146 replies to this topic

#61 Azor Ahai

Azor Ahai

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 01:42 AM

Not really. ChiChi was no wilting violent in DBZ. She was portrayed as an overprotective lunatic ready to inflict great violence only to be stopped by others. During the Cell fight she is seen walking down stairs with an arsenal of weapons and has to be held back by her father.

ChiChi only acted like that when her baby (Gohan) was put into any form of danger, while at the same time Goku just got nagged, a lot. Doesn't mean that they didn't love each other in a strange sort of way. But who can blame her, she had to deal with a bonehead like Goku. Bulma on the other hand had to deal with the walking talking Napoleon complex that's Vegeta.

To be honest, out of all the relationships in Dragon Ball, the one that got the best deal was Gohan and Videl, and as karma would have it, Krillin with 18.

Anyways my point is that even though Naruto tried to copy Dragon Ball to a teeth, it failed miserably to realize why Bulma and Vegeta worked the way it did. It failed to give Hinata a real personality apart from just loving the main character, she quite literally had no goals in life.

tumblr_p7wkb2FRTk1r3exqoo1_500.gif

#62 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 02:18 AM

To be fair, we cannot compare Naruto to Dragon Ball. Dragon Ball stands at the top of Shonen manga and anime, Naruto is at the very bottom right now.

Anime? Yeah, sure. Manga? No. that'd be One Piece. One Piece has over 300 Million copies sold, and that is only in Japan. 

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#63 Azor Ahai

Azor Ahai

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 12:59 PM

Anime? Yeah, sure. Manga? No. that'd be One Piece. One Piece has over 300 Million copies sold, and that is only in Japan. 

Noooo, really?

I would watch it, but I just can't get over the art style...kind of creeps me out.

#64 Ryriena

Ryriena

Texas born and Raised

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 665 posts
  • Interests:Anime/Manga, history, unexplained mysteries, linguistics, geology, astrology, astro physics, chemistry, astronomy, sport cars, and racing cars, monster trucks, quantum mechanics and particle physics

Anime/Manga - Gaming

NaruSaku, Ash x Misty, (Pokyshiping) Ichigo x Rukia, Kiba/Hinata, Ichigo x Orihime, Uryū x Orihime, Cullen x Amell, Alastair x Warden, Cullen x Female Inqustior Ed x Winnry, Spike x May Valatine, Kaiden Alekno x Female Shepard, Garus x Female Shepard, Joker x Female Shepard, Angg x Katara, Zuko x Katara, Mako x Kora ( Avatar the last air bender - Legend of Kora) I don't see the ending of Kora as canon since its more of a fan service ending, since the canon pairing is not a properly developed paring.

VLD pairing: Plance, Shiro x Adam, Hunk x Shay, Kallura
    anti Allurance

The Dragon Prince: Cullum x Rayla

TV pairings
    Casket(Castle)
    Angel x Buffy, Buffy x Spike, Angel x Cordila Chase (Buffy the Vampire Slayer), Booth x Bones (bones)
    Tony x Ziva David, Abby x Timothy McGee, Timothy x Delia (NCIS)
    Dean x Castiel, Sam x Gabriel, Sam x Elaine, Dean x Jo (Supernatural)

Comics parings: Supes x Lois Lang, Peter Parker x Mary Jay Waston, Captian x Black Widow, Hawke Eye x Black Widow, Jean Grey x Cyclops, Jean x Wolverine, Rouge x Gambit, Batman x Slilena Kyle, Bruce x Black Widow

Movies pairings: Jurassic Park series (Owen x Claire, Malcome x Sarah) Han x Leia, Luke x Maria Jade, Finn x Rey, FinnPoe (Star Wars)

Dislikes Supes x Wonder Woman, as it's basically turns a feminist icon in to a baby maker, NaruHinata, Sasuke x Sakura abusive relationship ahoy.

Posted 22 July 2016 - 09:19 AM

ChiChi only acted like that when her baby (Gohan) was put into any form of danger, while at the same time Goku just got nagged, a lot. Doesn't mean that they didn't love each other in a strange sort of way. But who can blame her, she had to deal with a bonehead like Goku. Bulma on the other hand had to deal with the walking talking Napoleon complex that's Vegeta.

To be honest, out of all the relationships in Dragon Ball, the one that got the best deal was Gohan and Videl, and as karma would have it, Krillin with 18.

Anyways my point is that even though Naruto tried to copy Dragon Ball to a teeth, it failed miserably to realize why Bulma and Vegeta worked the way it did. It failed to give Hinata a real personality apart from just loving the main character, she quite literally had no goals in life.

It's hilarious that Vegta and Bulma worked better than Sasuke x Sakura at least Vegta cares about his family and puts his pride on the line for them to be happy.
Them Duke boys never meant no harm.--------> my childhood.
Freedom of speech is no laughing matter, since it does take one person to stand up for the right too speak out.
firma__op__luffyxnami_nu__out__by_pjxd23

#65 Catra

Catra

Outlaw Gunslinging marksmen

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts
  • Interests:AU narusaku, mortal kombat, balto, lion king, rudolph,

Posted 22 July 2016 - 10:39 PM

indeed, its quite original how it was handled too. he only developed feelings after they had a kid (i don't think they married though?) and as he said grew quite fond of them over the years. even though i may not like it and still feel bad for Yamcha as a character who got thrown out the window.

I liked gohan and videl the most though.

#66 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 11:40 PM

It's hilarious that Vegta and Bulma worked better than Sasuke x Sakura at least Vegta cares about his family and puts his pride on the line for them to be happy.

Vegeta originally did not care about bulma nor trunk. But slowly over the Cell saga by interacting with Future Trunks he slowly gain pride and eventually love for both his sons. So by the time Bu saga came around he had settled down with the Briefs and was worried about losing his warrior ways trough being content with peace. By the end and by the time with Super he had accepted a peaceful life and had become in his own way a loving father and family man. To the point what finally made him able to surpass Goku was someone hurting Bulma.

Sasuke did not care for Sakura for years. Then at the last minute of the manga suddenly got interested in her for... some reason. A few years later he knocked her up with his kid and ignored them both for about 12 years. Even by the point of Boruto, he still does not care about them as far as i know. Their lives being in danger warrant no emotion or response for him. 

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 22 July 2016 - 11:41 PM.

#67 Azor Ahai

Azor Ahai

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 23 July 2016 - 12:40 AM

Vegeta originally did not care about bulma nor trunk. But slowly over the Cell saga by interacting with Future Trunks he slowly gain pride and eventually love for both his sons. So by the time Bu saga came around he had settled down with the Briefs and was worried about losing his warrior ways trough being content with peace. By the end and by the time with Super he had accepted a peaceful life and had become in his own way a loving father and family man. To the point what finally made him able to surpass Goku was someone hurting Bulma.

Sasuke did not care for Sakura for years. Then at the last minute of the manga suddenly got interested in her for... some reason. A few years later he knocked her up with his kid and ignored them both for about 12 years. Even by the point of Boruto, he still does not care about them as far as i know. Their lives being in danger warrant no emotion or response for him. 

Vegeta I admit had the best character arc in the whole of Dragon Ball manga, one might say he had a bigger impact than Goku did.

From a world destroying psychopath with no redeeming quality, to a very stern father and husband.

#68 Yyubie

Yyubie

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 23 July 2016 - 08:04 AM

Seriously people still compare Vegeta and Sasuke??

tumblr_nexjjgShiv1rz4qnxo1_500.gif
An out of control man needs a strong woman to control him.
And even a violent woman will become soft and tender to the man she love.

#69 Ryriena

Ryriena

Texas born and Raised

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 665 posts
  • Interests:Anime/Manga, history, unexplained mysteries, linguistics, geology, astrology, astro physics, chemistry, astronomy, sport cars, and racing cars, monster trucks, quantum mechanics and particle physics

Anime/Manga - Gaming

NaruSaku, Ash x Misty, (Pokyshiping) Ichigo x Rukia, Kiba/Hinata, Ichigo x Orihime, Uryū x Orihime, Cullen x Amell, Alastair x Warden, Cullen x Female Inqustior Ed x Winnry, Spike x May Valatine, Kaiden Alekno x Female Shepard, Garus x Female Shepard, Joker x Female Shepard, Angg x Katara, Zuko x Katara, Mako x Kora ( Avatar the last air bender - Legend of Kora) I don't see the ending of Kora as canon since its more of a fan service ending, since the canon pairing is not a properly developed paring.

anti Allurance

TV pairings
    Casket(Castle)
    Angel x Buffy, Buffy x Spike, Angel x Cordila Chase (Buffy the Vampire Slayer), Booth x Bones (bones)

Comics parings: Supes x Lois Lang, Peter Parker x Mary Jay Waston, Captian x Black Widow, Hawke Eye x Black Widow, Jean Grey x Cyclops, Jean x Wolverine, Rouge x Gambit, Batman x Slilena Kyle, Bruce x Black Widow

Movies pairings: Jurassic Park series (Owen x Claire, Malcome x Sarah) Han x Leia, Luke x Maria Jade, Finn x Rey, FinnPoe (Star Wars)

Dislikes Supes x Wonder Woman, as it's basically turns a feminist icon in to a baby maker, NaruHinata, Sasuke x Sakura abusive relationship ahoy.

Posted 23 July 2016 - 12:56 PM

It's sad really that people compare him to the wasted potential that is Sasuke.
Freedom of speech is no laughing matter, since it does take one person to stand up for the right too speak out.

#70 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 23 July 2016 - 09:29 PM

He's comparable with him.

@ryreina
Wasted potential?
I don't think a character that more protagonist then the protagonist and title character himself is a wasted potential.

Edited by rocci, 23 July 2016 - 09:33 PM.

#71 Ryriena

Ryriena

Texas born and Raised

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 665 posts

Anime/Manga - Gaming

anti Allurance

TV pairings
    Casket(Castle)

Posted 23 July 2016 - 10:59 PM

He's comparable with him.

@ryreina
Wasted potential?
I don't think a character that more protagonist then the protagonist and title character himself is a wasted potential.

Yes wasted plot potential by only getting talked no justu into follow Naruto's will instead of his own path. That's wasted potential in my own thoughts. Basically Naruto also was wasted potential too since he did not have to face reality and move on from his idealistic view points about the system. Nor did he truly understand the meaning of being a Hogake or a leader for that matter.

#72 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 05:08 AM

People do it because Dragonball is still THE anime in the us for a lot of gen x anime fans, and is normally very respected and well known. And Vegeta and bulma are one of the few pairing that even look "vaguely" like SS.

Here I sent this in a post to hina kittens and rock kun on tumbler a few weeks back just replace nH with SS: "nH fans compare nH to other pairing not to make a comparison between the two paring and how they work in their own stories. In order to analyze or make a point about storytelling. But in order to siphon off the other pairing interactions and chemistry in order to defend and justify nH (because Naruto doesn't give them anything) and their own sexual fantasies."

#73 Shadow Wolf

Shadow Wolf

Keeping the promise

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, NaruSaku, Guilty Gear, Blazblue, Love Hina, Full Metal Panic!, The Legend of Zelda, League of Legends, videogames and anime in general.

Posted 24 July 2016 - 06:27 AM

I'm just a guy who doesn't see a reason to give up on NaruSaku and SasuHina given the amount of sense it makes for these pairing to happen and now with the new evidence that gives footing to speculate that they now have a chance to happen in the new (Boruto Manga) which will keep me hopeful from this moment on

I must admit that you are quite the steadfast member. And to be honest, that's not such a bad thing. So I will write this post not to crush your dreams but to explain why must of us will not feel satisfied with NS becoming canon in this new series.

1-15 years of evidence supporting NS went down the drain: A fellow member of the forum (if memory serves, her name was Slextrem) posted an excellent thread showing just how many moments were hinting at NS possibly happening at the manga. From supporting moments, to character growth around each other, and even parallels to some of the known couples or characters who would have been together in the series, the amount of evidence was logical and almost 100 percent accurate of the interactions between Naruto and Sakura eventually getting together. Heck, there was even a newspaper article of an author's opinion on how Naruto and Sakura could end up together. However, after the Pain arc, things started to go crazy and with the last few chapters, all the progress was thrown down the drain, leading to an ending that, apart from the goal of pleasing some fans and "creating" a new generation, it felt completely empty.

2-Character regression: Characters like Naruto and Sakura were iconic to us because we could see them grow not only in abilities, but also in how they could handle their personal challenges. Naruto growing into being someone accepted and recognized by the village and Sakura getting over a hollow tunnel vision of Sasuke to become someone who would improve herself and aspire to be a great medical Ninja. What made them grow so much was the time they spent together, especially during the events of shippuden leading all the way to the Pain arc. However, both of them started to go back to their old habits or even become something completely different. Sakura went back to tunnel vision on to Sasuke, while in the case or Naruto, it felt like he never learned to correct the mistakes the previous generation made. That along with some freebie powerups being given to him made us feel a growing disappointment which eventually led to our hopes getting crushed with a hollow ending. But my next point is probably the most impactful one, at least for me.

3-Insult to injury: What actually sealed the deal for me (and I'm sure that to many of us here) was not the bashing we received from the other fandoms after the ending, but the one we received from the author himself. Not only is the ending a disappointment, but he dares to say that during 15 years he was building NS just to mislead fans. To top it off, they craft a movie only to explain how NH came to happen (because there was no supporting evidence in the manga), and in said movie they make both Sakura and Naruto say some catastrophic statements about how Naruto liked Sakura only because of his rivalry with Sasuke and how Naruto apparently did not know how to distinguish love for a person and love for food. Really? Naruto! The character who has come to love Sakura during the manga all the way to the Pain arc says that? And Sakura, the girl constantly growing of a childish crush and slowly starting to develop such a protective behavior towards Naruto says that? And to put the icing in the cake, the very author of the story insults us by saying that this was all a ruse to mislead us? Well, it may sound unbelievable but that, my friend actually happened (you can actually find the interviews on the internet and watch Naruto: The Last for said references). And when someone insults my logic and sometime later he keeps contradicting himself about what he wanted to do with the story, you can be damn sure that he will no longer have my support.

The only way for Mr. Masashi Kishimoto to fix this is through a 3-step apology that includes the following:

1-A global public apology to Naruto fans, along with an explanation for this disaster.

2-Declare all the Naruto material after the Pain arc Null and Void

3-And a constructive progression of the Naruto manga after the Pain arc which would lead to a satisfying ending.

Am I a conceited fan for asking all of this? No. Why? Because the blunder he made is so great that the consequences are clearly seen today. And second, because an author who dares to insult the fandom like that has to make big amends in order to regain their trust.

But of course, if 15 years of logical evidence are not worth a thing in Kishi's eyes, then I don't think this will matter either. Why? Because he's rich and he probably does not care for us logical fans anyway.

So in the end, if you have your hopes up for couples happening in the burrito manga, then no problem, I can respect that. But do understand that I did not lose hope, Kishi murdered my hopes for Naruto and will not have the guts (to put it elegantly) to bring it back. I'm sure that many other members can also relate to how I feel, but I will not put words in their mouth. I prefer that they themselves give their own opinion on the matter.

Edited by Shadow Wolf, 27 July 2016 - 07:58 AM.

#74 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 08:43 AM

Which he won't do, because he is done with the series. He won't even apologize because he is beyond caring even about that. The only reason I imagine why he is the Editors is because SJ is forcing him to be there.And if you think the new guys are going to be bold enough to try NS or what he wants SH. They are currently wasting 2016 and the first 8-9 chapters of their manga going over the movie. That is not bold.

#75 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 12:17 PM

Which he won't do, because he is done with the series. He won't even apologize because he is beyond caring even about that. The only reason I imagine why he is the Editors is because SJ is forcing him to be there.And if you think the new guys are going to be bold enough to try NS or what he wants SH. They are currently wasting 2016 and the first 8-9 chapters of their manga going over the movie. That is not bold.

Just give him a big enough paycheck and he'll care.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#76 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 08:41 PM

If he's not laughing all the way to the bank already. All he's made, he shouldn't' t care really. Honestly the only good that could come out of this is he retires as a manga artist and NEVER writes or draws a series again. :superior:

Edited by Phantom_999, 29 July 2016 - 08:41 PM.

#77 rikakim94

rikakim94

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 01:19 AM

If he's not laughing all the way to the bank already. All he's made, he shouldn't' t care really. Honestly the only good that could come out of this is he retires as a manga artist and NEVER writes or draws a series again. :superior:

A man like that thats akward untalented weak minded should never be allowed to do manga writing again.

Actually the only talent he has is art he should just stick to that.

Edited by rikakim94, 30 July 2016 - 01:20 AM.

#78 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 01:21 AM

New chapter next week. Yay.........

#79 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 03:40 PM

Yeah, yay............ plus side I have not touched it so...............

#80 ultranx

ultranx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,884 posts
  • Interests:DBZ, naruto, pokemon, digimon, one piece, megaman, sonic, legend of zelda, yugioh,gurren lagann, transformers, kingdom hearts, yuyu hakusho, sword art online, tmnt, gundam.

Posted 30 July 2016 - 05:54 PM

plus the fact sasuke didn't even react to sakura getting kidnapped, whereas vegeta would go on a killing spree, I mean he just lost it when finding out future bulma was killed, black goku is in for it now xD

behold the vegeta of dragon ball super:

not to mention shadow wolf in that same interview that he said he mislead us, he verbally insulted us and said we read his story wrong, sorry but I refuse to support some stuck up author like him.

Edited by ultranx, 30 July 2016 - 06:05 PM.

tumblr_mba4mg4Ip61ryf7dio1_r1_500.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users