• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#21 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 06 August 2015 - 04:43 PM

Not defending him here. But. Is it me? It seems the more Kishi puts his foot in his month. He literally wants to destroy his franchise by pissing off the fans. Unless he's senile or is suffering from dementia, there's no way he's in it for the money. Think of it. Why is he chasing away his customers. He knows that everyone knows him in Japan, so there is no way a new audience is large enough to replace his former fandom. And the world pirates his stuff 90% of the time. That's not the proper way to amass the yen given from his audience. Its more like he wants the Bolt film to flop by lying. Why do you think he lied to us when he did the one-shot Bolt chapter about Sakura born as an elite? You can tell this interview was stage by SP to do damage control since two weeks ago's interview.

He has been doing it a lot lately. Every time I see a "New Kishimoto interview" thread, the guy digs a deeper hole for himself. 

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#22 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 05:27 PM

This interview is hilarious. I totally believe it.

So Kishi gave another interview in regards to the events of Gaiden and other things.  Found this from Narutobase

http://ure.pia.co.jp.../-/42173?page=2

Key points:

-Chouji and Karui were forcefully paired up just bc he needed to create a new InoShikaChou

Okay. So why did we have to another InoShikaChou? I know the previous generations had them, but so what? Also, if it's chou then it doesn't matter who he is paired with. What about some random Konoha girl, what about TenTen or something? At least I can imagine them come across each other on a semi-frequent basis. Given the chou part of chouji and his minor character statuts is it even important that we know who mom is?

But then, where would we be without the fat joke? I am curious how long he knew he was going to do Ino/Sai and Chouji/Karui? I mean, everyone was crammed together in the war arc...what about some interaction other than the part where it looks like Sai is insulting Ino?

-the scene where karin appears was supposed to be longer (meaning he wanted to explain more along with actual flashbacks) but since it would take more time and sound contrived, he cut the scenes out. (meaning the flashback was already outlined) So he wants to leave it to the readers' imagination.

He's probably right. It's not like there were ever chances for them to interact on screen...oh, wait, there were. He could have built an easy friendship that fans had been speculating about for sometime.

-he explained that sakura and karin's friendship bloomed bc they were able to understand each other's feelings since they were both almost killed by sasuke. kishi didn't write the flashbacks of their friendship bc he believed drawing out the last SSS scene together was more important

Well, yes, and a point of common experience. They bond over tragedy, entirely reasonable and workable. Of course, nobody sees it, so I don't see how anyone outside of fans of those two character really gives a crap about it or forms any type of attachment to it. Show, don't tell, man.

It's also workable if the series doesn't end as either SK or SS. In fact, it seems an obvious way for both of them to move past Sasuke and deal with the experience. How is it not a tragedy that they bond over this and no one comes to the conclusion that maybe he's just not dating material?

I'd ask if he really is that oblivious, but then I remember the "apology" and him use Karin's feeling as comedy gold even after the attempted murder. So, yes, he is.

Then again, maybe it's better he didn't write it. Though it was the escape hatch the plot of Gaiden needlessly jumped through, I cannot think of a single way that this happens while maintaining the ending as it is. Between ignoring it or publishing a disaster...he's probably better off ignoring it, even though this really isn't a thing to assume development on. It's a technique that can work in certain cases, just not character bonds. At least not ones you want people to care about.

And, yes, the SSS scene was more important. It's too bad scene that the scene where their friendship was brought up was the same one made the whole ten chapter adventure a giant waste of time. Wasn't the point of Naruto's speech that it didn't matter if Sasuke was her real dad or not?

-kishi wants readers to understand Sasuke and Sakura's connection through Gaiden

Well, yeah, that need to be done and should have been done in the original story given that it involved two of the leading characters. That Gaiden is even needed for that is itself a problem.

But just for fun...anyone here actually understand their connection as a result of this? I don't. Maybe the two should have had more meaningful interactions because the only bond that got attention was Sarada's.

-he felt pressured writing Gaiden thinking ppl would not like it as much as the original series

Probably true, given the ending. The fans that he alienated weren't going to like it since it builds on an ending they despise. NH wasn't going to care because NH isn't in it. This was written for SS...and he couldn't even avoid pissing them off. Maybe he is right to be worried.

-he wanted to write sarada's character as "not too lady-like" so he bought women psychology books like "WOMEN POWER UP" to study more about women characteristics to write sarada's character (lol)

Sarada is the only character I liked in this. I don't think reading up on that is a bad (I have no opinion on the chose material as I know nothing about it), but if he is unsure himself to the point where he felt he needed to do that....why not do that well before now?

-Chouchou is the staff's favorite

Because, of course, she is. Their favorite is the stupidest character in Gaiden. It explains why she got to hang around and do nothing besides make the same bad joke like five times. I get the feeling the people who wrote that think they are alot funnier than they are.

It's unfortunate. She had a promising start before things went so wrong.

#23 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 06 August 2015 - 07:38 PM

This whole interview just screams kitten, and it's hilarious because the more Kishimoto opens his mouth the more damage he's doing to his own series.

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#24 Candleguy

Candleguy

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 07:42 PM

To all the people who claimed that Hinata and Sakura were "realistic" or their storyline were realistic

I wonder how they feel knowing that Kishimoto had to pick up a textbook on women to get Sarada to be a decent female in his pov

Does this not imply he considers Sakura/Hinata failures?

Edited by Candleguy, 06 August 2015 - 07:42 PM.

#25 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 07:45 PM

To all the people who claimed that Hinata and Sakura were "realistic" or their storyline were realistic

I wonder how they feel knowing that Kishimoto had to pick up a textbook on women to get Sarada to be a decent female in his pov

Does this not imply he considers Sakura/Hinata failures?

Ohhh good one...

tumblr_obno1yoNj11suy1fso1_540.gif

:eager:  Persona 5 hype     :eager:

#26 KnS

KnS

感じの作家

• ANBU
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Writing

Posted 06 August 2015 - 08:57 PM

How is it not a tragedy that they bond over this and no one comes to the conclusion that maybe he's just not dating material?

I don't know, because it is obvious to anyone with even the smallest gift of objectivity.

While Sasuke's early losses generated some initial sympathy, his determination to be a cold, pitiless, soulless island unto himself was never shaken.  On the contrary.  Although he waffled on exactly which path to take to accomplish it, he solidified his persona with every step he took and every decision he made. 

To take such a consistently and thoroughly hateful and selfish character and make him the ultimate romantic figure -- which is what pairing him with Sakura and then creating Sarada and a gaiden to justify it -- was ridiculous.

Sasuke reminds me of the character Anton Chigurh in No Country for Old Men. Would it have flown if the Coen Brothers had tried to incorporate a romance for the Anton character in the movie?  What if, at the end, Chigurh had flipped his coin and then poked Carla Jean in the forehead instead of shooting her to death?  That wouldn't have made any less sense than having Sasuke suddenly prove he'd loved Sakura all along.

Sigh.

As we've all discussed many times, the problem lies in Kishimoto becoming so enamored with Sasuke himself that everything else -- including the story's tragic hero and namesake -- was sacrificed to make it (seem) plausible for Sasuke to be the center of not only the romantic conclusion of the manga, but his progeny be at the center of anything else going forward. 

But just for fun...anyone here actually understand their connection as a result of this?

No.  Made it worse.

#27 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts
  • Interests:One Piece, Tokyo Ghoul, The Breaker, Fairy Tail, BnHA, Twin Star Exorcists, Shokugeki no Soma, Owari no Seraph, BnHA, Akatsuki no Yona, Noragami, Magi, Akame Ga Kill, Attack on Titan, HotD, SAO, HxH, Ao no Exorcist, NnT

LuNa, Touken, EragonxArya, MiriShep, NS, SoumaxErina, IzuOcha, RokuBeni, NaLu, ShioonxJinnie, YuxShinoa, HakYona, SaberxShirou, Yatori, MK, EreMika

Posted 06 August 2015 - 10:27 PM

LOL the absurdity of them "bonding" because Sasuke tried to murder them both is incredible, considering that they both still fangirl over him. The only way that works is if it was after the fact and they had both moved on. As it stands now, Karin is just another person for Sakura to flaunt her victory and her prize over. It's funny how Kishi tried to show SS in a semi decent light then turns around and says that Sakura is "immersed in poison" when it comes to Sasuke.

Welcome back KnS!!!

EXL5X4B.png

"I am the One-Eyed King."

#28 TerrorKing

TerrorKing

Glorified lurker of the deep!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 11:56 PM

I almost cannot be angry with Kishi anymore, because even though almost everything that has come out of his mouth since the ending has been pure garbage, it's just so amusing to see him trash his own series like that. Maybe he doesn't see it that way or maybe he just doesn't care, but at least one can find some form of entertainment from watching him undermine pretty much everything that was ever good or decent about the Naruto series. 

Also, Sakura and Karin bonding over attempted murder by the same guy, who one of them is currently ehm...in a relationship with...And this is supposed to be seen as a positive thing in relation to "understand each others feelings". Only in Kishi's derranged mind could something like that ever be considered good development.  

ragnorak-heavydose-500-2.jpg

Run, live to fly, fly to live, do or die

Won't you run, live to fly,

fly to live, Aces high

#29 Sakura~

Sakura~

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts
  • Interests:currently obsessed with Gintama and One Piece.
    http://clefairiess.tumblr.com

Posted 07 August 2015 - 12:09 AM

They bonded so much that Sakura taped over her picture

LOOOOOOOOOOOOL

harley_quinn___sign_by_ravenlsd-d8q43el.

#30 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 12:23 AM

There`s more.  This time from Kishi`s brother Seishi

http://www.ganganonl.../sukedachi/#2nd

Key points

-kishi wants readers to understand Sasuke and Sakura's connection through Gaiden
-he felt pressured writing Gaiden thinking ppl would not like it as much as the original series
-he wanted to write sarada's character as "not too lady-like" so he bought women psychology books like "WOMEN POWER UP" to study more about women characteristics to write sarada's character (lol)

It's official. BoruChou.  :zaru:

Edited by Phantom_999, 07 August 2015 - 12:23 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#31 Narufan85

Narufan85

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,412 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 01:49 AM

Did Gaiden REALLY shed any insight into the SS relationship? Beyond the fact that it's still dysfunctional? 

#32 Candleguy

Candleguy

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 02:02 AM

Did Gaiden REALLY shed any insight into the SS relationship? Beyond the fact that it's still dysfunctional? 

It showed us how deep Sakura's addiction is

And that sasuke cares enough to sleep with her at least once

#33 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts
  • Interests:One Piece, Tokyo Ghoul, The Breaker, Fairy Tail, BnHA, Twin Star Exorcists, Shokugeki no Soma, Owari no Seraph, BnHA, Akatsuki no Yona, Noragami, Magi, Akame Ga Kill, Attack on Titan, HotD, SAO, HxH, Ao no Exorcist, NnT

LuNa, Touken, EragonxArya, MiriShep, NS, SoumaxErina, IzuOcha, RokuBeni, NaLu, ShioonxJinnie, YuxShinoa, HakYona, SaberxShirou, Yatori, MK, EreMika

Posted 07 August 2015 - 02:53 AM

I almost cannot be angry with Kishi anymore, because even though almost everything that has come out of his mouth since the ending has been pure garbage, it's just so amusing to see him trash his own series like that. Maybe he doesn't see it that way or maybe he just doesn't care, but at least one can find some form of entertainment from watching him undermine pretty much everything that was ever good or decent about the Naruto series. 

Also, Sakura and Karin bonding over attempted murder by the same guy, who one of them is currently ehm...in a relationship with...And this is supposed to be seen as a positive thing in relation to "understand each others feelings". Only in Kishi's derranged mind could something like that ever be considered good development.

This line exactly! It's like the two of them (Sakura and Karin) are glorifying and fangirling over the fact that he tried to murder them both...

EXL5X4B.png

"I am the One-Eyed King."

#34 TerrorKing

TerrorKing

Glorified lurker of the deep!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 03:11 AM

This line exactly! It's like the two of them (Sakura and Karin) are glorifying and fangirling over the fact that he tried to murder them both...

Yes exactly. This could have been a profound moment, but the way Kishi spins it only serves to further paint Sakura and Karin as insane Sasuke fangirls.  

ragnorak-heavydose-500-2.jpg

Run, live to fly, fly to live, do or die

Won't you run, live to fly,

fly to live, Aces high

#35 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 03:35 AM

Can you imagine the dialog?

Sakura: I remember the first time he tried to kill me. It was so romantic.

Karin: Tell me about it. Come on girlfriend spill it.

Sakura: It was two and a half years after he abandoned me and the village. He wanted to Chidori me but Yamato wanted really bad and jumped in front.

Karin: Lucky bastard.

Sakura: Tell me about it. But there was the second time where I tried to kill him, now he wanted to Chidori me from behind but just as we was about to do it Kakashi intervened.

Karin: That's tough.

Sakura: Yeah I know but right after that I tried to kill him again but he grabbed me by the throat and wanted to cut my head off. But again someone intervened.

Karin: Who?

Sakura: That a-hole Naruto. He grabbed me all bridal style. I mean who the hell does he think he is? The hero of the story or what?

Karin: What a cockblocker.

Sakura: But it finally happened. Sasuke finally Chidori-ed me. But damn it was in a Genjutsu. Damn damn damn.

Karin: Well girlfriend I'm sorry to tell you this. But Sasuke Chidori-ed me for real. And it was awesome. You should've seen my blood was poring out like a fountain. In that moment I felt like I found my soul mate.

Sakura: Oh damn and blast.

God this story is so kittened up.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#36 RamenxBlossom

RamenxBlossom

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 64 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku
    Fanfiction
    Kpop
    Kdramas
    Anime/Manga
    Drawing

Posted 07 August 2015 - 08:10 AM

We don't even need Cupid or his stupid arrows.

Sasuke's already doing well in touching their hearts with a Chidori  :happy:  Ten times more accurate, and hundred times more effective  :zaru:

output_FAafXs_zpsoj0idcx1.gif?t=14375663

#37 FireFox

FireFox

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,357 posts
  • Interests:Music:Trance&Progressive: Armin Van Buren ASOT,Aly&Fila FSOE,Andrew Rayel,Giuseppe Ottaviani
    Movies: The Last Samurai,Lord of the Rings,The Hobbit,Marvel.
    Movie Series: Game of Thrones,Spartacus,The Mentalist,NCIS,The Big Bang Theory,How I Met Your Mother.
    Manga: Naruto,Gintama.
    Parings: NaruSaku,MinaKushi,GinTae,ZuraKyubei

Posted 07 August 2015 - 10:47 AM

As I always say about SS  what connection !? There's none to begin with unless you count all the murder attempts and insults/degradation  of "true divine love"  then they have plenty of it  :roll:. Kishimoto perfectly showed their connection in this Gaiden as the Ultimate Psycho couple how beautiful right !?I9V1N8m.png.  

Posted Image                                                            

" I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#38 Narufan85

Narufan85

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,412 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 02:15 PM

I don't think Kishi even cares at this point.

#39 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:Reading and writing. Anime/Manga.

Posted 07 August 2015 - 04:47 PM

So Kishi gave another interview in regards to the events of Gaiden and other things.  Found this from Narutobase

http://ure.pia.co.jp.../-/42173?page=2

Key points:

-Chouji and Karui were forcefully paired up just bc he needed to create a new InoShikaChou

-the scene where karin appears was supposed to be longer (meaning he wanted to explain more along with actual flashbacks) but since it would take more time and sound contrived, he cut the scenes out. (meaning the flashback was already outlined) So he wants to leave it to the readers' imagination.

-he explained that sakura and karin's friendship bloomed bc they were able to understand each other's feelings since they were both almost killed by sasuke. kishi didn't write the flashbacks of their friendship bc he believed drawing out the last SSS scene together was more important

Kishimoto is a riot. All his interviews these days are just hilariously ridiculous.

Sakura and Karin bonded over Sasuke attempting to kill each of them, lol okay. And yet, Sakura still had a kid with a man she acknowledges tried to kill her. :zaru: I just can't wrap my head around the way Kishimoto's mind works, and I don't think I want to.

There`s more.  This time from Kishi`s brother Seishi

http://www.ganganonl.../sukedachi/#2nd

Key points

I don't have any opinion on Kishimoto's writing of Sarada, since I didn't read Gaiden, but that fact that he felt he needed to read books on women's psychology shows just how much he was floundering with female characters. Just write females with the same respect you would write males, that's like literally all you have to do. It's not that kittening hard. Women aren't that complicated, we really aren't. Not any more than the next person at least. But then again, he can't seem to write any of his characters with respect, just look at how the main character turned out.

Edited by BakeNeko-Chan, 07 August 2015 - 04:48 PM.

#40 ichigo500

ichigo500

Ichigo gunyu

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,168 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 08:02 PM

The chouchou thing about her being the staff's favourite made me laugh ! apparently, they always like the same kind of characters: useless girls who keep repeating the same things...

tumblr_nq5cp7mpWa1t4u7tdo1_500.gif

:love: Kiss Kiss Fall in love  :love: 

My tumblr

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users