Close
Photo

Who's prettier, Sakura or Hinata?

Sakura Haruno Hinata Hyuga Shippuden

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

Poll: Who's prettier, Sakura or Hinata? (83 member(s) have cast votes)

Click 1! lol

1. Sakura (76 votes [91.57%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 91.57%

2. Hinata (7 votes [8.43%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.43%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 ns.Believe.It

ns.Believe.It

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,320 posts
  • Interests:Coding, Long walks, Driving.
    Arsenal FC.

Posted 11 August 2014 - 05:15 PM

I shall now announce the results of the poll. The winner is... Hinata!

In an Au maybe  :chuckle:

tumblr_mzzew0nSyr1t3jjq1o1_500.gif

'No matter what I do, I guess Happiness is a feeling that I'll never experience'

#62 Kyaerai

Kyaerai

My faith in humanity.

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 05:19 PM

In an Au maybe  :chuckle:

hinata_road_to_ninja_finished_by_crossyu

XDDD

WqQwzgf.gif

#63 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 05:39 PM

Sakura for me ^_^

I don't really like Hinata's eyes.....and her fashion isn't that great to me....

but at least she covers up, unlike some big boob anime girls...(I'm looking at you Orihime)  :hm:

Edited by merryGOflava, 11 August 2014 - 05:40 PM.

tumblr_mp2s5jvShD1svjcb7o1_250.gif

#64 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 06:07 PM

hinata_road_to_ninja_finished_by_crossyu
XDDD

This is becoming an issue. Our rules have restrictions about gif only posts and while this isn't a gif, the idea is the same. If you have nothing of substance to add then don't post.

#65 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 06:28 PM

I described a heroine.  There's no such thing as "perfect."  No one is perfect, even fictional characters.  

Sakura has flaws, and makes mistakes, but that does not mean she is not independent.  The fact that she makes her own choices (even if they're wrong), and takes chances (even if they're not the best), and wants to prove herself (even to people who may not be worthy) is a reflection of personal independence.

What are the flaws then?
You said "She's pretty, clever, athletic, strong, capable, independent, and tough, and yet she is still feminine."
There's no room for flaws here, i always laugh at people saying Sakura has flaws but give pratically every positive trait to her.
Everyone on this manga make their own choices it doesnt make them independent and as an observation she didnt wanted to prove herself she wanted to prover herself to Naruto and Sasuke.
Her solely existence and will to life resolves around the team 7, she has no goals whatesover and her solely purpose on the entire part 2 was to help Naruto.
Aside from that nothing else more, not even personal development because all that she gets is pairing romance.

Her development as shinobi stopped on the ned of part 1 after Sasuke left and she went to train with Tsunade.
Once again because of Naruto her current reason of existence.
After that Kishimoto made it seem he was going to keep developing her on this part but no he stopped and i can simply give a brief explanation of her development on the pat 2, which is stopping loving Sasuke and fall in love with Naruto nothing else more.
It was revisited again on this arc when Kishimoto revisited her vow on the forest of death but was throw into a trash can right after she recklessly charged at Madara.

I will take Sakura, a girl who keeps moving forward -- even if she does so imperfectly -- over Hinata any day, a girl who stutters, cowers, and is constantly consumed with self-doubt while making the same damning mistakes as Sakura.

Sakura is not moving forwards she's struck on the team 7 dream since part 1, she dreams of a reunited team 7 which is her wish and have no other personal goals ever.
Even the reason to be strong is related to it.

Hinata also "lets her emotions get the best of her in dire situations to prevent her from showing her inteligence on situations where she wants to prove herself."  Hinata has the same flaws for which you vilify Sakura, while also lacking any of the strength, leadership, or capability.

I'm not even talking about Hinata but since you bought up that, she has those flaws too.

Oh, and this part: "she was never shown to be 'independent and clever'"  -- is BS.  Sakura is both.  You appear to be intentionally conflating occasional errors in judgment and personal weakness with dependence and stupidity.  Not the same at all.

I explained the whole independent thing if we go by your explanation of being independent then even Hinata is independent too, and the clever thing is for people who are capable of making rational decisions even under emotional pressure and Sakura was never able to do it.

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 11 August 2014 - 06:31 PM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#66 KnS

KnS

感じの作家

• ANBU
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Writing

Posted 11 August 2014 - 10:02 PM

What are the flaws then?
You said "She's pretty, clever, athletic, strong, capable, independent, and tough, and yet she is still feminine."
There's no room for flaws here, i always laugh at people saying Sakura has flaws but give pratically every positive trait to her.

In my opinion she is all those things.  However, having positive traits does not mean that you demonstrate them at all times.

Is every girl who is considered "pretty" super pretty when she wakes up in the morning?  When her hair is greasy and she's sick?  No.  But just because there are times when she doesn't look her best, does that mean she is categorically not pretty?  No.  Pretty girls have bad hair days, get acne, etc., and don't look perfect every second of every day but they're still considered pretty.

The same is true for all the other characteristics I mentioned.  A girl can be clever and still make a bone-headed decision from time to time.  (Even the notorious anti-Sakura Narutopedia concedes that, "Sakura's scholastic intelligence is hardly rivalled by any of her peers.") A girl can be athletic but still not be good at every sport or physical challenge.  A girl can be independent and still feel the basic human need to connect with other people and want their approval or companionship.

I'm not listing or discussing Sakura's flaws here because this topic is about who is prettier -- Sakura or Hinata.  For me, there's much more to beauty or attraction than the aesthetics of physical appearance, and Sakura has more going for her in just about every category than Hinata.

Everyone on this manga make their own choices it doesnt make them independent and as an observation she didnt wanted to prove herself she wanted to prover herself to Naruto and Sasuke.
Her solely existence and will to life resolves around the team 7, she has no goals whatesover and her solely purpose on the entire part 2 was to help Naruto.
Aside from that nothing else more, not even personal development because all that she gets is pairing romance.

You seem to be missing the point of why she wants to help Naruto.  There's a lot more to it than "pairing romance."

Her development as shinobi stopped on the ned of part 1 after Sasuke left and she went to train with Tsunade.
Once again because of Naruto her current reason of existence.
After that Kishimoto made it seem he was going to keep developing her on this part but no he stopped and i can simply give a brief explanation of her development on the pat 2, which is stopping loving Sasuke and fall in love with Naruto nothing else more.
It was revisited again on this arc when Kishimoto revisited her vow on the forest of death but was throw into a trash can right after she recklessly charged at Madara.

Sakura is not moving forwards she's struck on the team 7 dream since part 1, she dreams of a reunited team 7 which is her wish and have no other personal goals ever.
Even the reason to be strong is related to it.

I don't view any of those examples the same way you do.  I don't find Sakura's personal goals to be any more limited in nature than Kishimoto has made any other character's goals when their individual backgrounds are taken into consideration.  Characterization is not merely a succession of individual actions to be analyzed; characterization is comprehensive, and takes everthing we know about a person into perspective.

Kishimoto has made it clear that Sakura was a "normal" kid with a normal life.  She isn't defined by any trauma in her childhood, the same way as Sasuke or Naruto.  The two boys have bigger, much talked about "personal goals" because of their backgrounds and the angst it has caused them.  That's what drives them.  

So what should drive Sakura?  She has no need for revenge.  She didn't suffer the cruelty and loneliness of being feared and shunned by her community.  Become a ninja?  Academic excellence?  She nailed it.  Ninja skills?  She is known to have excellent chakra control and an affinity for resisting genjutsu.  Train with a Kage to develope a special, rare set of skills?  She nailed it.  

Because Sakura is normal, she has rather pedestrian goals by comparison.  When she was young she wanted the attention of the most popular boy, and now that she's older she wants to keep up with the two strongest ninja of her generation.  But that is hardly all Sakura is about.  Again, I don't think you get why she considers supporting Naruto to be her most important goal.

I explained the whole independent thing if we go by your explanation of being independent then even Hinata is independent too

I agree that Hinata has shown true independence, but only once -- when she defied her body guard and interfered in Naruto's fight with Pain when she was sure to be struck down.  Otherwise, no.  Hinata's entire characterization is overshadowed by her dependence on others to protect, comfort, support, and inspire her in even the most basic ways.

and the clever thing is for people who are capable of making rational decisions even under emotional pressure and Sakura was never able to do it.

Perhaps that is how you define clever, but that's not what the word actually means.  What you're talking about is more like collected or unflappable -- which I never said described Sakura.  She does make mistakes in moments of crisis, no doubt.

In general, your comments about Sakura -- and the whole manga, for that matter -- are mostly negative, so I don't expect anything I say to make any difference.  It's just my opinion anyway.

#67 dylanrivers10000

dylanrivers10000

Blow this up like pyromania-def leppard

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts
  • Location:on the moon shadow and i blew up the earth, now along side the ENTIRE CALL OF DUTY FRANCHISE, and the A-TEAM
  • Interests:proving people that being stereotypical about me and bashing me is impolite, and is just rude!!!

Posted 15 August 2014 - 03:00 AM

In my opinion she is all those things.  However, having positive traits does not mean that you demonstrate them at all times.

Is every girl who is considered "pretty" super pretty when she wakes up in the morning?  When her hair is greasy and she's sick?  No.  But just because there are times when she doesn't look her best, does that mean she is categorically not pretty?  No.  Pretty girls have bad hair days, get acne, etc., and don't look perfect every second of every day but they're still considered pretty.

The same is true for all the other characteristics I mentioned.  A girl can be clever and still make a bone-headed decision from time to time.  (Even the notorious anti-Sakura Narutopedia concedes that, "Sakura's scholastic intelligence is hardly rivalled by any of her peers.") A girl can be athletic but still not be good at every sport or physical challenge.  A girl can be independent and still feel the basic human need to connect with other people and want their approval or companionship.

I'm not listing or discussing Sakura's flaws here because this topic is about who is prettier -- Sakura or Hinata.  For me, there's much more to beauty or attraction than the aesthetics of physical appearance, and Sakura has more going for her in just about every category than Hinata.

You seem to be missing the point of why she wants to help Naruto.  There's a lot more to it than "pairing romance."

I don't view any of those examples the same way you do.  I don't find Sakura's personal goals to be any more limited in nature than Kishimoto has made any other character's goals when their individual backgrounds are taken into consideration.  Characterization is not merely a succession of individual actions to be analyzed; characterization is comprehensive, and takes everthing we know about a person into perspective.

Kishimoto has made it clear that Sakura was a "normal" kid with a normal life.  She isn't defined by any trauma in her childhood, the same way as Sasuke or Naruto.  The two boys have bigger, much talked about "personal goals" because of their backgrounds and the angst it has caused them.  That's what drives them.  

So what should drive Sakura?  She has no need for revenge.  She didn't suffer the cruelty and loneliness of being feared and shunned by her community.  Become a ninja?  Academic excellence?  She nailed it.  Ninja skills?  She is known to have excellent chakra control and an affinity for resisting genjutsu.  Train with a Kage to develope a special, rare set of skills?  She nailed it.  

Because Sakura is normal, she has rather pedestrian goals by comparison.  When she was young she wanted the attention of the most popular boy, and now that she's older she wants to keep up with the two strongest ninja of her generation.  But that is hardly all Sakura is about.  Again, I don't think you get why she considers supporting Naruto to be her most important goal.

I agree that Hinata has shown true independence, but only once -- when she defied her body guard and interfered in Naruto's fight with Pain when she was sure to be struck down.  Otherwise, no.  Hinata's entire characterization is overshadowed by her dependence on others to protect, comfort, support, and inspire her in even the most basic ways.

Perhaps that is how you define clever, but that's not what the word actually means.  What you're talking about is more like collected or unflappable -- which I never said described Sakura.  She does make mistakes in moments of crisis, no doubt.

In general, your comments about Sakura -- and the whole manga, for that matter -- are mostly negative, so I don't expect anything I say to make any difference.  It's just my opinion anyway.

Lots of quotes

Neil-Young-Rockin-In-The-Fre-101219.jpg

#68 The Deity Zero

The Deity Zero

Diety of Jutsu

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Interests:Taking over the world, blood, murder, darkness etc.

Not really.

Favorite Naruto characters: Rock Lee, Hinata, Guy, Kakashi, Gaara

Posted 16 August 2014 - 01:19 PM

Yay I'm one of the 4 people that voted Hinata. Sakura is 2nd place for me. I'm more into cute than beautiful personally. (Also, ITS NOT CUZ OF HER CHEST XD)
BELIEVE IT

#69 luffyq1

luffyq1

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,371 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 01:22 PM

Yay I'm one of the 4 people that voted Hinata. Sakura is 2nd place for me. I'm more into cute than beautiful personally. (Also, ITS NOT CUZ OF HER CHEST XD)

lol

Untitled_zpsbc671263.png

#70 Raito

Raito

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • Interests:Playing Football(Soccer)®

Posted 16 August 2014 - 04:57 PM

I will have to say Sakura is prettier but RTN Hinata, ls hot.  :sweat:

Fate%2Bstay%2Bnight%2B6.gif

#71 The Deity Zero

The Deity Zero

Diety of Jutsu

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Not really.

Posted 16 August 2014 - 11:01 PM

RtN Hinata is ABSOLUTELY PERFECT. She's waaaaaaaay better than canon Hinata in my opinion. I'd explain why but I don't like explaining thigs.
BELIEVE IT

#72 Sedna

Sedna

Nostalgic

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts
  • Interests:Birds.

Posted 16 August 2014 - 11:09 PM

I actually dont like either Hinata in looks. :P

Edited by Savannah101, 16 August 2014 - 11:09 PM.

#73 The Deity Zero

The Deity Zero

Diety of Jutsu

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Not really.

Posted 16 August 2014 - 11:42 PM

I actually dont like either Hinata in looks. :P

fite me irl 1v1
BELIEVE IT

#74 Sedna

Sedna

Nostalgic

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts
  • Interests:Birds.

Posted 17 August 2014 - 12:42 AM

fite me irl 1v1

What??

#75 M E E S H O O

M E E S H O O

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:Read Naruto and Bleach, watch Inuyasha and Kyojin no shingeki, NaruSaku, IchiHime, Inuyasha and Kagome ..

Posted 17 August 2014 - 02:40 AM

Sakura in movie 7 design her very beautiful ..

#76 The Deity Zero

The Deity Zero

Diety of Jutsu

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Not really.

Posted 17 August 2014 - 02:44 AM

Still like Road to Ninja Hinata. Kishi should totally expand on RtN after he finishes up Shippuden. It's just so funny XD
BELIEVE IT

#77 KonaKonaFan

KonaKonaFan

ve/ver

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Interests:you

Posted 23 August 2014 - 09:01 PM

Neither, NERDS. I prefer REAL WOMEN

LIKE RIHANNA 

RIHANNA IS THE MOST ATTRACTIVE NARUTO FEMALE

475919222_270572.gif

kawaii as HELL

eileenbeautifulswan_zps46b60759.gif

#78 Namikaze Sakura

Namikaze Sakura

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 01:07 PM

Hinata is pretty and cute, but I've always seen Sakura on another level. Since she was introduced in the anime (I got to see her first in the anime) I've have regarded her as someone beautiful (and refreshing). The next girl I've regarded as such is Kushina. 

Well most probably my criteria for it doesnt solely rely on physical aspect... their personalities may have been a huge consideration for me. :)

#79 BooChans

BooChans

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 58 posts
  • Interests:Drawing and VolleyBall

Posted 26 August 2014 - 04:22 PM

I'd say Hinata!
It's Ok Hinata, You still have people on your side!

#80 dreamteax3

dreamteax3

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Interests:Puella Magi Madoka Magica

Posted 08 November 2014 - 08:09 PM

Hinata is definitely prettier though, I hate to say but you are all biased because Sakura is involved in NS xD Hinata has big boobs, a pretty face, big eyes etc and overall shes just much more prettier. Also, I like Hinata better than Sakura even though I like NaruSaku because the main reason why I like NaruSaku is Naruto. Naruto is my fav character.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Sakura Haruno, Hinata Hyuga, Shippuden

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users