• Please log in to reply
196 replies to this topic

#141 Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Solo Leveler

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, manhwa, manhua, video games, novels, web novels, 3D comics, drones and RC driving. Writing web novels.

Posted 24 December 2015 - 11:28 AM

They sell more than 500k is already a success.
They could sell until 1 million will give it greenlight to continue the story even expand it.
If they sell only 200k, then it's a flop.

As long as those Japanese but it, naruto will still exist.

Considering that volume 71 sold like 1.1-1.2 million copies and the final volume just under 900k copies in their first week, it shows how many people have already left the series.

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952upk4zqyleuyocv60f0z

"My name is Sung Ji-woo. Some called me the Assassin of Death. A Necromancer Deity... My journey has been nothing but walking over a mountain of corpses. My legion of the dead reigns supreme. None shall block my way or... face the wrath of my blades!" --Solo Leveling.

#142 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 24 December 2015 - 12:24 PM

Considering that volume 71 sold like 1.1-1.2 million copies and the final volume just under 900k copies in their first week, it shows how many people have already left the series.

While I agree that there's people who left this manga, there's still many who follow it. 900k is big.

#143 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 24 December 2015 - 12:24 PM

I believe this: Boruto won't sell that great due to the names. It's only matter of how much prestige the title "supervisor" has over people.

#144 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,549 posts

Posted 24 December 2015 - 01:04 PM

They sell more than 500k is already a success.
They could sell until 1 million will give it greenlight to continue the story even expand it.
If they sell only 200k, then it's a flop.

As long as those Japanese but it, naruto will still exist.

While I agree that there's people who left this manga, there's still many who follow it. 900k is big.

....*siiiiigh* rocci you are not getting what the problem is with those numbers. Remember Naruto was SJ and SP big international seller for years. While those numbers are good for any regular manga. Naruto is not any regular manga. And the expectation the companies have put on this sequel are not the same as any regular manga. It is again SP and SJ big international money maker they want huge profits not "decent." While 900 k would be good for any regular manga is it not good enough for what those companies want. 

But lets look at first week volume numbers:

Volume 71 sold 1.1 million so this was the number of fans kishi was able to keep buying the volumes by the end of the series. Of course these are the Japanese volumes and what they really want are the international sells. But what we saw for the last I wouldn't hold my breath if i were them.

Volume 72 sold about 900k so he lost 200k consumers (at the very least). Which you apparently think is a good thing? Also this was at the very early stage of the Year of the decline of Naruto. From what I understand people have been increasingly sick of Naruto the longer they tried keeping it in the public eye. Also this was the final volume this Naruto should see some of it biggest sales in years. Instead it couldn't beat a volume about the fight with kaguya. Which most people complained about.

The gaiden's volume sold 600k. So they lost another 300k which again you say is a good thing. Now this one is the one we should use as the base for the sequel instead of Volume 72. Since this one is about the next gen and introduces us to one of the characters.

So really this sequel starts off with about 600k fans (assuming more haven't left since the gaiden) in Japan. Now for any regular manga that is a tolerable number. And again this isn't any random manga. This is SP, and one SJ biggest sellers they want millions not mere thousands. Now let ignore the Bolt movie since it really got a large part of it money from SNS baiting. 600k people are still loyal, and interest enough to still buy the manga in Japan. What is the first thing the pedophile does? In fact the very thing to show us the he is taking the reins of the sequel. That poster. All it has done as far as i heard is pissed off the SS fan base. Which is one of the largest fanbases let that still support the ending. That. Is Not. A good thing.

I believe this: Boruto won't sell that great due to the names. It's only matter of how much prestige the title "supervisor" has over people.

What i really hopes happen is that readers get a very clear impression that the supervisor isn't really supervising and is too busy with his own manga. Since the reason he was given the role of supervising the sequel was to assure fans that he still keeping an eye on the series. If it clearly not the case maybe they'll become increasingly disinterested with the sequel over time. 

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 24 December 2015 - 01:23 PM.

#145 Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Solo Leveler

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, manhwa, manhua, video games, novels, web novels, 3D comics, drones and RC driving. Writing web novels.

Posted 24 December 2015 - 01:05 PM

Yeah. But that number still makes the franchise look cripple. By all means, if they never sacrificed their main market, the final volume would have sold 2-3 million in its first week.

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952upk4zqyleuyocv60f0z

"My name is Sung Ji-woo. Some called me the Assassin of Death. A Necromancer Deity... My journey has been nothing but walking over a mountain of corpses. My legion of the dead reigns supreme. None shall block my way or... face the wrath of my blades!" --Solo Leveling.

#146 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,549 posts

Posted 24 December 2015 - 01:18 PM

Also another thing this is a monthly manga coming out in a weekly magazine. That another problem since the readers of a weekly magazine will have different expectations than someone who reads a monthly magazine. A person who read a monthly will understand that it comes out only once a month but are fine with waiting that month because the feel the story will be worth it. A weekly magazine people expect a new chapter each week, and get impatient when they don't get one because they want to see the story develop each week. When you have a monthly story along side mostly every week story it going to become the odd one out and it going to feel much slower pace than they other ones. The slower pace with make people become bored and leave because of disinterest. Unless the quality of the story makes up for it...*looks at the poster image again, thinks of the Bolt movie and that Gaara novel*..Yeah that not happening.

#147 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 24 December 2015 - 01:32 PM

Maybe they didn't go with anime route because of DBGT. Manga is more of a safer route maybe?

#148 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 24 December 2015 - 01:49 PM

Yeah. But that number still makes the franchise look cripple. By all means, if they never sacrificed their main market, the final volume would have sold 2-3 million in its first week.

In the last four years, naruto sell is between 1,1 to 1,2 million.
I don't think it can sell more than 2 million even if NS happen.
It's a good number actually.

#149 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 24 December 2015 - 02:02 PM

Naruto won't sell like long time ago, but it can sell well.

Boruto, well definitely time will tell.

#150 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,493 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 24 December 2015 - 02:16 PM

The only reason it will sell man is thanks to the NH and SS fans who will eat this kitten up like its some kind of gold prize that was giving to them. I Mean with have to remember that they don't care for the story or what happened to the people in it all they want is to get what they want aka Hinata and Sasuke both which killed this manga stone cold dead, maybe in another two years or less there will be less fans watching Naruto and reading this kitten Bolt manga.

I mean sure DB super has probelms but compre to Naruto is a master piece heack Metal gear has some problems but we all still like it as why the creator loves what he made.

#151 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 24 December 2015 - 02:22 PM

@bail
900 kilo is the first week number. In total, they sell for 1,3 million.
That's the regular number naruto volume sell.
Volume 71 first week only 500 k.

Naruto is still a popular manga. But it regularly sell for 1,1 - 1,2 million.
If 1 million is not good enough than I don't know what is.

Naruto gaiden could sell a million in total. If that garbage could sell a million, then sequel will not that far. 500k is safe number, it could be more.

#152 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 24 December 2015 - 02:24 PM

If it sell 500 k or more, you must expect a really long series.
That's the number that fairy tail and bleach sell this day.

#153 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 24 December 2015 - 02:26 PM

I strongly doubt it will sell a million. This project has a lot going against, mainly "NOT Kishi" status. It's all matter of how much his name just being supervisor really going to carry. If it's good, it won't sell million but it will sell well. If it's bad, well, fission mailed.

There's a lot of things going against it. From brand new characters to not being done by Kishi in art/story, this one seems like it's going to be this generation of DBGT.

#154 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 24 December 2015 - 02:30 PM

I strongly doubt it will sell a million. This project has a lot going against, mainly "NOT Kishi" status. It's all matter of how much his name just being supervisor really going to carry. If it's good, it won't sell million but it will sell well. If it's bad, well, fission mailed.

There's a lot of things going against it. From brand new characters to not being done by Kishi in art/story, this one seems like it's going to be this generation of DBGT.

I agree.
Well, only time will tell it.

#155 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,493 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 24 December 2015 - 03:22 PM

The one thing that kittened up GT was just using Goku all the damn time like he was the only hero that could beat everyone while the others were all thrown aside, there is a reason fans call it Goku Time.

#156 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 24 December 2015 - 03:25 PM

The one thing that kittened up GT was just using Goku all the damn time like he was the only hero that could beat everyone while the others were all thrown aside, there is a reason fans call it Goku Time.

Funny because I didn't think of that nickname, but I just recently heard about it since Naruto GT is happening and all. But yes, it didn't help that based Goku is the one doing all the winning while SS4 was just there...

#157 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,493 posts

Posted 24 December 2015 - 03:38 PM

Funny because I didn't think of that nickname, but I just recently heard about it since Naruto GT is happening and all. But yes, it didn't help that based Goku is the one doing all the winning while SS4 was just there...

plus killing off Piccolo was another things fans hated Goku being a kid, but yeah Naruto GT will suck or should we call it Naruto- aka Hinata part 3 as we know a Hinata otaku fan is doing this.

Hell they underused Pan who could have been a kick ass fighter and first female Super Saiyan, its what I hope for her in Super, but will get my hopes down.

#158 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 24 December 2015 - 03:44 PM

plus killing off Piccolo was another things fans hated Goku being a kid, but yeah Naruto GT will suck or should we call it Naruto- aka Hinata part 3 as we know a Hinata otaku fan is doing this.

Hell they underused Pan who could have been a kick ass fighter and first female Super Saiyan, its what I hope for her in Super, but will get my hopes down.

Lol female fighter...

Remind me why Piccolo had to die? I always find it hilarious with Gotenks logic. "Don't fuse because he's that strong!" More like "We couldn't come up with a design."

#159 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 24 December 2015 - 07:49 PM

Not to mention that there was no (good) explanation for the creation of the Black Star Dragon Balls...just that whoever Piccolo + Kami was before made them, but no explanation why...

And I don't even count SSj4 as a true SSj level. It's really nothing more than a compacted SSj3 Oozaru, I count it more as an Oozaru transformation than regular Saiyan.

2e5.gif

#160 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,493 posts

Posted 24 December 2015 - 10:05 PM

Not to mention that there was no (good) explanation for the creation of the Black Star Dragon Balls...just that whoever Piccolo + Kami was before made them, but no explanation why...

And I don't even count SSj4 as a true SSj level. It's really nothing more than a compacted SSj3 Oozaru, I count it more as an Oozaru transformation than regular Saiyan.

Yeah I agree with you on that makes no sense at all.

Yeah but with BOG and super GT is no longer canon, yet GT fans are a little pissed at this from what I have heard have no idea why I mean who can like GT, then again we now have Naruto GT or Hinata part 3, cause lets face it NH face gave no kittens on Naruto or what he wanted they just wanted Hinata to be  happy, some even said they hate Naruto (Koshji) and just want Hinata to be happy.

Lol female fighter...

Remind me why Piccolo had to die? I always find it hilarious with Gotenks logic. "Don't fuse because he's that strong!" More like "We couldn't come up with a design."

Well Pan is a Saiyan and think of it like this NH fans say Hinata's kids can K.O anyone so just have Pan go super Saiyan and the Kamehameha them all in the face.

I think to shock us and make us cry, it failed big time and just pissed us off. Once again as this was all about Goku all the others were just there toi see how good he was.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users