• Please log in to reply
3333 replies to this topic

#1381 Kagomaru

Kagomaru

I will be your Light when you're in the Dark

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts
  • Interests:English/Greek literature, psychology, golfing, anime/manga, and video games.

OTPs:
    NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)
    SoKai (Sora x Kairi)
    Kataang (Aang x Katara)
    GoChi (Goku x Chichi)
    NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)
    LuNa (Luffy x Nami)
    IchiRuki (Ichigo x Rukia)
    CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)
    TouKen (Touka x Kaneki)
    EreMika(Eren x Mikasa)
    AruAni (Armin x Annie)
    Gourrina (Gourry x Lina)
    KenKao (Kenshin x Kaoru)
    InuKag (Inuyasha x Kagome)
    Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)
    Sonamy (Sonic x Amy)
    Akizuka (Akira x Shizuka)
    Asaden (Denji x Asa)

Posted 12 December 2017 - 09:06 PM

Naruto not being there for his kids makes sense too. He never had a parent and thus has no idea how to be one.

I deeply regret looking at the comment section WTH was I thinking!!? Please someone plug my eyes out!!! sbAbnKz.gif.

I'm glad I went to elaborate means so that even I was tempted to look into that cesspool of a comment page, I couldn't.  I don't need whatever meager faith I harbored for this fanbase destroyed any further.

Light and Shadow are the only static creations of this universe. 

#1382 FireFox

FireFox

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,356 posts
  • Interests:Music:Trance&Progressive: Armin Van Buren ASOT,Aly&Fila FSOE,Andrew Rayel,Giuseppe Ottaviani
    Movies: The Last Samurai,Lord of the Rings,The Hobbit,Marvel.
    Movie Series: Game of Thrones,Spartacus,The Mentalist,NCIS,The Big Bang Theory,How I Met Your Mother.
    Manga: Naruto,Gintama.
    Parings: NaruSaku,MinaKushi,GinTae,ZuraKyubei

Posted 12 December 2017 - 09:16 PM

That's funny. He can't be there for his kids, but he dedicated his whole life to save Sasuke. Being orphan it's not an excuse when he clearly knew obssession love.

You're totally wrong its not like Naruto ever wondered why doesn't he have parents like all the rest of the kids while sitting in that park on that swing while watching the parents picking up their children and play with then I mean he totally wasn't hurt by that his face says it all  :roll: .

It's all because they don't want to admit that NaruHIna was a bad choice. They don't want to admit that NaruHIna kittened up everything that made Naruto great because they stopped everything to focus on her. That is the god honest truth and they refuse to admit this.

They refuse to admit that Hinata took the focus away from all of it.
They refuse to admit that Neji died to play cupid to NH.
They refuse to admit that NaruHina is just so toxic to the story and this is what caused it's downfall.

They are so up their own arses over how "romantic" NH is and how it fullfills all their fantasies that they don't care about anything else.

To them...NH is the only thing that matters...and changing that is apparently a sin against God herself.. "You must like NH or you will go to hell."

I'm aware of all of that James, you know its kind of funny bc they are like a broken record trying to defend this crap, its like they are trying to brainwash you. They usually just say look everybody is happy and fulfill their dream: Naruto became the hokage brought Sasuke back and achieved peace, Sasuke finally found peace and married Sakura, Sakura married Sasuke the end rinse and repeat.

Seriously I don't know which of these is worse or whether to cry or laugh  :shrug:

I'm glad I went to elaborate means so that even I was tempted to look into that cesspool of a comment page, I couldn't.  I don't need whatever meager faith I harbored for this fanbase destroyed any further.

Trust me don't you ever dare to do it that comment section is CANCER my eyes are still bleeding  :cry:

Posted Image                                                            

" I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#1383 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 10:03 PM

I'm aware of all of that James, you know its kind of funny bc they are like a broken record trying to defend this crap, its like they are trying to brainwash you. They usually just say look everybody is happy and fulfill their dream: Naruto became the hokage brought Sasuke back and achieved peace, Sasuke finally found peace and married Sakura, Sakura married Sasuke the end rinse and repeat.

Seriously I don't know which of these is worse or whether to cry or laugh  :shrug:

Which is funny because Hinata or having a family was never part of Naruto's dream.

Naruto's dream consisted of
1. For everyone to stop disrespecting him and treating him like crap.
2. To get Sakura to notice and like him and even be in love with him
3. To be hokage, but that played with dream 1.
4. Bring Sasuke back to the village.

The first dream he had he did without Hinata ever being involved. The second he sort of got, but never got to be in a relationship with her. The third got much later in life and frankly he only wanted it to fulfill dream 1 which makes it a rather shallow dream. Again, something he did not need HInata for and she never helped with. The last one he STILL never did as Sasuke is always roaming and never came back to the village...and Hinata never helped with that either.

Nowhere was Hinata or having kids with her was ever part of his grand scheme of life...but the NH tried to say that HInata was part of his goals and Sakura never was. Well, in the Gaara Arc he specifically states it that he wants Sakura to like and love him....to notice him for being amazing. No kittens given for Hinata. Naruto ran out of kittens to give to HInata.

I am so sick of these "fans" who play stupid and deny the most obvious of things in favor of "Well, Hinata is the best so...blah blah blah"

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#1384 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 10:24 PM

An afternoon timeslot. Not bad like a late night airing, but the biggest shows usually air Friday/Saturday night or Sunday because people are free from cram school or work. Pokemon though is in the top ten animated shows in terms of ratings though. so it is losing the coattails of one of the most popular anime on TV is a downgrade. It's somewhere in the middle class I'd say.

Sadly, it hard to find data to show how badly Boruto is doing compared to Naruto. Or at least people who know where to find that data. It clear from Both the moving of the time slot as well as the lower quality in animation that Boruto does not have the faith in it to make money like Naruto had. Add to that the quality that is in Black Clover, and you can see where the company is putting it resources. But we still can tell how god or bad Boruto is doing. But the current arc and the fact that they are so quickly heading towards the chunin exams -despite how slow the manga is- raises suspicions. 

The dual outlook is what ruined the story imo. Kishimoto was not a good enough writer to do both successfully.

The story is suppose to be a busy dad too focus on work that he is neglecting his family, and an upset son lashing out. Both realize that both are in the wrong and both sides have a point, and both work it out in order to fix the problem in their own way. Naruto managing his time better so he can spend more time with his family, and Bolt being more understanding to his dad.

The problem is that Boruto is so hysterical & whiny in his hatred of his father (especially in the anime) that even if Naruto did nothing but beat up his wife and children to the point of crippling them; it would still comes off as tame. Simply because that's how much Boruto whines about his dad. Also the fact we are never really given the full detail into why Naruto is neglecting, how long has it been going on, when did it start, and so on. In the movie we see that Naruto is so busy with work that he regularly send clones -when he can even be bothered to send anything- to special events for his kids. By the reaction we get this has been going on for awhile, and Boruto consider the birthday the straw that broke the camels back. However in the anime even if Naruto was the most perfect dad ever existed; Boruto would still whine.

Then you have the quick turn around where Bolt realized he should have been worshiping Naruto all along, and Naruto just starts spending time with his family. So it doesn't have the much of a pay-off when they resolve it.

#1385 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 10:32 PM

Which is funny because Hinata or having a family was never part of Naruto's dream.

The first dream he had he did without Hinata ever being involved. The second he sort of got, but never got to be in a relationship with her. The third got much later in life and frankly he only wanted it to fulfill dream 1 which makes it a rather shallow dream. Again, something he did not need HInata for and she never helped with. The last one he STILL never did as Sasuke is always roaming and never came back to the village...and Hinata never helped with that either.

Nowhere was Hinata or having kids with her was ever part of his grand scheme of life...but the NH tried to say that HInata was part of his goals and Sakura never was. Well, in the Gaara Arc he specifically states it that he wants Sakura to like and love him....to notice him for being amazing. No kittens given for Hinata. Naruto ran out of kittens to give to HInata.

I am so sick of these "fans" who play stupid and deny the most obvious of things in favor of "Well, Hinata is the best so...blah blah blah"

Naruto did told Neji at the chunin exams that he will change the Hyuuga clan. But it has NOTHING to do with marrying Hinata. It was more about changing the structure of the clan (the whole main branch vs second branch feud). He was suppose to change the clan for the better...Which he didn't.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#1386 FireFox

FireFox

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,356 posts
  • Interests:Music:Trance&Progressive: Armin Van Buren ASOT,Aly&Fila FSOE,Andrew Rayel,Giuseppe Ottaviani
    Movie Series: Game of Thrones,Spartacus,The Mentalist,NCIS,The Big Bang Theory,How I Met Your Mother.

Posted 12 December 2017 - 10:36 PM

That's precisely and here lies the problem with all of that, its not just the matter of achieving them its how you do it and how does it look like in the end, and when you put it like that well you pretty much get the picture of everyone's dreams being halfarsed or nonexistent so nothing is really accomplished or resolved, as written it comes of as a blurred image a waste of ink and space it doesn't make any sense it feels hollow. 

Posted Image                                                            

" I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#1387 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 11:15 PM

Naruto did told Neji at the chunin exams that he will change the Hyuuga clan. But it has NOTHING to do with marrying Hinata. It was more about changing the structure of the clan (the whole main branch vs second branch feud). He was suppose to change the clan for the better...Which he didn't.

And it something he even forgot about as soon as Sasuke went awol. Have you heard of Naruto ever talking about the Hyuga stuff after that? No. I don't think it was ever brought up ever again.

If anything, this should have been Neji's dream. It should have been Neji's desire to be the leader of the clan and break that feud. It would have made a whole a lot better sense to have Neji be this driving force to accept the truth.

You could have even let Neji still die, but not before ending the feud. Sort of like how Gaara became Kazekage.

That's precisely and here lies the problem with all of that, its not just the matter of achieving them its how you do it and how does it look like in the end, and when you put it like that well you pretty much get the picture of everyone's dreams being halfarsed or nonexistent so nothing is really accomplished or resolved, as written it comes of as a blurred image a waste of ink and space it doesn't make any sense it feels hollow. 

As one anti-ender put it. Everybody just gave up on their dreams, settled down, and had kids. Miserable and boring.

The "world peace" plot line was so stupid and they achieved it in the most Anti-climatic way.

By as long as NH got canon, who cares about anything else? Or so the pro-enders say.

I am reminded of 5th element of this one:

Edited by James S Cassidy, 12 December 2017 - 11:19 PM.

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#1388 FireFox

FireFox

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,356 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 11:38 PM

As one anti-ender put it. Everybody just gave up on their dreams, settled down, and had kids. Miserable and boring.

The "world peace" plot line was so stupid and they achieved it in the most Anti-climatic way.

By as long as NH got canon, who cares about anything else? Or so the pro-enders say.

I am reminded of 5th element of this one:

World peace achieved!? I thought they were still fighting with DBZ Aliens LOL. Its just so ridiculous I can't even put it into words anymore *ugh* . 

:lol: .  

Posted Image                                                            

#1389 RulesofNature

RulesofNature

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 01:15 AM

Sadly, it hard to find data to show how badly Boruto is doing compared to Naruto. Or at least people who know where to find that data. It clear from Both the moving of the time slot as well as the lower quality in animation that Boruto does not have the faith in it to make money like Naruto had. Add to that the quality that is in Black Clover, and you can see where the company is putting it resources. But we still can tell how god or bad Boruto is doing. But the current arc and the fact that they are so quickly heading towards the chunin exams -despite how slow the manga is- raises suspicions.

And even if you did manage to find show ratings, fans are going to dismiss them. Wanna know how? "TV ratings don't matter, a lot of people stream it." I should know considering my experiences reporting on Gundam IBO. They'll look for any reason to disregard what you say even if you provide sources, sometimes just because they perceive you as a hater. It's just like how Pro-Enders want to disregard the backlash The Last suffered domestically by saying the whole "worst scumbag" thing was only a few salty haters.

Disregarding ratings, there's going to be other measures of the show's success. A big issue is Boruto's ability to appeal to it's target demographic, not to mention merchandise all around. It's not one of those show's where the studio makes it's money from video sales. So if the Boruto merchandise isn't moving, if the books sales drop enough, if people stop buying the games or seeing the movies, if those things happen then they'll pull the plug. If there's enough of a reason, they'll keep the anime around to continue promoting the rest of the franchise.

iSP2FNe.png

Just making your day a little brighter.

#1390 Kagomaru

Kagomaru

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts
  • Interests:English/Greek literature, psychology, golfing, anime/manga, and video games.

OTPs:
    SoKai (Sora x Kairi)
    Kataang (Aang x Katara)
    GoChi (Goku x Chichi)
    NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)
    LuNa (Luffy x Nami)
    CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)
    TouKen (Touka x Kaneki)
    EreMika(Eren x Mikasa)
    AruAni (Armin x Annie)
    Gourrina (Gourry x Lina)
    KenKao (Kenshin x Kaoru)
    Sonamy (Sonic x Amy)
    Asaden (Denji x Asa)

Posted 13 December 2017 - 01:42 AM

Add to the fact that the Editor-in-Chief is already writing off Boruto and looking to Black Clover to become "The Next Naruto".  Heck, the manga is barely two years old (and the anime has only been out for a couple of months), and it's already getting a PS4 VG release.

On the subject of merchandise, there's little demand for Boruto in Japan outside of possibly video games(and Boruto's only appearances in that regard are in expansions of Naruto UNS4, rather than his own solo game).

#1391 RulesofNature

RulesofNature

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 03:06 AM

Add to the fact that the Editor-in-Chief is already writing off Boruto and looking to Black Clover to become "The Next Naruto".  Heck, the manga is barely two years old (and the anime has only been out for a couple of months), and it's already getting a PS4 VG release.

On the subject of merchandise, there's little demand for Boruto in Japan outside of possibly video games(and Boruto's only appearances in that regard are in expansions of Naruto UNS4, rather than his own solo game).

Again, speaking from my experience with the Gundam fandom here. One of the things about IBO was how much it got in it's first season. Not only did it get the coveted weekend timeslot, it also got merchandise based on the characters. We're talking pencil cases, towels, model stands with the characters' faces on them, a line of the characters reimagined as mice, a 1/100 scale no grade model kits in addition to the 1/144 HG line. In the case of the last item, Bandai hadn't made those in over half a decade. Build Fighters and Reconguista didn't get any of the other kinds of merchandise  outside of their HG lines (or the same type of timeslots)... well, except for Fumina since she's a popular waifu. They even got IBO an American dub for Toonami and put it on every streaming service they could.

Anyway, something I had to explain to people was that this was proof that Sunrise/Bandai had more faith in IBO than Build Fighters or Reconguista, and in all likelihood had greater expectations on it to perform. It's easy to see where they think they're going to make their money.

When it came to telling people it wasn't doing well, this stuff was brought up. And what I saw during the second season said a lot. The merchandise with the characters on it? Gone. They stopped making the model stands, in fact they were giving away stands with the sale of HG kits as a promotion. Volume one of the second season had no incentives (s1 was sold at half price with promo codes for a game) and they cut back on the 1/100 model kits. I even remember seeing them announcing a character bust for one of the side characters that was cancelled (among other characters. Figure-Rise busts are now pretty much exclusively idol characters). And all this was on top of the ratings being a complete disaster. It was a case of the show losing support behind the scenes, and I've seen one of the producers complaining about it on social media (and blaming people who gave the show a bad reputation online for scaring people away).

If Boruto is doing that badly, they'll start scaling him back. The fact he gets tagged onto his dad's games is telling enough compared to Black Clover. It's kinda like how after the NaruHina stuff failed to sell after The Last they went back to trying to promote Team 7. And if they can't make their money, they'll close up shop.

Edited by RulesofNature, 13 December 2017 - 03:08 AM.

iSP2FNe.png

#1392 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 03:17 AM

And even if you did manage to find show ratings, fans are going to dismiss them. Wanna know how? "TV ratings don't matter, a lot of people stream it." I should know considering my experiences reporting on Gundam IBO. They'll look for any reason to disregard what you say even if you provide sources, sometimes just because they perceive you as a hater. It's just like how Pro-Enders want to disregard the backlash The Last suffered domestically by saying the whole "worst scumbag" thing was only a few salty haters.

Disregarding ratings, there's going to be other measures of the show's success. A big issue is Boruto's ability to appeal to it's target demographic, not to mention merchandise all around. It's not one of those show's where the studio makes it's money from video sales. So if the Boruto merchandise isn't moving, if the books sales drop enough, if people stop buying the games or seeing the movies, if those things happen then they'll pull the plug. If there's enough of a reason, they'll keep the anime around to continue promoting the rest of the franchise.

Japan takes down video on Youtube often. Which means they are likely not monetizing them. After that do they get ad revenue if people use Ad-Block? Are they a publicly traded company? If they are we could look at their Stocks.

Its target demographic are two group old fans of Naruto and young kids. Problem is old fans have grown tired of how negative the world has become, and their are other shows that fill the same niche Boruto does.

People if they want to play a game would prefer Naruto's Ninja world over Boruto's modern world with a ninja theme in it.

#1393 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 03:32 AM

Again, speaking from my experience with the Gundam fandom here. One of the things about IBO was how much it got in it's first season. Not only did it get the coveted weekend timeslot, it also got merchandise based on the characters. We're talking pencil cases, towels, model stands with the characters' faces on them, a line of the characters reimagined as mice, a 1/100 scale no grade model kits in addition to the 1/144 HG line. In the case of the last item, Bandai hadn't made those in over half a decade. Build Fighters and Reconguista didn't get any of the other kinds of merchandise  outside of their HG lines (or the same type of timeslots)... well, except for Fumina since she's a popular waifu. They even got IBO an American dub for Toonami and put it on every streaming service they could.

Anyway, something I had to explain to people was that this was proof that Sunrise/Bandai had more faith in IBO than Build Fighters or Reconguista, and in all likelihood had greater expectations on it to perform. It's easy to see where they think they're going to make their money.

When it came to telling people it wasn't doing well, this stuff was brought up. And what I saw during the second season said a lot. The merchandise with the characters on it? Gone. They stopped making the model stands, in fact they were giving away stands with the sale of HG kits as a promotion. Volume one of the second season had no incentives (s1 was sold at half price with promo codes for a game) and they cut back on the 1/100 model kits. I even remember seeing them announcing a character bust for one of the side characters that was cancelled (among other characters. Figure-Rise busts are now pretty much exclusively idol characters). And all this was on top of the ratings being a complete disaster. It was a case of the show losing support behind the scenes, and I've seen one of the producers complaining about it on social media (and blaming people who gave the show a bad reputation online for scaring people away).

If Boruto is doing that badly, they'll start scaling him back. The fact he gets tagged onto his dad's games is telling enough compared to Black Clover. It's kinda like how after the NaruHina stuff failed to sell after The Last they went back to trying to promote Team 7. And if they can't make their money, they'll close up shop.

The main reasons they haven't closed up shop for Boruto already is one) pride, they spent years trying to make Hinata the heroine, and two) it is still SP main breadwinner (granted they trying to replace it with Black Clover) so because of those two reason they are going to keep going till either it completely collapse or it shut down.

Honestly I thought Build fighters was better then the other two. I actually could tolerate the main characters somewhat in both seasons (liked the second season group more then the first,) and the idea that people were acting over the top & giving their all was because they were enjoying their hobby.

Recongista (or what ever it was called) I hated the main characters. The boy was bland and the girl never shut up about her dead captain. Also the story kept repeating itself. "Oh look this group of people are becoming warlike, but there is a secret more advance group of people that are in control of them let go talk to them to end the fighting." From the tower to the moon, to a ship to Venus was the latest one when I stopped watching. Also it world wasn't really explored just kept hoping to one place to the next.

Blood orphans. I thought the Commander was kind of a neat idea as was the Gundam both connect to their pilots and no real range weapons. But the main guy and girl were really bland, and the Char they allied with wasn't as interesting as his friend.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 13 December 2017 - 03:42 AM.

#1394 RulesofNature

RulesofNature

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 04:49 AM

Honestly I thought Build fighters was better then the other two. I actually could tolerate the main characters somewhat in both seasons (liked the second season group more then the first,) and the idea that people were acting over the top & giving their all was because they were enjoying their hobby.

Recongista (or what ever it was called) I hated the main characters. The boy was bland and the girl never shut up about her dead captain. Also the story kept repeating itself. "Oh look this group of people are becoming warlike, but there is a secret more advance group of people that are in control of them let go talk to them to end the fighting." From the tower to the moon, to a ship to Venus was the latest one when I stopped watching. Also it world wasn't really explored just kept hoping to one place to the next.

Blood orphans. I thought the Commander was kind of a neat idea as was the Gundam both connect to their pilots and no real range weapons. But the main guy and girl were really bland, and the Char they allied with wasn't as interesting as his friend.

The first Build Fighters is my go-to example of why execution matters. It's a show in the vein of Yugioh or Beyblade, but you can see the effort they put into it. The lack of effort for Try though ended up souring me, moreso the Island Wars OVA. GM's Counterattack was good, and Battlelogue had a few highs but I wasn't digging it. It just felt like it became the thing Build Fighters proved itself not to be during it's initial run.

Reconguista is one of those shows that grew on me despite the negative first impression. I totally get why people don't like it because if something didn't click inside me as I watched it, I would have dropped it myself. It really just reminds me of old school sci-fi, or Martian Successor Nadesico (themes) mixed with Metal Gear Solid 2. I love the show but I generally don't send people in it's direction.

IBO had interesting ideas, but the pacing of the first season just killed it for me. There just wasn't enough story for the first 25 episodes so it kept repeating itself and giving exposition. It's founded on the idea of misleading the audience, but the way the narrative worked felt way too fake to me. It did not feel natural. I do feel though the ending is what it needed to do.

And while I'm here, the first season of Thunderbolt is good but shallower than it's source material. Felt too much like the characters suffered because they wanted to promote the action. This got worse during the second season, much worse. Manga is great though.

I admire of the guy who had to animate Twilight Axis by himself, but my god what were they thinking? It was bad, very bad.

Edited by RulesofNature, 13 December 2017 - 04:53 AM.

iSP2FNe.png

#1395 Yyubie

Yyubie

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 08:41 AM

I remember IGN make video about Boruto and how they praise it , but why now they not include Boruto in that video i wonder .... maybe it's true after all , they get paid to do Boruto stuff when in fact they never like it in the first place.

tumblr_nexjjgShiv1rz4qnxo1_500.gif
An out of control man needs a strong woman to control him.
And even a violent woman will become soft and tender to the man she love.

#1396 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 09:13 AM

I remember IGN make video about Boruto and how they praise it , but why now they not include Boruto in that video i wonder .... maybe it's true after all , they get paid to do Boruto stuff when in fact they never like it in the first place.

They knew they needed to get international fans to come back (when they didn't really show up for the Last and they had to put a lot of effort to get some of them interested in the Boruto movie) in order for Boruto to survive much less become a success. -Since they can't rely on Japanese fanbase because the ending wasn't for the Japanese fanbase and they were willing to abandon their domestic fanbase for the supposedly big money in the international fanbase. Then again looking at those movies sales numbers looks like most of their financially supporting fans were in Japan.- The problem is even if that worked. The international more importantly the American fans are watching it through streaming sites such as youtube that may not be putting any money into their company. So that was a lot of work and money put into what probably amounted to little or no profit. Sites will talk up a story about new series especially if they are being paid for it. Though if the views aren't there as well as the money stops coming from the company; they will stop talking about it, and move on to more popular series. My Hero Academy, and One Punch Man are the anime of today in the States from what I've seen.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 13 December 2017 - 04:47 PM.

#1397 Yyubie

Yyubie

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 05:23 PM

I heard from tumblr that snake kid able to use sage mode to beat shino .... when will this bullcrap stop :confused:.

tumblr_nexjjgShiv1rz4qnxo1_500.gif
An out of control man needs a strong woman to control him.
And even a violent woman will become soft and tender to the man she love.

#1398 Kagomaru

Kagomaru

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts

OTPs:
    SoKai (Sora x Kairi)
    Kataang (Aang x Katara)
    GoChi (Goku x Chichi)
    NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)
    LuNa (Luffy x Nami)
    CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)
    TouKen (Touka x Kaneki)
    EreMika(Eren x Mikasa)
    AruAni (Armin x Annie)
    Gourrina (Gourry x Lina)
    KenKao (Kenshin x Kaoru)
    Sonamy (Sonic x Amy)
    Asaden (Denji x Asa)

Posted 13 December 2017 - 06:26 PM

I heard from tumblr that snake kid able to use sage mode to beat shino .... when will this bullcrap stop :confused:.

When this animated fanfic loses more money.

#1399 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 07:07 PM

World peace achieved!? I thought they were still fighting with DBZ Aliens LOL. Its just so ridiculous I can't even put it into words anymore *ugh* . 

:lol: .  

Well, "peace between nations" I guess is where the line is drawn. Not counting third party offenders.

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#1400 RulesofNature

RulesofNature

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 07:21 PM

The alternative is it's not so much about their opinion, instead it's about the opinion of their readers. If the readers hate the show, what good would praising it be? If Boruto draws a negative reaction from most of it's readers, those readers aren't going to care about articles praising it. It could even cause them to disregard IGN's opinions on anime in general, thinking they have kitten taste.

Though really, there probably is money paid to promote the show. Maybe now IGN feels it's in it's best interest to distance itself from Boruto?

iSP2FNe.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users