Close
Photo

Do you think this would happen if NaruSaku became canon?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
111 replies to this topic

#61 ichaichamaster

ichaichamaster

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 01:54 PM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ May 5 2012, 02:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree, but the biggest issue with this is that people argue that since he doesn't know what he is talking about then he doesn't really see that Naruto actually loves Hinata or something along those lines and blah blah blah. It's always an issue when people want to be selective with what characters say and pick apart each word. NH fans say that Sai doesn't know anything when he told Sakura Naruto loves her, but say he 100% correct when he says that Sakura loves Sasuke.

So we have this moment where people say he is not a good source to follow love by...however, the fact that we got the scene where Sai basically asks Naruto if he loves Sakura and whether or not he told her kind of back up the fact that Sai knows Naruto loves Sakura. (Yeah, he says "really like" and not love, but I think this is semantics and "really like" and "love" kind of fall in the same category.)

But I fear we are going off topic on this. I think by the time Sakura chooses Naruto, she won't think of Sasuke as a lover anymore. Maybe as a former teammate, but once she chooses she is going to remain with that choice with no regrets.

well sai asked naruto if he loved sakura, and naruto sorta confirmed his feelings, but when it was about sakura loving sasuke, he just had a huch. Besides i don't know for sure, but i think in the original japanese he said sakura liked sasuke, i mean he said the verb daikisu "like" i guess and japanese people don't really use tenses that good as english, so he could have said "sakura loved sasuke" or "sakura liked sasuke" the second being the more fitting for his dialogue, atleast for me. I mean she wanted to kill sasuke to get him rid of darkness and naruto also wants to kill sasuke (but naruto goes kamikaze ...) so it's more fitting if it's "like" unless naruto loves sasuke in yaoi..
Writing is a disease and it's only one symptom is insonia

A victory is momentary, but a failure is forever. Failure is well enjoyed with friends and love ones.

Search and build the true peace and love (not a hippie quote XD)

Dead man's party

Sasuke is invited...XD

#62 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 02:26 PM

QUOTE (ichaichamaster @ May 5 2012, 01:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well sai asked naruto if he loved sakura, and naruto sorta confirmed his feelings, but when it was about sakura loving sasuke, he just had a huch. Besides i don't know for sure, but i think in the original japanese he said sakura liked sasuke, i mean he said the verb daikisu "like" i guess and japanese people don't really use tenses that good as english, so he could have said "sakura loved sasuke" or "sakura liked sasuke" the second being the more fitting for his dialogue, atleast for me. I mean she wanted to kill sasuke to get him rid of darkness and naruto also wants to kill sasuke (but naruto goes kamikaze ...) so it's more fitting if it's "like" unless naruto loves sasuke in yaoi..

I think suki means "like" and akitteneru means "love".

ナルサク

#63 ichaichamaster

ichaichamaster

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 03:51 PM

and daikisu means love a lot, no wonder it could have been a translation error, but it changes a lot

A victory is momentary, but a failure is forever. Failure is well enjoyed with friends and love ones.

Dead man's party

Sasuke is invited...XD

#64 Fenris

Fenris

back from the dead

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 03:55 PM

QUOTE (ichaichamaster @ May 3 2012, 06:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i totally agree with you, and as for the moment sakura sees naruto as a hero and realises her feelings is pretty near. chapter 573 was a good example of that because sakura was recognizing naruto's heroism and she even says she won't let him fight on his own, now that ladies and getelmen might have a romantic inuendo, since kishi likes doing stuff like, and meaning of this might be that sakura won't leave naruto's side, both figuratively and literaly

I agree. Maybe Hinata will just come to terms and accept that Naruto loves Sakura.

tumblr_nn5rgcX8lv1rq9ihbo4_500.gif

jus drein jus daun.
---------------------------------------------------

#65 ichaichamaster

ichaichamaster

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 04:06 PM

there is one thing that don't recall. was the lover nin an enemy? i mean he was panting after leaving sakura, and somehow he felt fishy to me

Dead man's party

Sasuke is invited...XD

#66 Deej

Deej

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 06:05 PM

QUOTE (ichaichamaster @ May 5 2012, 05:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
there is one thing that don't recall. was the lover nin an enemy? i mean he was panting after leaving sakura, and somehow he felt fishy to me

Kishi used him as a red herring for the real Zetsu clone disguised as Neji. So he was likely a legit love sick guy. I was always creeped out by him since he looked so much older than Sakura. tongue.gif

I also find it funny that Ino, for all her blonde beauty, can't get one guy interested in her. While Sakura has to beat them off with sticks. And idiots still attack Sakura's looks.

#67 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 09:23 PM

QUOTE (ichaichamaster @ May 5 2012, 08:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
and daikisu means love a lot, no wonder it could have been a translation error, but it changes a lot

"Daisuki."

Sorry if I seem like a grammar Nazi or something, just correcting an error.

No matter how Sai said it, it plays out as him asking if Naruto loves Sakura. I don't think anyone can argue this even if he said it another way. It is especially confirmed when he asked Naruto whether he told her his feelings.

I am always a firm believer that it is not what you say, it is how you say it. And well, the way he said it shows that he more or less asked if Naruto loved Sakura.
My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#68 ichaichamaster

ichaichamaster

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 10:03 PM

not at all it's always good to get corrected. and what i meant it would change everything was when sai said in chap 474 that sakura has done it because she liked or loved sasuke, not when sai asked naruto if he loved sakura, he wouldn't have to ask so that we got to know that

Edited by ichaichamaster, 06 May 2012 - 09:23 AM.

Dead man's party

Sasuke is invited...XD

#69 Paptala

Paptala

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 03:00 AM

Daisuki literally means "great like". There are three levels of confessing romance - suki, daisuki, and aishtieru. The last is very rarely used, and is a very powerful form of love - to my knowledge, the only time this has ever been used in the manga was when Kushina told Naruto that she loved him.

Thus, when having love confessions, the less powerful suki and daisuki tend to be used. Honto (literally "really" - as in "I really like you!") can be used to strengthen the confession.

There's a certain phraseology used when confessing in japanese - "Anata no koto ga suki/daisuki desu." which is probably why Sakura's thoughts in 442 about Hinata was translated as "Hinata loves Naruto" b/c she was thinking something similar to that line.

Anyways, the context Sai asked Naruto about liking Sakura was most definitely romantic - it's no secret that Naruto and Sakura are friends and that Sakura is aware of that fact - why on earth would Naruto look so shocked at being asked if he likes Sakura as a friend, and why would Sai ask if Naruto's told Sakura that he likes her as a friend? Context makes clear what the translation doesn't always.
0mDsIUH.gif
7VO00.png
set art by yui  |

#70 Master_Naruto

Master_Naruto

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 05:08 AM

QUOTE (ichaichamaster @ May 5 2012, 05:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I do agree that sai pushes naruto and sakura, but as for him saying she loves sasuke or whatever ( i really need someone to tell me what he really in chapter 474) i don't think he knows what he is talking about i mean im not only seeing by my ns fan googles, but said has never known 12 year old sakura and he sucks at getting peoples' feelings, that's why he pushes naruto and sakura to have romantic tension between them, and i wouldn't take sai's interpretation of sakura's feelings,that's like asking a baby to do your maths test, not really a good idea....

As for the love nin at chapter 540, i don't take that as slap to ns for some reasons, the first being that sakura said there is someone else she loves, that could be naruto or sasuke, but for the sake of my point i will assume it was naruto who she loves at that point. then the guy says (manga reader translation, need a new one please??) "if it's someone that you like, then they're bound to be a great person" now english isn't my first language but i know for a fact the guy "they are" menaing naruto and sasuke. So the guy bassicly says sakura probably only loves good guys, that's what i get from the line he quoted, but let's assume she loved sasuke and now loves naruto. of course sasuke isn't a good guy so that's why sakura remembered him with darkness and all that stuff and became depressed, because she cares for sasuke at some extent, possibly like naruto (no yaoi pun intended XD) that's why she couldn't kill him after her confession, that's why she gets sad at things related to sasuke as naruto does, and that's what she lied in her confession, that she didn't care for sasuke anymore, and notice that in her confession she doesn't say the verb "love", but "care" so yeah...

What do you guys think of it? do you agree or disagree, i mean i want to see your views on this mini-theory thing

I totally agree with you here! When I read that chapter, Sakura's response to the lover nin seemed really non-hesitant. I'm almost positive she WAS NOT thinking of Sasuke at that moment. I cannot see Sakura actually thinking of hooking up with Sasuke after the war is over so the only logical choice is that she was indeed planning on progressing things with Naruto further when she stated that there was someone else she was interested in to the lover nin.

But yeah, the reason why she thought of Sasuke was because of the last comment by the lover nin.

Kishi is being way subtle with these things now that the end is coming up.

Edited by Master_Naruto, 06 May 2012 - 05:10 AM.

Naruto%2BGif%2BRun%2Baway%2BHInata%2BCreRUN NARUTO!!!!

#71 ichaichamaster

ichaichamaster

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:27 AM

QUOTE (Paptala @ May 6 2012, 04:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Daisuki literally means "great like". There are three levels of confessing romance - suki, daisuki, and aishtieru. The last is very rarely used, and is a very powerful form of love - to my knowledge, the only time this has ever been used in the manga was when Kushina told Naruto that she loved him.

Thus, when having love confessions, the less powerful suki and daisuki tend to be used. Honto (literally "really" - as in "I really like you!") can be used to strengthen the confession.

There's a certain phraseology used when confessing in japanese - "Anata no koto ga suki/daisuki desu." which is probably why Sakura's thoughts in 442 about Hinata was translated as "Hinata loves Naruto" b/c she was thinking something similar to that line.

Anyways, the context Sai asked Naruto about liking Sakura was most definitely romantic - it's no secret that Naruto and Sakura are friends and that Sakura is aware of that fact - why on earth would Naruto look so shocked at being asked if he likes Sakura as a friend, and why would Sai ask if Naruto's told Sakura that he likes her as a friend? Context makes clear what the translation doesn't always.

well thanks for correcting me, since you seem to know more japanese than i do, may i ask you this? what did sai said in chapter 474? did he really said ″she did it because she loves him (sasuke)¨?

Dead man's party

Sasuke is invited...XD

#72 Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Solo Leveler

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, manhwa, manhua, video games, novels, web novels, 3D comics, drones and RC driving. Writing web novels.

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:58 AM

I really don't see the immense issue if Sakura still loves Sasuke. Quite frankly, she has never loved Sasuke, only infatuated with him to begin with. The memories of her former teammate, and how she bond with him could never be forgotten.

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952upk4zqyleuyocv60f0z

"My name is Sung Ji-woo. Some called me the Assassin of Death. A Necromancer Deity... My journey has been nothing but walking over a mountain of corpses. My legion of the dead reigns supreme. None shall block my way or... face the wrath of my blades!" --Solo Leveling.

#73 ichaichamaster

ichaichamaster

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 10:05 AM

it's always good to know what kishi really wrote

Dead man's party

Sasuke is invited...XD

#74 xxRomanceGirlxx

xxRomanceGirlxx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Debating, Anime/Manga (Naruto, Inuyasha, DBZ, Hetalia etc.), TV shows, Shipping
    Dislikes: Bashing, Double standards, Hypocrisy, NaruHina, SasuSaku, SasuKarin
    OTPs: NaruSaku (Naruto), Bangel (BtVS), InuKag (Inuyasha), LeafpoolxCrowfeather (Warriors), Percabeth (PJS), Kataang (AtLA)

Posted 09 May 2012 - 07:35 AM

QUOTE (Paptala @ May 6 2012, 12:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

NaruHina fans like to point out that Sai just assumed Naruto loves Sakura. The majority of them saw that flashback but since the popular translation is "really like" or "like" Sakura, NaruHina fans are convinced that Naruto only has a crush on Sakura yet Hinata's feelings are love and apparently undying facepalm.png . Honestly, I read the chapter myself but I saw two versions. "Love" and "Like". I strongly believe the "like" version was mistranslated. If Sai only said "Do you like Sakura?", Naruto wouldn't have been so shocked and flustered. If it was simply that, then Naruto would have probably blushed a little and said yes. But he had like an air of seriousness and overreaction to Sai's question that seems to fit Sai saying love. Do we have any prove that the the "Like" version was a mistranslation rolleyes.gif ?

"I absolutely can't let you die! I can't! I won't let you die ... your stupid dream ... now it's ... it's right in front of us!!"                                                                             ----Sakura Haruno                                                                              

#75 Malverstation

Malverstation

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 80 posts
  • Interests:Art<br />Animals-Tigers<br />Fanfictions<br />NaruSaku

Posted 10 June 2012 - 07:09 AM

QUOTE (Paptala @ May 3 2012, 05:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Of course not - for plot reasons if nothing else. Whoever Kishi ends up pairing together in the manga in the end is going to be together because they want to be together and because they love each other unconditionally. All of the pairings have been that way, even if it takes the female a long time to realize her feelings for the guy (read: Tsunade and Jiraiya).

Exactly what I was thinking. If Kishi settles on any pairing, he would be sure to give Naruto the dedicated and pure kind of love that he deserves. As I keep saying, what Sakura needs most is closure with Sasuke. She isn't getting that right now so she is rocky on her relationship status. Once she knows for sure and it is true and pure, there will be no regrets.

#76 Malverstation

Malverstation

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 80 posts
  • Interests:Art<br />Animals-Tigers<br />Fanfictions<br />NaruSaku

Posted 10 June 2012 - 07:39 AM

QUOTE (xxRomanceGirlxx @ May 9 2012, 08:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
NaruHina fans like to point out that Sai just assumed Naruto loves Sakura. The majority of them saw that flashback but since the popular translation is "really like" or "like" Sakura, NaruHina fans are convinced that Naruto only has a crush on Sakura yet Hinata's feelings are love and apparently undying facepalm.png . Honestly, I read the chapter myself but I saw two versions. "Love" and "Like". I strongly believe the "like" version was mistranslated. If Sai only said "Do you like Sakura?", Naruto wouldn't have been so shocked and flustered. If it was simply that, then Naruto would have probably blushed a little and said yes. But he had like an air of seriousness and overreaction to Sai's question that seems to fit Sai saying love. Do we have any prove that the the "Like" version was a mistranslation rolleyes.gif ?

I am not sure what the original Japanese translation would be but I think you are forgetting in terms of Sai's vocabulary and social understandings. I think it would have been out of character for Sai to say "love" instead of "like". He doesn't fully understand these relationships himself but does know there is something there in terms of Naruto with Sakura. To say he knows exactly what it is would be false, thus is why he asks to confirm what he reads since only reading had got him in heaps of trouble.

Sai: "Hey, Naruto...you like Sakura, don't you?"
Naruto: "Wha!"
Sai: "I saw it in a book..that one tends to smile all the time in front of someone he or she loves. You're like that around Sakura, have you told her?

And yes, Sai goes on and uses "like" when he confronts Sakura in the tent again but if this was just a normal "like", Sakura wouldn't have cried or been so shocked. Naruto has done a lot for her (the promise and almost dying for it and even saving her life), so saying he liked her as a friend and comrade wouldn't have shook Sakura up so much if Sai said that. Sai meant in terms of more than as a friend and Sakura knew it.

NaruHina fans apparently don't take Sakuras reaction into consideration....do they?

#77 Dragunov

Dragunov

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts
  • Interests:lol git

Posted 10 June 2012 - 08:20 AM

What I was wondering was what would it take for Sakura to completely forget about Sasuke? Her feelings havent let up even after what he's done.

#78 kidNinja

kidNinja

Ruining your life since 1992

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 11:46 AM

QUOTE (Dragunov @ Jun 10 2012, 02:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What I was wondering was what would it take for Sakura to completely forget about Sasuke? Her feelings havent let up even after what he's done.

I wouldn't say that. I mean, look how he was depicted in 540.
NaruSaku...we believe in logic NOT fanfiction

Check out my story, Chain Reaction: Iron Revolution here

#79 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 12:13 PM

QUOTE (Dragunov @ Jun 10 2012, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

She must meet him again. And realize that he's not the boy she fell in love with, he's not the boy that will make her happy.

ナルサク

#80 Branden

Branden

The man who's going to save the world.

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 01:56 PM

QUOTE (SakuraHarunoChan @ Dec 5 2011, 11:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do you think Sakura would sometimes still want Sasuke?

wow, I never actually thought about that. that just made me rethink narusaku entirely....

right now if sakura got together with naruto it would be because she cant be with sasuke and naruto is her silver medal. and even if that wasnt true, naruto wouldnt believe it, and he would never believe she loves him.

damn, this is really really bad. I know theres a solution to this, but what is it?

Romance_Dawn_Arc.png

"This hat means a lot to me. Promise me you'll give it back someday...

when you've become a great pirate." -Shanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users