64 replies to this topic

#21 roninmedia

roninmedia

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 06:29 PM

Sakura deserves Naruto as long as Naruto thinks she deserves him. Nothing else in relationships really matter; love is never a quantifiable thing.

It's the same thing in some shounen when the main character gets the girl when he's not particularly rich, smart, attractive, or in other words a loser but a nice guy nonetheless. And the girl is "hot" and can basically have her pick. Why does she choose him? Just because...it can't be really put into words, it's love.

#22 Vyse

Vyse

Team F.U.T.A. Viking King

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:My interests? Well, I do enjoy most manga and anime, but I think that's a given. I also enjoy comic books and videogames, so I guess I'm kinda geeky there. But hey, I do other stuff. I like to go out and party, but I do not like drinks served in a femvase (damn fruity stuff... ew), so good ol' beer is my mate. So yeah, I'm also a psychology student, so your mind interests me.

Posted 12 December 2007 - 06:39 PM

That would be because he's the main character, and the one everyone's rooting for! He's also the strongest and fiercely loyal to his friends... That's a good thing, right?

I even think part One Sakura deserved Naruto, because he was still the one who started to pull her out of her destructive path. Had she continued neglecting her training for Sasuke, she wouldn't have lasted long as a kunoichi. Naruto gave her the strength needed to better herself, and that's something that just comes naturally for people around Naruto. He's a psychological prodigy in another sense than the Yamanaka clan.... I guess you could say his power to change anyone with a single bit of soul left in them is one of the most powerful bloodlines a Hokage can have (kneel before Rokudaime... that's it!), and it's also something I believe could imagine working out well in a relationship as well!

#23 Asuma&TheCigarrete

Asuma&TheCigarrete

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 06:56 PM

QUOTE (roninmedia @ Dec 12 2007, 04:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why does she choose him? Just because...it can't be really put into words, it's love.

Wisdom!
\o/ My Avatar is simply the best possible for a "Fresh Meat" \o/

/o\ But i'm not a Fresh Meat anymore /o\

#24 viperabyss

viperabyss

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 10:02 PM

QUOTE (roninmedia @ Dec 12 2007, 10:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sakura deserves Naruto as long as Naruto thinks she deserves him. Nothing else in relationships really matter; love is never a quantifiable thing.

It's the same thing in some shounen when the main character gets the girl when he's not particularly rich, smart, attractive, or in other words a loser but a nice guy nonetheless. And the girl is "hot" and can basically have her pick. Why does she choose him? Just because...it can't be really put into words, it's love.

I would disagree with you though. If it can't be really put into words, its called affection. If someone can sacrifice him/herself, without asking any return, that's love.

So technically, Naruto loves Sakura, as he is willing to granting her wishes (Sasuke, for instance), while sacrificing his. However, love doesn't limit itself to romance. It could be simply companionship (which, also doesn't limit to romance).

So IMO, why does Sakura choose him? Because Naruto gave her the will to improve; sacrificed his own feeling to accommodate hers; went out of his way to accomplish her request; cheered her up at her darkest hour, and more importantly, knew her well.

So does Sakura "loves" Naruto? It has yet remained to be seen.

Sorry this is my first post, so Hi everyone biggrin.gif

#25 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts
  • Interests:Stand-Up Comedy, Novel Writing.

Posted 12 December 2007 - 11:08 PM

Well, Sakura heals Naruto whenever she can, and protects him, like when he was unconcious from Four Tail mode, and Yamato saw how much she loved him.

I cannot post all of the information in here, if you want more facts about the Naruto x Sakura connection, look around the Itcha Itcha section, or ask someone else. I have the information, but I am busy at the moment.

#26 Leney

Leney

Little Ray of Sunshine

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 11:09 PM

Sorry, but this is a bs question.

To think that Sakura has to deserve Naruto is a f-ed up way of viewing love. Do children deserve the love of their parents? Do they thank their parents each time for feeding them, clothing them, giving them shelter, teaching them, raising them into fine adults?

Was it something Naruto did to deserve not being able to experience that kind unconditional love?

And I maybe I shouldn't use 'unconditional' to qualify the word "love" because I feel that love is fundamentally unconditional. he love between a parent and a child or two people, or the love a Hokage has to have for his village (and vice versa). The ones you love tend to be able to hurt you the most, but you still love them anyways.

If Kishimoto felt that people needed to "deserve" Naruto; well Naruto would have said "F Konoha" the first time he learned about Kyuubi and the manga would have been drastically different (and I'd probably wouldn't be a fan).

Sakura didn't think much of Naruto in the beginning. But Naruto was a little of a attention whore at the beginning of the manga. He wanted acknowledgment so badly, that he didn't care if it was negative attention he was getting ("No one but me can do something this horrible!")

Sakura didn't know what Naruto was going through and since she's not psychic, it's not her fault. She just sees this kid who loves to get in trouble and prank everyone. She sees this kid who hollers "Sakura-chan" as if they're close and embarrasses her in front of everyone, especially Sasuke. The guy that she desperately wants acknowledgment from. She thinks that Naruto must hate her or something.

Maybe it sounds stupid to you, but she was a 12 year old, sheltered girl. It's not that crazy for her to feel this way.

She tells Sasuke that Naruto's spoiled because he doesn't have parents to keep him in check. I can agree with that right on one level. However, it's obvious that she was coming from the wrong emotional perspective and Sasuke was right to hit her with the Clue Bat.

But she realized her mistake and she changed. And Naruto still likes her!

Hell, if someone asked Naruto this question, he'd probably punch them in the face for insulting "his Sakura-chan!". I mean Sasuke is an Who tried to kill Naruto. Yet Naruto wants him back because he loves Sasuke regardless of all that. And he'd kick the ass of the person who would bash Sasuke.

roninmedia said it right. Sakura "deserves" Naruto's feelings as long as he is willing to have them for her.

Edited by Sakura Blossoms, 13 December 2007 - 01:28 AM.

WTF Fanfic Quote of the Moment

"I nearly threw up in my mouth" exclaimed Sasuke, mentally scarred by the experience."You should do that!Except let her try and kiss you whilst you do!"laughed Naruto exitedly."That is WAY funny, and all the same way more creepy that that time at the preliminaries!"retorted Sasuke, remembering."uuughh! I feel so sorry for the shadow clones I made whilst we hid.I hear one of the sound genin got AIDS and CHLAMIDIA from Hayate"said Naruto pulling a face.

#27 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 12 December 2007 - 11:49 PM

Where did people get the impression I hated Sakura? O_o

I was just asking a question and people act like I am some moron/idiot/retard for asking?

Don't people have the right to freedom of speech? (well if it's not against the government at least tongue.gif )

Don't people have the right to be curious and ask questions and get others opinions?

Is it bad that I am trying to get some insight into what others think?

Maybe I shouldn't have posted this on a NaruSaku FC.................>_>

#28 Leney

Leney

Little Ray of Sunshine

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 12:00 AM

TrueSalvation you have a right to your opinion, but other people have a right to tell you that they don't like it. As for me, I never said anything about you hating Sakura. I just think the idea of Sakura having to "deserve" Naruto is messed up.

I think of it this way. If I was Naruto, Sasuke would have been dead to me after Valley of the End. b*tch tried to kill me; it's OVER. But I'm not Naruto. Hell, that's what makes Naruto special because he's not like most people who would have given up on someone like Sasuke. Hell he's been told to give up on Sasuke but does he listen? Nope!

If that really bothered me, I'd just find another manga, because that's how Kishimoto has written Naruto and it doesn't look as if he's in for a change.

"I nearly threw up in my mouth" exclaimed Sasuke, mentally scarred by the experience."You should do that!Except let her try and kiss you whilst you do!"laughed Naruto exitedly."That is WAY funny, and all the same way more creepy that that time at the preliminaries!"retorted Sasuke, remembering."uuughh! I feel so sorry for the shadow clones I made whilst we hid.I hear one of the sound genin got AIDS and CHLAMIDIA from Hayate"said Naruto pulling a face.

#29 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 13 December 2007 - 12:09 AM

QUOTE (Leney @ Dec 13 2007, 12:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
TrueSalvation you have a right to your opinion, but other people have a right to tell you that they don't like it. As for me, I never said anything about you hating Sakura. I just think the idea of Sakura having to "deserve" Naruto is a bit messed up.

I think of it this way. If I was Naruto, Sasuke would have been dead to me after Valley of the End. kitten tried to kill me; it's OVER. But I'm not Naruto. Hell, that's what makes Naruto special because he's not like most people who would have given up on someone like Sasuke. Hell he's been told to give up on Sasuke but does he listen? Nope!

If that really bothered me, I'd just find another manga, because that's who Naruto is.

Ahhh I understand. I was just curious cause a lot of anti-NaruSaku people use that 'she doesn't deserve him' thing. I wanted to get a better understanding of it cause I was....sort of.....clueless?..not sure....uncertain...you get the idea... tongue.gif

To tell you the truth (haha that's in my username) the reason I sort of wrote this is because for my fanfic a bunch of reviewers keep telling me that Sakura 'has to work' to get Naruto, because of what she did to him younger. I just needed more insight so I could better learn how to write that part (even though my story is already outlined).

Besides the cursing I liked your post and ideas so thanks for the help :thumbs:

#30 Leney

Leney

Little Ray of Sunshine

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 12:24 AM

Lol I tend to cuss a lot at times; I'll try to tone it down if it bothers people.

As for your fiction, I was reading your fic and I'd disagree with those reviewers. But hey I'm just one person, lol. Actually, I like the dilemma he's having now. It makes sense

Since now he's influenced somewhat by his demonic ties
. And I guess even Naruto would have a breaking point.

Yes people treat Naruto like crap, but if Naruto is willing to forgive them, protect him and love them, that doesn't make him a weak pushover. IMO its the opposite, even if some people would find him a fool.

#31 viperabyss

viperabyss

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 12:32 AM

QUOTE (Yoshimoto Trigen @ Dec 12 2007, 03:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, Sakura heals Naruto whenever she can, and protects him, like when he was unconcious from Four Tail mode, and Yamato saw how much she loved him.
I cannot post all of the information in here, if you want more facts about the Naruto x Sakura connection, look around the Itcha Itcha section, or ask someone else. I have the information, but I am busy at the moment.

I was going to point that out, but since its considered as spoiler, so I didn't write anything. tongue.gif

But yes, you're right, that she does "love" him, but not quite on the same level as Naruto's for her. Hopefully as story goes on, author will make their companionship more obvious. Nonetheless, maybe we're starting to see the blossoming of Sakura. biggrin.gif

#32 Anewhope2

Anewhope2

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 12:37 AM

Yes, but back then not so much.

I'm not so sure the reason why.

#33 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 12:51 AM

Indeed, watch the language Leney, the language in that post was way too colorful.

I don't think it's that kind of question if asked in isolation. Did part 1 deserve him? Especially in the beginning, the answer is probably not. She didn't treat him well, but it's not as if all of it was undeserved. Naruto is as idiot on more than one occasion and sometimes bring it on himself, but that was not the case all the time and she was rather harsh to him.

The question though, is does it really matter. I made a post on this on NF along time ago, but love is something that can be both given and earned. Both Naruto and Sakura can choose who they love regardless of whether the object did a single thing to deserve it or earn it. Remember Naruto's reason for liking her in the beginning? He saw her as a kindred spirit, someone seeking acknowledge. It was because of anything she did to or for him, but because the shared similarity he saw in her when she was vulnerable.

Does Sasuke deserve Sakura's love? Probably not, but she liked regardless of the rejection and that he treated her poorly just as she treated Naruto poorly. but Leney is right. People seem to view Naruto as a complete victim when he's not. She is not obligated to love him in return just because he crushes on her. Not all of treatment is justified, but it's not as if Naruto is totally blameless. Sakura sometimes seems to be charged with the knowledge of all of his experienc, plight, and inner thoughts when what she sees is a guy fawning over her and embarrassing her when she didn't want it. She really seemed to imply that she thought Naruto really hated her.

I agree, in the beginning she acts like exactly what she is: an immature twelve year old girl.

In fact, I can't think of a pairing in the main three where both sides have always truly deserved the other. I think Sakura does at this point in time for reasons cited by others.

Love can also be earned. By doing things like risking one's like for another, dedication to that person and so on, but this doesn't have to be the case. She can come to love him for what he has done. Saying that risking her life cannot be a basis for love is false, it can be the kinds of acts that allow Sakura to see Naruto as he truly is, to appreciate him, and love him because of it.

Conversely, such devotion does not obligate people to love. I made the same argument in response to NaruHina before. That he does those things does not obligate her love. He is not entitled to her love because he does that. If that were true, then all people would have to do to get the person of their dreams is do something nice and the person would be required to reciprocate. If he chooses to take the risk, he also assumes the risk of her not responding the way he wants. It's his choice, but is also hers.

However, when it comes down it, this is a story and the pairing chosen and the way they get together send certain messages to reader, so whether one deserves the other does matter if one cares about the message sent since the answer to that question and others related to it all effect that. Of course, that depends on the message Kishi cares about.

#34 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 13 December 2007 - 01:25 AM

QUOTE (Shriner @ Dec 12 2007, 07:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Indeed, watch the language Leney, the language in that post was way too colorful.

QUOTE (Leney @ Dec 12 2007, 07:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lol I tend to cuss a lot at times; I'll try to tone it down if it bothers people.

Colourful is putting it mildly dry.gif

I've editted the post.

Leney read our forum rules, and learn to speak on these forums without cursing...fast...because this will be your first and last unofficial warning about this.

#35 Leney

Leney

Little Ray of Sunshine

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 09:49 AM

Saku Blossoms- You'd just quoted me saying I'd tone it down even before another mod actually stepped called me on it. Overkill much?

Shriner- I don't think love can necessarily be earned but I guess people can do things that make others love them.

I guess I'm just thinking about all the different kinds of love. Love isn't a privilege, like having a library card is.

When I think about it, his desire to be Hokage is sad. Like he needs to prove himself so that the village can finally accept his existence. While someone else can be wholly unremarkable and be treated the way Naruto has never been treated. That's unfair!

I think that Naruto has moved from that and wants to be a Hokage for different reasons than his original one, but still, am I the only person who finds that troubling?

Can you tell I really like to read Yondaime/Naruto fics? I was reading one fic called "Repercussions" where Naruto could not accept the fact that here is someone will to care and show affection without Naruto having to "earn" it first by doing something heroic or extraordinary.

#36 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,842 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 13 December 2007 - 06:52 PM

QUOTE (Leney @ Dec 13 2007, 04:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Saku Blossoms- You'd just quoted me saying I'd tone it down even before another mod actually stepped called me on it. Overkill much?

She IS a mod/admin. She has the right to tell members, including you, to tone your language down. So I suggest you pay attention to the forum rules or you'll face the consequences.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#37 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 13 December 2007 - 07:20 PM

QUOTE (Derock @ Dec 13 2007, 01:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
She IS a mod/admin. She has the right to tell members, including you, to tone your language down. So I suggest you pay attention to the forum rules or you'll face the consequences.

Lucky you saw that before I did, Derock dry.gif

#38 Leney

Leney

Little Ray of Sunshine

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 08:11 PM

Guess, I'm not used to being on a forum where multiple mods have to dogpile upon a member, instead of one person handling it over PMs. Yeah, a bit catty and derailing the thread but I'm not the one setting the precedent here. sleep.gif

#39 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 08:35 PM

QUOTE (Leney @ Dec 13 2007, 03:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Guess, I'm not used to being on a forum where multiple mods have to dogpile upon a member, instead of one person handling it over PMs. Yeah, a bit catty and derailing the thread but I'm not the one setting the precedent here. sleep.gif

It's called basic etiquette and manners. Don't be such a sore sport if you're asked to display some.

Discussion ended.

#40 NaruNinpo33

NaruNinpo33

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Drawing, Music, Art<br /><br />Favorite Anime:<br /><br />Naruto<br />Negima<br />Neon Genesis Evangelion<br />Elfen Lied <br />and many many more!

Posted 14 December 2007 - 07:07 AM

YUS!! I think she deserves him..
She treated him like crap in the start but nevertheless, they were always comrades. narusakuct7.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users