• Please log in to reply
169 replies to this topic

#21 ultranx

ultranx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,884 posts
  • Interests:DBZ, naruto, pokemon, digimon, one piece, megaman, sonic, legend of zelda, yugioh,gurren lagann, transformers, kingdom hearts, yuyu hakusho, sword art online, tmnt, gundam.

Posted 21 April 2016 - 12:44 AM

Maybe I need to remind you guys that this manga is for kids and preteen so it tend to avoid complicated issue, remeber in DB Goku maried because food and Trunks came out of blue.  The reason NS got shaft is just because majority of fans think that NS impede SNS dynamic, lets we face the fact that it was SNS who developed by Kishi all along.

yu yu hakusho was for kids and preteens teens too. your comment is fail, but go ahead, continue spouting the stuff without trying all the past shonen being closeminded. I don't think you get that most of the anime that was on toonami back in the day WERE SHONENS, for that exact age group.

literally I've replied to you multiple times on multiple threads, telling you otherwise, I'm starting to think you just come here whenever you feel like it and post then leave thinking you know everything about anime and can't learn anything whatsoever, why don't you actually look up all the toonami animes and watch them, you'd learn something. I'm even going to pm you this so I'll know you actually see it 

Edited by ultranx, 21 April 2016 - 12:48 AM.

tumblr_mba4mg4Ip61ryf7dio1_r1_500.gif

#22 db84x

db84x

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 03:18 PM

yu yu hakusho was for kids and preteens teens too. your comment is fail, but go ahead, continue spouting the stuff without trying all the past shonen being closeminded. I don't think you get that most of the anime that was on toonami back in the day WERE SHONENS, for that exact age group.

literally I've replied to you multiple times on multiple threads, telling you otherwise, I'm starting to think you just come here whenever you feel like it and post then leave thinking you know everything about anime and can't learn anything whatsoever, why don't you actually look up all the toonami animes and watch them, you'd learn something. I'm even going to pm you this so I'll know you actually see it 

Yuyu Hakusho just sold 50 mil while Naruto is 220 mil and DB is 230 mil, shounen audience more love DB type story.

It's complicated to have some moments of a chapter dedicated to developing a relationship for the main character? That's not complicated, it's just good writing.

Avatar the Last Airbender was a show made for a younger audience and it was able to develop nearly all of the relationships without being too complicated.

It lucky not came from WSJ, ToC system in WSJ is well known keep mangaka created story which pleased the mass of it will be axed.  Complicated story ussually came in seinen genre since seinen mass love it, while shonen tend to avoid it because shonen mass hate it.

Edited by db84x, 21 April 2016 - 03:24 PM.

#23 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,544 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 06:13 PM

Yuyu Hakusho just sold 50 mil while Naruto is 220 mil and DB is 230 mil, shounen audience more love DB type story.

It lucky not came from WSJ, ToC system in WSJ is well known keep mangaka created story which pleased the mass of it will be axed.  Complicated story ussually came in seinen genre since seinen mass love it, while shonen tend to avoid it because shonen mass hate it.

Yes and most of those sales happened during the fifteen years when Sakura was the main heroine. Or are you telling me that it only started selling in the millions last year because that information is months old.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 21 April 2016 - 06:25 PM.

#24 Suigetsu

Suigetsu

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 11:13 PM

I heard that supposedly a bunch of Naruhina fans kept bullying and threatening Kishimoto's family because they wanted Hinata to be the main heroine and stuff.

Is that true? or just a rumor "made up rumor"? altought It wouldnt surprise me really.

#25 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 12:51 AM

Yuyu hakuso only last for 3-4 years.
It's has more or less has the same popularity with naruto.
It's so impactful to the point bleach & naruto take inspiration from it.

Db has devoid from romance, while naruto don't.

#26 db84x

db84x

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 02:29 AM

@ Suigetsu

I thinks it was SNS (team 7) fandom, from beginning NH and SS not that powerful, we just got a lot of boost from SNS fandom who saw NS is derailment for their fandom.  You knew after NS treat to SNS fandom over, they back to fandom. 

@ rocci

I can't expect manga like Yuyu Hakuso will last long in WSJ anyway.

#27 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,544 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 02:56 AM

I heard that supposedly a bunch of Naruhina fans kept bullying and threatening Kishimoto's family because they wanted Hinata to be the main heroine and stuff.

Is that true? or just a rumor "made up rumor"? altought It wouldnt surprise me really.

Depends where/who you heard this from? I wouldn't be surprised if nH did this. They were viscous enough to force kishi to destroy his series.

#28 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 22 April 2016 - 04:05 AM

OK, I think we're getting off track here a bit. 

Everyone keeps bringing up other shonen series, but the fact is it doesn't matter what genre it is. Having characters interact, regardless of genre, and regardless if it's romantic or just friendship, is absolutely key in developing any relationship.

Honestly, it's writing 101. I watch a lot of movies being a critic, and one constant thing I see, even in mediocre movies, is moments of interaction, dialogue, the characters getting to know each other, so there can actually be some chemistry that the audience can see. This is true for anime, too. 

It ties back into my first post in the thread. Moments like this weren't seen as much through the Naruto series between the protagonist and Hinata. Every sequence between the two seemed to come at very grandiose events. We never got to see them simply interact, have a discussion, find some common ground.

And doing something like that isn't complicated, either. It's not hard to follow. It also wouldn't take up that much time, a chapter here, a chapter there. It could have been done.

I think if the writing had allowed for some scenes like this, myself and I think many other NaruSaku fans would have still been disappointed, but we would have at least been willing to accept in a way that NaruHina has some development without relying on big, climactic moments.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#29 BlackBird19

BlackBird19

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts
  • Interests:USMC,
    baseball,
    football,
    hockey,
    Music(all kinds),
    and manga.

Posted 22 April 2016 - 06:25 AM

@ rocci

I can't expect manga like Yuyu Hakuso will last long in WSJ anyway.

YuYu Hakusho did what any decent story is supposed to do. Tell it's story, become popular, sell a bunch of copies and then end. Leaving it's fans to remember it fondly and giving future artists and authors something they could garner inspiration from. 

Naruto has become something that quite a few fans just wish would end, while at the same time acting as a precautionary tale for other young mangakas.

#30 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 06:41 AM

@lid
We kind of see their simple interaction once, that happen before naruto vs neji. Eventhought there's no romantic feedback from naruto since he showed Hinata in different light just like how he see rock lee as not weird guys.

After that nothing. And that's one of the reason why the last happen.

#31 Skarrow

Skarrow

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 06:51 AM

Every fan following has their bad apples. Don't make the same mistake Tobirama made in regards to the Uchiha.

Having characters interact, regardless of genre, and regardless if it's romantic or just friendship, is absolutely key in developing any relationship.

And as the 4th war showed us, through the interaction of characters, Sakura is still desperately "in love" with Sasuke. Chapter 693 was NS's grave, The Last being announced as chapter 699.5 was the final nail in the coffin. NS happening after Sakura's chapter 693 confession (and her plea to travel the world with Sasuke) wouldn't make sense either.

Edited by Skarrow, 22 April 2016 - 06:52 AM.

#32 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 06:57 AM

@skarrow
Actually NS could happen even after all of that if sasuke doesn't reciprocate in 699 and naruto make his confession while sakura accept it.

#33 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,544 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 07:07 AM

SS happening after 693 didn't make sense because sasuke bluntly pointed out her had no interest in her and had no idea why she had any in him.

#34 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,544 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 07:09 AM

@lid
We kind of see their simple interaction once, that happen before naruto vs neji. Even thought there's no romantic feedback from naruto since he showed Hinata in different light just like how he see rock lee as not weird guys.

After that nothing. And that's one of the reason why the last happen.

Even then when you watch or read the scene you can see Naruto having difficulty keeping the conversation going. nH is not a couple that can talk for a hours about nothing.

#35 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 07:17 AM

Even then when you watch or read the scene you can see Naruto having difficulty keeping the conversation going. nH is not a couple that can talk for a hours about nothing.

Naruto understand and he doesn't have any difficulty to keeping the conversation going, but it doesn't mean the scene itself is romantic.

#36 Yyubie

Yyubie

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 07:42 AM

SS happening after 693 didn't make sense because sasuke bluntly pointed out her had no interest in her and had no idea why she had any in him.

He said that after he stab her in the heart with chidori [genjutsu]. So she/Sakura didn't hear it when Sasuke said why is Sakura keep "DAYDREAMING" about love and what did she see in him when he has absolutely no interest in her. If only he said that before he put her in genjutsu ....

tumblr_nexjjgShiv1rz4qnxo1_500.gif
An out of control man needs a strong woman to control him.
And even a violent woman will become soft and tender to the man she love.

#37 Skarrow

Skarrow

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 08:34 AM

@skarrow
Actually NS could happen even after all of that if sasuke doesn't reciprocate in 699 and naruto make his confession while sakura accept it.

I don't see Sasuke reciprocating Sakura's feelings in 699. He gave her a brotherly poke on the forehead, which was obviously something that she didn't understand.

However, it doesn't change the fact that somehow or other, in the future, they have a kid together.

Many people on this forum disliked what Sakura said about a girl's feelings never changing, because human feelings CAN change.

So surely a boy's feelings could change overtime as well?

I didn't say anything about SS in my previous post. But alright, let's talk about it.

I argue that Sakura clearly didn't care about Naruto, the exact same way Sasuke didn't care about her in chapter 693. She yelled her disgusting confession right in front of Naruto and Kakashi.

If we're arguing that NS "should have happened" because of their manga interaction with each other, then I also claim it "couldn't have happened", also because of their final manga interactions.

Edited by Skarrow, 22 April 2016 - 09:25 AM.

#38 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 08:42 AM

@skarrow
Sasuke poke sakura forehead is the reciprocate Eventhought it's a really force move since kishi has no idea how to make them together.

#39 Skarrow

Skarrow

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 08:53 AM

@skarrow
Sasuke poke sakura forehead is the reciprocate

...You seem really insistent on this. Which translation of chapter 699 should I be looking at to understand Sasuke's (Kishi's) intent?

I noticed you ignored the rest of what I said. My argument hasn't changed at all. I shall repeat it.

However, it doesn't change the fact that somehow or other, in the future, they have a kid together.

Many people on this forum disliked what Sakura said about a girl's feelings never changing, because human feelings CAN change.

So surely a boy's feelings could change overtime as well?

EDIT:

To clarify, Sasuke's forehead poke is something that symbolizes his irreplaceable bond with Itachi. Regardless of what he meant to convey to Sakura IC with it, he was still sharing with her something that had extreme importance to him.

And despite his refusal to take Sakura with him on his journey, he actually deigned to explain his motivations for wandering the Elemental Countries to Sakura, when in the past he would leave her to fall into lava and shut down any questions she had during their final battle,

IC, his feelings changed from complete disregard and derision of Sakura's existence to... neutrality.

Edited by Skarrow, 22 April 2016 - 09:13 AM.

#40 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 09:05 AM

It not that he ignores it, rather he has acknowledged it a long time ago like many of us. That said of course, guys' feelings can change as well, we are all human. That said Naruto never really have a moment of doubt because of that circumstance that the movie made up. The story shouldn't have him kept that feeling for Sakura till the end, especially when it was clear that NS was the path by the time Pain Arc happened.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users