Close
Photo

Its sad that the gusty ninja novel has more better story telling than naruto.

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 rikakim94

rikakim94

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 07:51 PM

Just by reading the short summary of what the entire book is about is just interesting.

I found this entire summary from another site way back when.

The book is semi-autobiographical in nature, loosely based on Jiraiya's life, perhaps mixed in with a bit of Nagato's. It's presented as if it were really written by Jiraiya, and beneath the slip cover it looks more or less just like the book shown in the manga and anime. It includes photographs and biographical information on Jiraiya, and a dedication to Nagato.

It takes place in a fictional Shinobi World, in a region known as Shukukotsu Konton ("Sudden Chaos") which contains four ninja villages. The two most powerful villages are Shuku ("Quick") in the South, and Kotsu ("Abrupt") in the North. In the center of the country are Kon ("Confusion") and Ton ("Disorder"), a pair of villages seperated by Mount Hyakki ("Hundred Turtle Mountain"). Kon and Ton were once a single village named Konton ("Chaos"), but at the end of the First Shinobi War was divided in two. The story is set after the Second Shinobi War.

The main character is Naruto Musasabi, a jōnin from Shuku. His personality is more or less a mixture of Jiraiya and Naruto. He's been trained in the Sage Arts, and his favorite ninjutsu appears to be Jinpū Hazan ("Gale Supreme Slash"), a technique in which he generates a focused whirlwind. He later performs a Rasengan-style signature attack called Suseigan ("Comet Sphere"), in which he creates a giant ball of wind and lightning. Musasabi means "flying squirrel".

The rival character is Renge Momoashi, a fellow jōnin from Shuku who goes missing-nin and abandons the village before the story starts. He's similar to Orochimaru and Sasuke. His clan symbol is the centipede, and it seems that he has access to some giant centipedes and can probably also summon them. He has a technique called Mizu no Tsuki ("Watery Moon") in which his form sways and flickers, allowing him to easily avoid enemy attacks.

The female protagonist is named Tsuyu, also a jōnin, and a medical-nin similar to Tsunade and Sakura. She seems to have feelings for Renge, and is shocked by the cruel realities of the Shinobi world. She has a technique called Fūton: Midare Hyakka ("Wind Release: Riot of a Hundred Flowers"), a palm strike that releases a gust of air filled with flower petals.

Team Naruto gets a replacement for Renge relatively early on, Nikaku Onikoma, a veteran of the First Shinboi War once known as the infamous Nikaku the Assassin. He's a sensor-type ninja assigned to help them track down Renge. The catch? Nikaku's a donkey. Or, rather, he's been disguised as a donkey since the end of the First Shinobi War in order to keep himself hidden from the public, who believe that he was executed for slaughtering his allies on the battlefield. He and Naruto argue a lot. He's a skilled shinobi and has several abilities, many of which seem to revolve around a large gourd he wears around his neck. Naruto's Suseigan is also inspired by Nikaku's weaker Fūton: Ryūseigan ("Wind Release: Meteor Sphere"). Onikoma means "demon horse".

The trio's sensei is a man named Shū, who seems to primarily be there to scold Naruto when he talks out of turn. He leads his own cell, Team Shū, which acts as Shuku's Black Ops division. He doesn't seem very important, from what I can tell.

The leader of Shuku is Kokage Mahiro, the Third Village Chief. His predecessor was Kaen Mahiro, who carried out some controverscial actions during the end of the First Shinobi War.

The leader of Kotsu is Muei Yagyū, a legendary shinobi similar to Hanzo. During the Second Shinobi War, he named Naruto, Renge, and Tsuyu the Legendary Sannin. Probably named after Yagyū Jubei, who has legendary reputation similar to Hattori Hanzo's in ninja folklore.

The leader of Kon is named Kaosu (pronounced like "Chaos"), and one of the Kon jōnin is named Shima, though I haven't really been able to find anything out about them.

The story starts with a prologue, which is the same story that was summarized in the manga and anime, in which we saw Naruto (as invisioned by Naruto and Nagato) fight a bad guy who was attempting to attack Shuku. After this brief prologue, it goes into the main story.

Naruto and Tsuyu are summoned to a meeting with Kokage, where they learn that the village of Ton has been destroyed by Mount Hyakki, which it seems has shifted its position in order to do so. We learn that Konton was once a single village, and that Totsu was trying to conquer them. Konton looked to Shuku for aid, and together they began the Souten Project ("Heavenly Funeral Project") in an attempt to develop a forbidden jutsu with supreme destructive force: Gukōizan, named after a Japanese saying which basically means "Even a fool can move a mountain if he's persistent".

However, at the end of the First Shinobi War, there was an opportunity for peace and the technique wasn't needed. Kokage's predecessor, Kaen, decided to kill everyone connected with the Souten Project, and divided the villages in two to keep the information on the forbidden jutsu from leaking out. Naruto and Renge's father's were both killed during that war, and it seems there is a possibility that they were involved in the Project.

On top of this, Renge's left the village as a Missing-nin. In flashbacks, Naruto remembers that Renge thought the Shinobi World was much bigger than Shuku Village, and that it had no beginning or end, like a snake biting its own tail. He felt like Shuku wasn't big enough for him. Kokage seems to have evidence that Renge may be working with the villagers of Kon, and may have been involved in the destruction of Ton.

Naruto attempts to investigate Renge's house, but inside is attacked by a giant centipede. He manages to defeat, but is bitten on the back and seems to develop a marking on his back similar to a crused seal, resembling cross between a spider web and a compass. He finds a hidden room in the house with the same marking drawn across the wall in red.

The next day he and Tsuyu are summoned to speak to the Kokage again, and he assigns them on the mission to recover Renge and bring him back to the village alive. For that purpose they are assigned a third team member, a sensor-type that can track them down: Nikaku. After Naruto and Nikaku argue and fight and have some silly donkey-related shenanigans, they set out to find Renge.

However, I don't know what happens after this point in the story, and I haven't been able to find much information about it on Japanese websites. :/ 

Its such a shame that this is suppose to foreshadow what happens in the ending but, nope the story does a 360 of all the characters, all plot points never got resolved, naruto just becomes hokage theres no built up of him changing the ninja world for the better. Also all pairings were one sided until the very very end. Overall a decent written novel like this becomes useless in the end is such a waste...

Edited by rikakim94, 23 February 2015 - 01:39 AM.

#2 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 09:57 PM

Man, the summary looks so promising and amazing

I don't know the whole story but I know for a fact what happens at the end

spoiler

So as you see, even the finale made more sense than Naruto's finale  :lmao:

tumblr_obno1yoNj11suy1fso1_540.gif

:eager:  Persona 5 hype     :eager:

#3 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts
  • Interests:Writing

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 23 February 2015 - 01:03 AM

If only we got a release of this novel in the US. 

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#4 RedFaction

RedFaction

Legendary Pirate

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 01:26 AM

The Naruto in tales of a gusty ninja is way more badass than the Nardo we're stuck with now.

The Real Naruto

#5 rikakim94

rikakim94

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 01:37 AM

Man, the summary looks so promising and amazing

I don't know the whole story but I know for a fact what happens at the end

spoiler

So as you see, even the finale made more sense than Naruto's finale  :lmao:

Im aware of what happened in the end the character tsuyu fell in love with naruto and she changed her mind out of her own will rather than the back and forth bs we got instead in the naruto manga. Even if the ending is a open ending i still prefer it rather than the bs we got instead.

If only we got a release of this novel in the US. 

Yeah it sucks that were stuck with germany/Italian/ japanese version I have the jap version with me but i have to master japanese to understand everything.  :sad:

The Naruto in tales of a gusty ninja is way more badass than the Nardo we're stuck with now.

The Real Naruto

Yup This naruto stayed true towards his words and never gave up.

Edit: Its funny that the parallel of sakura in this story fights along with naruto aganist sasuke (renge) while in the manga she gets sidelined while narusasu duke it out.

Page 159 - Naruto's memories

[Naruto and Tsuyu are finally facing Renge, the traitor. They are trying to convince him to come back to the village with them but he refuses, explaining them his reasons. This makes Naruto reminiscing
 some experiences they shared together.]

Shu: Sensei of Naruto, Tsuyu and Renge

~~~~~ 

The air became heavier.
At the age of six, the trio started to train in ninjutsu. Those childhood days flowed before Naruto's eyes.
At the time of the Second Great Ninja War, they fought side by side, as a team. God, how many times Renge saved his life...

" The ramen of the Icho restaurant that Shu sensei used to offer us at the end of class....the days where we used to skip school to go off the beach for a swim... and that time when we hid to peep on Tsuyu while she was changing her swimsuit... she hit me so hard I survived miraculously. Even though Renge was there with me, she didn't even touch him, on the contrary...Tsuyu blushed...kitten, now that I think about it, in the embarrassment she also looked pleased.

On that day, when I found out that she was in love with Renge, I couldn't stop my tears....when then Renge turned her down I couldn't hold my anger...
To be honest the situation we are in right now reminds me a bit of that moment..."

[They then proceed to fight with their summonings.
If you are curious, their summonings are:
Naruto: a giant mouse, Tora.
Tsuyu: a giant mythological bird, Karura.
Renge: a giant millipedes, Gokomaru.]

♪───O☆O────♪

Edited by rikakim94, 23 February 2015 - 04:50 AM.

#6 Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Solo Leveler

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, manhwa, manhua, video games, novels, web novels, 3D comics, drones and RC driving. Writing web novels.

Posted 24 February 2015 - 10:50 AM

Just by reading the short summary of what the entire book is about is just interesting.

I found this entire summary from another site way back when.

The book is semi-autobiographical in nature, loosely based on Jiraiya's life, perhaps mixed in with a bit of Nagato's. It's presented as if it were really written by Jiraiya, and beneath the slip cover it looks more or less just like the book shown in the manga and anime. It includes photographs and biographical information on Jiraiya, and a dedication to Nagato.

It takes place in a fictional Shinobi World, in a region known as Shukukotsu Konton ("Sudden Chaos") which contains four ninja villages. The two most powerful villages are Shuku ("Quick") in the South, and Kotsu ("Abrupt") in the North. In the center of the country are Kon ("Confusion") and Ton ("Disorder"), a pair of villages seperated by Mount Hyakki ("Hundred Turtle Mountain"). Kon and Ton were once a single village named Konton ("Chaos"), but at the end of the First Shinobi War was divided in two. The story is set after the Second Shinobi War.

The main character is Naruto Musasabi, a jōnin from Shuku. His personality is more or less a mixture of Jiraiya and Naruto. He's been trained in the Sage Arts, and his favorite ninjutsu appears to be Jinpū Hazan ("Gale Supreme Slash"), a technique in which he generates a focused whirlwind. He later performs a Rasengan-style signature attack called Suseigan ("Comet Sphere"), in which he creates a giant ball of wind and lightning. Musasabi means "flying squirrel".

The rival character is Renge Momoashi, a fellow jōnin from Shuku who goes missing-nin and abandons the village before the story starts. He's similar to Orochimaru and Sasuke. His clan symbol is the centipede, and it seems that he has access to some giant centipedes and can probably also summon them. He has a technique called Mizu no Tsuki ("Watery Moon") in which his form sways and flickers, allowing him to easily avoid enemy attacks.

The female protagonist is named Tsuyu, also a jōnin, and a medical-nin similar to Tsunade and Sakura. She seems to have feelings for Renge, and is shocked by the cruel realities of the Shinobi world. She has a technique called Fūton: Midare Hyakka ("Wind Release: Riot of a Hundred Flowers"), a palm strike that releases a gust of air filled with flower petals.

Team Naruto gets a replacement for Renge relatively early on, Nikaku Onikoma, a veteran of the First Shinboi War once known as the infamous Nikaku the Assassin. He's a sensor-type ninja assigned to help them track down Renge. The catch? Nikaku's a donkey. Or, rather, he's been disguised as a donkey since the end of the First Shinobi War in order to keep himself hidden from the public, who believe that he was executed for slaughtering his allies on the battlefield. He and Naruto argue a lot. He's a skilled shinobi and has several abilities, many of which seem to revolve around a large gourd he wears around his neck. Naruto's Suseigan is also inspired by Nikaku's weaker Fūton: Ryūseigan ("Wind Release: Meteor Sphere"). Onikoma means "demon horse".

The trio's sensei is a man named Shū, who seems to primarily be there to scold Naruto when he talks out of turn. He leads his own cell, Team Shū, which acts as Shuku's Black Ops division. He doesn't seem very important, from what I can tell.

The leader of Shuku is Kokage Mahiro, the Third Village Chief. His predecessor was Kaen Mahiro, who carried out some controverscial actions during the end of the First Shinobi War.

The leader of Kotsu is Muei Yagyū, a legendary shinobi similar to Hanzo. During the Second Shinobi War, he named Naruto, Renge, and Tsuyu the Legendary Sannin. Probably named after Yagyū Jubei, who has legendary reputation similar to Hattori Hanzo's in ninja folklore.

The leader of Kon is named Kaosu (pronounced like "Chaos"), and one of the Kon jōnin is named Shima, though I haven't really been able to find anything out about them.

The story starts with a prologue, which is the same story that was summarized in the manga and anime, in which we saw Naruto (as invisioned by Naruto and Nagato) fight a bad guy who was attempting to attack Shuku. After this brief prologue, it goes into the main story.

Naruto and Tsuyu are summoned to a meeting with Kokage, where they learn that the village of Ton has been destroyed by Mount Hyakki, which it seems has shifted its position in order to do so. We learn that Konton was once a single village, and that Totsu was trying to conquer them. Konton looked to Shuku for aid, and together they began the Souten Project ("Heavenly Funeral Project") in an attempt to develop a forbidden jutsu with supreme destructive force: Gukōizan, named after a Japanese saying which basically means "Even a fool can move a mountain if he's persistent".

However, at the end of the First Shinobi War, there was an opportunity for peace and the technique wasn't needed. Kokage's predecessor, Kaen, decided to kill everyone connected with the Souten Project, and divided the villages in two to keep the information on the forbidden jutsu from leaking out. Naruto and Renge's father's were both killed during that war, and it seems there is a possibility that they were involved in the Project.

On top of this, Renge's left the village as a Missing-nin. In flashbacks, Naruto remembers that Renge thought the Shinobi World was much bigger than Shuku Village, and that it had no beginning or end, like a snake biting its own tail. He felt like Shuku wasn't big enough for him. Kokage seems to have evidence that Renge may be working with the villagers of Kon, and may have been involved in the destruction of Ton.

Naruto attempts to investigate Renge's house, but inside is attacked by a giant centipede. He manages to defeat, but is bitten on the back and seems to develop a marking on his back similar to a crused seal, resembling cross between a spider web and a compass. He finds a hidden room in the house with the same marking drawn across the wall in red.

The next day he and Tsuyu are summoned to speak to the Kokage again, and he assigns them on the mission to recover Renge and bring him back to the village alive. For that purpose they are assigned a third team member, a sensor-type that can track them down: Nikaku. After Naruto and Nikaku argue and fight and have some silly donkey-related shenanigans, they set out to find Renge.

However, I don't know what happens after this point in the story, and I haven't been able to find much information about it on Japanese websites. :/ 

Its such a shame that this is suppose to foreshadow what happens in the ending but, nope the story does a 360 of all the characters, all plot points never got resolved, naruto just becomes hokage theres no built up of him changing the ninja world for the better. Also all pairings were one sided until the very very end. Overall a decent written novel like this becomes useless in the end is such a waste...

Its not just any novel. Its Jiraiya's prediction on the prophecy child named Naruto that foretells the events of the 4th Ninja war and how it ends. And guess what? The manga's version destroyed The Gusty Tales novel. jiraiya's prediction was kittented on due to money milking greedy organizations, Hinata otakus at SP, Kishi doesn't give a kitten up his work and and fanservice.

Who would have thought Jiraya's own novel would turn out to kitten on his character even in death. Jiraiya must be rolling in his grave alongside MK and cursing how much he never predicted and wrote in the novel. A sad a tragic way for a closure to one of Naruto's finest characters.

Edited by Konoha'sCrimsonFox, 24 February 2015 - 10:51 AM.

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952upk4zqyleuyocv60f0z

"My name is Sung Ji-woo. Some called me the Assassin of Death. A Necromancer Deity... My journey has been nothing but walking over a mountain of corpses. My legion of the dead reigns supreme. None shall block my way or... face the wrath of my blades!" --Solo Leveling.

#7 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 02:55 AM

Its not just any novel. Its Jiraiya's prediction on the prophecy child named Naruto that foretells the events of the 4th Ninja war and how it ends. And guess what? The manga's version destroyed The Gusty Tales novel. jiraiya's prediction was kittented on due to money milking greedy organizations, Hinata otakus at SP, Kishi doesn't give a kitten up his work and and fanservice.

Who would have thought Jiraya's own novel would turn out to kitten on his character even in death. Jiraiya must be rolling in his grave alongside MK and cursing how much he never predicted and wrote in the novel. A sad a tragic way for a closure to one of Naruto's finest characters.

lol man ,it was just a novel , not a prediction at all

if this was true then this would just make the whole story a lot more stupid, bc the more you follow the whole destiny thing the more it hurts the story because it destroys a part 1 main plot point

saying things should turn out as the book because it was some kind of prediction is lame .

#8 Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Solo Leveler

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, manhwa, manhua, video games, novels, web novels, 3D comics, drones and RC driving. Writing web novels.

Posted 26 February 2015 - 10:06 AM

lol man ,it was just a novel , not a prediction at all

if this was true then this would just make the whole story a lot more stupid, bc the more you follow the whole destiny thing the more it hurts the story because it destroys a part 1 main plot point

saying things should turn out as the book because it was some kind of prediction is lame .

Sorry I meant the Great Toad Sage's prediction. Didn't the toad Sage said to him that Jiraiya was going to write the book about of the prophecy child "Naruto" based off his predictions? That's where Jiraiya wrote the novel about in with fictional characters. And sadly, Kushina and Minato read the novel about their son's without even knowing about it, which turned out to be a red herring lol.

I have no problem with stories that are foretold what's predicted in the future. The problem that I have with them is good plot consistency, which sadly this manga never had.

Edited by Konoha'sCrimsonFox, 26 February 2015 - 10:08 AM.

"My name is Sung Ji-woo. Some called me the Assassin of Death. A Necromancer Deity... My journey has been nothing but walking over a mountain of corpses. My legion of the dead reigns supreme. None shall block my way or... face the wrath of my blades!" --Solo Leveling.

#9 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 10:25 AM

Sorry I meant the Great Toad Sage's prediction. Didn't the toad Sage said to him that Jiraiya was going to write the book about of the prophecy child "Naruto" based off his predictions? That's where Jiraiya wrote the novel about in with fictional characters. And sadly, Kushina and Minato read the novel about their son's without even knowing about it, which turned out to be a red herring lol.

I have no problem with stories that are foretold what's predicted in the future. The problem that I have with them is good plot consistency, which sadly this manga never had.

no he didnt say any of that , the gutsy ninja novel had some things that could possibly be foreshadowing but its no prediction .

you have no problem with things being foretold ? well the story has it , since part 1 naruto punched neji face real hard so he could stop spewing out this destiny mumbo jumbo , and now in part 2 what happened ? Naruto being a children of the prophecy , reincarnation of a demi god ...well i will be danmed if this isnt a big retcon

this is why saying that the novel was supposed to be some kind of prediction hurts the story even more

Edited by Nar123, 26 February 2015 - 10:26 AM.

#10 Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Solo Leveler

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 09:28 PM

It's was during the prediction of Jiriaya's future told by the Great Toad Sage that he was to become pervert in search of the prophecy child with talent that one day will bring an end to a war, travel the world in search of the prophecy child and write a novel. Basically, Jiraiya wrote a fictional novel that wasn't a fiction novel but the foretold events of the future without him even knowing about it. That's why the mention of the novel was great importance.

And I understand you don't want things foretold that ruined Pt 1. I didn't like how it was executed just like the incarnation of Indra and Asura into Sasuke and Naruto. It's was poorl done that much I can agree to.

#11 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 02:21 AM

It's was during the prediction of Jiriaya's future told by the Great Toad Sage that he was to become pervert in search of the prophecy child with talent that one day will bring an end to a war, travel the world in search of the prophecy child and write a novel. Basically, Jiraiya wrote a fictional novel that wasn't a fiction novel but the foretold events of the future without him even knowing about it. That's why the mention of the novel was great importance.

And I understand you don't want things foretold that ruined Pt 1. I didn't like how it was executed just like the incarnation of Indra and Asura into Sasuke and Naruto. It's was poorl done that much I can agree to.

Oh you are just misunderstanding then. 

The great Toad Sage prediction has nothing to do with Jiraya's novel. The stupid prediction was something like "one of your students will end the cycle of hatred" . Jiraya made the novel on a whim and was also partly based on Jiraya's life.   he named the main character thanks to a bowl of Ramen, but the book was really bad on sells and then he changed to porn literature.

The book is nothing but a possible foreshadowing like the thing with Tsuyu and Naruto, or the thing with the Naruto in the story fighting his rival and bringing peace, etc. 

In my opinion the Great toad sage was a dumb character, he didn't need to exist. Couldn't Jiraya's belief in Naruto be a personal thing? 

#12 Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Solo Leveler

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 10:16 AM

that makes sense lol.

#13 EmperorZeo

EmperorZeo

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 06:07 PM

Does anyone have a full English translation of the novel. I would really love to read the whole thing. I've only read bits and pieces.

#14 Tiller

Tiller

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 06:40 PM

Does anyone have a full English translation of the novel. I would really love to read the whole thing. I've only read bits and pieces.

Only the ending is translated here from what I've seen.

#15 rikakim94

rikakim94

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 03:31 AM

Only the ending is translated here from what I've seen.

Page 196 - Naruto's answer.

[Renge leaves and he's now ready to perform his jutsu to crush Shuku with mount Hyakki. Naruto and Tsuyu are trying their best to stop the giants that are lifting up the mountain, but their efforts appear to be useless.]

~~~~~

«Naruto! It looks like these giants are heading to the village!!
Naruto came back to reality once he landed his feet on the ground.
Tsuyu reached his position with a jump.
«These things don't have eyes…»
«Tsuyu, go ahead and evacuate the village!»

«I-I....I can't...I... » hesitated Tsuyu, spacing out.«Even though they don't have eyes… how in the world do they know which direction to take...?»
«Tsuyu! Snap out of it!» Naruto grabbed Tsuyu's shoulders and shook her saying:«Now we don't need to know that! These things are heading to the village! There's no doubt about it!»
«Yes but... »Tsuyu started crying.«W-what can we do...?»

«You can't give up! »
Slap!
Naruto slapped her check.
Tsuyu blinked energetically.
«We failed our mission.»
«...»
« We didn't bring 
Renge back to the village.» said Naruto grinning his teeth. «And I couldn't even protect our comrade as I promised you. Forgive me.»

Tsuyu shook her head.
«A while ago you asked me what really means for me to be a ninja. That time I couldn't give you an answer, but now I think I can.»
Tsuyu waited patiently without interrupting.
«I believe that shinobi are indeed people destined to sacrifice themselves for the common good.» he said with a nervous giggle. «This is the ideal that the second Kokage handed down to my dad, and that now I inherited.»
«People destined to sacrifice themselves for the common good...»
«I couldn't accomplish the mission and I couldn’t fulfill the promise I made to you either. Even so, I can't give up, I have to endure. After all, how can a person that can't even take care of himself, pretend to protect his own village?»
Tsuyu raised her eyes swollen with tears.
«Renge warned me that I would have been challenged. But I will never give up! Protect the village: this is the final goal of every mission. Protecting the village has the priority on every single promise made. Now our lives are put in second place. Exactly because of this, we can say that we are people destined to sacrifice themselves for the common good and we need to do it with the lessons we inherited.»
«...Right.»
«Where's my Tsuyu? The woman I fell in love with is not a coward!»
Right after Naruto's words, a smile appeared through Tsuyu's tears.
«Oh, this is the woman I know! You are like ramen… I prefer you strong and determined!»
«Naruto, what are your plans now?»
«Somehow, I'll stop these monsters.»
«Understood.»
Naruto and Tsuyu split up and took two different paths.

Few notes:

• Naruto, Tsuyu and Renge are approximaly 20-21 years old.
  • They fought together in the Second Great Ninja War and they have been given title of "Three Ninja of Shuku".
  • The day Renge left the village was the same day Naruto and Tsuyu were summoned by the Kokage.
  • There are no hints regarding Tsuyu's physical appearence besides the fact that she has a flat chest. She wears the jonin outfit like Naruto.
  • Renge  has long hair and wears a kimono with a milipeedes crest in middle. It is also mentioned later that he wears the Shuku headband around the neck.
  • Gokomaru dislikes Renge, just like Manda does with Sasuke.
  • Shima is 16 years old and wears a kimono. She has big breasts.
  • The epilogue has an open ending.

♪───O☆O────♪

Page 214- Naruto, the ninja.

[It’s a desperate situation, Naruto summoned two other mice, Miki and Mini. They tried everything but nothing seems to work on these giants, since they keep regenerating. Mini comes up with a plan which fate is uncertain.]

Miki and Mini play the part of Fukasaku and his wife.

~~~~~

«There is the possibility that, when absorbing your body, the energy of the demoniac world could be converted into yang. In addition, if we could be able to obstruct the gate for the demon’s world for good, the giants would lose the path to their destination. » said Mini. « But we might be wrong.»

«It’s only a speculation….or our only hope, I should say.» continued Miki with a strangled tone in his throat. «but more importantly, Naruto…there is the risk you might lose your life.»

«But still…» Naruto gulped «… in this way the giants would disappear, right?»

«Who knows?» replied Mini bluntly «It’s a jeopardy.»

«It’s not a simple decision to make, Naruto…»

«The giants might stop their will, but they could also run amok. There's the possibility to make things worse» Mini remained silent for a moment, eyes staring at Naruto. «Anyhow, we need to make a choice,  and it’s up to you, Naruto.»

Naruto turned his head to Mount Hyakki that was increasingly moving away, slowly.

In the meantime, a group of Kon shinobi almost approached his position.

«Eh eh eh…» said one of them. «Give up! It’s the end for Shuku! The world will be back to chaos! »

Give up…?

If only this was the issue here.

I don’t have any shred of chakra left

«Oi Oi» moeaned Miki. «From bad to worse!»

«What are we going to do then? What’s your answer Naruto?! »Mini scolded him. «If you are a man, then hurry up and make a decision! »

Naruto was paralyzed.

Give up….throw the sponge and give up already…

A voice inside instigated him.

If you give up everything will be easier! You already did everything in your power…there’s no future for you if you throw yourself into that gate…and you are not even sure your plan can work.

Someday I’ll make this world a place where shinobi will not be considered simple weapons anymore!

«…»

Naruto’s own words echoed in his ears.

A passionate tone, growing from his stomach, was breaking in from the bottom of his heart.

I couldn’t keep my promise to Tsuyu, I couldn’t protect Renge. I couldn’t even fulfill the one I made to myself, I couldn’t even protect the village.

«I see you finally gave up…» The enemy mocked him.

«What else can you do? Afterall there’s nothing you can do anymore. Uh uh uh…»

If I had to give up on everything, what would become of me...?

“There will be a day where people will be finally able to understand each other, sooner or later ” Naruto weren’t you the cocky one that said those big words to Shima?!

It’s rather us, we rely way too often on your courage…”

Tsuyu’s words filled his soul with sweetness.

«It’s evident I can’t give up» said Naruto, his glare full of hatred towards the enemy. «Bro Miki, sis Mini…can I count on you and leave you here? »

«Naruto, you…» whined Miki. Mini nodded her head.

«With clenched teeth and with feet firmly on the ground, I’m ready to resist until the end…» A glimmer lightened up in Naruto’s eyes. «Because I’m a ninja! »

♪───O☆O────♪

Page 217 – True happiness.

[Tsuyu is trying to tell the villagers to evacuate the village but nobody believes her. She then runs into her sensei, Shu.]

~~~~~

«Tsuyu what’s wrong?»

«Shu sensei!» Tsuyu bent her back forward with her hands pressing on her knees, trying to breathe again. «The forbidden jutsu….the Guko Izan has been activated!!! »

«What?! »

«Right now, Naruto…Naruto is fighting alone…I,I…» Tsuyu was completely shocked.

«We need to evacuate the village…I…Naruto…sorry, I must go!»

«Calm down» Shu grabbed Tsuyu’s shoulders. «Just tell me what happened!!»

«Ren…»

Tsuyu had her mouth half opened, not being able to saying anything more. Renge is at the Kon village. He became the Kaosu and he wants to destroy Shuku. Her words filled her mouth, but Tsuyu swallowed them back, stubbornly.

«Sensei… everyone needs to leave, now! »

«Tsuyu, don’t panic» Shu looked directly in her eyes.

«Even if the Guko Izan was evocated, I doubt its target would be Shuku.»

«I’m telling you it’s heading here!»

Seeing the violent reaction of the girl, Shu frowned. «Why are you so sure about this?»

«Because Renge said so! “Shuku is destined to be destroyed…”»

Tsuyu stopped, but it was too late.

«Renge?»Shu gave her a reproving look. «You met Renge?»

Tsuyu bit her lips.

«Your mission was to bring him back to the village.»

«And we failed!» Tsuyu started crying.

«We failed on all fronts!»

«»

«But…Naruto said that protecting the village has the priority on every mission. That’s why, what I can do right now…I mean, there’s nothing I can do anymore but I…I don’t want to give up!»

«Tsuyu…» said Shu calmy. «You, Naruto and Renge are my pupils. If someone ever tries to do something to you, I’ll make them pay.»

Their eyes met.

«Sensei…Renge…he’s the one…»

«It’s alright, Tsuyu.»

«»

«There is no need to say more, it’s ok» Shu smiled gently. «I trust you completely.»

Tears overflowed from her eyes.

«There there …» Her teacher stroked her head. «It’s hard, believe me, I know that.»

Tears were now unstoppable. Tsuyu, through sobbing, decided to open her heart to her sensei and tell him about everything that happened.

Shu followed her speech till the end, without interrupting.

«I don’t understand what happened to Renge…» sobbed Tsuyu. «But I would like him to…anyway, you have to believe me when I say that mount Hyakki is heading here…»

«You like Renge a lot, uh?»

«What…?»

«I can see it just by looking at you.»

Tsuyu nodded.

« I thought there wasn’t nothing left for me to teach you, you that have been nominated one of the Three Ninja of Shuku. However, there’s still one more advice I can give you.»

«Sensei…»

«I’ll tell you a secret, Tsuyu. Every human is possessed by a demon» he said, «and this demon is expressed under the form of an ideology.»

«An ideology…»

«Me, you and Naruto…we share the same demon, which is the obsession to protect the village, even if it costs our lives.»

«I think…I understand what you are trying to say.»

«Renge, instead, is possessed by a different kind of demon…»

«Yeah…»

«Although none of us can demonstrate which demon is good or not.»

«Then what….what should we do?»

«I’ll tell you a useful trick to use when you need to make a decision.»

Tsuyu nodded her head.

«Tsuyu, when you are at complete loss, visualize in your mind the thing that most makes you happy.»

«The thing that most…makes me happy?»

«By doing this, you will understand what kind of person you are.»

«I…»

«Now  close your eyes.»

Tsuyu did what she was told.

«Now focus on what you see.»

With her eyes closed, Tsuyu took a glimpse of…Naruto’s silhouette. Yes, him, an idiot, pervert, clumsy and reckless…him that never gives up even when he gets rejected thousand of times.

The first time I met Naruto we were both six. He introduced himself to me while saying something like:

“Nice to meet you…my name is Naruto! You can give me the love letter later! See ya!”

At that time though, my attention was completely drawn to the boy next to him, Renge…

«Tsuyu.» Lost in her thoughts, a voice brought her back to reality. «You might have failed the mission, but now you finally know what is most important to you.»

«Sensei, make sure everyone evacuates the village!» Tsuyu opened her eyes, wiped off her tears and tightened her lips in a thin line.

«I…I’m going back to Naruto.»

[This is the part that preludes the last scene with Naruto in the novel( which is the one the real Naruto reads in the manga).]

♪───O☆O────♪

This is the only ending thats translated and the epilogue is explained by ladygt

Well the epilogue has an open ending. Basically Shima tries to fight Renge but he easilly take her down. When he's about to kill her, his strenght starts to fade away (because Naruto stopped the jutsu by entering the gate).

He spares her life and decides to retreat. 

Everything turns back to normal and Shima is left alone on the field, she then starts to run, hoping for Naruto to be alive.

Edited by rikakim94, 12 March 2015 - 03:35 AM.

#16 Toby

Toby

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 12:36 AM

So that book exists? 

In Japan? 

Written by Kishi? 

Or is it something from a databook? 

#17 Khaleesi

Khaleesi

Mother of dragons

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,237 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 12:38 AM

So that book exists? 

In Japan? 

Written by Kishi? 

Or is it something from a databook? 

By Kishimoto and someone else, I believe.

dumbo-pink-elephants-on-parade1.gif?w=50

queen-harley.tumblr.com

#18 Tiller

Tiller

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 04:39 PM

By Kishimoto and someone else, I believe.

I'm pretty certain it was ghostwritten by someone else and approved by Kishimoto who gave him co writer credit. Could be wrong though, although I doubt it after the ending..

Likely at most Kishimoto outlined what he wanted and expected someone else to execute his desires.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users