89 replies to this topic

#61 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 04:29 PM

It's poor behavior, for one. I would think you were above that.

If you think I've said anything objectionable, report me to the mod. :wink:

Edited by ThroughWithLove, 02 August 2017 - 04:29 PM.

Posted Image

Behold! Akame ga Kill's True Canon Pairing!

#62 BlackShirtGuy

BlackShirtGuy

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Interests:Videogames, Anime, Naruto, Dragon Ball, Spider-Man, Megaman, Ace Attorney Series.

Posted 02 August 2017 - 04:58 PM

This isn't Sakura, or a "Poor man's" Sakura, and this is also humor. 

Why the bashing?

Newsflash @Analyzer , humoristically criticizing a characters action as being out of character is NOT bashing. I think you should look up the definitions...
What @ThoroughWithLove is joking about is how Studio Pierrot is portraying Hinata in a way that completely contradicts how she acted in the source material, Do you not remember how easily her son made her cry in the boruto movie??? What, are you gonna now tell us that softened with age??? Get out of here, it's barely been a year since Boruto was in the academy.

Edited by BlackShirtGuy, 02 August 2017 - 04:59 PM.

“There are many types of monsters in this world, monsters who will not show themselves and who cause trouble. Monsters who abduct children, monsters who devour dreams, monsters who suck blood, and, monsters who always tell lies. Lying monsters are a real nuisance, they are much more cunning than other monsters. They pose as humans, even though they have no understanding of the human heart. They eat, even though they've never experienced hunger. They study even though the have no interest in academics. They seek friendship even though they do not know how to love. If I were to encounter such a monster, I would likely be eaten by it, because in truth, I am that monster.”   -L. Lawliet

#63 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 05:04 PM

Gaiden is taking place in the academy age now? No timeskip? No Sarada's clothes being the one from the manga?

#64 BlackShirtGuy

BlackShirtGuy

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Interests:Videogames, Anime, Naruto, Dragon Ball, Spider-Man, Megaman, Ace Attorney Series.

Posted 02 August 2017 - 05:12 PM

Gaiden is taking place in the academy age now? No timeskip? No Sarada's clothes being the one from the manga?

I'm sorry, I don't even know how the timline "works" anymore U.U
Maybe it REALLY is an Infinite Tsukuyomi  :umm:

“There are many types of monsters in this world, monsters who will not show themselves and who cause trouble. Monsters who abduct children, monsters who devour dreams, monsters who suck blood, and, monsters who always tell lies. Lying monsters are a real nuisance, they are much more cunning than other monsters. They pose as humans, even though they have no understanding of the human heart. They eat, even though they've never experienced hunger. They study even though the have no interest in academics. They seek friendship even though they do not know how to love. If I were to encounter such a monster, I would likely be eaten by it, because in truth, I am that monster.”   -L. Lawliet

#65 gamma

gamma

夢のような ☁

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 05:26 PM

A poor man's Sakura:

:no:

FOR REAL LOL

#66 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 06:42 PM

This isn't criticizing. Humor is debatable. And it is definitely questionable bashing. 

Here's the thing: This moment is played up in comedy. Boruto's moment is played up in drama. It's not OOC even, because it's informed and shown that Hinata can be stern and strong in the anime. These traits are just played up with a humorous flair.

That's when the Gaiden took place in the Gaiden manga. Guys, the timeline isn't this complicated. 

You're.............. Seriously not defending Hinata's change in attitude here are you? she was NEVER STERN anywhere in the source material. In fact if she was "stern and strong" as you say, why hasn't she forced Naruto to actually come home and spend time with the family for once? WHY is a girl who was supposed to quiet and unassuming is all of a sudden having a hidden anger when she was never even a tundere to begin with and never was angry with anything? In fact you yourself said you liked Hinata because she was quiet and unassuming but had a hidden strength, but this is NOT how it is portrayed at all. Why are you saying you like Hinata's personality then flip and like when she's being out of character? ACTUAL Hinata would at best try to mitigate and be the voice of reason between the 2 fighting but that is not how it played out. Instead Hinta is acting like SAKURA. Therefore, are we to assume SP is saying that Hinata should be like Sakura, because SAKURA SHOULD BE WHOM NARUTO WAS MARRIED TO?

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#67 BlackShirtGuy

BlackShirtGuy

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 06:55 PM

You're.............. Seriously not defending Hinata's change in attitude here are you? she was NEVER STERN anywhere in the source material. In fact if she was "stern and strong" as you say, why hasn't she forced Naruto to actually come home and spend time with the family for once? WHY is a girl who was supposed to quiet and unassuming is all of a sudden having a hidden anger when she was never even a tundere to begin with and never was angry with anything? In fact you yourself said you liked Hinata because she was quiet and unassuming but had a hidden strength, but this is NOT how it is portrayed at all. Why are you saying you like Hinata's personality then flip and like when she's being out of character? ACTUAL Hinata would at best try to mitigate and be the voice of reason between the 2 fighting but that is not how it played out. Instead Hinta is acting like SAKURA. Therefore, are we to assume SP is saying that Hinata should be like Sakura, because SAKURA SHOULD BE WHOM NARUTO WAS MARRIED TO?

Seriously man give up trying to understand this """"""""Analyzer"""""""" it's much easier that way...

#68 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 06:58 PM

Hinata is simply not the type of the character who can put up with the real Naruto's antics in an interesting fashion. Thus, for any moment we see a glimpse of the real Naruto, they need to make Hinata turn into Sakura. In other words, NS is simply better and they know it. :yes:

Edited by ThroughWithLove, 02 August 2017 - 06:59 PM.

Posted Image

#69 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 07:40 PM

The gaiden took place right before the exam to graduate and become genin. One of the thing shikamaru pointed out to Naruto is that if he visit Sasuke he may miss his son's graduation.

So the kids went from 8 years old to 11-12 years old without any hint of a time skip.

#70 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 08:24 PM

I see zero indication of the "scary mother" persona in the original 700 chapters of the manga. The writers just want to have their cake and eat it. :confused:

Posted Image

#71 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 08:35 PM

No one said the timeline is confusing. They're eight years old. Simple as that. Gaiden happened when they're 11-12. So now Gaiden will change the age from when Sarada decided to find Sasuke?

The gaiden took place right before the exam to graduate and become genin. One of the thing shikamaru pointed out to Naruto is that if he visit Sasuke he may miss his son's graduation.

So the kids went from 8 years old to 11-12 years old without any hint of a time skip.

I don't think they got older. I think the age is still 8 yet Gaiden is now happening. At least that's what it appears to be the case.

#72 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 08:43 PM

ACTUAL Hinata would at best try to mitigate and be the voice of reason between the 2 fighting but that is not how it played out. Instead Hinta is acting like SAKURA. Therefore, are we to assume SP is saying that Hinata should be like Sakura, because SAKURA SHOULD BE WHOM NARUTO WAS MARRIED TO?

Of course they are. Because when it's all said and done, Naruto (the real one, not the short haired jackass version) and Hinata have zero onscreen chemistry. Never had. Never will. Sure, you can write these two together in a fanfic and maybe even do a pretty good job, but when it comes to the actual source material, that's the reality of the matter. The writers know this, which is why they compensate by altering Naruto's personality most of the time or moments like this when Hinata is suddenly Sakura in a Hinata costume (maybe that's the reason Naruto fell in love with her). It'd be hilarious if it weren't so sad. Hell, I'll laugh anyway. :lmao:

Edited by ThroughWithLove, 02 August 2017 - 08:47 PM.

Posted Image

#73 BlackShirtGuy

BlackShirtGuy

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 08:56 PM

Of course they are. Because when it's all said and done, Naruto (the real one, not the short haired jackass version) and Hinata have onscreen zero chemistry. Never had. Never will. Sure, you can be write these two together in a fanfic and maybe even do a pretty good job, but when it comes to the actual source material, that's the reality of the matter. The writers know this, which is why they compensate by altering Naruto's personality most of the time or moments like this when Hinata is suddenly Sakura in a Hinata costume. It'd be hilarious if it weren't so sad. Hell, I'll laugh anyway. :lmao:

Huh, I always thought that the reason they do this crap was because of the minato-kushina parallel and how some NH fanatics actually BELIEVE that Hinata acts like that because she resembles Kushina, yeah right. Also, isn't it kinda odd they do that considering NS and it's parallels were just a "Red Herring" ?

No one said the timeline is confusing. They're eight years old. Simple as that. Gaiden happened when they're 11-12. So now Gaiden will change the age from when Sarada decided to find Sasuke?

I don't think they got older. I think the age is still 8 yet Gaiden is now happening. At least that's what it appears to be the case.

Looking back, one could even say that timeskips are this series worst enemy, well that and SP bias for Hinata.
I mean think about it, the series started  from "I'm a kid that's hated by everyone in the village, I'm gonna become Hokage so everyone accepts and respect me" then, timeskip and then was all about "Getting Sasuke Back" and to add insult to injury neither he was stopped or conviced to stay in the stupid village.
Then we have the epilogue timeskip that we all know, it made no kittening sense, it literally was just, "this character married this one, this other character married this other character and so on, oh and btw Naruto's Hokage too"
Then we have The Last, that added ANOTHER timeskip for no reason other than Kishimoto thinking two 16-17 years old dating would be wrong, I mean seriously I don't know much about Japan, but I think that's pretty stupid way of thinking.
And then all the kitten with Boruto that I don't even want to understand, I watch the series fordalulz and haven't even touch the manga.
Yep this series truly is a mess, but at the very least all of part 1 will always hold a special place in my heart  :happy:

Edited by BlackShirtGuy, 02 August 2017 - 10:03 PM.

#74 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 08:58 PM

Summaries for episode 18 is up. 

You're assuming that they take the Chuunin Exams quite soon after. I think we should wait until we have all the information before jumping on that theory. We also don't have their exact age, at least as far as I am aware. This information would be nice, though. 

...No. I am stating that in the light novel that the first arc was based on they were 8 years old. In the gaiden Kishimoto stated that Salad was eleven years old. I did not mention the chunin exams I was talking about the graduation from the academy (the thing that happened in the first chapter of Naruto), and then maybe the genin test (the bell test from chapter 4).

I see zero indication of the "scary mother" persona in the original 700 chapters of the manga. The writers just want to have their cake and eat it. :confused:

Yep.

This. Or they didn't bother to explain the their was a time skip.

Of course they are. Because when it's all said and done, Naruto (the real one, not the short haired jackass version) and Hinata have zero onscreen chemistry. Never had. Never will. Sure, you can write these two together in a fanfic and maybe even do a pretty good job, but when it comes to the actual source material, that's the reality of the matter. The writers know this, which is why they compensate by altering Naruto's personality most of the time or moments like this when Hinata is suddenly Sakura in a Hinata costume (maybe that's the reason Naruto fell in love with her). It'd be hilarious if it weren't so sad. Hell, I'll laugh anyway. :lmao:

Agreed. Wish I could like it.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 02 August 2017 - 09:16 PM.

#75 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 09:06 PM

Huh, I always thought that the reason they do this crap was because of the minato-kushina parallel and how some NH fanatics actually BELIEVE that Hinata acts like that because she resembles Kushina, yeah right. Also, isn't it kinda odd they do that considering NS and it's parallels were just a "Red Herring" ?

They didn't start screaming "red herring" until after the Kishi interviews. Prior to that, those Minato/Kushina parallels were CLEARLY supporting NH, just in the inverse (Minato = Hinata and Naruto = Kushina) and those of us over here were too biased to see it. :roll:

Posted Image

#76 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 09:08 PM

They didn't start screaming "red herring" until after the Kishi interviews. Prior to that, those Minato/Kushina parallels were CLEARLY supporting NH, just in the inverse (Minato = Hinata and Naruto = Kushina) and those of us over here were too biased to see it. :roll:

Yup either that or the parallels weren't there at all. They were even called 'parallols'. Now it's confirmed that they were there on purpose, all because Kishi said it was a red herring. XDDD

ナルサク

#77 Khaleesi

Khaleesi

Mother of dragons

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,237 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 10:39 PM

Didnt Kishimoto said to that "no, the only one who resembles Kushina and the parallels for that matter is Sakura"?

dumbo-pink-elephants-on-parade1.gif?w=50

queen-harley.tumblr.com

#78 Charger76

Charger76

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 10:43 PM

Yeah. Plus the minato/hinata parallel is non existent outside of them both being more quiet. It was just a "red herring" for NS, not a parallel for NH

#79 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 11:51 PM

So let me ask you this: You just told us that parallels are weak and are nothing to stand on. But in the same post, you immediately try and show how Naruto and Hinata parallels Minato and Kushina. C'mon. Really?  :sweat:

sondisbait.thumb.png.0129795f4e068a6bc42

Posted Image

#80 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 12:04 AM

Anyone who says Minato and Kushina aren't the parallels of Naruto and Sakura clearly don't understand parallels and is grasping at straws.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users