#121 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 01:20 AM

Spot on.

The way I see it, people who keep saying Naruto is popular will be as many as people who are saying Naruto is no longer as popular as it was.

The first group will base their judgement on opinions, unaccountable Internet polling, number of views in YouTube, etc. While the second group made a comparison against official sales numbers and publicly available market research.

I think the fundamental difference is the first group tend to compare Naruto against other series. So, they'd likely say that the numbers from Naruto is not that bad.

And that's where this group missed the whole point. Naruto series "ended" in such a catastrophic way with a confidence that they will achieve better numbers (in sales, TV ratings, etc). All based on the assumption that NH and SS demographic are the one financing the series. Guess what happened? lol.

And now, even with the introduction of another Hinata, the 3rd episode of boruto anime still didn't manage to break through the top 10 charts.

Again, if you compare against other series, of course people will say it's not that bad. But those who stayed long enough know that Naruto, on its peak, has managed to be in the top 10 regularly, and even top 5 occasionally. That's how this series managed to spin off more than 8 full OVA movies to the teather.

Naruto is a vestigial franchise. When one first look at it initially it still looks impressive or at least compared to other lesser anime franchises, but you really dig deeper you realize how far it has fallen.

The main selling point of Boruto right now is that it is a sequel to a once popular anime. That's what is keeping both TV Tokyo and Shueisha from completely abandoning it. Since both are being convinced at the moment by SP and SJ that Boruto is just in a rough patch but once they get going and hit their stride Boruto will be just as popular as Naruto. If either of them realizes that Boruto will never reach anywhere close to what Naruto once had. Then Boruto is done.

Boruto needs to be an international seller for it to succeed -since that's what those companies want-, but its target demographic are currently watching the series early for free are unlikely to purchase the product when it officially comes to their countries in large numbers.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 24 April 2017 - 04:19 AM.

#122 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts
  • Interests:Writing

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 24 April 2017 - 02:23 PM

Well Ria was able to find more things and one comment in particular peeked her curiosity so she sent it to me: 

Sumire: Is shy, likes Boruto, wears purple.

Fandom: CLEARLY SHE IS TOO MUCH LIKE HINATA. ONLY HINATA CAN LIKE UZUMAKIS AND WEAR PURPLE.

Praying to the Kamis for Sumire not to turn into the classic cliché pretty-shy-love interest and to actually have a character of her own

Now what she found from twitter: 

It looks like BoruSumi have already replaced BoruSara in my heart

BORUSUMI!!

You can ship borusumi if you want just dont force the parallels ( remember how narusaku made a fool of themselves with the parallels lmao )

Break away from twitter for a moment: 

Me:  "One NaruSaku is still a better pairing.. Two it had proper development and chemistry between the two characters.. Three Kishi just doesn't know how to write a good romance... I'm just saying when his side ships  like ObiRin.. MinaKushi.. ShikaTem  have better chemistry than   his canon main ships (NH and SS) were handled in the series 

Anyway back to twitter: 

This is why borusumi will never stand a chance since borusara has already been established in the brouto movie, novel and even the manga

"naruhina fans who ship borusara instead of borusumi are hypocrites since borusumi is more like naruhina and borusara is like sns/ns"

Well that's pretty much it at the moment.. more will probably be on the way by wednesday... 

Man to think that I spent countless restless nights reading the chapters on Wednesday/Thursday night only to arrive at this outcome and realize just how much wrong was shown after the ending and the Last. 

At the very least I'm glad Bleach isn't going through that kinda nonsense especially since the synopsis for Hisagi's novel actually looks far more interesting than any of the Naruto light novels did. and ya know what?? That's canon too!

Hell.. if you guys ever checked out the Tokyo Ghoul Light Novels,  Days,  Void, and Past even they are written so much better.  What it makes it better is that they are stories that actually feel like canon material to the manga,  and the characters still feel like the characters from the manga.. Even with Tokyo Ghoul :re going on (the sequel to the original series).. Incase anyone is wondering the TG Novels are actually canon to the novels too so it just adds more richness to the series.... 

The NARUTO CANON NOVELS JUST FEEL COMPLETELY FORCED!!

@ T XD  wait free Pizza service for a life time??  :jawdrop:   AWESOME!!

Edited by LuckyChi7, 24 April 2017 - 02:24 PM.

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#123 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 02:55 PM

...They really are incredibly predictable.

The thing is that the Bleach novels are to cover the unresolved plots that couldn't be finished in the manga due to the ..."cancellation deadline." Also probably had more thought put into them. Naruto's were quickly shotgunned out after the ending in order to tie the manga to the Last, and the Last to Boruto. Also there are no real plot thread left from the manga that are resolved in those novels, just certain characters need to be somewhere for when they get to Boruto.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 24 April 2017 - 02:58 PM.

#124 gamma

gamma

夢のような ☁

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 03:03 PM

Well Ria was able to find more things and one comment in particular peeked her curiosity so she sent it to me: 

Fandom: CLEARLY SHE IS TOO MUCH LIKE HINATA. ONLY HINATA CAN LIKE UZUMAKIS AND WEAR PURPLE.

Praying to the Kamis for Sumire not to turn into the classic cliché pretty-shy-love interest and to actually have a character of her own

BORUSUMI!!

You can ship borusumi if you want just dont force the parallels ( remember how narusaku made a fool of themselves with the parallels lmao )

Me:  "One NaruSaku is still a better pairing.. Two it had proper development and chemistry between the two characters.. Three Kishi just doesn't know how to write a good romance... I'm just saying when his side ships  like ObiRin.. MinaKushi.. ShikaTem  have better chemistry than   his canon main ships (NH and SS) were handled in the series 

Anyway back to twitter: 

This is why borusumi will never stand a chance since borusara has already been established in the brouto movie, novel and even the manga

"naruhina fans who ship borusara instead of borusumi are hypocrites since borusumi is more like naruhina and borusara is like sns/ns"

If I had a dollar for every hypocritical comment I saw from the NH fandom like the ones above me, I'd be able to run for president.

#125 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 24 April 2017 - 03:10 PM

...They really are incredibly predictable.

The thing is that the Bleach novels are to cover the unresolved plots that couldn't be finished in the manga due to the ..."cancellation deadline." Also probably had more thought put into them. Naruto's were quickly shotgunned out after the ending in order to tie the manga to the Last, and the Last to Boruto. Also there are no real plot thread left from the manga that are resolved in those novels, just certain characters need to be somewhere for when they get to Boruto.

I knew that was the case for the Bleach novels as far the cancellation deadline goes, and yeah that's the point I'm trying to make. The Bleach Novels do feel like there are alot of thought put into them, and as for Naruto it was quickly shotgunned out like you said.  

True.  

#126 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 06:51 PM

BORUSUMI!!

Anyway back to twitter: 

Well that's pretty much it at the moment.. more will probably be on the way by wednesday... 

Man to think that I spent countless restless nights reading the chapters on Wednesday/Thursday night only to arrive at this outcome and realize just how much wrong was shown after the ending and the Last. 

At the very least I'm glad Bleach isn't going through that kinda nonsense especially since the synopsis for Hisagi's novel actually looks far more interesting than any of the Naruto light novels did. and ya know what?? That's canon too!

Hell.. if you guys ever checked out the Tokyo Ghoul Light Novels,  Days,  Void, and Past even they are written so much better.  What it makes it better is that they are stories that actually feel like canon material to the manga,  and the characters still feel like the characters from the manga.. Even with Tokyo Ghoul :re going on (the sequel to the original series).. Incase anyone is wondering the TG Novels are actually canon to the novels too so it just adds more richness to the series.... 

The NARUTO CANON NOVELS JUST FEEL COMPLETELY FORCED!!

@ T XD  wait free Pizza service for a life time??  :jawdrop:   AWESOME!!

Yup. Like I said.

BoruSumi supporters : Hinata fans.

BoruSara supporters : Hypocrites.

:zaru:

Pizza service for a lifetime to last us through all this shenanigan we're watching :P

If I had a dollar for every hypocritical comment I saw from the NH fandom like the ones above me, I'd be able to run for president.

Or getting a Ferrari with a villa in the Scottish mountains :cool:

#127 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 07:07 PM

Yup. Like I said.

Pizza service for a lifetime to last us through all this shenanigan we're watching :P

you know it!!!! :hi5: May I also add NHfans that are salty about Borusumi: ALSO hypocrites!! :kukuku:  :kukuku:  

Edited by Phantom_999, 24 April 2017 - 07:07 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#128 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 07:15 PM

you know it!!!! :hi5: May I also add NHfans that are salty about Borusumi: ALSO hypocrites!! :kukuku:  :kukuku:  

Yup. That's right. This one slipped my mind.

Edited by T XD, 24 April 2017 - 07:16 PM.

#129 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 24 April 2017 - 07:23 PM

Yup. Like I said.

I agre 100%

Nice! let's see just how gruesome this war becomes between BoruSara and BoruSumi... the battle between hypocrites lol 

I like the sound of that.. oh by the way I brought more sodas incase yu need them, specifically Fantaa and Seven Up!  :party:

I'm completely down with that too!

#130 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 07:39 PM

I agre 100%

Nice! let's see just how gruesome this war becomes between BoruSara and BoruSumi... the battle between hypocrites lol 

I like the sound of that.. oh by the way I brought more sodas incase yu need them, specifically Fantaa and Seven Up!  :party:

I'm completely down with that too!

I think Sumire would probably be introduced in the manga chapters very soon since now she's in the anime.

Thanks. Cheers :D

#131 gamma

gamma

夢のような ☁

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 10:17 PM

A Ferrari! Now I sound a little douche-y XD jkkk

Maybe a Buggy. A polka dotted one. I've always wanted a midget car to feel hipster in... And a lifetime supply of donuts... or cupcakes
(*´∇`*) damn

#132 Luna

Luna

aespa

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,550 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 10:29 PM

I've FINALLY seen some clips of Brouto and the movie and Sakura is such a badass UGH. Surprisingly seeing the couples isn't bothering me at all. 

#133 totherpage95

totherpage95

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 906 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 02:03 AM

I've FINALLY seen some clips of Brouto and the movie and Sakura is such a badass UGH. Surprisingly seeing the couples isn't bothering me at all. 

the parenting was what made me hate that movie most like how naruto sends a shadow clone to his daughter's birthday lmao

#134 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 07:58 AM

the parenting was what made me hate that movie most like how naruto sends a shadow clone to his daughter's birthday lmao

Honestly if I was him, I would do my best do to spend as little time as possible with those things.

So even if that's considered bad parenting, which it is, I think it's ok.

If I was him I would go even beyond to avoid them entirely.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#135 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 08:58 AM

A Ferrari! Now I sound a little douche-y XD jkkk

Maybe a Buggy. A polka dotted one. I've always wanted a midget car to feel hipster in... And a lifetime supply of donuts... or cupcakes
(*´∇`*) damn

:lmao: Or Mr. Beans car, a 1976 British Leyland Mini 1000 XD It must be worth a fortune now.

Buy the Dunkin' Donuts industry for non stop donuts !

#136 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 02:52 PM

@james
Yes, it's valid reason.

Because those other series is not as popular as naruto. I mean naruto could continue the anime for 2-3 years after the manga end. that's pretty much a testament of popularity.

@namaesh
Naruto is popular, even in japan. And just because it's not in top ten doesn't mean it's belong to bottom 10.

@luckychi
Parallel is super important in this manga and the reason why they dismiss it because they don't have it. The manga even canonize it with "avatar"-esque fate of the two brothers.

#137 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 03:46 PM

@james
Yes, it's valid reason.

Because those other series is not as popular as naruto. I mean naruto could continue the anime for 2-3 years after the manga end. that's pretty much a testament of popularity.

@namaesh
Naruto is popular, even in japan. And just because it's not in top ten doesn't mean it's belong to bottom 10.

@luckychi
Parallel is super important in this manga and the reason why they dismiss it because they don't have it. The manga even canonize it with "avatar"-esque fate of the two brothers.

We are gonna agree to disagree here.

Because it is not a valid reason anymore. The idea that Naruto is popular is what is keeping it going. Not that it actually is. It's not even in the top 10 most popular anime anymore in Japan.

Nostalgia Critic said it best
"*insert writer* got popular because they wrote what they wanted to see, not what focus groups wanted to see. Have you ever considered the possibility that maybe people don't know what is best for them and by continuing to give them the same crap they'll never know what's different, so they keep asking for the same crap?"

Naruto is not popular because people like it. It is popular because it keeps being shoved in our face along with all the so called "Japanese pop-culture cliches."

Look at the Boruto series in general. A lot of it is just the same crap and the same cliche plot points that the original Naruto series held because that is what they believe the people want. So they keep pushing it over and over again because they believe that eventually people will have no choice, but to watch it.

Imagine if you did a TV show and that TV show is horrible, but that is all you ever show on television. If people eventually watch it because there is nothing else on...is it really popular because people like it or popular because that is all they want to show?

Studio Perriot does more than just Naruto and Boruto. They have several other anime under their belt, BUT all they push is Naruto and Boruto so any other anime they may have done gets pushed under the rug. It is Perriot's most popular anime they make because it is the only one they ever truly push.

https://en.wikipedia...errot_(company)

This is unlike Madhouse who push anime like One Punch Man, Hellsing, and so much more. Everyone they are proud of doing and not putting one over the other. This is why they are a more well known studio.

Heck, Studio Perriot did Bleach which for a little time was actually in the top three and was very popular, but they stopped making that one and continue to focus on Naruto. So why did Bleach stop being made, but Naruto continues? BECAUSE that is all Studio Perriot wants to work on and thus it is the ONLY popular anime they have left in production. All other projects they either stopped doing or they only made a few seasons and then stopped.

When you force people to focus on only one thing from you despite having many under your belt, then of course it si going to be their only cash cow and the most popular. It is a forced popularity that is not real.

We can;t blame fillers either, because Naruto and Boruto have tons of fillers and that never stops them from making it despite many fans saying that the fillers are crap.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 25 April 2017 - 05:49 PM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#138 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 11:30 AM

The fourth episode will be up shortly. God there are a lot of fake clickbait video about Boruto theories. 

#139 Namaenash

Namaenash

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 08:26 AM

@namaesh

...and that's where you missed my point dear.

Naruto was on the top 10 frequently before the manga ends. It was on the top 5 a number of times as well even before. It's clear that SP wanted to get that level of popularity back. Ever wondered why Naruto Shippuden has so much filler from part 1 (before Shippuden)? I guess that was their peak and they want the series to get back to it, or at least increase their KPI. Otherwise they wouldn't want to go with such a drastic change in characters, rushed ending to support NH/SS, etc. The rest is history. Too bad these decisions actually had the contrary effect.

I didn't mention anything about bottom 10 though. Anyways, let's agree to disagree.

I think it went down faster than it took to get it recognized by general public. I recall when I lived there, it took years until it gets public traction and featured in WSJ cover frequently. That's my personal observation though, so, take it with a grain of salt.

http://namaenasuyou.tumblr.com/     ||     https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6308104/

"I'm sorry I didn't believe. But I'd given up believing in so much, until I met you. From the first day I saw you, you were everything I ever wanted to believe in. You can do this, Diana. I know you can...But I have to go."

"What? What are you saying?"

"It's okay, this is what I came here to do. I can save today, but you... you can save the world."

#140 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 04:14 PM

...and that's where you missed my point dear.

Naruto was on the top 10 frequently before the manga ends. It was on the top 5 a number of times as well even before. It's clear that SP wanted to get that level of popularity back. Ever wondered why Naruto Shippuden has so much filler from part 1 (before Shippuden)? I guess that was their peak and they want the series to get back to it, or at least increase their KPI. Otherwise they wouldn't want to go with such a drastic change in characters, rushed ending to support NH/SS, etc. The rest is history. Too bad these decisions actually had the contrary effect.

I didn't mention anything about bottom 10 though. Anyways, let's agree to disagree.

I think it went down faster than it took to get it recognized by general public. I recall when I lived there, it took years until it gets public traction and featured in WSJ cover frequently. That's my personal observation though, so, take it with a grain of salt.

Rocci also said that Japan doesn't take it seriously in another post. I don't really think Rocci understand what she is saying. How can you say that Japan doesn't care, it is not in the top ten, and such, but still say "It is still a very popular series."

It doesn't make sense.

Like I said, Bleach was popular too, but that didn't stop them from cancelling it.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users