kruemelmonsteryn0.gif Yep.

#23 Evil Potato

Evil Potato

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 03:26 AM

^ yes, but what if your friends with a hater and they keep saying how funny it would be if Sakura dies... not so much fun, also very annoying

#24 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 03:28 AM

Most haters love fan fiction because they can come up with dozens of ways to kill Sakura and believe me I have read some mean Sakura bashing stories that it just make me laugh. kruemelmonsteryn0.gif

Edited by Gravenimage, 17 February 2010 - 03:29 AM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#25 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 03:30 AM

QUOTE (Evil Potato @ Feb 17 2010, 03:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
^ yes, but what if your friends with a hater and they keep saying how funny it would be if Sakura dies... not so much fun, also very annoying

Hmm, my friend loves Sasuke (No h***, he's a guy lol) he thinks he's "ghetto"... Me and my sister are Pro-NaruSaku ^^ though she never watches the anime anymore and never read the manga, but still! lol.

#26 Hopestar

Hopestar

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts
  • Interests:Food: Asian (specifically Japanese)
    Religion: Christian
    Sports: Golf, Tennis, Rowing/Crew
    Hobbies: Finance, Politics, Books, Fine dining, video games
    Music: Rock

Posted 17 February 2010 - 03:55 AM

They will be content until their pairing become canon (according to kishi's direction its a no go)! NH & SS perfer their pairing but it would only worked if Kishi was writing a shojo and he had mutiple chances in making NH & SS canon but chosen the ol' fashion shonen route which leads to NS laugh.gif . These people need to understand that the way how american & japanese write stories are totally different based on their culture & values.
[FONT=Times][SIZE=7][COLOR=blue]
Let light be our guide towards victory
Whenever there's despair there's a darkness, whenever there's hope there's a light and it's up to us to bring in that light.

#27 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 05:13 AM

This is a thread that should probably be tread carefully because we shouldn't bash the fans of other pairings.

As to why people hate Sakura? I think a lot of it comes down to first impressions and having those impressions formed by the anime over the manga. Both make sense.

In both the manga and anime, she was fairly immature early on. As she matured and treated both of her teammates better (less abuse to Naruto, less fangirling of Sasuke), she continued to do both enough to remind readers of those first impressions.

In the anime, she's worse on both accounts - either because the animators were trying to fill time, aiming for cheap laughs or just plain lazy. And remember, they aren't exactly privy to Kishi's plans so they're kinda guessing on development. The anime impressions are likely to be stronger because you're getting both the visual of her beating Naruto or chasing Sasuke as well as the squeal of her voice.

And it might also combine with the first reason because lots of people caught the anime first. I was one of them and actually wasn't even planning on reading the manga, but just to watch the story as it came out as anime (not being aware of the filler phenomenon at the time). I made it about a week before succumbing to curiosity and starting on the manga. laugh.gif

#28 Recompense

Recompense

Shameful Member of the YEAR!!

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 05:51 AM

Approved, Nick.

We all feel bad about Sakura being derided, but that's no excuse to speak ill of others. Normally I'd be right along with you discriminating against the other shippers and mocking them, but at this point it's gotten old.
I'm just sitting here. Wondering what it'd be like To be with you.

#29 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 06:00 AM

QUOTE (Recompense @ Feb 17 2010, 06:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Approved, Nick.

We all feel bad about Sakura being derided, but that's no excuse to speak ill of others. Normally I'd be right along with you discriminating against the other shippers and mocking them, but at this point it's gotten old.

Lol that too. kruemelmonsteryn0.gif

#30 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • Interests:Comic-books: Superman, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Batman, X-Men...
    Manga/anime: Ranma 1/2, Saint Seiya, Kimagure Orange Road, Fist of North Star, Touch, City Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Mazinger Z, Devilman, Cutey Honey, Daimos, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock, Gundam, Bubblegum Crisis, Lone wolf and Cub, Naruto...
    Cartoons: Ninja Turtles, The Transformers, Thundercats, G. I. Joe, The Real ghostbusters, He-Man, SilverHawks, Batman TAS, Avatar...
    Videogames: Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, King of Fighters, Earthbound, Golden Sun, Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Alex Kid, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Crash Bandicoot, Medievil, Dragon Quest, Secret of Mana, Terranigma...
    Movies: Riders of Lost Ark, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The Ghostbusters, Highlander, Robocop, Return to Oz, Conan the Barbarian, The Goonies...
    Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, The Wizard of Oz, Dracula, Treasure's Island, Journey to the Center of Earth, The Black Arrow, Alice in Wonderland...

Posted 17 February 2010 - 08:52 AM

As to why people hate Sakura? I think a lot of it comes down to first impressions and having those impressions formed by the anime over the manga. Both make sense.

It doesn't make sense to me.

I always find character bashing is a ridiculous, absurd and meaningless waste of time.

She is a fictional character. It doesn't make sense hating her. She is NOT real.

And they ALWAYS overblow her negative traits. Or they make them up. Or they ignore her positive traits and her growing. Or diminish it so much as they can. Or they criticize her, not matter what she does or doesn't (they hated her because she loved Sasuke instead of Naruto and they hate her now because she loves Naruto instead of Sasuke). Or they base their hatred on things she has done in FANFICS but she never did in canon.

That behaviour gets SO exaggerated and obsessive often I wonder if we are talking about the same character at all. It can't be explained away with "bad first impressions and anime overplaying her tsundere-type traits".

Usually fandom always needs finding a character to dump their hatred upon. Believe me. I have found that behavior on EVERY fandom I have ever come across.

I never hated her. I understood what kind of character she was from the start, and I didn't obsess over her bad traits. And certainly I didn't get obsessed over her hitting Naruto because I had seen a lot of animes. I am very familiarized with the tsundere trope (it has been used with female leads since the seventies) and I knew the hitting is supposed to be comedic violence, and not to be taken seriously (whereas Sasuke stabbing Karin IS supposed to be taken seriously). And... God, she is a downright MILD tsundere. Look to Sayaka Yumi, Akane Tendo, Lum and Shinobu, Naru Narusegawa, Kaori Makimura, Lina Inverse... They have stricken their respective love interest more times in one single chapter than Sakura Haruno has hit Naruto in the whole series.

This is a thread that should probably be tread carefully because we shouldn't bash the fans of other pairings.

I completely agree, Nick. I dislike when people is unable to be civil at each other over internet.

I hope my post hasn't come across like if I am bashing other fans. I merely was expressing my frustration.

super-robot-wars-poster.jpg

Do you want to take over the world, huh? Well, you'll have to go through us first!

#31 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 12:06 PM

QUOTE (Hopestar @ Feb 16 2010, 08:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They will be content until their pairing become canon (according to kishi's direction its a no go)! NH & SS perfer their pairing but it would only worked if Kishi was writing a shojo and he had mutiple chances in making NH & SS canon but chosen the ol' fashion shonen route which leads to NS laugh.gif . These people need to understand that the way how american & japanese write stories are totally different based on their culture & values.

Yes I believe I told the same thing to shippudengirl about that most mangaka write their mangas base on their culture and not on western culture. happy.gif
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#32 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Writing, reading, Warhammer, WoW, Naruto, Anime in general. Movies, HK KungFu Movies, D&amp;D, video games (SFIV!!!) and various other things.

Posted 17 February 2010 - 03:04 PM

It's funny I can understand (barely) how Sasu/Saku-ers can still exist so to speak. What I don't get is the Nar/Hina people. The girl confessed outfront to Naruto. And unlike Sakura's confession Hinata's was a true heartfelt confession. And instead of there being one scene between Naruto and Hinata discussing their feelings or whatever, the story rolls right back to the action and drama. No one especially the two parties involve ever addressed the confession. They just continued like business as usually. So I mean, I don't know what leg they're standing on.

batman-arkham-city-wallpaper-wallpaper-0xl_batman_arkham_origins_logo.jpg

#33 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 03:29 PM

QUOTE (Jenskott @ Feb 17 2010, 03:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It doesn't make sense to me.

You're right and I misspoke. I wasn't trying to imply that they were right to bash, but that it's not proof that they have an agenda by bashing.

#34 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • Interests:Comic-books: Superman, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Batman, X-Men...
    Manga/anime: Ranma 1/2, Saint Seiya, Kimagure Orange Road, Fist of North Star, Touch, City Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Mazinger Z, Devilman, Cutey Honey, Daimos, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock, Gundam, Bubblegum Crisis, Lone wolf and Cub, Naruto...
    Cartoons: Ninja Turtles, The Transformers, Thundercats, G. I. Joe, The Real ghostbusters, He-Man, SilverHawks, Batman TAS, Avatar...
    Videogames: Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, King of Fighters, Earthbound, Golden Sun, Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Alex Kid, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Crash Bandicoot, Medievil, Dragon Quest, Secret of Mana, Terranigma...
    Movies: Riders of Lost Ark, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The Ghostbusters, Highlander, Robocop, Return to Oz, Conan the Barbarian, The Goonies...
    Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, The Wizard of Oz, Dracula, Treasure's Island, Journey to the Center of Earth, The Black Arrow, Alice in Wonderland...

Posted 17 February 2010 - 07:08 PM

You're right and I misspoke. I wasn't trying to imply that they were right to bash, but that it's not proof that they have an agenda by bashing.

Don't worry. I didn't think you were implying that.

And I don't think they have an agenda either. They hate one character because their own reasons (or because they jumped in the hatred bandwagon). It is so simple like that.

super-robot-wars-poster.jpg

Do you want to take over the world, huh? Well, you'll have to go through us first!

#35 Muffins?

Muffins?

Bearded Priest of Norvos

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 04:23 AM

People hate on Sakura because they want to and you know whatever floats their boats...

JLHza2T.png

#36 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 04:45 AM

QUOTE (Muffins? @ Feb 18 2010, 04:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
People hate on Sakura because they want to and you know whatever floats their boats...

Yep, again. kruemelmonsteryn0.gif

#37 LazyMuser

LazyMuser

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:Guitar, singing, drawing, writing, hiking, adventuring, music, plays and what not. Mostly anything art like plus Basketball and Hockey. :)

Posted 18 February 2010 - 05:17 AM

QUOTE (Chesh @ Feb 16 2010, 07:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Its Simple.

Sakura is a threat to all the other fans ships.

So anytime she does anything that develops her character or the Narusaku paring they pick on her bad points and never her good ones.

I think they feel if the Manga doesnt bash Sakura they must take it upon themselves to do it.

Haha, well said. I think that about sums it up. They feel threatened because they know deep down the ship they pull for is going to sink.

#38 Guest_Kodachi Claws_*

Guest_Kodachi Claws_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2010 - 06:43 AM

Pretty much what everyone said. Either because they miss the point of Naruto getting beat up by Sakura, or because they don't know which way she's going to go.

However, what's really been bothering me lately is how people have been viewing her since the Pain arc. After the scene where Sakura called for Naruto when their village was destroyed, people screamed "This isn't the Sakura Kishimoto introduced us to in Part 2!!" To which I say "Well, let's see something happen in your hometown that makes 9/11 look like chump change, and see how YOU react!"

And now everyone is complaining about "She still loves Sasuke!?" Well, one could say the same for Naruto. Even though Sakura hesitated, at least she was going to kill Sasuke. Naruto is behaving like he doesn't even want to spar with Sasuke! When she confronted Sasuke again, what did you guys THINK was going to happen!? Just go "You're bad now, DIE!!"? This is most likely the eye-opener for her.

#39 Guest_SS3 Goku_*

Guest_SS3 Goku_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2010 - 01:48 PM

QUOTE (Kodachi Claws @ Feb 18 2010, 07:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Pretty much what everyone said. Either because they miss the point of Naruto getting beat up by Sakura, or because they don't know which way she's going to go.

However, what's really been bothering me lately is how people have been viewing her since the Pain arc. After the scene where Sakura called for Naruto when their village was destroyed, people screamed "This isn't the Sakura Kishimoto introduced us to in Part 2!!" To which I say "Well, let's see something happen in your hometown that makes 9/11 look like chump change, and see how YOU react!"

And now everyone is complaining about "She still loves Sasuke!?" Well, one could say the same for Naruto. Even though Sakura hesitated, at least she was going to kill Sasuke. Naruto is behaving like he doesn't even want to spar with Sasuke! When she confronted Sasuke again, what did you guys THINK was going to happen!? Just go "You're bad now, DIE!!"? This is most likely the eye-opener for her.

anyone would be hesitated, to kill someone if they never killrd befor.As for her feelins what was left i think they jest got distroyed.

#40 Froot

Froot

She's Certainly a Hurricane

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 01:49 PM

Sakura is a threat to all the other fans ships

Very true.

NH - She gets in the way of Naruto and Hinata's "relationship"

SN - She's the "stupid girl" Naruto likes and romantically a threat to both Sasuke and Naruto. (Sasuke according to those who believe he ever liked her in the first place.)

SS - Even this pairing to a certain degree, especially as of late. They're angered that Sakura has "turned" on Sasuke and that she is "betraying" her love. But if anyone gets in the way of that pairing, it's Sasuke, for having never loved her in the first place and having tried to kill her.

Edited by Froot, 18 February 2010 - 01:50 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users