74 replies to this topic

#1 winter-serenade

winter-serenade

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 07:21 PM

So, Sasuke seems to be a really controversial character on this forum. So I decided that it'd be pretty nice to have a discussion about him. 

My personal opinion is a bit torn. I really didn't like him during Shippudden, I liked him when he wasn't so obsessed with revenge. Early Part 1 was really good for him. Alhough I could understand his reasons for his downfall into revenge, I wish he had handled it a bit differently. 

Overally, I'm pretty neutral about him. I don't hate him despite what he did. What about you guys?

#2 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 07:52 PM

I can write for hours to explain everything wrong with him, but I'll sum it up in just one word, well actually two words to cover two bases.

Moron. - As a person in the story.

Useless. - As a character in the story.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#3 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 07:55 PM

I don't hate him, I HATE THAT the story was revolved around him, when it shouldn't be (before the entire story was butchered to revolve around HINATA-SAMA that is). I don't think Naruto's friendship with him or Sakura's crush on him was realistic or believable. I think Naruto and Sasuke should have been pure rivals without any of that "Oh I have such a connected secret bromance with you that I can never admit to your face!", and should have actually become friends over the course of the story if not at the end, and Sakura should have realized that what she felt for him was not love, but a shallow obsession because she pours her heart out to him and he doesn't care nor symathize with her, and after that move on to fall in love with Naruto as she SHOULD HAVE. Sasuke isn't too a bad of a character per say, but who he is and what he means to the other 2 main characters was exaggerated and unnecessary. Plus his whole character and story arc was ruined because his entire family had to be an huge sob story of anti-villains

Edited by Phantom_999, 23 December 2017 - 02:41 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#4 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

The One True Demi-Goddess of Misfortune

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts
  • Interests:Stuff, things, people.

https://twitter.com/Huldra_Nix

Posted 08 December 2017 - 07:56 PM

I actually used to like Sasuke in part one. I wasn't even adverse to shipping SS along with NS since at the time it didn't seem like there was much canon support for one over the other. And then Sasuke went nuts and tried to kill Naruto the first time. And I disliked him. And then he threatened him a second time. and then EVERY appearance he made after reinforced that fact that he was a bad person and toxic to the people who cared about him most. 

So Like turned to "meh" and meh turned to "please die already." 

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611991db478fd57f4321b
                                         Pls shame me for procrastinating.  :argh: 

#5 RidiculouslyBored

RidiculouslyBored

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, games, literature (Harry Potter will always hold a special place in my heart), ice cream, strawberry cheesecake, sports (Tom Brady, Russell Westbrook, Dwyane Wade, Kobe Bryant are my favorite athletes)

Posted 08 December 2017 - 08:13 PM

Ugh...

Sasuke Uchiha is one of the hardest characters for me to admit that I like only because of the writer(s) who seemed to be very biased towards his character. I got Uchiha fatigue after a while and he was a big part of that. Almost everything became about him post time skip. Naruto and Sakura became Sasuke obsessed and everything was about getting him back when the story probably would have been better served if they hadn't gone that route.

His decisions were understandable, he had some of the most memorable scenes in the entire story, and his development was solid (one could make the argument that he got the most development of any of the main cast of characters). To say nothing of his battles which I enjoyed.

That said, most of his past actions get glossed over too easily for my personal liking. I don't feel that he was ever TRULY punished for anything he had done. Everything had a reason/excuse for why it happened when it happened as it pertained to him.

He gets some of the best moments in the series. Naruto and peers were made to look inferior/incompetent whenever he was on the screen. He can do no wrong, he's the stoic bad boy who gets everything. The power, the girls, the looks, etc.(a bit shallow perhaps but when I'm reading a shounen manga, my priorities change).

Obviously his circumstances weren't ideal but it just all became so melodramatic after a while. He exhausted me.

Edited by RidiculouslyBored, 08 December 2017 - 08:14 PM.

#6 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 08:14 PM

Couldn't have said that better my self :smile:

#7 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 01:30 AM

The one I hate is not Sasuke, but Kishimoto. And not even for giving things to Sasuke. More so for giving things to Hinata. Sasuke's status as the author's favorite character would have been fine if NHSS didn't have to happen. It could have been something to joke about if he wasn't forced into a pairing that makes no sense so that he could produce a kid. He's just another victim of Kishi spinelessness.

#8 thelordofspace72

thelordofspace72

Light Paladin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 05:48 PM

Sasuke is one of the worst fictional characters ever written. The events of his life are incomprehensible, he even did not resist the deceit of Madara, Sasuke thinks only of himself from the beginning, the only thing left him (anger, revenge, hatred, mad hatred, arrogance, deviation, tyranny). :confused:  :confused:

In fact I was thinking of alternative names for manga which are "uchiha shippuden", "sharingun", "sasuke uchiha". Because all events involve these things. :lmao:  :lmao:

#9 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 06:14 PM

I hate Sasuke as a character and I hate Sasuke as Kishimoto has written him.

The dude is pathetic...all bark and no bite. How many times did he exact his revenge, but in typical fashion let pride get the better of him. Ever since the Itachi fight he was being such a "convenient plot point."

To make long story short, the final straw that pissed me off about Sasuke was the kitten reasons for him to change a path and then say that Naruto was the only one who could get to him. There was that part when Sasuke is like "I am going to destroy Konoha for what they did to the Uchiha. My family" and then it just so happens that Edo Tensei Itachi just so happens to cross his path in a random forest. MY HOW CONVENIENT. (I say this alot, because that is how Naruto has become story wise. One convenience after another.) So Sasuke chases down Itachi for answers ad then helps defeat Kabuto to release the ET. Bullcrap. I can take Madara's asspulls over Sasuke plot convenience any day. At least Madara is a villain that actually follows through.

Sasuke is just a pathetic line straddler and never ever was able to be something more than just a mild inconvenience to Naruto to which Naruto probably could have killed him at any time, but wouldn't because "Saskeeeeh is my boyfriend my brother and only best friend."

It pisses me off just thinking about it. Behind Hinata, he is my second most hated character in the series.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#10 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 06:15 PM

So, Sasuke seems to be a really controversial character on this forum. So I decided that it'd be pretty nice to have a discussion about him. 

My personal opinion is a bit torn. I really didn't like him during Shippudden, I liked him when he wasn't so obsessed with revenge. Early Part 1 was really good for him. Alhough I could understand his reasons for his downfall into revenge, I wish he had handled it a bit differently. 

Overally, I'm pretty neutral about him. I don't hate him despite what he did. What about you guys?

I feel as you do, Winter, but I feel mostly sorry for Sasuke. Even if I get why he did what he did too, he just kept trying to hurt others all yo make HIMSELF feel better, and how it allowed people to manipulate him effortlessly.

And the fact all he thinks of most of the time is himself doesn't help his case. If anything, Sasuke is at his best as he fights with Taka, when he is willing to protect them because they would do it for him, even when he forced them (mostly Jugo and Suigetsu really) to join him because of his own cowardice.

I also had wished he got over his superiority/inferior complex both towards Itachi and Baruto, but also to anyone else he couldn't beat, since even if he kept getting praise after the massacre, he didn't get humility or the lesson "there's always someone stronger than you".

Edited by Bryon_Konoha_Ninja, 09 December 2017 - 06:21 PM.

#11 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 10:07 PM

I hate Sasuke as a character and I hate Sasuke as Kishimoto has written him.

The dude is pathetic...all bark and no bite. How many times did he exact his revenge, but in typical fashion let pride get the better of him. Ever since the Itachi fight he was being such a "convenient plot point."

To make long story short, the final straw that pissed me off about Sasuke was the kitten reasons for him to change a path and then say that Naruto was the only one who could get to him. There was that part when Sasuke is like "I am going to destroy Konoha for what they did to the Uchiha. My family" and then it just so happens that Edo Tensei Itachi just so happens to cross his path in a random forest. MY HOW CONVENIENT. (I say this alot, because that is how Naruto has become story wise. One convenience after another.) So Sasuke chases down Itachi for answers ad then helps defeat Kabuto to release the ET. Bullcrap. I can take Madara's asspulls over Sasuke plot convenience any day. At least Madara is a villain that actually follows through.

Sasuke is just a pathetic line straddler and never ever was able to be something more than just a mild inconvenience to Naruto to which Naruto probably could have killed him at any time, but wouldn't because "Saskeeeeh is my boyfriend my brother and only best friend."

It pisses me off just thinking about it. Behind Hinata, he is my second most hated character in the series.

You don't need to say you hate Sasuke as a character if you already hate how the Creator has always written him :excited: just saying. :P After all if you hate the writing for the character than you already hate the character, but you CAN hate the character though at least TOLERATE the writing for them

Edited by Phantom_999, 09 December 2017 - 10:09 PM.

#12 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 01:07 AM

There not much to discuss about Sasuke unless someone brings him up. He personally is a very bland character that unless you think he sexy just kind of falls into the background. He is both written, his involvement in the plot, and his personal story is stupid.

#13 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,490 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 10 December 2017 - 01:28 AM

There not much to discuss about Sasuke unless someone brings him up. He personally is a very bland character that unless you think he sexy just kind of falls into the background. He is both written, his involvement in the plot, and his personal story is stupid.

That Kishi fell in love with and gave him almost eveything cause Kishi thought that the Uchiha clan was so god damn cool, oh and wanted nothing bad to happen to Sasuke either.

#14 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 01:56 AM

That Kishi fell in love with and gave him almost eveything cause Kishi thought that the Uchiha clan was so god damn cool, oh and wanted nothing bad to happen to Sasuke either.

It's pathetic how he doesn't even lose to Naruto. It was a draw. Would he really have looked so bad if he just lost? And then of course Sakura heals him even though Naruto's arm was destroyed. It's way too much when every single other character is a slave to Sasuke's ego.

#15 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 03:11 AM

I don't hate nor like him.

He's cool by design and character.
He's pretty much epitome of rival by kishi writing. You will find every element you can find in the rival character from popular work.

He's pretty much author favorite character. And the true hero and main character of this manga in part 2.

#16 RulesofNature

RulesofNature

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 05:38 AM

It's really hard to put my feelings about Sasuke into words. It's not hate with me, it's more frustration. Up until the end game he was fine, but after Itachi's revival I dunno. It really felt like Kishi didn't know what to do with the character or how to do it, so Sasuke's writing meanders around without clear direction. Throw in Uchiha wank, his powerlevel jumping up to match Naruto's massive increases, and the ending it feels like the staff was too enamored with him for his own good. Not to mention it didn't feel like Kishi understood the severity of Sasuke's crimes, instead trying to smokescreen everything with "forgiveness."

There was potential for a good character there, but I think towards the end Kishi was just tired of the entire series and Sasuke is among his victims.

iSP2FNe.png

Just making your day a little brighter.

#17 FireFox

FireFox

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,356 posts
  • Interests:Music:Trance&Progressive: Armin Van Buren ASOT,Aly&Fila FSOE,Andrew Rayel,Giuseppe Ottaviani
    Movies: The Last Samurai,Lord of the Rings,The Hobbit,Marvel.
    Movie Series: Game of Thrones,Spartacus,The Mentalist,NCIS,The Big Bang Theory,How I Met Your Mother.
    Manga: Naruto,Gintama.
    Parings: NaruSaku,MinaKushi,GinTae,ZuraKyubei

Posted 10 December 2017 - 10:57 AM

I have only one word to describe him CANCER!!!

He's a CANCER to the story, CANCER to all the characters around him, CANCER to the plot. The constant need to bring everything and everyone down just so he can shine not to mention all the arspulls involving him was just utter crap, he had the potential to be a good villain but in the end his character was just a waste of time and space thrown down into the sewer where all of this story belongs.   

UnequaledAmpleClingfish-max-1mb.gif  

Posted Image                                                            

" I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#18 Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Solo Leveler

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, manhwa, manhua, video games, novels, web novels, 3D comics, drones and RC driving. Writing web novels.

Posted 10 December 2017 - 11:04 AM

I do share everyone's opinion.

However, Sasuke makes a good replica and inspiration for my antagonist Lancelot from my GoM webnovel.

@FireFox: Been ages since I see you posed on the open/main topics. You, Rikudou and Ramenatsu tear it up in Chatte's TL Thread  :D

Edited by Konoha'sCrimsonFox, 10 December 2017 - 11:07 AM.

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952upk4zqyleuyocv60f0z

"My name is Sung Ji-woo. Some called me the Assassin of Death. A Necromancer Deity... My journey has been nothing but walking over a mountain of corpses. My legion of the dead reigns supreme. None shall block my way or... face the wrath of my blades!" --Solo Leveling.

#19 FireFox

FireFox

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,356 posts
  • Interests:Music:Trance&Progressive: Armin Van Buren ASOT,Aly&Fila FSOE,Andrew Rayel,Giuseppe Ottaviani
    Movies: The Last Samurai,Lord of the Rings,The Hobbit,Marvel.
    Movie Series: Game of Thrones,Spartacus,The Mentalist,NCIS,The Big Bang Theory,How I Met Your Mother.
    Manga: Naruto,Gintama.
    Parings: NaruSaku,MinaKushi,GinTae,ZuraKyubei

Posted 10 December 2017 - 11:54 AM

@FireFox: Been ages since I see you posed on the open/main topics. You, Rikudou and Ramenatsu tear it up in Chatte's TL Thread  :D

:lol: I sure miss those two  :excited: . I know right ever since that ending I dropped everything Naruto related that's 2-3 years almost, I wouldn't even be here if it wasn't for my broken leg, I'm getting to bored and there's nothing else that I can do so this is my source of entertainment for now  :argh: apart from rewatching Gintama again which is always my main source :excited: . 

Posted Image                                                            

" I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#20 Azor Ahai

Azor Ahai

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 02:12 AM

Quite honestly, I think he would have been a much better character if Kishimoto had given him a mustache.

Edited by Azor Ahai, 13 December 2017 - 02:12 AM.

tumblr_p7wkb2FRTk1r3exqoo1_500.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sasuke uchiha, uchiha sasuke, discussion, opinions

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users