The One True Demi-Goddess of Misfortune

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts
  • Interests:Stuff, things, people.

https://twitter.com/Huldra_Nix

Posted 17 October 2019 - 08:12 PM

AHAHAHAHAHAHAAA 

Before Boruto: "Naruto acted like an asshat as a kid because he was lonely and had no family to teach him better or give him the attention he needed :c" 

So whats Boruto's excuse? "Uhm well uh...he's actually totally not an asshat Adult Naruto is the jerk! look we'll send Boruto into the past to meet Young Naruto and even he will be appalled by his behavior!" 

nice. 

Other than the very obvious "We need our new generation to have sad pathetic family lives so they conform to "heroic cliches."" I just don't understand why they want to keep ruining Naruto as a person, in both his past and his future. Its just so hard for me to think of Naruto before 700 and think "This is a guy who would neglect his family if he had one." 

But then I remember Naruto is dead and this is Nardo's world :zaru: 

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611991db478fd57f4321b
                                         Pls shame me for procrastinating.  :argh: 

#2942 totherpage95

totherpage95

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 906 posts

Posted 17 October 2019 - 09:57 PM

maxresdefault.jpg

how to know you're watching boruto: no one has spiky hair

#2943 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 18 October 2019 - 12:43 AM

AHAHAHAHAHAHAAA 

Before Boruto: "Naruto acted like an asshat as a kid because he was lonely and had no family to teach him better or give him the attention he needed :c" 

So whats Boruto's excuse? "Uhm well uh...he's actually totally not an asshat Adult Naruto is the jerk! look we'll send Boruto into the past to meet Young Naruto and even he will be appalled by his behavior!" 

nice. 

Other than the very obvious "We need our new generation to have sad pathetic family lives so they conform to "heroic cliches."" I just don't understand why they want to keep ruining Naruto as a person, in both his past and his future. Its just so hard for me to think of Naruto before 700 and think "This is a guy who would neglect his family if he had one." 

But then I remember Naruto is dead and this is Nardo's world :zaru:

Which this is only going to make Naruto worse. They are going to show that Naruto is the worst person ever so that Boruto can look better.

Damn. Kishimoto really does hate Naruto if he is letting them just use him like this.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#2944 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts

Posted 18 October 2019 - 01:00 AM

Nah see, Kishi don't hate Naruto. 

He just don't GAF.  :pimp:

#2945 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 18 October 2019 - 01:19 AM

Nah see, Kishi don't hate Naruto. 

He just don't GAF.  :pimp:

You're right. The opposite of love is not hate....it is indifference.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#2946 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 18 October 2019 - 02:42 AM

Which this is only going to make Naruto worse. They are going to show that Naruto is the worst person ever so that Boruto can look better.
Damn. Kishimoto really does hate Naruto if he is letting them just use him like this.

What they don't know is that bolt is still unlikable than naruto.
Plus I'm hearing himawari has kurama powers which makes no damn sense since hinata isn't a tailed beast host. Do this dumbasses not know what came before like what the manga said.
Also how the kitten is garra beast alive if all the tailed beasts but 8 tails and kurama are dead?

#2947 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts

Posted 18 October 2019 - 03:27 AM

I saw the Shukaku hat on Boruto's head in the Narusaku discord and its literally the only thing i like about Bolt.  :hehehe: 

It was cute. I want a Shukaku hat. Yea i still don't get how Mop-head and Buritto have whiskers but no Byakugan. 

#2948 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 18 October 2019 - 06:33 AM

So, I still get Boruto "news" stories recommended to me. Apparently, the first episode of this arc the set up before the time travel had Naruto say that Bolt needs to act like an adult and he behaved better when he was young. So, in my mind, this comes off to me that SP is trying to deal with some complaints about how Boruto is brattier than Naruto by showing "no, Naruto was clearly worse." Or they had so little ideas for this stupid story this could only thing they could up with.

This now means I must actually give props to the manga; at least there is progress. The Boruto Movie/Chunin exam what ever one wants to call it is suppose to be a critical point in the relationship of Father and Son. For Boruto, he finally starts to respect his father again and starts taking his role as a ninja seriously; ie stop kittening about his father nonstop and stop behaving like a brat the entire time. For Naruto, he becomes impress how far Boruto has grown, though he still see the kid needing work, and it reignites him to start spending time with his family again. We see this in the Ao arc and in the Nail arc. Though Bolt can never stop whining and grumbling entirely. Here. In the anime. Clearly that event did nothing for them, apparently, if for the anniversary arc they are going to be doing this kitten.

Yeah I can give credit where credit is due. The manga is moving along as, slow as it it. Buuut That doesn't mean much in the long run as that IS WHY FILLERS EXIST in the first place. To give the manga breathing room to work out its plot.

Edited by Phantom_999, 07 November 2019 - 02:50 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#2949 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,543 posts

Posted 18 October 2019 - 08:44 AM

You're right. The opposite of love is not hate....it is indifference.

Kishimoto gave up on Naruto after the backlash, and the fact he really couldn't do anything to change it since SP was now in charge. 

This is mostly SP doing at this point, and their short sighted-ness. Think about it. This is the filler arc celebrating 20 years of one of the biggest manga/anime IP's to ever exist. Even we are talking about it. So it is very likely that people that normally don't watch Boruto may tune in the watch this arc to see what Boruto is like. And what are they likely to get:

A story that likely going to be obsessed with trying to justify why the end pairings happened; even though it been about 5 years since they become canon.

A story that going to degrade the character that is the face of the franchise to try and justify the new main character kitten behavior because he not as bad as the old main character.

Yeah I can give credit where credit is due. The manga is moving along as slow as it it. Buuut That doesn’t much in the long run as that IS WHY FILLERS EXIST in the first place.to give the manga breathing room to work out it’s plot.

The thing is that because of how the anime and manga have created two different characters from the same one.

Let me explain:

Boruto, in the manga, comes of originally as a kid that never really had to struggle in his life that biggest complaint was that his dad was too busy. He was able to coast through life till the chunin exam happened. Due to the fact that he did have enough talent, but also because who his father was made people give him special treatment or label anything  he did as only natural because he is his father's son. Which made him not try hard because he never got a sense of accomplishment either because he was handed it or people just put it as natural again because he was his father's son. This is why the chunin exam was important. For one, Sasuke appeared he was the first adult that didn't hand him everything nor just attribute his talent to his father. Second the chunin exam, now Boruto was talent enough to be able to cost through his time as a genin but his lax attitude meant that even if he was the top of his class in the academy others had surpassed him through training. Which meant he was unfit to be in the cuhin exam and had to have his teammates -who he didn't care about- carry him through it. Then his father praised him which is something he always wanted. So to stay in the game he had to cheat because he couldn't survive the chunin exam on his own.

The importance of the Boruto movie is that it helped changed Bolt's attitude and he also got a mentor to kick him into shape.

In the anime, Boruto is the most perfect gifted beloved person to ever to exist. Top of his class from the first day. Able to fight demons, Jounin, and even kages before he even became a ninja. The only people that hate him are clearly in the wrong. This effect the chunin exam since he too perfect to lose to anyone else due to them training harder. So, they only reason he is cheating now is because of Naruto ignoring him. 

Boruto can't grow because SP will not allow Hinata's son to be anything less than perfect from the start. Which means if you don't like him at first than he is never going to be able to get better. So, the chunin exam is meaningless and only has flash that impresses people into thinking its good. 

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 18 October 2019 - 09:57 AM.

#2950 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 18 October 2019 - 01:24 PM

Kishimoto gave up on Naruto after the backlash, and the fact he really couldn't do anything to change it since SP was now in charge. 

This is mostly SP doing at this point, and their short sighted-ness. Think about it. This is the filler arc celebrating 20 years of one of the biggest manga/anime IP's to ever exist. Even we are talking about it. So it is very likely that people that normally don't watch Boruto may tune in the watch this arc to see what Boruto is like. And what are they likely to get:

A story that likely going to be obsessed with trying to justify why the end pairings happened; even though it been about 5 years since they become canon.

A story that going to degrade the character that is the face of the franchise to try and justify the new main character kitten behavior because he not as bad as the old main character.

The thing is that because of how the anime and manga have created two different characters from the same one.

Let me explain:

Boruto, in the manga, comes of originally as a kid that never really had to struggle in his life that biggest complaint was that his dad was too busy. He was able to coast through life till the chunin exam happened. Due to the fact that he did have enough talent, but also because who his father was made people give him special treatment or label anything  he did as only natural because he is his father's son. Which made him not try hard because he never got a sense of accomplishment either because he was handed it or people just put it as natural again because he was his father's son. This is why the chunin exam was important. For one, Sasuke appeared he was the first adult that didn't hand him everything nor just attribute his talent to his father. Second the chunin exam, now Boruto was talent enough to be able to cost through his time as a genin but his lax attitude meant that even if he was the top of his class in the academy others had surpassed him through training. Which meant he was unfit to be in the cuhin exam and had to have his teammates -who he didn't care about- carry him through it. Then his father praised him which is something he always wanted. So to stay in the game he had to cheat because he couldn't survive the chunin exam on his own.

The importance of the Boruto movie is that it helped changed Bolt's attitude and he also got a mentor to kick him into shape.

In the anime, Boruto is the most perfect gifted beloved person to ever to exist. Top of his class from the first day. Able to fight demons, Jounin, and even kages before he even became a ninja. The only people that hate him are clearly in the wrong. This effect the chunin exam since he too perfect to lose to anyone else due to them training harder. So, they only reason he is cheating now is because of Naruto ignoring him. 

Boruto can't grow because SP will not allow Hinata's son to be anything less than perfect from the start. Which means if you don't like him at first than he is never going to be able to get better. So, the chunin exam is meaningless and only has flash that impresses people into thinking its good.

So much for hard work out doing gifted ones that's why shinachiku is better. I feel this series is doing anything it wants and not caring.

#2951 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts

Posted 18 October 2019 - 01:25 PM

I saw the Shukaku hat on Boruto's head in the Narusaku discord and its literally the only thing i like about Bolt.  :hehehe: 
It was cute. I want a Shukaku hat. Yea i still don't get how Mop-head and Buritto have whiskers but no Byakugan.

Actually himawari has her byakugan she awakened it even I've heard that's not how that works.

#2952 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 18 October 2019 - 01:40 PM

Let me explain:

True enough, Boruto seems like a completely different character when between the manga and anime iterations, thanks for the info. My question is  Since I believe the anime is gong to follow the manga regardless, considering fillers are not needed if it was it's own continuity, how will ANY of this BS affect how the canon material is portrayed.  Hmm, well whatever. 

And again it;s is SOOOO Funny how SP is doing but making excuse after excuse in the anime about how NH and SS are the perfect couples. when the manga at least is focusing on the story, as cringing as it is. I can't say I like the manga's art style but if I HAD TO recommend one or the other I say, well the manga at least is trying to go some where with its story. It at least isn't wasting your time with "irrelevant events" 

#2953 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,543 posts

Posted 18 October 2019 - 03:21 PM

True enough, Boruto seems like a completely different character when between the manga and anime iterations, thanks for the info. My question is  Since I believe the anime is gong to follow the manga regardless, considering fillers are not needed if it was it's own continuity, how will ANY of this BS affect how the canon material is portrayed.  Hmm, well whatever. 

And again it;s is SOOOO Funny how SP is doing but making excuse after excuse in the anime about how NH and SS are the perfect couples. when the manga at least is focusing on the story, as cringing as it is. I can't say I like the manga's art style but if I HAD TO recommend one or the other I say, well the manga at least is trying to go some where with its story. It at least isn't wasting your time with "irrelevant events" 

You don't remember Naruto? Their was differences in characters' characterization in the manga and anime. Look what happened with that.

After actually read and watching both; I would just recommend someone do something else after glancing through one or the other to get a sense of what Boruto is like.

#2954 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts

Posted 18 October 2019 - 03:39 PM

Actually himawari has her byakugan she awakened it even I've heard that's not how that works.

Last i knew Its really not supposed to work like that. The Byakugan was different from the Sharingan--you didn't need to awaken it and it doesn't turn on and off. its there from the start.
Whiskers still don't make sense. 

#2955 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 18 October 2019 - 03:59 PM

You don't remember Naruto? Their was differences in characters' characterization in the manga and anime. Look what happened with that.

After actually read and watching both; I would just recommend someone do something else after glancing through one or the other to get a sense of what Boruto is like.

Oh yeah I remember. But Naruto didn't drastically the characters to be completely different from what I remember. not to the extent that Boruto differs between the adaptations anyway.

And definitely I would not recommend Boruto in general at all. I meant that if there were no other options for me to recommend except Boruto and that I MUST recommend Boruto, I'd say the manga with all things considered, but I won't lie, the art makes me cringe.

Edited by Phantom_999, 18 October 2019 - 07:41 PM.

#2956 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,543 posts

Posted 19 October 2019 - 12:19 AM

Last i knew Its really not supposed to work like that. The Byakugan was different from the Sharingan--you didn't need to awaken it and it doesn't turn on and off. its there from the start.

The byakugan was so under-explored in Naruto they are pretty much able to make any excuse because other than gut feeling on how it should be their nothing really to contradict it; unless their is something in the databook.

Oh yeah I remember. But Naruto didn't drastically the characters to be completely different from what I remember. not to the extent that Boruto differs between the adaptations anyway.

And definitely I would not recommend Boruto in general at all. I meant that if there were no other options for me to recommend except Boruto and that I MUST recommend Boruto, I'd say the manga with all things considered, but I won't lie, the art makes me cringe.

Flanderization was more common in that, but the thing the resulted from it was the anime was able to take control of the story. You don't think they want to do that with Boruto?

To be honest the monthly wait for each chapter would be what turns me off recommending the manga to someone that honestly wants to read it. I would have stopped the summaries all together if I had to wait a month to do a summary of chapter 37. The anime is at least weekly and once you watch one or two episodes at best arcs you know what you're getting.

#2957 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts

Posted 19 October 2019 - 01:03 AM

Well, it always seemed a given that the Byakugan was just the inherent eye setting format hyuuga since they are featured as young kids with them all weird, pupiless and silver.

The only way to tell they are being used are the vein bulges.

#2958 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,543 posts

Posted 19 October 2019 - 01:40 AM

Well, it always seemed a given that the Byakugan was just the inherent eye setting format hyuuga since they are featured as young kids with them all weird, pupiless and silver.

The only way to tell they are being used are the vein bulges.

Again, that is both a gut feeling and an assumption based on logic. However, if it was not clarified in the story or the databooks. It is with in their right to make it work like they are doing...no matter how stupid it is.

#2959 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts

Posted 19 October 2019 - 02:53 AM

Well it is Boruto: the next retcon so w/e :zaru:

#2960 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts

Posted 19 October 2019 - 03:03 AM

the whiskers are big problem since they shouldn't have them since Naruto got them when he was in kushina who was kurama host and last I checked hinata wasn't a tailed beast host.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users