• This topic is locked This topic is locked
31 replies to this topic

#1 Vyse

Vyse

Team F.U.T.A. Viking King

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:My interests? Well, I do enjoy most manga and anime, but I think that's a given. I also enjoy comic books and videogames, so I guess I'm kinda geeky there. But hey, I do other stuff. I like to go out and party, but I do not like drinks served in a femvase (damn fruity stuff... ew), so good ol' beer is my mate. So yeah, I'm also a psychology student, so your mind interests me.

Posted 18 September 2008 - 04:57 PM

You all know how gamers the world over are more or less ruled by some massively multiplayer online RPG (MMORPG) at one point or another, be it free-to-play games like Maple Story, or games with a monthly fee like World of Warcraft or EverQuest.

Now, the best part of these games would probably be that the average person would be able to live a fantasy online (in a non-sexual way... if you need that, I suggest IRC). Of course, after years of hearing people brag about their level 70 dark elves, some of us won't be very impressed anymore, so why not do something new? Instead of running around in a forest finding 50 sticks to complete a quest, why don't you run around in a modern city beating up superpowered villains or heroes instead? Been done already you say? City of Heroes/Villains? Yes, you're right... but would you pass up the chance to be able to become a member of the Justice League? Fight alongside Superman and Batman, burning Lex Luthor's bald head with your laser-vision or maybe join the Joker in his never ending vendetta against the dark knight?

Well ladies and gentlemen, I give you

Developed by Sony Online Entertainment, the same bunch who owned your lives with EverQuest 1 and 2, and maybe also Star Wars Galaxies rings a bell? All fairly well recieved MMORPG's, and now they're making any DC-fanboy or fangirl's wet dream come true (or as true as we can get... with our computers and stuff...).

This game is supposed to take the feeling of heroism you got from City of Heroes and make it look silly. This is the game where the villains of City of Villains will look like toddlers. Some of the most beloved heroes and villains in comicbook history will be yours to meet and interact with, in a game world where you create your own hero or villain and work to make yourself respected by the big boys and girls. Visit the Batcave to meet with the Batman himself, or fly through Metropolis with Superman. Fight villains, or join them... it's up to you really. The point is, this game will make or break the dreams of one of the planet's biggest fanbases and it's a game that will go up against World of Warcraft to see which one is better. WoW with years of perfecting the game, or a fresh breath of air for every superhero fan over the globe.

As a fan, wouldn't you want to play alongside these people?

Confirmed Characters --Click here to view--

Don't take my word for it when you can see for yourselves:

-Articles (IGN)
-Screenshots (IGN)
-Videos (IGN)

So, would you pay the monthly fee to be able to wear your underpants on the outside of your spandex suit? It may be about a year away, but I'm already excited about this game, and I hope at least some of you may join me in the hope of this game turning into something great. Maybe we'll create our own Justice League to pwn the evil NaruHina'ers out there? We have alot of time to decide!

So what do you guys think? Worth your attention?

#2 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 18 September 2008 - 05:42 PM

I guess that means Ill be working for the joker

Seen this at Sony's E3 event. Looks fun, and ill give it a try. Like you said, im very disinterested with WoW type MMORPGS. Of course people are just going to brag about their chars too. Thing I really don't like about MMORPGS is its all about who has more time on their hands. I can't stand playing any video game for too long. I mean, I lvoe playing games and always will, but I always take a break to watch tv, go outside, etc.

Edited by Mik3, 18 September 2008 - 05:48 PM.

\

#3 Vyse

Vyse

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:My interests? Well, I do enjoy most manga and anime, but I think that's a given. I also enjoy comic books and videogames, so I guess I'm kinda geeky there. But hey, I do other stuff. I like to go out and party, but I do not like drinks served in a femvase (damn fruity stuff... ew), so good ol' beer is my mate. So yeah, I'm also a psychology student, so your mind interests me.

Posted 18 September 2008 - 06:20 PM

That's why I love being in casual guilds. I can't be for five hours after midnight because that's when the majority of the hardcore gamers play, since my timezone is different. If you make a casual guild, you can do quests when you want to right? I've only played Guild Wars online, mostly because I never wanted to pay alot of money to play a game when I've already payed for the game itself, so I hope you'll be able to enjoy DCUO as a casual gamer instead of a hardcore MMORPG-fantast who has become one with his chair.

#4 Illjwamh

Illjwamh

Cooler Than You

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 06:31 PM

Looks like an interesting idea. I'm trying to decide if it's cooler or not as cool as if you got to play as those characters. (Obviously there aren't enough characters to go around, even if you can double up on some - I thought Power Girl and Supergirl were the same person).

#5 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 18 September 2008 - 09:23 PM

Saw this on E3 and PSN, sounds promising but I dunno if I'd buy it. I don't think my parents would look too kindly to paying a monthly fee or something.

#6 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 10:50 PM

I want.

Maybe after I get a job, I can waste half my life on this. :teehee:

#7 Illmatic

Illmatic

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 10:55 PM

i remember seeing this during Sonys E3 presentation, the chance to work with batman or joker is too damn good to pass up, i'll get it for PS3 for sure happy.gif

#8 SirDragon13

SirDragon13

Science

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 988 posts
  • Interests:This needed serious updates.

Snowboarding
    Traveling
    Skateboarding
    Anything science
    Food. Love me some tacos.

Posted 19 September 2008 - 08:27 PM

This game looks pretty good, well from what I've heard about it. I guess you get to choose if your a villian or hero.

I'm kinda confused by it though. I mean are missions goign to be preset or made up as people commit different crimes?
Hopefully, its hardcore interactive, and customizable.
One Side:
And the Other

#9 Vyse

Vyse

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 10:48 PM

*Vyse used one Max Revive*

I have news to post guys, so I'll bring this thread back from the abyss of page 2 (or was it 3?).

Actually, I've just read two articles aboout/previews of the game's pre-alpha versions, which you'll find here:

Newsarama
Destructoid

I can honestly say that I'm excited about this game. I never really got into WoW, and only played for about half of the free month. It just wasn't my kind of game you know, but I believe this will. As a fanboy of these heroes, the idea of making your own villain of hero in the DC Universe is very appealing to me, and when the game looks like it can actually be kinda good... well, I just can't help but hope. This game needs really bad critique to turn me off, so I'll probably end up buying it and trying it for the free month I'm sure they'll include, and I'll decide if it's as good as the idea. For a build that's not even at its alpha stage yet, I think it looks awesome, so I'll be watching out for more updates on this one (and keep you updated as well, wether you want to or not... which is completely irrelevant to my fanboy ways).

Early screens

The H&E League TBA?

#10 Vyse

Vyse

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 11:41 AM

I guess I kind of forgot to update this thread, but I'm still hyped about this game. It might be the first MMO I'll ever pay to play, so it better be as agood as it looks to be. Now with Disney owning Marvel and all, I'm sure they'll spam some pretty weird games, so I'll get my hero-fix from DC until I see something really good.

GameSpot works for the baddies! :l
E3 Demo

They're probably updating more on their Myspace page (myspace.com/DCUO), but I can't seem to get access. My pc is Anti-Myspace wub.gif Gotta love that in my comp

#11 Vyse

Vyse

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 01:22 PM

New trailer is out, and I have to say... this might be the game that makes me buy a PS3. If I go by the trailer alone, it looks unbelievably awesome. I can't wait to see it closer to completion.

OMFG

#12 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 02:38 PM

QUOTE (Vyse @ Jul 25 2010, 09:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
New trailer is out, and I have to say... this might be the game that makes me buy a PS3. If I go by the trailer alone, it looks unbelievably awesome. I can't wait to see it closer to completion.

OMFG

I KNOW RIGHT?

Superman fighting Black Adam.. and OMFG.

Complete assworthy move by the guy who gets Bats. =/

#13 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 04:39 PM

How many available characters will there be and do have the option to choose your character?

#14 Vyse

Vyse

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 09:56 PM

QUOTE (Uzumakikage @ Jul 25 2010, 06:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How many available characters will there be and do have the option to choose your character?

It's a MMORPG, so you'll be your very own superhero, fighting for (and with) the Justice League. I assume you can join the bad guys as well, and it just looks friggin' sweet. You can check out info on Wiki or The official homepage.

Also, this is pretty cool:

Adam Baldwin as Superman (Reprising his role from Superman: Doomsday)
Kevin Conroy as Batman (Reprising his role from the DC animated universe and various other DC projects)
Gina Torres as Wonder Woman (Previously playing her evil counterpart, Superwoman in the movie Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths)
Mark Hamill as Joker (Reprising his role from the DC animated universe and various other DC projects)
James Marsters as Lex Luthor and Brainiac (Reprising his Brainiac role from Smallville and Reprising his Lex Luthor role from Superman: Doomsday)
Michelle Forbes as Circe

I love Mark Hamill's Joker. No one can be the animated Joker better than Luke Skywalker!

#15 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 10:05 PM

QUOTE (Vyse @ Jul 25 2010, 04:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's a MMORPG, so you'll be your very own superhero, fighting for (and with) the Justice League. I assume you can join the bad guys as well, and it just looks friggin' sweet. You can check out info on Wiki or The official homepage.

Also, this is pretty cool:

I love Mark Hamill's Joker. No one can be the animated Joker better than Luke Skywalker!

Awesome! smile.gif Yeah I remember when i first heard Mark was the joker, i was like "WTF". biggrin.gif

#16 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 11:12 PM

Adam Baldwin does a pretty good Supes voice.

Kevin Conroy is just awesome as Bats.

As for Gina Torres? We'll see. I liked her in Firefly, but lets see how she does the Amazonian voice.

#17 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 26 July 2010 - 01:54 AM

Gina Torres also voiced Wonder Woman in the DC Animated movie Crisis on Two Earths. You should check it out to gauge her performance....

And I posted this link. on the gaming thread, it's beta registration for PC or PS3 for DCUO

Minor issue, but did Superman call out "Batman!" or "Madman!" in that trailer?

Edited by shadow_Uzumaki, 26 July 2010 - 02:05 AM.

#18 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 02:15 AM

I think he was calling for Batman.

#19 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 02:40 AM

Okay, I'm signed up and the epic cinematic trailer on the site made me more convinced. PS3 FTW! wow.png

Edited by Uzumakikage, 26 July 2010 - 03:05 AM.

#20 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Writing, reading, Warhammer, WoW, Naruto, Anime in general. Movies, HK KungFu Movies, D&amp;D, video games (SFIV!!!) and various other things.

Posted 26 July 2010 - 01:50 PM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Jul 25 2010, 09:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Minor issue, but did Superman call out "Batman!" or "Madman!" in that trailer?

I signed up for the beta also because Wth right? lol

Also I want to comment I think he said, "Mad man!" The context of everything going on, and Lex right in his face doesn't make sense for him just to call out Batman out of the blue.

batman-arkham-city-wallpaper-wallpaper-0xl_batman_arkham_origins_logo.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users