32 replies to this topic

#1 ramenanmitsu

ramenanmitsu

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,414 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 07:00 AM

So after thinking about Obito and how I thought his easy redemption was similar to that of Sasuke's, it made me think I might have read the manga wrong regarding Obito, and the ObiRin parallels.

First, I thought that the Obito and ObiRin scenes paralleled to Naruto and NaruSaku.
-Obito and Naruto's bright personality
-Their dream to become Hokage
-Never giving up personality
-Their promise and strong feelings for the girl they love
-The girl being in love with the "cooler" guy
-The girl always worried about the well being of the klutz

And most of all
-Naruto attacking Obito with his friends(without Sakura) to show Obito that he could have become
Hokage if he had the support of his friends even without Rin. The reason I thought Sakura was not included in the "friends" was because she was supposed to be "Rin", and therefore it doesn't make sense to include her when he's supposed to show that losing the love of your life isn't the reason to fall into darkness.

But then recently, I've been wondering if the Obito parallel suits Sasuke more and this was meant to foreshadow the ending Sasuke has
-Sasuke and Obito both fell into darkness after losing their loved ones
-At one point they felt hatred and attacked their best friend and teacher
-They both the cycle of love -> hate -> love
-Their redemption was about them acknowledging what they've done and to care for the ones they didn't
-Both of them were Uchihas, and therefore had the curse of the family
-They both wanted to be Hokage but they easily gave that title to their best friend
-Both of them had a girl who supported and comforted them after the redemption

Do you think Kishi made Obito parallel Sasuke to make his redemption more acceptable for the readers to swallow this ending? Do you think that Kishi wanted Sakura to be Sasuke's "Rin" to support and comfort him after he realized his mistakes so even the wrong-doers can have a happily ever after?

Edited by ramenanmitsu, 23 November 2014 - 07:07 AM.

268702-181926-kaworu-nagisa.jpg

#2 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 07:04 AM

No. Obito parallel is with naruto.
Obito is naruto uchiha.
Sasuke has nothing to do with obito.
Sasuke parallel is madara.

Kishi doesn't bring obirin = NS because it will become a powerful NS moment. That's why naruto tnj bullet is hokage instead obirin = NS.

#3 ramenanmitsu

ramenanmitsu

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,414 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 07:18 AM

No. Obito parallel is with naruto.
Obito is naruto uchiha.
Sasuke has nothing to do with obito.
Sasuke parallel is madara.
Kishi doesn't bring obirin = NS because it will become a powerful NS moment. That's why naruto tnj bullet is hokage instead obirin = NS.

But what do you think of the similarities in how Obito and Sasuke were handled?

I know ObiRin=/=NaruSaku, but I'm wondering iif that is because ObiRin=SasuSaku.

Edited by ramenanmitsu, 23 November 2014 - 07:19 AM.

#4 Aizen-Sama

Aizen-Sama

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 07:21 AM

I know ObiRin=/=NaruSaku, but I'm wondering iif that is because ObiRin=SasuSaku.

Sasuke was compared more to Kakashi. KakaRin = SasuSaku. Kishi even paralleled the chidori stab lol.

#5 ramenanmitsu

ramenanmitsu

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,414 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 07:25 AM

Sasuke was compared more to Kakashi. KakaRin = SasuSaku. Kishi even paralleled the chidori stab lol.

I don't see the resemblance between KakaRin and SasuSaku except for the chidori stab which was done for completely different intents and purposes between the latter and the former.

Kakashi thought he was undeserving of Rin's love. Doesn't this resemble how Naruto thought about Sakura? Whereas Obito/Sasuke never had such thoughts and got an ending with the girl.

#6 Aizen-Sama

Aizen-Sama

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 07:28 AM

I don't see the resemblance between KakaRin and SasuSaku except for the chidori stab which was done for completely different intents and purposes between the latter and the former.

Kakashi thought he was undeserving of Rin's love. Doesn't this resemble how Naruto thought about Sakura? Whereas Obito/Sasuke never had such thoughts and got an ending with the girl.

But Sasuke was never in love/obsessed with Sakura the way Obito was with Rin.
I dunno...even after the ending ObiRin still paralells NaruSaku more.

#7 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 07:29 AM

The similarity only between obito and sasuke is both of them is uchiha.
Obirin is narusaku parallel.
Kakarin is ss parallel.

Obito redemption is dead while sasuke doesn't.
That because obito is a villain while sasuke doesn't.

Sasuke never cross that line. That's why for kishi his redemption is east to solve with "sorry".

#8 RedFaction

RedFaction

Legendary Pirate

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 07:31 AM

But Sasuke was never in love/obsessed with Sakura the way Obito was with Rin.
I dunno...even after the ending ObiRin still paralells NaruSaku more.

I agree that it parallels NS more. The only difference is that Obito didn't have the main character (Sasuke) in the way so he gets the girl, unlike Naruto.

Edited by RedFaction, 23 November 2014 - 07:32 AM.

#9 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 07:34 AM

Kakashi is a kitten who love by rin = sasuke is a kitten who love by sakura.

Kakashi think like that after obito tnj him.

Oh and we don't know if rin return obito feeling. And sorry obito is not similiar with sasuke at all.

Edited by rocci, 23 November 2014 - 07:36 AM.

#10 hinataiscreepy

hinataiscreepy

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 07:36 AM

kakashi stating that he was the trash who abandoned Rin (obito loved her) is an obvious reference to Sasuke abandoning Sakura and realizing that Naruto truly cared no matter what.

#11 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 07:38 AM

I agree that it parallels NS more. The only difference is that Obito didn't have the main character (Sasuke) in the way so he gets the girl, unlike Naruto.

No the difference is sasuke return sakura feeling. While kakashi has a class and recognize his best friend feeling. Meanwhile sasuke :zaru:

Edited by rocci, 23 November 2014 - 07:38 AM.

#12 RedFaction

RedFaction

Legendary Pirate

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 07:39 AM

No the difference is sasuke return sakura feeling. While kakashi has a class and recognize his best friend feeling. Meanwhile sasuke :zaru:

Not to mention from the looks of chapter 700 he doesn't even love her. Just a woman to help rebuild his clan.

#13 Aizen-Sama

Aizen-Sama

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 07:42 AM

The only difference between KakaRin and SasuSaku is that Kakashi admitted he was trash for abandoning Rin and that Obito cared for her more.
Sasuke said no such thing concerning Sakura and Naruto.

#14 ns.Believe.It

ns.Believe.It

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,320 posts
  • Interests:Coding, Long walks, Driving.
    Arsenal FC.

Posted 23 November 2014 - 07:46 AM

I can see why you felt ObiRin and SasuSaku are similar ramenanmitsu, but there's one very important difference-- Sasuke was never shown to have feelings for Sakura whereas Obito thought the world of Rin. 

Both Obito and Sasuke did bad things yes, but there's again a big difference as far as the girls are concerned--

Obito never treated Rin in the horrible way Sasuke treated Sakura.

This is precisely the reason I find SasuSaku to be even more unacceptable than ObiRin. 

tumblr_mzzew0nSyr1t3jjq1o1_500.gif

'No matter what I do, I guess Happiness is a feeling that I'll never experience'

#15 RedFaction

RedFaction

Legendary Pirate

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 07:50 AM

I can see why you felt ObiRin and SasuSaku are similar ramenanmitsu, but there's one very important difference-- Sasuke was never shown to have feelings for Sakura whereas Obito thought the world of Rin. 

Both Obito and Sasuke did bad things yes, but there's again a big difference as far as the girls are concerned--

Obito never treated Rin in the horrible way Sasuke treated Sakura.

This is precisely the reason I find SasuSaku to be even more unacceptable than ObiRin. 

Precisely. Though SasuSaku is paralleled to KakaRin, it should be obvious to anyone that SasuSaku is a million times worse than that. I still can't believe it happened to be honest.

#16 Aizen-Sama

Aizen-Sama

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 07:53 AM

Precisely. Though SasuSaku is paralleled to KakaRin, it should be obvious to anyone that SasuSaku is a million times worse than that. I still can't believe it happened to be honest.

Ohhh BUUUURN! XD
I still can't believe it happened either. SasuSaku actually happened...

Edited by Aizen-Sama, 23 November 2014 - 07:53 AM.

#17 Iwantbuns

Iwantbuns

Liana loves yellow o_o

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts
  • Location:What does that even mean? My 'location' changes all the time...
  • Interests:NaruSaku, SasuNaru, SasuHina, Sakura, Naruto, Hinata, Sasuke, Gaara, Itachi, Kakashi, Madara (especially when he's badass xD), Hashirama's laugh <3, forums, debating about random s**t, bananas, lemons, the color yellow, the number 29, people cheating on other people, people killing themselves, the power of bonds and s**t, anime, manga, Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, One Piece, Bleach, Sailor Moon, Fairy Tail, Pokemon, Death Note, Yu-Gi-Oh, and much more, chibis, drawing, dogs, cats, frogs, angst, tragedy, fluff, music, punk rock, piano, dubstep, trance, Avril Lavigne, OneRepublic, Ed Sheeran, Paramore, monsters, zombies, vampires, demons, violence, sex, supernatural s**t, food, fat people, anorexic people, Dora the Explorer, and Barney the mother-effing dinosaur. :)

Posted 23 November 2014 - 08:07 PM

Obito was in love with Rin. Sasuke never was. Naruto could turn just like Obito. Just like Sasuke and Naruto could've switched they're roles. They're all similar in this way. But in the end Sasuke never had strong feelings of love towards Sakura like Naruto did. That's why ObiRin mainly parallels to NaruSaku.

tumblr_inline_miqmooGYSM1qz4rgp.gif

Why do people NOT ship these two? I just don't get it.

Probably cause they hate Sakura. When she's probably the most developed female character in the whole show.

I respect Hinata, but Sakura deserves some too.

#18 Naruko

Naruko

I'm not even sorry

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 09:06 PM

For what you've said, it seems to me that ObiRin related much more to ItaSasu, if we want to parallel Obito to Sasuke. I mean:

- Both Rin and Itachi were the reasons why Obito and Sasuke wanted revenge.

- Both Obito and Sasuke met their beloved ones after their deaths (Rin's and Itachi's deaths) 

- Both Obito and Sasuke were in fact redeemed because of Naruto

- Both Obito and Sasuke were considered comrades by Naruto

- Both Rin and Itachi only showed their true feelings towards Obito and Sasuke after their deaths. 

So... the thing is that I don't see Sakura there. She might relate to Rin, but in all the senses that make ObiRin feel like NaruSaku. ObiRin relates to NaruSaku because of reasons you've already pointed out. Their relation before Rin died looked a lot like the team seven love triangle, but for that parallel to be complete, NaruSaku should have been the canon pairing, since ObiRin was. The way  Sasuke relates to Obito and Rin's relationship doesn't fit with the Rin/Sakura parallel since the Rin of Sasuke would be mostly Itachi. Except for the fact that the types of love were different (brotherly/romantic).

lion-king-cute-funny-cat-gif.gif

#19 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 09:46 PM

@naruko
No, obirin is NS parallel.
Obito is what could happen to naruto when sakura die.

#20 Miss Soupy

Miss Soupy

Queen of Fluff

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 10:40 PM

Do you think Kishi made Obito parallel Sasuke to make his redemption more acceptable for the readers to swallow this ending? Do you think that Kishi wanted Sakura to be Sasuke's "Rin" to support and comfort him after he realized his mistakes so even the wrong-doers can have a happily ever after?

Towards the first question: Yes. Obito was a better character when he was more like Naruto. To me it feels like he got retconned into a villain simply to support Kishi developing Naruto as the Chosen One with the special bloodline, contrasting Sasuke with the 'we love so much we go evil' excuse the Uchiha eventually received. Obito becoming evil and therefore more like Sasuke didn't really do anything for anyone except set up the excuse for the Uchiha.

Towards the second question...I don't think so. Since Sasuke never showed any feelings for Sakura. All that happened was Sakura remained a fangirl for life.

Edited by Miss Soupy, 24 November 2014 - 12:35 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users