Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 02:09 AM

Chapter is out

Epic chapter! wow.png but then shamefulcry0js.gif

Edited by Uzumakikage, 22 July 2010 - 03:24 AM.

#2 MangaReader

MangaReader

I'm the Greatest Ever!!

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Drawing
    Animating
    Watching TV

Posted 22 July 2010 - 02:19 AM

That was sad to read/watch, it was very touching shamefulcry0js.gif . Great chapter, it made up for the last one being a bit bland. Can't wait for next weeks.

Edited by MangaReader, 22 July 2010 - 02:19 AM.

sad_naruto_sig_by_mangafreak17-d81c8fy.p

Even if I'm not the one to make you happy

#3 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 02:23 AM

Awesome chapter, as I expected. It was very nice to see that romantic moment between Minato and Kushina.

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#4 max acorn

max acorn

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 02:25 AM

the cover brought a smile to my face. seeing the family together was nice. and notice how kushina was acting like a certain pink haired ninja we all know and love.

#5 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 02:26 AM

QUOTE (max acorn @ Jul 21 2010, 09:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the cover brought a smile to my face. seeing the family together was nice. and notice how kushina was acting like a certain pink haired ninja we all know and love.

Same for me laugh.gif If only they could've spent that time together in reality...

AboojTi.gif

#6 desaix

desaix

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 02:27 AM

Unlike what the spoilers seemed to be saying, it's not necessarily QUITE the end of the flashback... though it's clearly close to the end, if not. There's still the slight possibility that something can be said between the 4th and the 3rd before Naruto's parents both die.

You haven't experienced the full cofusion of modern gender relations until you've heard an angry group of women yelling, "We want tentacles!" at an all-night Hentai-fest.

-Tonbo

You can find my original fiction, facebook, twitter, and other ways to contact me on my website, FennecFoxPress.com

#7 KungFuTruffle

KungFuTruffle

Whee!

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Reading<br />Video Games

Posted 22 July 2010 - 02:28 AM

That's it? That's the big origin story? Man, what a freakin' letdown. Minato is hardly the genius he was heralded as, and the Kyuubi seemed rather pathetic, as well. I mean, it seems like it killed all of three people, those three being Iruka's parents, and Kurenai's father.

Even worse to me, Minato could have lived, but chose to die. Sealing the Kyuubi in Naruto wasn't his only option. I really don't like that man.

#8 Cupcake-chan

Cupcake-chan

<3

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 02:30 AM

Well then, now we know were the other half of the kyuubi was sealed in.

#9 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 02:31 AM

Epic chappter looks like with this the flashback has finally ended and next chapter it will return with Naruto and Kushina. But then Kushina will leave no I don't want that this chapter broguth me to tears. shamefulcry0js.gif
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#10 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 02:40 AM

QUOTE (KungFuTruffle @ Jul 22 2010, 09:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Even worse to me, Minato could have lived, but chose to die. Sealing the Kyuubi in Naruto wasn't his only option. I really don't like that man.

Hey, don't put him down so much. Madara pretty much predicted his every move up to the battle with Minato. Minato was just being modest about what happened that night. And yeah.... jeez the guy could've chosen to live instead of dying. If Kushina had a bit more chakra left she would bonk him on the head saying: "what the hell!!! are you planning on making him lonely!!?? It was bad enough for me back then & now this is worse!!"

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#11 Cupcake-chan

Cupcake-chan

<3

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 02:42 AM

QUOTE (Newkerz @ Jul 21 2010, 10:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey, don't put him down so much. Madara pretty much predicted his every move up to the battle with Minato. Minato was just being modest about what happened that night. And yeah.... jeez the guy could've chosen to live instead of dying. If Kushina had a bit more chakra left she would bonk him on the head saying: "what the hell!!! are you planning on making him lonely!!?? It was bad enough for me back then & now this is worse!!"

Yeah... that's true. But I also think it's a shame that Minato chose to die than to live. Also, in the end, I think he deserved the punch Naruto gave him when they first met.

#12 narukunsakuchan

narukunsakuchan

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 02:47 AM

Yeah it is true he could have lived, but you gotta think at large it was a sacrifice for the greater good on minato's part. The kyuubi would have regenerated with time, and with that came under madara's control more easily. With this method, he guranteed that the checks and balances of power were still in play and also gave konoha a fighting chance against madara. He was preparing for a battle down the road as a real hokage would. Do you have to like his descision? No. But it was the best choice for the situation.

Edited by narukunsakuchan, 22 July 2010 - 02:48 AM.

He is her earth, her foundation upon which to grow, and she is his heaven, his peace and tranquilty and also his reason to shoot for the stars.

#13 KungFuTruffle

KungFuTruffle

Whee!

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Reading<br />Video Games

Posted 22 July 2010 - 02:50 AM

No, it wasn't. Sasuke has shown the ability to manipulate the Kyuubi inside of Naruto. Madara can most likely do the same. Sealing it away in Naruto was the worst decision he could have made.

#14 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 02:53 AM

QUOTE (narukunsakuchan @ Jul 21 2010, 09:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah it is true he could have lived, but you gotta think at large it was a sacrifice for the greater good on minato's part. The kyuubi would have regenerated with time, and with that came under madara's control more easily. With this method, he guranteed that the checks and balances of power were still in play and also gave konoha a fighting chance against madara. He was preparing for a battle down the road as a real hokage would. Do you have to like his descision? No. But it was the best choice for the situation.

I agree here; why is everyone hating on his decision? It was the best thing to do in my opinion. Guaranteed advantage in future battles.

AboojTi.gif

#15 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 02:54 AM

QUOTE (narukunsakuchan @ Jul 22 2010, 09:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

But Kushina was planning to kill it by sealing it inside her.... that would've made Madara say bye-bye to his plans.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#16 narukunsakuchan

narukunsakuchan

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 02:57 AM

QUOTE (KungFuTruffle @ Jul 21 2010, 08:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No, it wasn't. Sasuke has shown the ability to manipulate the Kyuubi inside of Naruto. Madara can most likely do the same. Sealing it away in Naruto was the worst decision he could have made.

here let me explain it another way, Which kyuubi is easier to capture? One in the open where there is no chance for it to stopped from being captured? or one where it is sealed and it will take a hell of alot more effort to get the kyuubi, i.e less chance of success if you were going probability wise. The kyuubi that is out and regenerated is by far much easier to capture.

Also the seal protects against kyuubis manipulation. Sasuke was able to manipulated the kyuubi because of naruto's seal being weaker than his mothers. That is why madara had to wait til her child birth to try and capture it when the seal is weakened. With Naruto's new control over the fox the seal is much stronger now than even his mothers. Therfore it is harder to capture, and Konoha has an even stance against Madara, again two birds with one stone.

QUOTE (Newkerz @ Jul 21 2010, 08:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But Kushina was planning to kill it by sealing it inside her.... that would've made Madara say bye-bye to his plans.

Go back and read http://www.mangastre...uto/33928369/14

It says that she will die with it inside her, and that it will prevent it from coming back for A WHILE. That's where minato's decision stemmed from.

Edited by narukunsakuchan, 22 July 2010 - 03:01 AM.

He is her earth, her foundation upon which to grow, and she is his heaven, his peace and tranquilty and also his reason to shoot for the stars.

#17 AchikaMiyu

AchikaMiyu

Underpants Gnome

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 03:13 AM

QUOTE (KungFuTruffle @ Jul 21 2010, 10:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's it? That's the big origin story? Man, what a freakin' letdown. Minato is hardly the genius he was heralded as, and the Kyuubi seemed rather pathetic, as well. I mean, it seems like it killed all of three people, those three being Iruka's parents, and Kurenai's father.

Those were only the ones we 'saw.' There were many other casualties from those living in those buildings when the Kyuubi was summoned gob-smack right on top of the village. Also all of those random shinobi who have no notable features but went after the Kyuubi like good soldiers? They probably all died.

I think one huge factor that brought Minato to make the decision he did was remember Jiraya talk about the child of destiny prophecy. I think in that moment, Minato knew that if he were the child of destiny, then it would have been one he fulfilled with Kushina at his side. Kushina was going to die either way whether it was through sealing the Kyuubi inside of her or inside of Naruto. If you look back at Minato's speech to her, you can tell that she is his world. You could argue that the village should come before his wife, but it wasn't as simple as sealing the Kyuubi in Naruto so he could die with his wife, it was also to give Naruto the arsenal needed to fight against the "masked ninja." Not only that, he wanted to grant Kushina one last wish by sealing part of her chakra inside Naruto to give us this flashback and her meeting her son.

Going back to the memory of the child of prophecy, Minato said as much that he thought Naruto would be the one. Parents always want their children to become greater than them and Minato had those aspirations as well as faith that Naruto would become great.

Also, when you think that at the time, Minato didn't know or couldn't predict that Sasuke would try to use his Sharingan to manipulate the Kyuubi or any of the other Uchihas' would either. The main purpose of the Kyuubi's chakra was to give Naruto the power-ups to prevent Madara from even laying a finger on him.
End of line.

#18 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,195 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 22 July 2010 - 03:15 AM

exactly Minato was thinking for the future. if the kyuubi was regenerated with out a Jinchuriki then Madara would have won by default. with Naruto having the Kyuubi there's a chance that a victory can be had. And we have the Prophecy as well to consider which he took into account.

Add in that we also know he as a non Uzumaki and non Jinchiriki could not seal away the full kyuubi in time without it breaking free and killing more people. The dead demon seal was the only way to seal the entire Kyuubi safely and with only Minato paying the price.
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#19 MangaReader

MangaReader

I'm the Greatest Ever!!

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Drawing
    Animating
    Watching TV

Posted 22 July 2010 - 03:16 AM

We could just sit here and pick at the pro's and con's of Minato's decision or we could just accept what just went down and move on. Why fight amongst ourselves

sad_naruto_sig_by_mangafreak17-d81c8fy.p

Even if I'm not the one to make you happy

#20 narukunsakuchan

narukunsakuchan

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 03:20 AM

QUOTE (MangaReader @ Jul 21 2010, 09:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We could just sit here and pick at the pro's and con's of Minato's decision or we could just accept what just went down and move on. Why fight amongst ourselves

I din't see it as fighting, just a debate is all.

Also, anyone else find it funny that two of the panels came directly from the first chapter?

Edited by narukunsakuchan, 22 July 2010 - 03:21 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users