a site like H&E, I can't watch any Youtube videos on it, and it has taken over a week for Skyrim to download off of Steam.

Any suggestions for what internet to go with? We've had pioneer off of an Aircard router for several years now, but I think this new computer is just too much for it to handle. I live in the country...15 miles away from the nearest town. I've been thinking about setting up a gaming channel on Youtube, but I don't think I could ever upload  a video with this kind of connection.

Would another aircard be better? I'll be playing SOME online games, but not a lot. I can think of Primal Carnage, GTA online when/if it comes out on PC, and a few other games. Would Satellite or an Aircard be better for me? And how do I get them connected?

Thanks! 

#2 dylanrivers10000

dylanrivers10000

Blow this up like pyromania-def leppard

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts
  • Location:on the moon shadow and i blew up the earth, now along side the ENTIRE CALL OF DUTY FRANCHISE, and the A-TEAM
  • Interests:proving people that being stereotypical about me and bashing me is impolite, and is just rude!!!

Posted 15 July 2014 - 04:31 PM

if you have cable, you can use your cable to power your router, also gaming computers are just enhanced, just stick with the 500gb-1tb the work just as good if not better, i used this computer a windows xp home edition for a long time, i am mad/ pis**d at Microsoft about them canceling xp software updates, you can ask pretty much anyone they will say xp is/was a great PC, I'd would still get one, i play A LOT of games on this, and browse, and works fine, if you cant do cable i would prefer satellite unless you are in the Midwest otherwise aircard, it is my opinion

Neil-Young-Rockin-In-The-Fre-101219.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users