Close
Photo

What if Naruto would've accepted Sakura's confession?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
36 replies to this topic

#1 kidNinja

kidNinja

Ruining your life since 1992

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 06:48 PM

Ok, let's have some fun with this one. If Naruto would have said a certain four words in response to Sakura's confession. What do you think would have, could have or should have happened? One thing to think about, is that if Naruto would have accepted her confession at that moment, Karin would have been killed by Sasuke, I could also see things being even more dramatic when Naruto finding out the K-12's plans to kill Sasuke. Let me hear your thoughts.

Not trying to be too inappropriate but... --Click here to view--
Do you guys think Sakura would've gave herself to Naruto in the aftermath when they got back to Konoha?

Edited by kidNinja, 07 June 2012 - 06:51 PM.

NaruSaku...we believe in logic NOT fanfiction

Check out my story, Chain Reaction: Iron Revolution here

#2 pharix

pharix

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 07:01 PM

I don't think Naruto is interested in that type of thing yet tongue.gif

#3 kidNinja

kidNinja

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 07:06 PM

QUOTE (pharix @ Jun 7 2012, 01:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Haha, I'm not sure about Naruto sometimes, but I think when it comes to Sakura, he's down for pretty much whatever.

#4 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 07 June 2012 - 07:14 PM

QUOTE (pharix @ Jun 7 2012, 03:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Uh, you do remember his response to the yuri no jutsu. I think he's quite interested in "that type thing". Remember as well he was quite ready to try to look at Sakura at the hot springs until Yamato scared him into not doing that. Naruto isn't Dragonball, several of the teen characters have shown an overt interest in "that". wink.gif
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#5 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 07:25 PM

QUOTE (kidNinja @ Jun 7 2012, 07:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do you guys think Sakura would've gave herself to Naruto in the aftermath when they got back to Konoha?

She would've been choked with guilt, so no.

--
I think the witnesses would've been disappointed and mad at Sakura for tricking him. "innocent and naive" ya know. And Naruto would've been mad at K12, much more hurt after the shocking truth. (because he would've found out eventually, duh)

ナルサク

#6 KnS

KnS

感じの作家

• ANBU
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Writing

Posted 07 June 2012 - 07:28 PM

QUOTE (kidNinja @ Jun 7 2012, 12:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Haha, I'm not sure about Naruto sometimes, but I think when it comes to Sakura, he's down for pretty much whatever.

I have to agree. He wouldn't have tried to see her naked at the hot springs if he had no interest, it's as simple as that.

The majority of 16/17-year-old young men have interest. They might be reluctant to cross that physical barrier with someone else for a variety of reasons -- fear, morality, shyness, inhibition -- but none of those seem to apply to Naruto in any classic sense, lol.

Naruto is naïve, though, no question. How could he not be? The kid practically raised himself, and probably did not benefit from any "Birds and Bees" guidance growing up -- not until Jiraiya, anyway. I mean, Naruto didn't immediately understand Kurenai was pregnant rather than fat, right? Sheesh.

Naruto's got plenty of interest in Sakura, I'd say, but as usual he just doesn't know exactly how to connect the dots yet. Besides, he's busy saving his world right now.

#7 Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Solo Leveler

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, manhwa, manhua, video games, novels, web novels, 3D comics, drones and RC driving. Writing web novels.

Posted 08 June 2012 - 09:38 PM

QUOTE (KnS @ Jun 7 2012, 09:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have to agree. He wouldn't have tried to see her naked at the hot springs if he had no interest, it's as simple as that.

The majority of 16/17-year-old young men have interest. They might be reluctant to cross that physical barrier with someone else for a variety of reasons -- fear, morality, shyness, inhibition -- but none of those seem to apply to Naruto in any classic sense, lol.

Naruto is naïve, though, no question. How could he not be? The kid practically raised himself, and probably did not benefit from any "Birds and Bees" guidance growing up -- not until Jiraiya, anyway. I mean, Naruto didn't immediately understand Kurenai was pregnant rather than fat, right? Sheesh.

Naruto's got plenty of interest in Sakura, I'd say, but as usual he just doesn't know exactly how to connect the dots yet. Besides, he's busy saving his world right now.

if I recall correctly, that scene wasn't included in the manga. I'm sure the Naru peeping scene was from a filler arc, just like the Sanbi arc when Narutoldvtold Sakura he had to pee and she blushed.

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952upk4zqyleuyocv60f0z

"My name is Sung Ji-woo. Some called me the Assassin of Death. A Necromancer Deity... My journey has been nothing but walking over a mountain of corpses. My legion of the dead reigns supreme. None shall block my way or... face the wrath of my blades!" --Solo Leveling.

#8 Malverstation

Malverstation

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 80 posts
  • Interests:Art<br />Animals-Tigers<br />Fanfictions<br />NaruSaku

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:57 AM

QUOTE (kidNinja @ Jun 7 2012, 07:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok, let's have some fun with this one. If Naruto would have said a certain four words in response to Sakura's confession. What do you think would have, could have or should have happened? One thing to think about, is that if Naruto would have accepted her confession at that moment, Karin would have been killed by Sasuke, I could also see things being even more dramatic when Naruto finding out the K-12's plans to kill Sasuke. Let me hear your thoughts.

I think it would have ruined everything they built up until that point. Sakura is confused with her feelings, conflicted. All she ever known to be love was what she felt for Sasuke. I think until Sakura is 100% sure she is in love with Naruto and not Sasuke can she really give Naruto what he deserves and wishes. Naruto grew up without any intimate interactions so for Naruto to really be blessed, Sakura needs closure with Sasuke and resolve things on her own and choose Naruto without the pressure of Akatsuki and Sasuke. Otherwise, if things had went on after that confession scene in terms of Naruto saying he loved her too, things would have eventually broke apart due to Sakuras lingering feelings for Sasuke and holding back from giving Naruto everything she has. Naruto catches onto peoples true feelings so Sakura wouldn't be able to hide that for long from him, especially since he likes her.

So I guess that answers the other question. xD No. I don't think Sakura would have given herself to Naruto. Of course that is what Naruto would like (teenage boys), Sakura would hold back, make excuses and avoid it probably. Again, Naruto would catch onto Sakuras true feelings. The last thing Naruto wants to be is a Sasuke replacement.

#9 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 10 June 2012 - 10:00 AM

As much as a godsend if Naruto would have accepted Sakura's confession, I think we would have been left with some empty points because basically as Malverstation pointed out Sakura is still unsure of her feelings for Naruto and where she stands on Sasuke. We need a proper one where Naruto and Sakura can talk about it without pressure and some damn war. Kishimoto is holding out on a confession since once we do get an actual confession, it would be worth it.

As far as the second question, I'm not too certain if Sakura would be willing to give herself to Naruto, but you never know... perhaps they could use it as an excuse to get over post war stress and finally start repopulating the Uzumaki Clan with beautiful whiskered children.

Naruto maybe thick headed, but he's looked at Sakura in a sexual way and I wouldn't be surprised if he's done this to fantasies of her:

th_7eyytubokky7rehok1k.gif

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#10 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 06:10 PM

QUOTE (kidNinja @ Jun 7 2012, 10:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If Naruto would have said a certain four words in response to Sakura's confession.

"I like big butts"

How would that solve anything?
My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#11 Dragunov

Dragunov

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts
  • Interests:lol git

Posted 18 June 2012 - 06:25 PM

QUOTE (kidNinja @ Jun 7 2012, 11:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Naruto's kittening crazy. He wouldve taken without asking wink.gif

#12 kidNinja

kidNinja

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 11:18 PM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ Jun 18 2012, 12:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"I like big butts"

How would that solve anything?

If he would have said that, then Yamato would have had to build a whole new inn if you know what I mean. wink.gif

Srsly though, you know what 4 words I'm talking about lol.

Edited by kidNinja, 18 June 2012 - 11:18 PM.

#13 AzureWaters

AzureWaters

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 10:49 PM

I don't think she'd be able to keep the charade up. Likely, if he accepted the confession, it would be all too obvious that it wasn't genuine before they'd get any further.

#14 Guest_Kim_*

Guest_Kim_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 June 2012 - 06:55 AM

QUOTE (Toasty Warrior @ Jun 10 2012, 12:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As much as a godsend if Naruto would have accepted Sakura's confession, I think we would have been left with some empty points because basically as Malverstation pointed out Sakura is still unsure of her feelings for Naruto and where she stands on Sasuke. We need a proper one where Naruto and Sakura can talk about it without pressure and some damn war. Kishimoto is holding out on a confession since once we do get an actual confession, it would be worth it.

As far as the second question, I'm not too certain if Sakura would be willing to give herself to Naruto, but you never know... perhaps they could use it as an excuse to get over post war stress and finally start repopulating the Uzumaki Clan with beautiful whiskered children.

Naruto maybe thick headed, but he's looked at Sakura in a sexual way and I wouldn't be surprised if he's done this to fantasies of her

I agree, it wouldn't have been fair to Naruto or Sakura if they started a relationship right then and there. It was definitely not the right time for anything, with too much loose ends that had to be tied. Besides, if they had gotten together then, there would be no more shipping tension and that wouldn't do. biggrin.gif

Hahah well I'm really not sure what Sakura would do. I would say she would do it, but that could be just my mind poisoned with tons of fanfiction talking. heheelq7.png

Oh I bet he did. heheelq7.png biggrin.gif

#15 Transformers03

Transformers03

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 07:02 AM

I'm about a month late on this, but I want to give my own personal 'essay' of the whole confession thing (I'm actually almost three years late of the whole confession thing).

I understand why Sakura confess to Naruto, even if she was lying (or, more accurately, why I think Kishi thought it was logical for her character to confess). Sakura understood Naruto's pain, liking someone who doesn't seem to like you back. Naruto himself confirmed that he felt the same way after Sasuke left, and he made the Promise of a Lifetime (''I know how you feel, I feel it too.'') During that time, Sakura was heart broken that Sasuke, her teammate and the guy she has a crush on, has abandon them, and beg Naruto to bring him back. However, she didn't know at the time, but Naruto has actually fallen in love with her. But because he loved her, he decided to make the Promise of the Lifetime, to lessen her pain, and give her comfort that he will bring Sasuke home. Naruto, however, failed to bring Sasuke home, thus he failed to keep his promise. But Naruto vows to keep his promise to her, because that's his ninja way. The Promise will actually give Naruto a great burden, because he will feel like the fate of Sasuke rest solely on his shoulder, and the promise was like a common reminder that he failed Sakura, that's why he could never confess his true feelings to her (''How can I, when I can't even keep my promises.'')

Sakura never really knew Naruto loved her, thus she never really figured out that some of the things he's done were for her (like getting beat up). When Sai finally told her years later, she cried. She cried because she has unknowingly caused Naruto great pain, and it was the same pain she has gone through with Sasuke. Liking someone who doesn't seem to like you back. Not only that, the Promise has given Naruto a burden, an other thing she has inadvertently given to Naruto. To make things worse, nearly everyone, including their friends, have all agreed that at that moment Sasuke should die. But instead of figuring out a way to save Sasuke, she agreed with them. She was more upset about the pain she caused Naruto, and has decided she will try to make it up to him. That's why she decided to confess to him.

Sakura could've have just told Naruto the truth, which would have probably been the right thing to do, but that wouldn't really solve anything. Like Sai said, "She knew it will hurt you [Naruto].'' Not only that, it doesn't solve the whole Naruto in love with her thing she just found out. So she decided to give him what wanted, and to end his pain. A pain they both shared. She confessed her love to him. This would have solved everything: 1) It will make Naruto happy, and end his pain of not being loved back by the person he loves. 2) Naruto will no longer have to keep his promise to Sakura, as she doesn't seem to love Sasuke anymore, so there wouldn't be any need for him to try to get him back for her. 3) With Sasuke not a priority to Naruto anymore, everyone else can deal with him. She figured that confessing to him wouldn't work, but she still tried.

When Sakura starts her confession, it catches Naruto (and readers for that matter) off guard. We didn't really think she would have confess to him already, and when she starts off (''I said....I.....love you), she seems to actually mean it. But as she continues on, you know, just like Naruto, that she is hiding something. You can tell she is trying to hard to convince Naruto that she is no longer in love with Sasuke and that she has just suddenly 'woke up' and has realize she is in love with Naruto. It doesn't come off as being true, even though certain things she says does make sense. Like why should she still be in love with Sasuke, as all he's done is break her heart and has become a criminal. Why shouldn't she be in love with Naruto, he is the hero of Konoha and has always been there. Heck, the hug she gives him seemed both legit and desperate. Which is what I think about the confession as a whole; certain emotions maybe there, but everything thing else comes out desperate and rehears.

But to me it doesn't really matter if she was telling truth or not (okay it does matter a little to me, but hear what I'm about to say), cause in the end it was all about Sakura giving Naruto the opportunity to get together. But that's NOT how Naruto wants to win Sakura over, and she knew that (Sai: ''She knew you'll [Naruto] react this way...''). Sakura's confession was brought about through his pain and her guilt, not by love. Naruto didn't want her to confess like that, not in those circumstances, especially if she's hiding something from him. Even if the feelings are there, it wasn't the right time or reason. We may all wanted to happen, but deep down everyone knew that Narusaku can NOT happen like that.

P.S. I'm not really great with quotes, so if I'm REALLY off in some of these, please forgive me.

#16 PachucoDesigns

PachucoDesigns

Chuunin

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 07:21 AM

QUOTE (Transformers03 @ Jul 21 2012, 07:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I understand why Sakura confess to Naruto, even if she was lying (or, more accurately, why I think Kishi thought it was logical for her character to confess). Sakura understood Naruto's pain, liking someone who doesn't seem to like you back.

And I will tell you, when they like you but your don't like them, the worst possible thing you can do and try to spare someone's feelings is lie to them about it. Offering the "let's just be friends" card is a very, very close second.
On the morning of Wednesday, April 11th, 2012, my Aunt Karla passed away. She was my mother's baby sister, and my coolest aunt when I was a kid. She was the best babysitter ever, and she was like an older sister to me.

Karly, I don't know if you can hear this. I am not a believer, I haven't been since Sheryl died. But if you can, I want you to know that I'm truly sorry for everything bad I've ever said about you. When you were suffering, I should have been there to help you. I should have visited. I should have encouraged you to leave the house and get a job, to be active and alive the way you used to be.

I promise that I will do everything that I can to be successful and a good person, to make you proud the way you would have wanted me to. No matter what I said, I loved you. And I will always love you. Rest in Peace, you will never be forgotten.

#17 Transformers03

Transformers03

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 07:41 AM

QUOTE (PachucoDesigns @ Jul 21 2012, 12:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And I will tell you, when they like you but your don't like them, the worst possible thing you can do and try to spare someone's feelings is lie to them about it. Offering the "let's just be friends" card is a very, very close second.

Yeah, but Sakura doesn't know what her feelings for Naruto are (it was said in the third data books). So in reality, we don't know if she was lying about loving Naruto, and I think Kishi deliberately didn't really answer it and left it for fan's interpretation (at least for now). I don't think Kishi would make one of the main characters look that bad, so to me at worst she just confessed to him without really discovering what she really feels for him. In other words, like I said, it wasn't the right time.

#18 PachucoDesigns

PachucoDesigns

Chuunin

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 07:47 AM

QUOTE (Transformers03 @ Jul 21 2012, 07:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, but Sakura doesn't know what her feelings for Naruto are (it was said in the third data books). So in reality, we don't know if she was lying about loving Naruto, and I think Kishi deliberately didn't really answer it and left it for fan's interpretation (at least for now). I don't think Kishi would make one of the main characters look that bad, so to me at worst she just confessed to him without really discovering what she really feels for him. In other words, like I said, it wasn't the right time.

You don't think he would make one of the main characters look that bad? He uh...he showed Sasuke almost murder Sakura. lol

Whatever the case, if she didn't know for sure that she loves him, it was a horrible, horrible move.
On the morning of Wednesday, April 11th, 2012, my Aunt Karla passed away. She was my mother's baby sister, and my coolest aunt when I was a kid. She was the best babysitter ever, and she was like an older sister to me.

Karly, I don't know if you can hear this. I am not a believer, I haven't been since Sheryl died. But if you can, I want you to know that I'm truly sorry for everything bad I've ever said about you. When you were suffering, I should have been there to help you. I should have visited. I should have encouraged you to leave the house and get a job, to be active and alive the way you used to be.

I promise that I will do everything that I can to be successful and a good person, to make you proud the way you would have wanted me to. No matter what I said, I loved you. And I will always love you. Rest in Peace, you will never be forgotten.

#19 xxRomanceGirlxx

xxRomanceGirlxx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Debating, Anime/Manga (Naruto, Inuyasha, DBZ, Hetalia etc.), TV shows, Shipping
    Dislikes: Bashing, Double standards, Hypocrisy, NaruHina, SasuSaku, SasuKarin
    OTPs: NaruSaku (Naruto), Bangel (BtVS), InuKag (Inuyasha), LeafpoolxCrowfeather (Warriors), Percabeth (PJS), Kataang (AtLA)

Posted 21 July 2012 - 07:49 AM

QUOTE (Transformers03 @ Jul 21 2012, 04:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Exactly what I have been saying. Sakura's confession wasn't a lie but it wasn't the truth either. Sakura's mind was way too confused to even know if she was being honest. She just confessed to suddenly to Naruto because she was only thinking of him, even though she was still confused at her own feelings for him. I believe that's why her confession seemed forced at certain moments. So many people are quick to think she was completely lying about loving him, dry.gif but her confessioning even though she was unsure makes her character seem less bad and fits her more.

If someone asked Sakura if she loved Naruto, her most honest answer would be "I don't know".

"I absolutely can't let you die! I can't! I won't let you die ... your stupid dream ... now it's ... it's right in front of us!!"                                                                             ----Sakura Haruno                                                                              

#20 PachucoDesigns

PachucoDesigns

Chuunin

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 07:53 AM

QUOTE (xxRomanceGirlxx @ Jul 21 2012, 07:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Exactly what I have been saying. Sakura's confession wasn't a lie but it wasn't the truth either. Sakura's mind was way too confused to even know if she was being honest. She just confessed to suddenly to Naruto because she was only thinking of him, even though she was still confused at her own feelings for him. I believe that's why her confession seemed forced at certain moments. So many people are quick to think she was completely lying about loving him, dry.gif but her confessioning even though she was unsure makes her character seem less bad and fits her more.

If someone asked Sakura if she loved Naruto, her most honest answer would be "I don't know".

I really just can't buy it. I can't. Maybe if it wasn't preceded by conspiracy to break the news to Naruto because he is in love with her, maybe if it wasn't painted to be a deliberate attempt at manipulation and there wasn't an agenda behind it, I could believe the confusion pitch. But I can't. Whether the confession was an outright lie, or whether she simply wasn't sure yet, she had to have known that what she was saying was not true. Not the way she was saying it. A non-truth and a lie are the same thing. If it wasn't true, it was a lie. Maybe it was a lie with good intentions, maybe the lie doesn't necessarily mean that she doesn't really love him, but in the moment, it was a lie.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users