33 replies to this topic

#1 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 01:13 AM

Well nobody else started a topic, so I thought I'd do it.

Summer lineup

Well the standout anime for me is Working Season 3. I was a big fan of the original two seasons so i'm looking forward to reading the finale.

Charlotte sounds like an interesting premise, I also beleive it's based on a visual novel from the creaters of Little busters and Clanned, if so it should be a good watch if done well.

Obviously looking forward to second part of Durarara season 2, so I can finally start watching the first half as well.

Gakkou Gurashi is another interesting one, I recently read the manga for it, after reading the premise, and have to say it's should be an interesting anime if done well, don't be fooled by the cute art, this series deals with some serious issues, this is a post apocalyptic world.

Beyond that there are a few others that I'll probably give a try, but on the whole not a great season, but at the same time for a summer line-up it's pretty good. as usually the summer line-up is the weakest.

iAnby7W.gif

#2 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 02:08 AM

Gate is interesting.
It seem like, the anime will be based on manga.

#3 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 02:24 AM

Actually it's based on a light novel, according to the poster atleast. And reading the description it does sound similar to the current crop of LN's that have popped up since the popularity of SAO. Hopefully they do something new, and it's not like the other novels where the protagonist ends up in a MMO/RPG type world.

iAnby7W.gif

#4 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 02:30 AM

Seriously...of all the things that can be turned into an anime, they are turning Kangoku Gakuen into one?

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#5 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 02:32 AM

Actually it's based on a light novel, according to the poster atleast. And reading the description it does sound similar to the current crop of LN's that have popped up since the popularity of SAO. Hopefully they do something new, and it's not like the other novels where the protagonist ends up in a MMO/RPG type world.

Yes, gate is based on ln.
But if I'm not mistaken, the manga is more tone down in term of nationalistic approach unlike the ln. That's why I believe the anime will adapt more to manga than ln.

Gate is more like warcraft 3/ rts fantasy with heroes unit meet empire earth. It's not like a one man army that would wipe out an army.

#6 Tokura Misaki

Tokura Misaki

左京さん最推し❤

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 02:38 AM

Looking forward to Akagami no Shirayuki-hime.

#7 luffyq1

luffyq1

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,371 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 02:41 AM

god eater and that's about it.

Untitled_zpsbc671263.png

#8 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 03:22 AM

Seriously...of all the things that can be turned into an anime, they are turning Kangoku Gakuen into one?

Well Prison School seems to be quite popular in Japan, I guess perverted minds and all, I pretty much gave up on the manga even before finishing the first chapter.

Yes, gate is based on ln.
But if I'm not mistaken, the manga is more tone down in term of nationalistic approach unlike the ln. That's why I believe the anime will adapt more to manga than ln.

Gate is more like warcraft 3/ rts fantasy with heroes unit meet empire earth. It's not like a one man army that would wipe out an army.

I see, so the manga has a different tone than the original source. I guess it would make more sense to adapt the lighter version.

Looking forward to Akagami no Shirayuki-hime.

I really wanted to like this manga, because red haired MC but it was a Shoujo and I really couldn't get into it.

god eater and that's about it.

Yeah this sounds interesting...kinda, never got around to playing the game so  it will be interesting to see how it turns out, anime based on games can go in any direction.

iAnby7W.gif

#9 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 30 June 2015 - 04:31 AM

Prison School

Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou

Nothing else other than a couple of the movies stand out

8c5a9c63d23baf4e9d077bf65597592bb55115a2

#10 Anthony

Anthony

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 05:01 AM

no snafu and ao haru, I'm out

#11 Tokura Misaki

Tokura Misaki

左京さん最推し❤

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 05:48 AM

I really wanted to like this manga, because red haired MC but it was a Shoujo and I really couldn't get into it.

Romance doesn't get you, am I right? That's the main connection of shoujo. I like shoujo a lot except:

• when the girl desperately chases the boy she loves even though she was rejected for a millionth time
  • weak female lead

Edited by Tokura Misaki, 30 June 2015 - 01:01 PM.

#12 Decius23

Decius23

Fanfiction Junkie

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 346 posts
  • Interests:Fanfiction, Manga, Anime, Gaming, Books, Freeriding, Science

Posted 30 June 2015 - 05:53 AM

Overlord all the way.

Similar premise to Log Horizon or SOA but darker and far more badass(especially more than SOA)...

What could have been:
gallery_14986_310_31088.jpg

#13 Mixer

Mixer

✨Unicorn✨

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 08:14 AM

Uh!! Gangsta :argh:

And Durarara after catching up with the anime of cause

tumblr_nsqg2qQqZ61utjwzwo1_500.gif

#14 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 08:24 AM

I see, so the manga has a different tone than the original source. I guess it would make more sense to adapt the lighter version.

Eh, it's not that much lighter actually. But the political influence is. Overall, it's quite dark, but it has a (somewhat) realistic approach with the protagonists. Also, it puts on a unique twist unlike SAO. Basically, you have the JSDF and Japan as a whole suddenly finding themselves in a war against a fantasical army from another dimension with 7th century/Ancient Rome equipment. You can guess how well that goes.

But that doesn't make the material boring, though. There's a lot of intrigue involved in it that makes the plot richer than its initial premise.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#15 Maxximumhate

Maxximumhate

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Interests:Tokyo Ghoul, Gintama, Bleach, Noblesse and plenty others

Posted 30 June 2015 - 01:18 PM

Most looking forward to:

Gangsta (Awesome manga so I have the biggest expectations here.)

Ushio to Tora (I'm really excited about this since I love the manga and it's been a long time since I read/watched it originally.)

Overlord

God Eater

Dragon Ball Chou

Durarara

I might check out:

Charlotte

Prison school

R6yd0D.jpg

#16 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts
  • Interests:Mariah Carey, Super Junior, Ailee, Shinee, and Mariah Carey

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

AkittenakaxSen, NaruSaku, SakuraxShaoran, SomaxErina, TouKen, YonaxHak

Posted 30 June 2015 - 02:14 PM

Well, the three animes I'm looking forward to the most are Gangsta, Akagami no Shirayuki-hime, and Godeater.

Also will be watching Overlord, Prison School (yes, it's totally ecchi, but it's supposed to be very funny... I'll see if that is true), Ushio to Tora, and those wannabe RPG/fantasy animes (which I will be most likely dropping b/c Danmachi was boring as hell). I'm also interested in Charlotte, which is being animated by P.A. Works. It's funny with P.A. Works: They did Nagi no Asukara which was received well by the fans, but then comes Glasslip, one of the worst animes of 2014 (literally nothing happened in that anime).

I really, really, really want to watch Working and Duradura, but since I'm busy with catching up on a dozens of episodes alone for Gintama and HunterxHunter, that's right now impossible for me to catch up with previous season for the former animes just to watch the sequels to them :(

I can thank Akatsuki no Yona, which reawakened my love for shoujos. It stars one of the my favorite female leads ever :D

Edited by trang95, 30 June 2015 - 02:17 PM.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

tumblr_nd8f3hq6MN1qawpjto1_r2_500.gif

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."
- Sakata Gintoki, Gintama

#17 Rocket

Rocket

Nohrian scum

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Interests:roses are red, dark clouds are grey.... the rumour come out: does jumin han is gay?

Posted 30 June 2015 - 02:17 PM

Besides Durarara, the only one that looks even remotely interesting to me is Gangsta.

JA2DBzd.png

#18 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:Reading and writing. Anime/Manga.

Posted 30 June 2015 - 04:20 PM

Durarara and Akagami no Shirayuki-hime are the ones I'm most looking forward to. I'm also considering God Eater, Gangsta, and a couple others I might try, depending on what ends up catching my interest.

#19 desaix

desaix

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 05:22 AM

Ushio to Tora might be interesting.  I loved the OAV when I first saw it... fifteen, maybe twenty years ago?  (A bit surprised they're making a TV series of it this long after it ended, but... hm)

You haven't experienced the full cofusion of modern gender relations until you've heard an angry group of women yelling, "We want tentacles!" at an all-night Hentai-fest.

-Tonbo

You can find my original fiction, facebook, twitter, and other ways to contact me on my website, FennecFoxPress.com

#20 Pix

Pix

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts
  • Interests:Boku no Hero Academia is better than Naruto

Posted 01 July 2015 - 08:13 PM

Gangsta!!! Wow it's been years since I stopped reading the manga. It was really underground back in 2010-11, so to even think it's getting an anime is pretty "wow" to me! It's a seinen series, and reminds me of Dogs: Bullet and Carnage a lot. 

Also, new Dragon Ball! And new Attack on Titan movie!

Squad Roll call :

tumblr_ngv9unJacL1qhmbkio1_r1_500.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users