Close
Photo

From a writing standpoint, what exactly is the appeal of Naruto and Hinata?

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#41 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 09:21 PM

Naruto confessed to Sakura? Since when?

It was implied that he confessed to her, but never shown.

In the last retcon and if I'm not mistaken in one of the novels.

Edited by Nostradamus, 27 February 2017 - 09:21 PM.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#42 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 09:37 PM

It was implied that he confessed to her, but never shown.

In the last retcon and if I'm not mistaken in one of the novels.

I always assumed that she was referring to what she already knew from Sai.

Posted Image

Behold! Akame ga Kill's True Canon Pairing!

#43 VoodooFX

VoodooFX

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 51 posts
  • Interests:Movies, Comics, Star Wars, Sci-fi, Computer Games, Vintage Computers, Science & Tech ... and Naruto :)

Posted 27 February 2017 - 10:20 PM

I always assumed that she was referring to what she already knew from Sai.

Well I've only seen screencaps from the Last and from that assumed that he confessed sometime in the past.

And I guess with movie not dwelling into this matter further, she could have very well been referring to the things she's been told to by Sai.

Edited by VoodooFX, 27 February 2017 - 10:22 PM.

We may have years, we may have hours, but sooner or later we all push up flowers.

#44 DeathGodMack

DeathGodMack

Death God

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,515 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku
    LelouchxKallen
    LelouchxShirley
    IchiHime
    Touken
    Taichi/Sora
    SakuHina
    ShikaTema
    NaLu
    Luffy x Nami
    KorraXAssami
    Maka x Soul
    Tai x Kari
    SakuIno

Posted 27 February 2017 - 10:31 PM

Naruto confessed to Sakura? Since when?

The last movie said he confessed off Screen.

Posted Image

#45 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 27 February 2017 - 10:46 PM

The hime cliche a lot of manga/anime have these days I cant get behind hime like characters unless they have a decent amount of backstory

8c5a9c63d23baf4e9d077bf65597592bb55115a2

#46 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 11:08 PM

And character development too :mellow:

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#47 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 01:06 AM

Sexism has very little to do with this. Other than Kishimoto and SP. They get plenty of bashing for being sexist. Same with NH fans get the same treatment. They're pretty sexist for hating Sakura because she's 'flat' and loving Hinata because she has 'big boobs' and is 'pretty'.

As James said, some of us are tired of being nice and this is a safe place to vent.

Kishi is sexist to both Hinata and Sakura in different ways. Anti-enders sk why is Kishi treating Sakura so bad, why is he making her so weak? In the same breath they/we say, Hinata is so weak and pathetic smh.. I think there is a sense of hypocrisy that even catch myself on sometimes..

Sorry for going off-topic, but reading unhskikrforever's post two posts up raised a question in my head...  has Naruto's confession to Sakura (as stated in the Last) ever been explained/animated?

Since they've animated a poopload of other useless junk from novels and even the wedding, they could have at least animated this NS bit that would show us just how exactly the whole thing played out between the two of them.

This is so sad the thing he dreaded the most was confessing to Sakura because he felt bad because he couldn't fulfill his promise..

If they'd had animated it it would've been canon, they didn't do it because they planned to ditch it. I don't believe for a second Sakura would've walked away from him. Or his confession must have sucked haha, she believed Sai, but not Naruto when he told her he loved her? lol X D

Edited by sushi., 28 February 2017 - 01:10 AM.

ナルサク

#48 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 01:33 AM

Kishi is sexist to both Hinata and Sakura in different ways. Anti-enders sk why is Kishi treating Sakura so bad, why is he making her so weak? In the same breath they/we say, Hinata is so weak and pathetic smh.. I think there is a sense of hypocrisy that even catch myself on sometimes..

This is so sad the thing he dreaded the most was confessing to Sakura because he felt bad because he couldn't fulfill his promise..

If they'd had animated it it would've been canon, they didn't do it because they planned to ditch it. I don't believe for a second Sakura would've walked away from him. Or his confession must have sucked haha, she believed Sai, but not Naruto when he told her he loved her? lol X D

lol. I know right. Hindsight makes Sakura's reaction in this scene . . . laughable to be honest. 

sai_tells_sakura__naruto_loves_you___by_

If we only knew back then . . .  :no:

Posted Image

Behold! Akame ga Kill's True Canon Pairing!

#49 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 02:38 AM

lol. I know right. Hindsight makes Sakura's reaction in this scene . . . laughable to be honest. 

sai_tells_sakura__naruto_loves_you___by_

If we only knew back then . . .  :no:

What does hindsight mean?

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#50 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts
  • Interests:Writing

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 28 February 2017 - 03:16 AM

What does hindsight mean?

It means in retrospect.

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#51 Moon_Girl

Moon_Girl

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • Interests:OTPs:
    NaruSaku - Naruto x Sakura (Naruto Series)
    Het Chrobin - Chrom x Robin♀ (Fire Emblem Awakening)
    Clerith - Cloud x Aerith (Final Fantasy VII Series)
    Demelith - Demetri x Byleth♀ (Fire Emblem Three Houses/Hopes)
    Phantom/Erik x Christine (Phantom of the Opera)
    Jintan x Menma (AnoHana)
    ZeLink - Link x Zelda (Legend of Zelda Series)

Posted 28 February 2017 - 03:29 AM

I think the reason Naruto's confession was never touched upon is because Kishimoto had confirmed (I believe in his interviews and in that The Last pamphlet) that Sakura had feelings for Naruto. But obviously her fangirl crush for Sasuke's looks overwhelmed them in the end.

They can't touch upon Naruto's confession because they can't explain why NaruSaku didn't happen without looking like BS. (I mean, they already had to try and fix The Last through the anime) Doesn't help that the fandom already knows the reasons are super BS.

I'm actually really glad they never touched upon it. I don't want them ruining it. Plus it would be extremely heartbreaking to see Naruto turned down. Considering everything.  :ermm:

Edited by Moon_Girl, 28 February 2017 - 03:30 AM.

NaruSaku will always be better than crack and fan fiction

#52 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 03:43 AM

It means in retrospect.

Thank you.

I think the reason Naruto's confession was never touched upon is because Kishimoto had confirmed (I believe in his interviews and in that The Last pamphlet) that Sakura had feelings for Naruto. But obviously her fangirl crush for Sasuke's looks overwhelmed them in the end.

They can't touch upon Naruto's confession because they can't explain why NaruSaku didn't happen without looking like BS. (I mean, they already had to try and fix The Last through the anime) Doesn't help that the fandom already knows the reasons are super BS.

I'm actually really glad they never touched upon it. I don't want them ruining it. Plus it would be extremely heartbreaking to see Naruto turned down. Considering everything.  :ermm:

You know what's heartbreaking? It's the fact that in the end not only that we were betrayed but also treated like morons.

Betrayed because the entire manga pointed out exactly what was going to happen in the end, but they went against it because money.

And treated like morons, because in order to have it their way, they had to dumb things down to such a level that it just insults our intelligence. And lie directly to our face so they can continue to think what they did, was right.

Edited by Nostradamus, 28 February 2017 - 08:57 AM.

CZSn9hA.jpg

#53 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 10:53 AM

They can't show Naruto's confession to Sakura cause Naruto loved Sakura and wanted to confess in the manga.

If he confessed in the manga, NS would have happened, the Last would not retcon anything and the Last would have not happened either which is why they've gone with : Naruto loved Sakura because of rivalry with Sasuke.

Naruto confessing his love to Sakura off-screen, not shown and saying the love was because of the rivalry with Sasuke is the only way for NH in the Last happening. 

#54 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 06:07 PM

Well the constant bashing of the female characters in general is often sexist. Like anger directed at Hinata instead of the content creators.

Except it is not. I don't hate her character because she is a female, bash her because she is a female, nor hate every other female because of her. I hate her character because...of her character type and what she actually is in the series compared to more well written females character. Heck, even males can be the same way in some of these stories and I don't like seeing them as well. I don't just mean Sakura either. Tsunade, Kushina, and so many other female characters that were far better. So, is it sexist that I am only talking about one particular female that does things in a particular way I don't agree with and to me should have no effect on other women what so ever because it is not about the group so much as it is her? If anyone says yes, then everybody would be sexist as soon as they judge one person...any person for anything.

And if that is case wouldn't that mean I am sexist towards men as well if I bash Naruto for all the stuff he does?

What I call sexist was how her fans saw her and over glorify her and how they easily objectify her by saying "She is a better character because she is submissive and has big boobs" and thinking that this is what all females should be. Which is not a lie to the radical fans who love her. I know not all NH fans are like this, but those NH fans usually don't like the ending either because of the same reasons I have or agree with the things I say.

Please do not mistake the difference.

An easy girl sounds desperate and no matter how beautiful she is. Her complete lack of personality and desire to be as good as me will turn me off.

The male fans of Hinata think that they are entitled to women but the reality is we are not... We have to earn their love and respect. Real women are not standing behind a tree stuttering your name, and the good ones are a real challenge. What's difficult to earn is usually worth it. I used to be the lamest guy and have always wondered why girls were not attracted me. Women don't want a nice guy... They want an unassumingly great guy who has a minimum of backbone, drive, and self assurance. I have looked at myself critically. I have learned to work out, watch good movies (marvel films are perfect), learned to develop the best attributes of my personality, being funny, get an education, trying to know how women think, and how to dress properly...

Suddenly, high standards women started looking at me, and even other people will start being drawn to you as a person. Naruto used to be a great guy for Sakura. His complete lack of selfishness towards her feelings for Sasuke was what made me like them as a couple.

But honestly, you should not need to do that. After a while in my life dealing with fake friends and even faker relationships where these standards are imposed on us, I stopped trying to be what I can;t and instead on being who I am. This has allowed me two freedoms: I dress to express, not to impress....and REAL people are not attracted to fake emotions. If these "high standard women" are all of sudden taking notice of you because you did a few things differently, it just means that their standards are the same as their personality....fake. It's all just them trying to fill what social media describes as "perfect," but we are all perfect when we can be ourselves. Yeah, you may not get the friends you wanted, but you will get something far better in return: Friends and loved ones that you need and will forever love.

I know because in the past 11 months it has happened to me. I became real to myself and everything else just seemed to flow into place. I started less stressing out, I got better jobs, better friends, and got into an even greater relationship that I am happily in and none of it feels unreal or half-assed or fake or anything.

And this is a lot like NH to me now, it is a fake relationship with even faker people behind it. Especially on Naruto's end. I can see how fake he really is in his relationship with Hinata and how the faces he makes when he is around the people he truly wants to be with or doing things he really wants to do. Especially the face he made when he saw Sakura and Salad together at the end of Gaiden. That face just was heartbroken looking at these two saying "I wish this was my life."

Hell, how interesting of a story would it be if a story occurs where Sasuke ask Naruto and Sakura to take care of his kid while he was gone on something secret. Showcasing that they are all one big family instead of this "haven't seen each other in years" look they always have. It's fake. If Naruto and Hinata where real people and I saw them together, I would really ask Naruto...."Are you sure you're happy with all of this?" I bet you he would lie and say he was, but still have this look that shows otherwise. Naruto just can;t be himself around Hinata because he has keep up with these standards.

NH fans would say that that Hinata didn't care and just wants Naruto to be himself, but this doesn't mean he doesn't put on fake standards on himself. And worse still when they show all the other villagers like saying how happy they are and how great Naruto is for being a good father....even up to the point where he downright abuses his kid for no reason and never question it.

This may be a fictional story, but I have seen people like how Naruto is in real life and every time it was them not being true to themselves and putting on a fake face. They were miserable.

I have to disagree. Sure, it might seem like that now, but what of all the times BEFORE chapter 700? When Sakura can take on an Akatsuki, when Sakura achieved great things when she has nothing special about her. Yet, Hinata was weak even back then. Hinata was always weak throughout the story and maybe only one or two moments of actual strength....but they were all solely just to impress Naruto, not because she wanted herself to be stronger for herself.

We as NS fans always bring up all those moments of Sakura's strength, her achievements, and so much because we want to show that she was a great character with flaws and while she was obsessive about some things, she never improved herself with the sole purpose of just impressing someone. That was never her goal. She even said that she wanted Tsunade to teach her, NOT for Sauske approval, NOT for Sasuke to notice her, but because she didn't want to be useless in a fight when Sasuke and Naruto had to take on a mission. She did it to improve herself and for the good of what she deemed was her duty.

Speaking of which, no other female character in this series ever did anything just so a certain boy can notice them. Not one...except for Hinata. She even admitted herself how selfish she is and how bad of a sister she is because she didn't do it for any other reason than "Naruto-kun." This is why Hinata will always be the weakest in my eyes and why it is never hypocritical of me to point out her flaws.

And please, feel free to disagree if you feel something different, but it is just how I feel. Before all the fan services, all the Hinata pandering, and all the fan wanking just to suit what some radical fans wanted out of this series.....all of these charactesr were far more and far deeper.

We all have to remember that there is a massive line between what is happening now and what these characters were doing back then and to me there is a clear difference that I draw a line on.

Sakura now is weak and pathetic, but Sakura before Hinata got her way? She was an amazing woman who rose up when everyone else pushed her down. THAT is my Sakura. THAT is the Sakura I defend.

And funny part is, I respect and love Sakura more than any self proclaimed "Sakura fan" ever will.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 28 February 2017 - 06:52 PM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#55 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 07:20 PM

There is no appeal between Naruto and Hinata. It was a force pairing that should have never happened.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#56 Saku-chan

Saku-chan

Strudel Mistress

• ANBU
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 07:21 PM

When Hinata's criticisms include references to her body as some sort of unfair tool which manipulated fans into making a choice over waifus or plot, it's sexist.

Both Sakura and Hinata end up as boring characters by the end despite their potential. Some NS fans will defend Sakura to the death, but do some mental gymnastics to equate being curvy with being temptation for fanservice and the downfall of the series which lays the blame on her and not producers who never wanted to wrap the series up in a satisfying way so they could continue to milk their cash cow.

It does nothing to convince a fan of Hinata or NH that we are not just throwing a tantrum because we didn't get our way.
tumblr_np7x15rJxi1qafgx9o1_500.gif

#57 Shadow1275

Shadow1275

Lone Wolf

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,613 posts
  • Interests:I have lots of hobbies..

Posted 28 February 2017 - 09:52 PM

Sakura was a much kinder person in the manga than ppl actually admit.

In the beginning she was kind of a jerk, she treated Naruto with contempt, was shallow, etc.

But even as far back as the Land of Waves arc there was a kindness and a gentleness to her. She gave a child food after he accidentally groped her, she was one of the few ppl to cheer on Naruto in his fights in the Chunin exam, she tried to protect Sasgay from Gaara, she healed Kankuro in part 2, etc.

Of course she got a lot worse in the anime and in 693, but even though I despise Salad and Sakura's new role I commend her for doing her best to raise Salad instead of running off like a certain other dirtbag parent.

But ppl like NH for the simplest reason in the book. It gives them the relationkitten they want, one where they have all of the power without doing all of the work. Where they have an "attractive" woman who worships them for retconned reasons.

I liked NaruSaku bc it was much more realistic. Women don't just act Submissive like Hinakittens, they challenge you constantly like Sakura did for Naruto. Men don't act like Naruto or Sasgay where they just suddenly love women who worship them right out of the gate. In fact the only part of 693 that I like is When Sasuke says you're such an annoyance and that he never loved her at all

THAT'S THE REALISTIC OUTCOME OF THAT KIND OF kitten RELATIONkitten

NaruSaku is not perfect by a long shot. Naruto is way to willing to please Sakura and doesn't act like a man. Men don't wait for other men to come back for women, if they see an opening they take it and show their confidence and power.

But out of the three pairings only one was based on any sort of selflessness and that was NaruSaku. Hinata never cared that Naruto loved Sakura whereas Sakura cared about the fact that Hinata "loved" Naruto, Sakura never cared that Sasuke didn't love her where Naruto cared that Sakura loved Sasuke, and THE NH/SS FANS NEVER CARED ABOUT ANYTHING EXCEPT FOR THEIR SHIPS.

Naruto is a mess, a hot mess but still a mess. The Pairings are only the tip of the iceberg. But in any case, you don't make a perfect romantic dish with just Sugar like the NH fans, or Pepper like the SuckuSucku fans,

You make it with time, patience, and a sprinkle of sugar and spice for flavor 

He Who is Brave is Free-Seneca

^I have a lightsaber your argument is invalid^

"You may be called upon yet again to defend the glory of the Republic against the tyranny of the Dark Side. For this, is the destiny, of the Jedi..."

#58 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 10:00 PM

Naruto confession is a big deal for romance subplot, the fact that it's pretty much the last thing that should happen. While there's a chance that sakura would reject, based on how the story goes a naruto confession would end up in NS become canon.

@saku chan
I agree with you. Believe it or not kishi never use Hinata as fanservice in the manga. Even with her big boob she doesn't reveal it for the some fanservice scene. And yes people bashing her in here just like anti sakura bash her out there.

@shadow
There's a girl like Hinata in real life and in some culture that kind of her behavior is encourage(no not the shy one).

Edited by rocci, 28 February 2017 - 10:07 PM.

#59 Moon_Girl

Moon_Girl

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • Interests:OTPs:
    NaruSaku - Naruto x Sakura (Naruto Series)
    Het Chrobin - Chrom x Robin♀ (Fire Emblem Awakening)
    Clerith - Cloud x Aerith (Final Fantasy VII Series)
    Demelith - Demetri x Byleth♀ (Fire Emblem Three Houses/Hopes)
    Phantom/Erik x Christine (Phantom of the Opera)
    Jintan x Menma (AnoHana)
    ZeLink - Link x Zelda (Legend of Zelda Series)

Posted 01 March 2017 - 03:34 AM

When Hinata's criticisms include references to her body as some sort of unfair tool which manipulated fans into making a choice over waifus or plot, it's sexist.

Truthfully, I couldn't care less about breast size. I spent years on the NarutoFan forums in pairing debates and battles. I wish I was kidding, but Hinata having 'big boobs' was a serious argument. A lot of people loved her not just cuz she was submissive, but because she had huge boobs and was hot. It was a very common point Hinata fans brought up because they had little to work with. Not all of them said it. But a lot did. It's sad. 

Boobs aren't an unfair tool. I don't wish Sakura had big boobs. Her body is perfect the way it is. 

I know at least I have never criticized Hinata for having big boobs. I've criticized her fans for saying that she's 'hot' and better than Sakura because she has a large chest. I don't think I've ever, in my ten+ years in the fandom, seen Hinata be criticized for having a large chest. Only how her fans believe that it's one of her best qualities and is superior to Sakura just because she has them. 

If anything, I think I hate Hinata's rabid fans more than Hinata. And boy do I hate them both.

Edited by Moon_Girl, 01 March 2017 - 03:35 AM.

NaruSaku will always be better than crack and fan fiction

#60 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 10:52 AM

Both Sakura and Hinata end up as boring characters by the end despite their potential. Some NS fans will defend Sakura to the death, but do some mental gymnastics to equate being curvy with being temptation for fanservice and the downfall of the series which lays the blame on her and not producers who never wanted to wrap the series up in a satisfying way so they could continue to milk their cash cow.

It does nothing to convince a fan of Hinata or NH that we are not just throwing a tantrum because we didn't get our way.

To be fair, from what I read in these forums, there's not so much defense of Sakura to the death. Most here point to the producers not making the series end in a satisfying way for the sake of money.

Edited by T XD, 01 March 2017 - 11:31 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users