25 replies to this topic

#1 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 07:36 AM

So I've seen this word thrown around a lot. I was on another forum poiting out the problems I had with the ending in a civil and composed fashion. Of course, the imbecilic NH shipper I was talking to was unable to counter the points I raised (and how could he? the plot holes I cited were irrefutable and plain as day when coupled with specific manga citations). Thus, instead of addressing them, they shifted the discussion to calling me "salty" and "butthurt" that my ship didn't come true. :lmao:

I just gotta know though. Why does being an NS shipper automatically make one "salty?" Is it impossible for there to actually be compelling reasons to dislike the ending? If I went to a restaurant expecting a medium well bacon cheese burger only to be served a dog poop sandwich instead, am I just being "salty" for not accepting the dog poop sandwich? Honestly, it's the lamest cop out response I've ever heard.

Edited by ThroughWithLove, 09 December 2014 - 07:43 AM.

Posted Image

Behold! Akame ga Kill's True Canon Pairing!

#2 Miss Soupy

Miss Soupy

Queen of Fluff

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 07:38 AM

Don't you know you should just accept whatever is put in front of you? :zaru:  Opinions don't matter as long as Kishimoto worked hard to write a thing!

#3 Aizen-Sama

Aizen-Sama

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 07:41 AM

Don't let it get to you. The word "salty" is the new favorite trend of the NH/SS fandom against NS--they probably think it sounds cool and hip. It's their way of belittling us so don't let that stupid insult anger you. That's what they want.
Just respond that Kishimoto's a sell-out..you have proof..and they should be thankful their undeveloped OTPs happened by luck.

#4 ns.Believe.It

ns.Believe.It

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,320 posts
  • Interests:Coding, Long walks, Driving.
    Arsenal FC.

Posted 09 December 2014 - 07:45 AM

So I've seen this word thrown around a lot. I was on another forum poiting out the problems I had with the ending in a civil and composed fashion. Of course, the imbecilic NH shipper I was talking to was unable to counter the points I raised (and how could I? the plot holes I cited were irrefutable and plain as day when coupled with specific manga citations). Thus, instead of addressing them, they shifted the discussion to calling me "salty" and "butthurt" that my ship didn't come true. :lmao:

I just gotta know though. Why does being an NS shipper automatically make one "salty?" Is it impossible for there to actually be compelling reasons to dislike the ending? If I went to a restaurant expecting a medium well bacon cheese burger only to be served a dog poop sandwich instead, am I just being "salty" for not accepting the dog poop sandwich? Honestly, it's the lamest cop out response I've ever heard.

You should reply- ' Nah, unlike some people I possess a brain that can think straight :wink: '.

Edited by ns.Believe.It, 09 December 2014 - 07:53 AM.

tumblr_mzzew0nSyr1t3jjq1o1_500.gif

'No matter what I do, I guess Happiness is a feeling that I'll never experience'

#5 Elicit

Elicit

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts
  • Interests:Mainly Video Games (mostly RPGs/Platformers/retro stuff), Music, Anime/Manga, Debating

Posted 09 December 2014 - 07:46 AM

Maybe you should do something like this?

C0ySogs.png

One guy from NF really had enough of this crap. :lmao:

#6 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 07:47 AM

Don't you know you should just accept whatever is put in front of you? :zaru:  Opinions don't matter as long as Kishimoto worked hard to write a thing!

This is what my friend Gil had to say to whatcha said, Soupy;

"You speak as if Kishimoto actually worked hard on that ending. XD"

#7 Atheck

Atheck

Ally of NaruSaku

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,050 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 07:48 AM

It's not just NS that is being victimised. The SasuKarin dynamic was ignored altogether. There was absolutely no resolution at all for either of them. That's why I have a lot of sympathy for the SK and Karin fans out there right now because the woman who faithfully endured throughout all of Sasuke's trials and his madness to be by his side was in all respects erased completely from the story after the panel that depicted her and Taka being caught by the Tsukuyomi was shown. Kishi even lacked the decency to draw her next to her companions when they were revived in 699. 

Edited by Atheck, 09 December 2014 - 07:52 AM.

#8 questdrivencollie

questdrivencollie

trainer of ninja hounds

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts
  • Interests:Art, music, anime & manga, animals, dog training & behavior

"If I stumble, take a tumble
    Go ahead serve me another
    And if I fall I’ll give it my all
    ‘Cause the fall is half the fight "

Posted 09 December 2014 - 07:50 AM

It's amazingly pathetic the lengths this fandom (the Naruto fandom in general) will go to vindicate anyone who has different opinions.
Like I've said before, just as bad as the Sonic fandom...the fandom infamous for it's division and infighting over everything from pairings, to game preferences, to what universe of the franchise one prefers. Not to say it's all bad, just saying that the stuff I experienced while active in the Sonic fandom made me want to constantly bash my head against the wall. The Naruto fandom acts...about the same.
tumblr_inline_nt19in1cWl1sat1vz_540_zpsd
"Don't ever turn me loose
Even when I turn my back"
~Relient K

#9 Tiller

Tiller

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 07:54 AM

Just chalk it up to bad debating skills.

#10 questdrivencollie

questdrivencollie

trainer of ninja hounds

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts
  • Interests:Art, music, anime & manga, animals, dog training & behavior

"If I stumble, take a tumble
    Go ahead serve me another
    And if I fall I’ll give it my all
    ‘Cause the fall is half the fight "

Posted 09 December 2014 - 07:58 AM

Maybe you should do something like this?

C0ySogs.png
One guy from NF really had enough of this crap. :lmao:

Oh wow. I can't help myself...that's funny right there!

Just chalk it up to bad debating skills.

You, sir...take my likes!
It's true. When people have no real counter, they resort to trash talk. That, or they never learned how proper debate is done in the first place. Hint, my peeps: ad hominem (trash talk) is a logical fallacy. (There are other logical fallacies, too. Studying them is recommended.)

Edited by questdrivencollie, 09 December 2014 - 08:01 AM.

tumblr_inline_nt19in1cWl1sat1vz_540_zpsd
"Don't ever turn me loose
Even when I turn my back"
~Relient K

#11 Miss Soupy

Miss Soupy

Queen of Fluff

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 08:32 AM

This is what my friend Gil had to say to whatcha said, Soupy;

"You speak as if Kishimoto actually worked hard on that ending. XD"

Yeah who knows how hard he worked >.< But I have seen people literally say, 'how dare you disagree with what Kishimoto worked hard to deliver'.

I just :facepalm:

#12 Torxe

Torxe

World's greatest critic <boragnarok>

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Games, PC, fora, terraria, Bo-karate, meditation

Posted 09 December 2014 - 08:34 AM

Hint, my peeps: ad hominem (trash talk) is a logical fallacy. (There are other logical fallacies, too. Studying them is recommended.)

There are some really expensive words in there, let me google a bit.

In support of the Sakura we once knew:

Sakura-killing-hinata-naruto-shippuuden-

#13 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 02:58 PM

It's the other way around. For NH to happen, everything else Kishi had written for 15 years had to be destroyed. Red herrings srsly? He built up such good bonds and characters, and the story wasn't perfect ~ but everything crambles when the surprise balloon NH came out.

If the movie had contained more than NH, it'd be something worth my time. Because if NS doesn't happen, I at least want Team 7, the aftermath of the war, Sasuke and Sakura screentime cuz they're main characters OR SOMETHING. But since this is nothing more than a NarutoxHinata lovefest with a random villain, how can they except anyone else than themselves to be satisfied?

ナルサク

#14 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,038 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 09 December 2014 - 07:12 PM

We're salty? I remember before the ending they said that they will sue Kishi if NaruHina doesn't happen. Their Hypocrisy astounds me.

509356167_759751.gif?4

#15 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my husband and sons of course. Playing video games, drawing, writing fanfics, reading, watching crime shows, and paranormal shows.

Posted 09 December 2014 - 07:21 PM

So I've seen this word thrown around a lot. I was on another forum poiting out the problems I had with the ending in a civil and composed fashion. Of course, the imbecilic NH shipper I was talking to was unable to counter the points I raised (and how could he? the plot holes I cited were irrefutable and plain as day when coupled with specific manga citations). Thus, instead of addressing them, they shifted the discussion to calling me "salty" and "butthurt" that my ship didn't come true. :lmao:

Here's the thing, I'm convinced that most NH fans care very little for what the rest of the fandom thinks. Their only focus is defending their perfect ship from anyone who doesn't agree with their Holy Grail that is Chapter 698,700 and The Last. Here is how their reason goes...Anyone that dislikes the ending and the movie are dubbed Salty NS shippers. It doesn't matter where these people are coming from, it doesn't matter who they ship, or if they ship anyone at all, all that matters to NH fans is that these Salty NS shipper are frowning upon their flawless ending and sugar filled fluffy movie.

I've seen most NH fans fail to understand the term of one removing their shipping goggles, because when you do that you can see the kitten storm that is the last two months in the Naruto Fandom. If you tell them to do that they will still cling to NH and how it works, or they will call you butthurt, salty, or dare I say both. This can get so annoying, but it also shows how they have nothing else to use to their defense. This is why they always do these two things. They try and bring up how NH was beyond apparent throughout the entire manga and that it was so obvious that it was going to happen. Here is an example of a conversation I was having with an NH fan on YouTube. We were discussing the importance of bonds and heres what they say about NH's bond.

"Naruto and hinata may have not been on the same team but they have also gone through a lot together  in fact if it wasn't for her Naruto wouldn't be who he is today. It was her that gave him the confidence he needed to face and defeat neji which earned him one of his first moments of recognition from the village, it wasn't for her Naruto would have probably never had used the nine-tails chakra again because he was going against ever using again after his fight with orochimaru and because he did he was able to escape pain's clutches and defeat him and become the hero of the leaf. and if it wasn't for her he would have fallen into the depths of despair just like Obito wanted and he wouldn't have become the hero that saved the ninja world."

I was seconds away from replying and Sakura kept him from death soooo all of that would have gone out the window, but I was keeping things civil since they were being civil with me and I didn't want them to have a fit, but this is my example on how no matter what angle you are coming from they will always cling to their ship and bare their teeth and claws at anyone who thinks differently. Now this person wasn't rude but they couldn't take off dem shipping goggles. They kept defending the plot of The Last when I kept pointing out that a pairing movie for the "The very Last movie" is fine, but only if its done right, and The Last is far from that since Japanese Naruto fans arent having it. His response was that all negative reviews for the movie are coming from Salty NS shippers.....really? So that 12 year old boy who loves Sasuke and Kakashi is a Salty NS shipper because he doesn't want to watch a sappy fan service movie about Naruto? This was the point I, and all of us, have been trying to prove, but it always goes in one ear and out the other.

Now you can be unlucky and come face to face with a name calling NH shipper, and to me those are the worst because most of the time they are just fanboys/fangirls for the pairing, not the story. They don't care how their ship happened, they don't care about Retcon moments, they don't care about any other characters, nor do they care for the characters that make up their ship. All they care about is that they won, because to them the shipping was the only thing important during Naruto's 15 year run. The story can suffer, it can be rewritten, and characters like Sakura can be insulted in advertisement, and Sasuke, Naruto's best friend can be totally ignored in this movie, but they won't even acknowledge the slaughter that is going on right in front of them. They pride themselves in their win, but the flaws in their ship are there, but they won't admit that fact. This is why most NH fans revert to name calling when they got nothing else as ammo, they do this because of insecurities they have in their CANON ship. So the next time someone calls you salty considerate a win because everything I just stated proves that they have no real respect for Naruto.

It's the other way around. For NH to happen, everything else Kishi had written for 15 years had to be destroyed. Red herrings srsly? He built up such good bonds and characters, and the story wasn't perfect ~ but everything crambles when the surprise balloon NH came out.

If the movie had contained more than NH, it'd be something worth my time. Because if NS doesn't happen, I at least want Team 7, the aftermath of the war, Sasuke and Sakura screentime cuz they're main characters OR SOMETHING. But since this is nothing more than a NarutoxHinata lovefest with a random villain, how can they except anyone else than themselves to be satisfied?

So much yes, why was this so hard?? I don't like NH yes, but if this movie wasn't just about them I might have seen it, just so that I could see everyone else. However the rest of the rookies are just added there just for the, "Oh look everyone is here" shock value. The Last would have been bearable if Hinata was head of her clan and her home was attacked and Hanabi was taken. Team 7 gets to rescue her with the rest of the rookies, and Hinata fights, she isn't a damsel in distress at all, she is never captured or seen as a baby making prize. Then Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura save the day again, and at the end it's open ended, no magical floating in front of the full movie kiss. People don't fall in love instantly in real life and even though Naruto and Hinata are alone for sometime in the movie its actual minutes to the audience, so it comes off as rushed, and fake. Then the credits could show them dating, getting married, and then having kids. Doing things with the entire fandom in mind would have had much better results. I saw someone say this to another NS shipper on Facebook.

"Why would you want to see the focus of this new movie on team 7 again? They had their time, why would you want a movie based on them? 15 years was enough for me."

I didn't reply but if I would have I would have said that the reason for wanting a Team 7 movie would be because that is what Naruto was and always will be. We all fell in love with Team 7 and while we got to see them fight in the end there was still unresolved drama between them. Having them play a major role in a movie, with no drama and tension between them would have been the best ending ever. Personally I could really care less about the last two chapters if the movie went this route.

Edited by Konohakitten, 09 December 2014 - 07:25 PM.

tumblr_ooscnzcUtt1uz1wpso1_500.gif

#16 Moon_Girl

Moon_Girl

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • Interests:OTPs:
    NaruSaku - Naruto x Sakura (Naruto Series)
    Het Chrobin - Chrom x Robin♀ (Fire Emblem Awakening)
    Clerith - Cloud x Aerith (Final Fantasy VII Series)
    Demelith - Demetri x Byleth♀ (Fire Emblem Three Houses/Hopes)
    Phantom/Erik x Christine (Phantom of the Opera)
    Jintan x Menma (AnoHana)
    ZeLink - Link x Zelda (Legend of Zelda Series)

Posted 10 December 2014 - 02:28 AM

In my eyes, people who use the word salty are pretty much saying, "#yolo#swag#420blazeit#imsohipyo"

If you use it, you sound immature and just plain moronic in my eyes.

NaruSaku will always be better than crack and fan fiction

#17 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 01:57 AM

I'm just lol'n at all the crazy deranged conspiracy theories people are trying to come up to explain the low ratings, 20% opening weekend drop in expected ticket sales and Naruto's VA declining to voice Naruto's son, despite begging to do so two years ago.

I think that from now on, when I see someone calling me salty, I'm going to flip it on them and accuse them of being salty and butthurt for getting a poorly developed and a badly written plot-hole driven retcon-infested movie and so calling other people salty is their way of taking their rage and frustration out on others for having to praise what everyone else knows is dogsh-t! :lmao:

Edited by ThroughWithLove, 11 December 2014 - 02:00 AM.

Posted Image

Behold! Akame ga Kill's True Canon Pairing!

#18 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 02:45 AM

Personally, I'm salty that Neji died. Pretty much what killed my interest in the series in the first place. Though I admit I'm saltier now that the manga ended...and I know he only died to turn his irrelevant cousin into a viable love interest.

As for the word itself...I don't know, it's better than "butt-hurt" IMO, given the alternate meanings. Though there's much worse internet slang out there. 

But in this context...fans that cling to the ending because of their pairing and don't bother to analyze the obvious issues behind it really don't deserve your time. They're just sheep really.

tumblr_ndajpwG2zQ1qitrvro1_500.gif

#19 Muffins?

Muffins?

Bearded Priest of Norvos

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 10:06 AM

idk I'm pretty salty tho

JLHza2T.png

#20 Aizen-Sama

Aizen-Sama

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 10:14 AM

Bashing Hinata is what really p*sses off the NH/SS fans and unfortunately the NaruSaku fandom is infamous for that.
However the NH fandom is also infamous for bashing Sakura so it's a sort of lose-lose situation where no one wants to admit who bashed who's favorite character first.
NH/SS fans shouldn't be surprised that most NS fans bash Sasuke though; it's not just NaruSaku fans who dislike Sasuke and there's actually pretty good reasons to dislike him. It's when sweet innocent Hinata gets hated on for a pairing that makes us look bad.
Thus everyone's referring to us as "salty". They don't hate Sakura anymore since she's NH matchmaker and we're left with an author who betrayed us and characters that got sh*tted on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users