• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:20 PM

Adventure Time is one of my favorite Cartoons not just in recent years but maybe one of my favorites of all time. It's fun, it's funny there's likeable Characters and I love this show's imagination. Besides the leads Finn and Jake (and their Female dopplegangers Fionna and Cake) some of my favorite Characters include Marceline (and her Male doppleganger Marshall Lee), Flame Princess, Earl Lemongrab, Beemo, Princess Bubblegum (voiced by one of my favorite Voice Actresses who also played Starfire in Teen Titans biggrin.gif), Ice King, Lady Unicorn and Peppermint Butler. My favorite Episode is It Came From The Nightosphere. I've seen the original Pilot and I've played the 3DS game and I own every DVD put out to date (even though there's run overs, where the hell is The Complete Season Two Cartoon Network?!). As far as pairings go I hate to sound predictable but I'm a big Finn X Princess Bubblegum Shipper, but I also like Finn X Flame Princess.

uc.png

#2 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:54 PM

It's hilarious.
SK-303_image007.jpg

#3 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my husband and sons of course. Playing video games, drawing, writing fanfics, reading, watching crime shows, and paranormal shows.

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:27 AM

I've seen a great amount of cartoons in my day, but I have never seen anything like Adventure Time. I have always been a fan of shows that are able to entire both adults and children (just like Animaniacs did for me and my parents) and Adventure time does just that with me and my kids. It's wacky, creative, imaginative world is one I love to lose myself in. The land of Ooo is just epic and the complex story line has not just me but my entire family wrapped in it. My son Kaiden adores Finn and Jake (his birthday next month will be Adventure time) and my husband and I both think it's simply alphanumeric! Pendleton Ward is a master, and his web series Bravest warriors is hilarious as well. It's basically Adventure time for older teens/adults so the jokes are more mature. Anyhow the show is great and it's a pity the episodes aren't 30 min long. My fav characters are Maracaline, LSP, Finn and of course Jake. I really do hope that the show continues because it shows how awesome cartoons can be.

tumblr_ooscnzcUtt1uz1wpso1_500.gif

#4 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:32 AM

It's the 'Sugary Apocalypse' feel that attracts me. Everything is sweet and nice, but there's almost always a darkness lurking beneath the surface.

#5 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:27 AM

I think my flame princess avatar speaks for itself.

Favorite characters, Flame Princess, Finn, Jake, Princess Bubblegum, and especially the Ice King.

#6 neoshadow

neoshadow

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:02 AM

QUOTE (Nate River @ Jan 14 2013, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think my flame princess avatar speaks for itself.

Favorite characters, Flame Princess, Finn, Jake, Princess Bubblegum, and especially the Ice King.

God I love Adventure Time and I didn't even realize that your avatar was Flame Princess, I feel incredibly stupid right now.

Konohakitten brought it up but I agree the reason that Adventure Time works so well is that it can be enjoyed by both children and adults, the world itself is bright and colourful and the stories and the jokes at the surface are straightforward enough for young children to follow and enjoy but there are a lot of hidden details, references and innuendos that only an adult would get.

The best cartoons to me have always taken this approach, Animaniacs, Avatar the Last Airbender and Batman the Animated Series (hell probably the entire DC Animated Universe) just to name a few.

Thought I'd also mention my favourite episode is Fiona and Cake just since it takes concepts born of the internet and makes it it's own and the twist at the very end is hilarious. Also Neil Patrick Harris and Donald Glover are always great.

If anyone has a Nintendo DS or 3DS then you can pick up Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why'd you steal our garbage?!! for quite cheap now. It's pretty short and really easy but it captures the show perfectly and it's a lot of fun.

Edited by neoshadow, 14 January 2013 - 03:06 AM.

#7 KonaKonaFan

KonaKonaFan

ve/ver

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Interests:you

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:00 AM

Of course I love Adventure Time! Flame Princess x Finn and Marceline x Princess Bubblegum are the best, and Lumpy Space Princess is my favorite character.

eileenbeautifulswan_zps46b60759.gif

#8 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:43 AM

Yeah, we dig Adventure Time in our house too.

There's a lot of good family-friendly shows out now. Where the substance is enjoyable for parents and kids. Phineas and Ferb, Gumball, and Spongebob are also house favorites for us. Fun and silly and relatively clever (well Phineas and Ferb is clever!) all at the same time.

Adventure Time is sort of trippy, especially with the music that sounds like it's made on an old casio keytar. But it definitely has heart.

#9 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:45 PM

QUOTE (tricksie @ Jan 20 2013, 09:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There's a lot of good family-friendly shows out now. Where the substance is enjoyable for parents and kids. Phineas and Ferb, Gumball, and Spongebob are also house favorites for us. Fun and silly and relatively clever (well Phineas and Ferb is clever!) all at the same time.

Adventure Time is sort of trippy, especially with the music that sounds like it's made on an old casio keytar. But it definitely has heart.

Ah, PnF.... probably one of the best shows I've seen, ever. I used to watch it to past the time before I had to go to school, and it's still hilarious. It's gotten funnier once I discovered how clever they hid inappropriate humor (for kids, that is).

Especially their use of Lampshade Hanging.

Edited by shadow_Uzumaki, 21 January 2013 - 04:46 PM.

#10 KonaKonaFan

KonaKonaFan

ve/ver

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:28 PM

QUOTE (tricksie @ Jan 20 2013, 09:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

PHINEAS AND FERB! That with Gravity Falls and the upcoming Wander over Yonder really makes me think that Disney's cartoon department is really getting better.

#11 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:44 PM

After seeing "I Remember You" again last night after the New Episode (which was pretty good in its own right) I think I may have a new favorite Episode. I globbin' love Marceline and her and Simon Petrekov/Ice King's past is so heartbreaking I can't wait for "Simon and Marcy" later this Season hopefully we'll see more of their past.

uc.png

#12 KonaKonaFan

KonaKonaFan

ve/ver

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:02 AM

QUOTE (Edward Uzumaki @ Jan 22 2013, 10:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
After seeing "I Remember You" again last night after the New Episode (which was pretty good in its own right) I think I may have a new favorite Episode. I globbin' love Marceline and her and Simon Petrekov/Ice King's past is so heartbreaking I can't wait for "Simon and Marcy" later this Season hopefully we'll see more of their past.

Indeed. An unexpected yet welcome relationship development.

#13 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my husband and sons of course. Playing video games, drawing, writing fanfics, reading, watching crime shows, and paranormal shows.

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:56 AM

QUOTE (Edward Uzumaki @ Jan 22 2013, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That episode really made me see Adventure Time in a much different light. To see the tormented past they both share was just so heart breaking, yet I find myself watching that episode the most. Anyhow speaking of Marcaline/Ice King future episode makes me also excited for the next Fionna and Cake episode. It has Marshall Lee in it, and le gasp he actually talks!!!

#14 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:52 PM

QUOTE (Konohakitten @ Jan 24 2013, 12:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That episode really made me see Adventure Time in a much different light. To see the tormented past they both share was just so heart breaking, yet I find myself watching that episode the most. Anyhow speaking of Marcaline/Ice King future episode makes me also excited for the next Fionna and Cake episode. It has Marshall Lee in it, and le gasp he actually talks!!!

Donald Glover FTW.

uc.png

#15 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:07 PM

Pretty pissed off about Adventure Time not showing this week due to the stupid "Hall Of Game Awards" but some good Adventure Time News did come out today:

http://www.tvshowson...-Season-2/18053

But does this mean they're only releasing One Season a Year? :-\ Oh well I suppose, it is coming out on Nettflix finally in March.

uc.png

#16 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:48 PM

Did anyone else see the leak of Bad little boy? It was sweet biggrin.gif but I dont think it was the whole episode that leaked, but the other half was just the first episode anyway. Anyhow Marshall Lee was awesome ♥

Edited by Konohakitten, 12 February 2013 - 12:16 AM.

#17 rikakim94

rikakim94

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:17 AM

I found this video of Lemongrab screaming what do you think? fu.png

#18 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:57 AM

Vault Of Bones was a great Episode that showed that while she's changed there's still room for improvement in Flame Princess' Character. Is she Good? Is she Bad? We'll have to see. And that Ending was PRICELESS. XD

uc.png

#19 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 03:59 AM

The Simon and Marcy episode leaked a few days ago and its still out!

The feels... --Click here to view--
Yeah so this just made me really feel for Ice King even more. I couldn't help but think zombie Apocalypse when we saw what was left of Earth, it was creepy. The monsters they had to face were just strange, made me wonder if they use to be ppl. Anyhow seeing Simon starting to lose his mind was heart breaking, especially when he called Marcy Gunther D: It was a really heart warming episode. Plus we got a little glimpse of one of princess bubble gums relatives. Also I will never ever listen to the cheers song the same way again!! Oh and I wanted to ask who else here thinks that Marcalines mom was a human, because it would make sense. I mean Simon finds her alone and we all know that her dad Hunson is in the nightoshpere so it would make more sense that her mother perished with the rest of humanity while she was spared because shes a half breed, thoughts?

#20 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:17 PM

Simon and Marcy was a great Episode, I'm gonna miss Rebecca Sugar's storyboards.

A Glitch Is A Glitch was a great April Fools Episode that was full of mindkittenery.

uc.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users