151 replies to this topic

#121 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:04 PM

*AHEM*I would like to say something here here if the Kages and and Anbu plus all other mods do not mind. Now what we have here is a large abundance of members lashing at each other and fighting back and forth with regards to chapter 615, which is understandable to an extent, but the question I must ask is "DOES IT MATTER"? I do not mean if opinions or points of view matter, but rather is it worth ranting and screaming and snapping at each other, just for the sake of defending your point of view. Is it worth hurting the feelings of others or insulting them just because they do not see it your way? Tell me, are your opinions and arguments worth raging at each other or ramming down each others throats because you feel you are right? I seem to recall that we all agreed under the banner of this site to respect each other and refrain from causing conflict, however what seems to be more important is "do we respect ourselves enough to respect each other"? All of this arguing and trash talking each other tells me nothing but that people fear. They fear being wrong and they fear accepting the points of others. When you disrespect someone you state that you do not respect yourself enough. You feel insecure about something and lash out at the problem instead of overcoming it. Not accepting the points or views of others is saying that you are not sure of what you are saying yourself, and are scared of being wrong. I will say this now; Not everyone will ever agree with everything that someone else says no matter how much others try to convince them. What should matter is that do you believe in yourself to say what you feel and feel what you say with out being anxious of what others think. I 'm directing this question at everyone because some will already know how to answer. Are you confident in your choices and words despite what others think of them? Are you sure of what you are saying enough to present it in a positive and insult free manner? Yes, I admit I have been insecure about my views in the past and have said things that were hurtful but, but I have come to understand that I did not say those things because I was right, I said them because I felt uncertain of being right or wrong. If you feel that you must defend your arguments, I don't say that you shouldn't, only asking that are you believing your own words enough to post them and not bash others for being different from you? Are you saying (or technically posting) something because you enjoy saying it or want to say it or because you want to be right about something? I don't think that being wrong is bad. We may feel bad if we're wrong but that by no means justify hurting others. Well that is all I want to say on the matter. I believe in what I am saying don't feel threatened or offended if You disagree, but do you feel the same? Just something t reflect on if we all want this wonderful site to be peaceful and welcome to all

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#122 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:14 PM

QUOTE (Phantom_999 @ Jan 7 2013, 04:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Spoilered because too long --Click here to view--
*AHEM*I would like to say something here here if the Kages and and Anbu plus all other mods do not mind. Now what we have here is a large abundance of members lashing at each other and fighting back and forth with regards to chapter 615, which is understandable to an extent, but the question I must ask is "DOES IT MATTER"? I do not mean if opinions or points of view matter, but rather is it worth ranting and screaming and snapping at each other, just for the sake of defending your point of view. Is it worth hurting the feelings of others or insulting them just because they do not see it your way? Tell me, are your opinions and arguments worth raging at each other or ramming down each others throats because you feel you are right? I seem to recall that we all agreed under the banner of this site to respect each other and refrain from causing conflict, however what seems to be more important is "do we respect ourselves enough to respect each other"? All of this arguing and trash talking each other tells me nothing but that people fear. They fear being wrong and they fear accepting the points of others. When you disrespect someone you state that you do not respect yourself enough. You feel insecure about something and lash out at the problem instead of overcoming it. Not accepting the points or views of others is saying that you are not sure of what you are saying yourself, and are scared of being wrong. I will say this now; Not everyone will ever agree with everything that someone else says no matter how much others try to convince them. What should matter is that do you believe in yourself to say what you feel and feel what you say with out being anxious of what others think. I 'm directing this question at everyone because some will already know how to answer. Are you confident in your choices and words despite what others think of them? Are you sure of what you are saying enough to present it in a positive and insult free manner? Yes, I admit I have been insecure about my views in the past and have said things that were hurtful but, but I have come to understand that I did not say those things because I was right, I said them because I felt uncertain of being right or wrong. If you feel that you must defend your arguments, I don't say that you shouldn't, only asking that are you believing your own words enough to post them and not bash others for being different from you? Are you saying (or technically posting) something because you enjoy saying it or want to say it or because you want to be right about something? I don't think that being wrong is bad. We may feel bad if we're wrong but that by no means justify hurting others. Well that is all I want to say on the matter. I believe in what I am saying don't feel threatened or offended if You disagree, but do you feel the same? Just something t reflect on if we all want this wonderful site to be peaceful and welcome to all

Nope, doesn't matter at all. We shouldn't really take this seriously in the first place. It's a fictional work and the author can choose what the author wants to put, no matter what we want, and nothing we can do changes that if the author's adamant about it.

Also. It's a fictional work.

As a note, you should divide it up so it's not a big wall of text, easier to read that way.

#123 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:15 PM

QUOTE (Phantom_999 @ Jan 7 2013, 04:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The thing is, if everyone is offended differently, then what is being "respectful" even? Where is the line drawn?
It's true that we can all hold back our opinions for the sake of keeping peace, but then, doesn't that completely contradict the point of a forum? Now, I'm not by any means encouraging starting fights just for the sake of it or anything like that. What I'm saying is that, according to you yourself, everything has the potential to start an aggressive argument. So, are you recommending we just not take the risk? That we play it completely safe, even if it means reducing board activity to a scary minimum?

On top of that, take what I typed above as an example post. I meant no offense in it to anyone, but anyone can take offense from it. So, should I have not posted it in the first place to avoid that risk? Should I just remain silent so that I don't risk offending anyone?

It goes on and on, circling and looping. This is why I support the method of "say what you will, and if it does offend anyone, then proper action must be taken". Whereas, correct me if I'm wrong man, it sounds like you're suggesting the method of "play it safe and just don't say anything". And that kind of thinking makes sense in a way, but it also causes paranoia and...really makes a forum kind of pointless.

Just to clarify, I mean no offense to you by saying any of this. I am trying to be as respectful as I can, and I'm just attempting to have a civil discussion is all. I just feel the need to clarify this, considering that it can be misinterpreted by someone as some sort of "bashing", I guess.

Edited by zacrathedemon5, 07 January 2013 - 10:22 PM.

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#124 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:16 PM

@Phantom you have a point but have you see the statements that some people did?
People answered with Sarcasm when you just wanted to debate, being rude, calling other people's name, i think you made a trivial critic, we are not afraid but the problem is when you meet someome who's extremely biased and we were not trying to push some people to acknowledge something, i personally think that pairings are a matter of "stop liking what i dont like" when it comes to debates like NH/SS/NS, there's no absolute truth or neither a 100% certain statement but the things is when one side is not flexible always led to heated debates and things as such, i forgot how many times a SS fan was called being a "troll", "rude", other stuff most of them were just. but the same way those people called her she called others, and then this leaded the threads to be closed with justice.

People that instead of realizing that made an untrue statement try to change the subject for me should not even debating at first place.
Ignoring is always an option and this is the choice i made.

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 07 January 2013 - 10:18 PM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#125 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:19 PM

QUOTE (zacrathedemon5 @ Jan 7 2013, 04:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The thing is, if everyone is offended differently, then what is being "respectful" even? Where is the line drawn?
It's true that we can all hold back our opinions for the sake of keeping peace, but then, doesn't that completely contradict the point of a forum? Now, I'm not by any means encouraging starting fights just for the sake of it or anything like that. What I'm saying is that, according to you yourself, everything has the potential to start an aggressive argument. So, are you recommending we just not take the risk? That we play it completely safe, even if it means reducing board activity to a scary minimum?

On top of that, take what I typed above as an example post. I meant no offense in it to anyone, but anyone can take offense from it. So, should I have not posted it in the first place to avoid that risk? Should I just remain silent so that I don't risk offending anyone?

It's just human nature. Nothing can please everyone, there's always someone who'll take offense on something.

I like sarcasm.

#126 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:21 PM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Jan 7 2013, 07:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's just human nature. Nothing can please everyone, there's always someone who'll take offense on something.

I like sarcasm.

me too but depend of the type of sarcasm.
you wont like if someome use sarcasm to downgrade your arguments.

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 07 January 2013 - 10:21 PM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#127 AzureWaters

AzureWaters

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:06 AM

Realistically the current problems on this board will not go away soon. Everyone is lashing out because of the chapter, and for those that want to stay 100 % optimistic about NaruSaku seeing doubt and negativity causes the drama you mods are facing now.

To be plain the situation will only get worse, as Hinata and Naruto will have interactions coming from them fighting together. I'm not sure how long its going to last, but regardless the next couple of weeks are going to be bad for this site. I suggest putting a limit to how many pages are allowed in the chapter release threads. As 615 went up to nearly 150, the arguing was allowed to fester and the situation got worse. At least until things have calmed down there should be a page limit for the chapter topics.

Edited by AzureWaters, 08 January 2013 - 01:11 AM.

#128 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:12 AM

QUOTE (zacrathedemon5 @ Jan 7 2013, 02:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It goes on and on, circling and looping. This is why I support the method of "say what you will, and if it does offend anyone, then proper action must be taken". Whereas, correct me if I'm wrong man, it sounds like you're suggesting the method of "play it safe and just don't say anything". And that kind of thinking makes sense in a way, but it also causes paranoia and...really makes a forum kind of pointless.

Just to clarify, I mean no offense to you by saying any of this. I am trying to be as respectful as I can, and I'm just attempting to have a civil discussion is all. I just feel the need to clarify this, considering that it can be misinterpreted by someone as some sort of "bashing", I guess.

Oh no, I never said anyone should refrain from posting. Only encouraging that what is posted be your genuine feelings that is not deliberately insulting anyone. I say deliberately because it's just as you said; someone may take offence even if offence was never intended. I'm not saying do not post, but post without (again deliberate) insults, and in a positive thoughtful manner. Yeah, there will always be someone that will take offence to what you say; I don't deny that, but if what you say feels right to you, then you don't need to act aggressive with anyone. And if they do not like your post and respond unkindly and with offensive words, it means means that they feel insecure about something. And you can either ignore them or you might do the same. If you do the same however, like I said it means, if only subconsciously, that you feel threatened by them. There is a difference between defending your point and raging at someone because they don't like what you said.

QUOTE (Dαrkrєrsŧ @ Jan 7 2013, 02:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
@Phantom you have a point but have you see the statements that some people did?
People answered with Sarcasm when you just wanted to debate, being rude, calling other people's name, i think you made a trivial critic, we are not afraid but the problem is when you meet someome who's extremely biased and we were not trying to push some people to acknowledge something, i personally think that pairings are a matter of "stop liking what i dont like" when it comes to debates like NH/SS/NS, there's no absolute truth or neither a 100% certain statement but the things is when one side is not flexible always led to heated debates and things as such, i forgot how many times a SS fan was called being a "troll", "rude", other stuff most of them were just. but the same way those people called her she called others, and then this leaded the threads to be closed with justice.

People that instead of realizing that made an untrue statement try to change the subject for me should not even debating at first place.
Ignoring is always an option and this is the choice i made.

Oh I see what they did. But again if You feel they are not right, then you don't need to respond to them, and even if you feel you must, throwing insults indicates you fear that they might be right. For instance, when chapter 615 came out, and "all hell broke loose" as Kage Derock said, some NS fans rage quit from the the ship, And I don't know if they are serious or not but, ask yourself to those the were serious, Why did they quit? If they were true NS fans why did they abandon their ship? I say because they felt they were wrong, hated being wrong , and are ashamed of being wrong. Therefore they threw a fit. I'm not insulting them, only stating a fact. Now all of the faith they had was shattered. But if they still wanted to believe in NS, that is their choice as much as it was throwing it in the bin because they felt they were "wrong". However true NS fans would, and I am not saying it like they shouldn't abandon ship nor am I saying they are stupid or anything of the sort for abandoning the shipping if they truly did. Again I'm just stating a fact, like how a true fan of a sports team or player would still be their fan even if they don't meet expectations or do horribly. Would you stick with NS even if things look bleak? And like wise, Would you stick with NS even if no one agrees with you? If the answer is yes than I'm saying that you don't need to do bash anyone to get your point across, because you love NS and don't need to be scared of opposing views

QUOTE (Dαrkrєrsŧ @ Jan 7 2013, 02:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
me too but depend of the type of sarcasm.
you wont like if someome use sarcasm to downgrade your arguments.

Yeah, although it is hard to detect if someone is being funny or rude with posts cause you can't hear them

Edited by Phantom_999, 10 January 2013 - 04:34 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#129 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:12 AM

QUOTE (AzureWaters @ Jan 7 2013, 08:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Realistically the current problems on this board will not go away soon. Everyone is lashing out because of the chapter, and for those that want to stay 100 % optimistic about NaruSaku seeing doubt and negativity causes the drama you mods are facing now.

To be plain the situation will only get worse, as Hinata and Naruto will have interactions coming from them fighting together. I'm not sure how long its going to last, but regardless the next couple of weeks are going to be bad for this site. I suggest putting a limit to how many pages are allowed in the chapter release threads. As 615 went up to nearly 150, the arguing was allowed to fester and the situation got worse. At least until things have calmed down there should be a page limit for the chapter topics.

The bolded.

@Phantom, alright, I get it now. Thanks for clearing that up, it makes more sense to me now. smile.gif

Edited by zacrathedemon5, 08 January 2013 - 01:16 AM.

AboojTi.gif

#130 AnimeGirl_123

AnimeGirl_123

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:44 AM

I'm an old time member too that hasn't been on this board in years.... I just recently caught up with the manga because I wanted to see what NaruSaku progressions have come since the Pein arc..... this chapter was depressing. I'm admitting it. I actually like Naruhina *gets shot* but I support Narusaku so much more and my heart took a hit. However there is no confirmation that Naruto doesn't still love Sakura. So we just need to be patient and wait. If Naruhina ends up canon with a proper and realistic story then I won't have a problem accepting it. For now though, Naruto still loves Sakura. It doesn't make sense for him to be holding her hand like that in the middle of war.

I agree with you OP! h&e has always been welcoming. ^.^ you guys are doing a great job and I know it's hard with the newest developments. But we Narusaku fans just need to hang in there together. We are united here!

Edited by AnimeGirl_123, 08 January 2013 - 03:46 AM.

NARUTO X SAKURA

444.gif

#131 Chucky-kun

Chucky-kun

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:07 AM

Hurr, i go inactive for one day it turns into this?

I thought we had fixed the problem a few days ago =.= and everyone was all peace loving and agreeing with each other sad.gif

c1a2d1a877.jpg

#132 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:21 AM

QUOTE (Chucky-kun @ Jan 7 2013, 10:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I thought we had fixed the problem a few days ago =.= and everyone was all peace loving and agreeing with each other sad.gif

*shrug* Apparently, we didn't. sleep.gif

AboojTi.gif

#133 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:02 AM

QUOTE (Chucky-kun @ Jan 8 2013, 05:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, I'm afraid people will never agree with each other, at least not everyone, after all, if people were like that, we would be living in a utopia right about now. But we would expect people at least to be able to agree to disagree. There is not much point to keep discussing an matter with someone if neither side is willing to change their minds.

But I wonder, if things are like this right now, what will happen if the next chapter contains even more rage inducing content? Will the mods be forced to cease any Naruto related discussion?

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#134 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:22 AM

QUOTE (Phantom_999 @ Jan 7 2013, 10:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, although it is hard to detect if someone is being funny or rude with posts cause you can't hear them

It depends of the person i know when someome is doing sarcasm i'm used to chans, but when you start a debate and this person feels that cant reply and use sarcasm to downgrade your arguments i just hit the ignore button and i dont care, using sarcasm in debate is childish.

Is the same thing as you telling me that "Naruto love Sakura" and i answer with "LOLOLOLOLOLOL"

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 08 January 2013 - 10:29 PM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#135 Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Solo Leveler

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, manhwa, manhua, video games, novels, web novels, 3D comics, drones and RC driving. Writing web novels.

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:30 PM

Honestly I disappoint that the mods had to lock down some of the threads. I really wanted to express my theories what's to become in the next chapter. Thanks a lot guys. Just ruined it for me.

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952upk4zqyleuyocv60f0z

"My name is Sung Ji-woo. Some called me the Assassin of Death. A Necromancer Deity... My journey has been nothing but walking over a mountain of corpses. My legion of the dead reigns supreme. None shall block my way or... face the wrath of my blades!" --Solo Leveling.

#136 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:14 PM

^It's not their fault, it's the ones who went overboard. I feel with you though, I wanted to post something(peaceful a_thumbs.gif), and when I got the computer it was closed. D:

edit: Oh, maybe I misunderstood your post, I reread it. Are you blaming the mods or the members? tongue.gif

Edited by sushi., 08 January 2013 - 11:15 PM.

ナルサク

#137 Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Solo Leveler

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, manhwa, manhua, video games, novels, web novels, 3D comics, drones and RC driving. Writing web novels.

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:11 AM

I'm not blaming the mods. I know that some of us was getting out of line since last week, but disappointed that some members couldn't keep it under control. No the only places to post my theory is out in the neutral forum.

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952upk4zqyleuyocv60f0z

"My name is Sung Ji-woo. Some called me the Assassin of Death. A Necromancer Deity... My journey has been nothing but walking over a mountain of corpses. My legion of the dead reigns supreme. None shall block my way or... face the wrath of my blades!" --Solo Leveling.

#138 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:10 PM

QUOTE (Konoha'sCrimsonFox @ Jan 9 2013, 03:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm not blaming the mods. I know that some of us was getting out of line since last week, but disappointed that some members couldn't keep it under control. No the only places to post my theory is out in the neutral forum.

Think about it that way; you can post your theories when the threads are reopened again biggrin.gif. That if they are reopened before the release of the next chapter sweat.gif

#139 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:36 PM

Both threads are now reopened for those who didn't get the heads up.

Let's keep them peaceful! happy.gif

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#140 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 05:33 PM

Hate to open this thread up again but.... has anyone recently noticed how some of the newbies are the ones who have been causing most of the problems lately?? to be honest, If I was one of the mods I'd have banned the ones on my blacklist by now with their repeated offenses.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users