• This topic is locked This topic is locked
176 replies to this topic

#141 blessed_devil

blessed_devil

...Advanced Member?

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts
  • Interests:Making fanfics, reading fanfics, watching TV especially Naruto, eating, sleeping, playing...

Posted 06 March 2006 - 12:54 PM

QUOTE (Hinano @ Mar 6 2006, 12:32 PM)
the day naruto and sakura have a hugging moment the narutofan forums are gonna explode....and considering some of these "camp" scenes its probable!  w00t.gif

It'll be the day that the Narutofan forums will be flooded with "It's just a friendly hug" posts.
Nothing is more reassuring than Kakashi saying "They'll be alright. Pakkun is with them."

#142 sharingank

sharingank

Inner Kyuubi

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts
  • Interests:Uh...stuff. I like Naruto. Wow. What a surprise. Gaara, Kakashi, Neji, and Kankuro are the boys.

Posted 06 March 2006 - 01:03 PM

XD That'll be beautiful....I cannot WAIT.

Actually...I kinda think this entire spectacle is rather hilarious...XD I mean, the denial on the other side is so laughable...*grin*

Heh. I popped over to the NaruSaku FC at Narutofan, and I noticed a few members of the opposition (particularly katamiko, who, I think, is going to be the problem child. She's one of the ones instigating the catfights....) lurking, which strikes me as SO immature. *shakes head*

#143 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 03:31 PM

Yeah, it is a bummer both sides gotta go at it so much. Or would it be all three since we also got NaruHina besides SasuSaku to worry about, guys? Anyway, I do think that we got a clear cut advantage in evidence so far, ne? happy.gif

Bryon

#144 Blooming Cosmo

Blooming Cosmo

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Interests:NARUSAKU, ShikaIno, ShikaTema, NejiTen

Posted 06 March 2006 - 07:05 PM

I was so extremely happy after reading this chapter.

Click For Spoiler
For a long time I was starting to doubt whether this coupling would end up being a possible couple in the end, but after reading what Yamato said as well as a bunch of essays on Narutofan, I feel much better about the chances of NaruSaku working out.

I know there will be that moment of doubt that sinks in once Sasuke returns, but I'm feeling pretty optomistic about these two. -cheer-

...if we're going to make it, then we're half way there...

#145 Dageoffant

Dageoffant

This sentence is false.

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 08:08 PM

QUOTE (blessed_devil @ Mar 6 2006, 07:54 AM)
the day naruto and sakura have a hugging moment the narutofan forums are gonna explode....and considering some of these "camp" scenes its probable!  w00t.gif

It'll be the day that the Narutofan forums will be flooded with "It's just a friendly hug" posts.

What about when sakrua starts calling her naruto-kun? or when they verbally admit to thier feelings? or when they go further a_squish.gif
May god have mercy on my enemies, because I shure as hell wont-General George S Patton.

#146 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 08:14 PM

I used to want to see Sakura call him Naruto-kun.

But by now, I think it's a step back. As I understand it, the -kun suffix denotes respect (which would be great), but it's also more formal. I think that she's skipped through the -kun phase.

#147 Urazz

Urazz

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 08:43 PM

QUOTE (Nick Soapdish @ Mar 6 2006, 04:14 PM)
I used to want to see Sakura call him Naruto-kun.

But by now, I think it's a step back.  As I understand it, the -kun suffix denotes respect (which would be great), but it's also more formal.  I think that she's skipped through the -kun phase.

Agreed! I felt that she was always more personal with Naruto than she ever was with Sasuke. Anyways, it always felt a bit OOC of Sakura to me if she calls Naruto, Naruto-kun. Granted I think Naruto has done things that makes Sakura respect him but he also does really idiotic things too so I think the two cancel each other out. Of course I think Naruto not doing any idiotic things would be too OOC for him so I don't really see Sakura using -kun on Naruto. laugh.gif
Urazz: Hey sis what's going on?
Urazz's Sister: I cut myself.
Urazz: Take it like a man even if your a woman.
Urazz's Sister: Ok!
*Urazz's Sister kicks Urazz in the groin.*
Urazz: $%^&*#
Urazz's Sister: I dunno. I'm sure it's much better to take it like a woman. That was evidence to support my theory.
*Urazz whimpers like a baby*

#148 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 06 March 2006 - 08:45 PM

I'm with Nick. happy.gif As has been mentioned in a few places, Sakura using "kun" would be a step backwards. The most intimate way you can refer to someone is by their first name, and without a suffix. Or there is the "koi" suffix used by some lovers. Of course, using the name without any suffix can be seen as extremely disrespectful (which was true of Sakura when we first saw her in the manga). But it's obvious now that Sakura does not mean any disrespect these days.

Sakura HAS actually called him "Naruto-kun" before at least once (perhaps twice in the anime). Remember that scene in Chapter 3 where Naruto plays a prank on Kakashi? Sakura referred to him in that way while she was apologising to Kakashi (and celebrating inside).

#149 puckreathof

puckreathof

The Old Lion grows weary...

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 09:09 PM

This chapter should have laid aside a lot of arguments, but it hasn't. I do agree with Smiter on a whole that the shipping question isn't always so much logical as it is emotional. Specifically, a lot of people, being shy/submissive, whatever, associate with Hinata as their heroine and want her to get her man. Some associate with Naruto, but would rather have a dominate relationship, rather than one where both parties are equals. That's a lot of hat the choice boils down to in the end. I associate with the hero, and figure he shoudl be rewarded for his hard work. In all truth, I could go for Naruto getting together with anybody (except Hinata at this point who I feel is the 'consolation prize') and I wouldn't mind, so long as it is properly gone over in the story. I mean, if we had a blonde coup and it became NaruIno, I wouldn't mind. So yeah, it's all about who you associate with. Some can distance themselves and follow the story, but that takes a more analytical mind, someone who is used to picking apart literary works. (I.E. a certain education level.) So yeah. It's tough that a lot of fans can't pull themselves away from their association with their character to realize where the story is going, but it'll take some time before, if ever, they can do so. I also agree that the lack of the -kun suffix should be how she addresses him. It just sounds weird, and it's how fangirls appear to address their respective stalkee, so to speak. After all, Hinata is the one who calls him Naruto-kun, just as the fangirls refer to Sasuke as Sasuke-kun.

#150 MBKon

MBKon

Hm hm hm hm hm

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 607 posts
  • Interests:Girls, and girls, girls, did i mention girls?

Posted 06 March 2006 - 09:32 PM

Agree! I think Naruto-chan would be better tongue.gif

#151 Sorixed

Sorixed

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 09:32 PM

QUOTE (blessed_devil @ Mar 6 2006, 04:54 AM)

No it's gonna be like this '' that doesn't matter their brother and sister Sakura hugged sasuke billions of times " no offence sasusaku fans

#152 MBKon

MBKon

Hm hm hm hm hm

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 607 posts
  • Interests:Girls, and girls, girls, did i mention girls?

Posted 06 March 2006 - 09:39 PM

no she didnt, she hugged him once, i think. And it was only to stop him from rampaging through the curse seal.

#153 Sorixed

Sorixed

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 09:45 PM

QUOTE (MBKon @ Mar 6 2006, 01:39 PM)
no she didnt, she hugged him once, i think. And it was only to stop him from rampaging through the curse seal.

I was joking i wasn't serious :blink: , but there was another time when she hugged him when she thought he died in the Zabuza arc,when she caught him from the lee fight (not really hugging though).

#154 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 06 March 2006 - 10:58 PM

QUOTE (sharingank @ Mar 6 2006, 09:03 AM)
Heh. I popped over to the NaruSaku FC at Narutofan, and I noticed a few members of the opposition (particularly katamiko, who, I think, is going to be the problem child. She's one of the ones instigating the catfights....) lurking, which strikes me as SO immature. *shakes head*

Yeah, I noticed her too. And she 'claims' that she is not one of the ones instigating and causing trouble, yet her signature has a big fat message basically telling NaruSaku-ers to shut up about 297 huh.gif

Loser much? tongue.gif

#155 Urazz

Urazz

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 10:59 PM

QUOTE (puckreathof @ Mar 6 2006, 05:09 PM)
This chapter should have laid aside a lot of arguments, but it hasn't. I do agree with Smiter on a whole that the shipping question isn't always so much logical as it is emotional. Specifically, a lot of people, being shy/submissive, whatever, associate with Hinata as their heroine and want her to get her man. Some associate with Naruto, but would rather have a dominate relationship, rather than one where both parties are equals. That's a lot of hat the choice boils down to in the end. I associate with the hero, and figure he shoudl be rewarded for his hard work. In all truth, I could go for Naruto getting together with anybody (except Hinata at this point who I feel is the 'consolation prize') and I wouldn't mind, so long as it is properly gone over in the story. I mean, if we had a blonde coup and it became NaruIno, I wouldn't mind. So yeah, it's all about who you associate with. Some can distance themselves and follow the story, but that takes a more analytical mind, someone who is used to picking apart literary works. (I.E. a certain education level.) So yeah. It's tough that a lot of fans can't pull themselves away from their association with their character to realize where the story is going, but it'll take some time before, if ever, they can do so. I also agree that the lack of the -kun suffix should be how she addresses him. It just sounds weird, and it's how fangirls appear to address their respective stalkee, so to speak. After all, Hinata is the one who calls him Naruto-kun, just as the fangirls refer to Sasuke as Sasuke-kun.

For me shipping in any story tends to go by who I think will get together more so than any emotions involved. I'll read fanfics of pairings I like but feel have no chance of happening but I won't offically support them.
Urazz: Hey sis what's going on?
Urazz's Sister: I cut myself.
Urazz: Take it like a man even if your a woman.
Urazz's Sister: Ok!
*Urazz's Sister kicks Urazz in the groin.*
Urazz: $%^&*#
Urazz's Sister: I dunno. I'm sure it's much better to take it like a woman. That was evidence to support my theory.
*Urazz whimpers like a baby*

#156 Hinano

Hinano

NaruSaku Lurker

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 11:37 PM

There was that time she hugged sasuke in the hospital too....when tsunade revived him and it made naruto all sad I was like :shamefulcry0js:

#157 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 11:39 PM

QUOTE (Smiter @ Mar 6 2006, 03:45 PM)
I'm with Nick. happy.gif 

Really? I wouldn't have guessed, seeing as how you persuaded me on it and all. tongue.gif

#158 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 06 March 2006 - 11:51 PM

I... er... don't remember that, Nick. XD

#159 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 12:25 AM

It was in discussions about Spirit of Fire. Speaking of which ... biggrin.gif

#160 Burning_Wulf

Burning_Wulf

Just your friendly, neighborhood zombie hunter.

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Interests:Wolves, Anime/Manga, Rx7, NaruSaku, Timeoff work, Sleeping, Comics, Napping, Cats, Resting, Skeet, and Racing plus too much more....

Posted 07 March 2006 - 12:36 AM

Read the chapter

Click For Spoiler
YEAHHAHHH!!!!

So very very close to NaruSaku, Then Naruto had to go and open his mouth and insert his foot.

Awhile, it will happen eventually.

The issue of Sai... How Naruto finds him and skins him.

coco_zps31bec3d3.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users