• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts
  • Interests:Stand-Up Comedy, Novel Writing.

Posted 16 June 2012 - 09:28 PM

I'm in a bit of a quandary; I've been offered to be given a newer version of Adobe Premiere Pro, yet I've been using an admittedly pirated version of Sony Vegas Pro 10 for the past few years. Should I go straight and actually get Sony Vegas Pro 11, thereby staying with an editing software I am used to, or should I go with Adobe Premiere Pro, one that I am not familiar with?

#2 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 16 June 2012 - 11:31 PM

Moving this to the Tech Forum because this is a software-related issue.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#3 Chew

Chew

^ NaLu meine lub #ever1curr

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 438 posts
  • Interests:omgawrsh y u do dis, Y U READING

Posted 17 June 2012 - 04:38 AM

Depends on what you're comfortable with. Adobe Premiere is great for users who'd like to switch in between softwares like Adobe After-Effects and Adobe Photoshop (for compositing etc). Vegas is good if you're just starting out and can't really do much of what After Effects is used for- in essence, Vegas is like Premiere and After Effects' love child, with some sacrifices between them both. Premiere is also like the linear editing system backup for After Effects; After effects is not exactly a linear editing system. SO- the bottom line here is, if you'd like to be able to switch between After Effects and Photoshop, go with Premiere. Also, Premiere handles some types of codecs better than Vegas and renders faster if you're using .avi and .mov files. Vegas is generally buggy when it comes to rendering. However, if you're just using Sony Vegas for hobby editing or are just starting out, don't switch to Premiere. Hope this helps! You can PM me for more details if you wish.
OTP and my Bby

#4 dylanrivers10000

dylanrivers10000

Blow this up like pyromania-def leppard

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts
  • Location:on the moon shadow and i blew up the earth, now along side the ENTIRE CALL OF DUTY FRANCHISE, and the A-TEAM
  • Interests:proving people that being stereotypical about me and bashing me is impolite, and is just rude!!!

Posted 08 July 2014 - 12:54 AM

Vegas because its Vegas baby just kidding adobe is much better and more user friendly, though i am a fan of Vegas pro 1 my opinion i am great with computers so i am not much help

Edited by dylanrivers10000, 08 July 2014 - 12:57 AM.

Neil-Young-Rockin-In-The-Fre-101219.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users