ohboy.png ohboy.png ohboy.png ohboy.png ohboy.png ohboy.png

#42 Tsubaki

Tsubaki

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 01:44 PM

The reason I said that all my worries were gone was because I was afraid that Kishi could have given some romantic connotations to this cover if he wanted, I even thought he had made Naruto hold Hinata's hand in a different way, but he didn't, There is nothing in this cover we've not seen . This cover literally summarizes what happened in this volume and like it or not, the NH hold hads was the highlight of this volume.

The point is that we also know what happened in chapter 616, The way Kishi downplayed that moment was almost laughable, that means NH willn't happen because of 616? Of course not, the possibility is still in the air, but this was a big step down for them.

It's true that NS has never gained a cover like that, but neither NH till now. How knows?! maybe NS will gained a better cover in the future, the manga isn't over yet and it's good to remember that this is probably the last chance that Hinata will have to appear on a cover so ...

this cover can represent two things:
- Kishi decided to develop NH and this cover symbolizes it.
- This is the final development to Hinata / Neji / Hyuugas and this cover symbolizes it.

choose what you think makes more sense.

I'm not denying that NH can happen, but I decided to wait and see how things will be from now on ..

Sig by karudoll

#43 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:24 PM

QUOTE (tricksie @ Apr 1 2013, 07:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah...but as long as the focus stays on the cover (not fandom bashing from either side) then it's okay to stay open.

Definitely a somber mood. They may be connected, but I would never say it was romantic.

Also, I wouldn't call it holding hands, because that is a mutual action. Naruto is grasping the back of Hinata's hand, clutching her fingers. Hinata is not holding his hand back. Her hand is simply being held.

But yeah, like Naemanash and Lord287, it definitely reaffirms that this is the volume where Kishi ratchets up the shipping tension. This is where the possibility of NH becomes canon. When there really was no solid proof before.

And if it leaves NS-shippers with an unsettling feeling...it's because it's meant to. It's meant to give hope to one set of fans and doubt to another.

Interesting, Naruto hasn't been shown equal with someone else on the cover of a volume before has he? (probably has, now that I've written it.) He usually has others floating around him, either allied with him but not connected, or against adversaries. And often the image isn't actually rooted in the volume, just the characters. But here he is in a scene setting, interacting with Hinata specifically, on an equal footing. I can't remember one like this before.

Also, does Hinata officially have purple hair? I've always thought it was black with some purple highlights. But here I'm assuming Kishimoto either colored this or approved it — and Hinata's hair is downright purple.

All that being said, I'm not crazy about the cover, but I'm not freaked out either. If anything, there should be no doubt that Kishimoto has introduced pairing tension for the last arcs of the story. And this cover represents that intention more than even the content of those chapters. This is the volume where Kishimoto shifted gears and upped the shipping tension. Even with Neji, shown with back turned and in the background, his sacrifice takes a background role to the interpersonal drama of Naruto/Hinata. The cover could have easily been about Neji and Naruto and bonds and sacrifice, but it wasn't.... And that says a lot. It's about the pairing, baby! laugh.gif

And that, to me, is a sign of being a terrible writer who only cares about ratings rather than do things he really wants to. While I can understand the reasoning, that doesn't make my opinion of Kishi any better.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#44 Don-kun

Don-kun

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Interests:Music, Electronics, Driving car, Traveling and NaruSaku.

Posted 01 April 2013 - 03:45 PM

QUOTE (Tsubaki @ Apr 1 2013, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The reason I said that all my worries were gone was because I was afraid that Kishi could have given some romantic connotations to this cover if he wanted, I even thought he had made Naruto hold Hinata's hand in a different way, but he didn't, There is nothing in this cover we've not seen . This cover literally summarizes what happened in this volume and like it or not, the NH hold hads was the highlight of this volume.

The point is that we also know what happened in chapter 616, The way Kishi downplayed that moment was almost laughable, that means NH willn't happen because of 616? Of course not, the possibility is still in the air, but this was a big step down for them.

It's true that NS has never gained a cover like that, but neither NH till now. How knows?! maybe NS will gained a better cover in the future, the manga isn't over yet and it's good to remember that this is probably the last chance that Hinata will have to appear on a cover so ...

- This is the final development to Hinata / Neji / Hyuugas and this cover symbolizes it.

I'm not denying that NH can happen, but I decided to wait and see how things will be from now on ..

This is definitely something I can agree with, the moment is deep there is no denying it, this also symbolize Naruto acknowledgement of Hinata while it also shows that he is there to support her in her darkest moment.
Sadly the Manga didn't convey Naruto has that support role it was more about Hinata being there for Naruto and encouraging him to never give up, meanwhile her moment of hurt didn't lost long enough because it immediately took a back site the moment Naruto held her hand.

About the choosing part I choose both, Kishi could choose to develop their relationship farther for a pairing future or this could be the closing moment for the Hyugas, since her father already acknowledge how strong she became, the brach family the main branch no longer has any conflict, Hinata got her long awaited acknowledgement from Naruto something that was well deserved and Neji gave his life for Hinata something he promise he would do in the past.

Edited by Don-kun, 01 April 2013 - 04:48 PM.

#45 AnimeGirl_123

AnimeGirl_123

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:39 PM

Are you guys KIDDING ME?

Please lets take off shipping glasses just for a second and look at the cover! Naruto and Hinata are facing away from the alliance. I think that's WORSE. It symbolizes them in their own world almost. And they aren't surrounded by chakra like everyone else so that supports it even more. The chakra transfer argument alone was weak but this really hurts it. Kishimoto separated Naruto and Hinata from everyone else and has their holding hands with Naruto really gripping her on over the spiral.

I'm not sure where exactly they are looking but at first glance I said each other because their eyes meet in the same direction. Naruto looks determined, not uncomfortable. If he was uncomfortable then he would not have held Hinata's hand in the first place. Maybe my reaction is due to being a past Naruhina fan but making up excuses such as it's only friendship and doesn't mean anything is stupid. I don't hold hands with my male friends like that. I would hug them. I hold hands with my boyfriend.

Sorry for the rant but some of these posts really make me feel embarrassed to be a Narusaku fan. This isn't freaking out, this is not being in denial. I had a bad feeling ever since Sakura threw that fake confession to Naruto that the author would then show more Hinata. They don't have to be blushing or smiling for it to be considered romantic cause the gesture itself is.

Hate me, say what you want. I will continue to love Narusaku even if it doesn't happen. All I'm saying is not to make excuses! This is a Naruhina moment and that's what it boils down to. If it was Sakura holding Naruto's hand would we not agree Narusaku was canon? Of course we would. This moment doesn't mean Naruhina will definitely happen but denying it has a chance and there's nothing to worry about is silly, at least to me. Never before this did we have any sort of Naruto--->>Hinata. We're getting more of it now.

Good day :/ sorry again.

Edited by AnimeGirl_123, 01 April 2013 - 04:41 PM.

NARUTO X SAKURA

444.gif

#46 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:48 PM

We should all see the bigger picture here and not just the hand holding. See the cover with everything in it and what it shows !!!

Edited by T XD, 01 April 2013 - 04:48 PM.

#47 AnimeGirl_123

AnimeGirl_123

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:54 PM

The point is out of everything that happened Kishimoto chose to make Naruhina holding hands the main focus in the center of the cover.

Where is my Sakura!?

NARUTO X SAKURA

444.gif

#48 PhenixElite

PhenixElite

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,725 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:56 PM

QUOTE (AnimeGirl_123 @ Apr 1 2013, 05:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The point is out of everything that happened Kishimoto chose to make Naruhina holding hands the main focus in the center of the cover.

Where is my Sakura!?

Dont know, maybe it has something to do with the fact that this was the climay of the volume? Cover = nothing, just showing happenings of the volume.

ada_wong_signature_by_valxy-d5m0oa1.png

#49 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:59 PM

QUOTE (AnimeGirl_123 @ Apr 1 2013, 07:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Where is my Sakura!?

Yes, but there's not just them. There's also what the cover gives you of an idea, and the surrounding. Some are seeing just the hand holding and not with the idea and stuff. If someone who doesn't read the manga, and see some arguments from here, he/she would think that there's a pairing that is now canon from the cover !!!

Sakura has been in covers before. Not every cover should have Sakura in it even if she's the heroine.

Edited by T XD, 01 April 2013 - 05:01 PM.

#50 Don-kun

Don-kun

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Interests:Music, Electronics, Driving car, Traveling and NaruSaku.

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:59 PM

QUOTE (AnimeGirl_123 @ Apr 1 2013, 12:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are you guys KIDDING ME?

Please lets take off shipping glasses just for a second and look at the cover! Naruto and Hinata are facing away from the alliance. I think that's WORSE. It symbolizes them in their own world almost. And they aren't surrounded by chakra like everyone else so that supports it even more. The chakra transfer argument alone was weak but this really hurts it. Kishimoto separated Naruto and Hinata from everyone else and has their holding hands with Naruto really gripping her on over the spiral.

I'm not sure where exactly they are looking but at first glance I said each other because their eyes meet in the same direction. Naruto looks determined, not uncomfortable. If he was uncomfortable then he would not have held Hinata's hand in the first place. Maybe my reaction is due to being a past Naruhina fan but making up excuses such as it's only friendship and doesn't mean anything is stupid. I don't hold hands with my male friends like that. I would hug them. I hold hands with my boyfriend.

Sorry for the rant but some of these posts really make me feel embarrassed to be a Narusaku fan. This isn't freaking out, this is not being in denial. I had a bad feeling ever since Sakura threw that fake confession to Naruto that the author would then show more Hinata. They don't have to be blushing or smiling for it to be considered romantic cause the gesture itself is.

Hate me, say what you want. I will continue to love Narusaku even if it doesn't happen. All I'm saying is not to make excuses! This is a Naruhina moment and that's what it boils down to. If it was Sakura holding Naruto's hand would we not agree Narusaku was canon? Of course we would. This moment doesn't mean Naruhina will definitely happen but denying it has a chance and there's nothing to worry about is silly, at least to me. Never before this did we have any sort of Naruto--->>Hinata. We're getting more of it now.

You yourself said that this doesn't make NH canon but it's a huge NH moment that shouldn't be brush off by any NS fans.

Like I said in my last post, this could be the beginning of NH stepping stone or it could be the end of the Huyga story since there isn't anything else to talk about them but there is a lot to resolve with Team 7, we could agree that Hinata story is almost complete by now, if NH is meant to be the end pairing then she will only waiting for the I love you too from Naruto, but if NH is not meant to be then the focus will switch on witch guy Sakura will finally choose when the focus is on Team 7 again.

#51 Sakura_Blossom

Sakura_Blossom

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:10 PM

QUOTE (AnimeGirl_123 @ Apr 1 2013, 01:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are you guys KIDDING ME?

I understand what you're feeling, it's sad to see our Sakura being left out to give opportunity to Hinata, but it is best to wait until the next events before despair. Let's think that Kishi makes incredible back Sakura giving any attention NS and Hinata finally is left out, all these feelings will have been a waste of time. But if he continues to give us one or another point to NH, I would say that we should be concerned.
Actually, that is not worse than the statement, only makes it seem because it came later, as a confirmation of the feelings of Hinata, but Naruto does not show while returning, we're fine. biggrin.gif
You need not worry, Sakura will return soon and we will know clearly whether there is cause for concern.

#52 Niky

Niky

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:47 PM

The cover is too blurry... mellow.gif

On the Anti hinata fc in Naruto forum is a larger version:
No smile from Naruto and Hinata and their gaze is oriented to Neji...

Less scaremongering, please sleep.gif

Also... Neji is a phoenix: a long-lived bird that is cyclically regenerated or reborn. Associated with the sun, a phoenix obtains new life by arising from the ashes of its predecessor.

Why, in your opinion? huh.gif

Edited by Niky, 01 April 2013 - 05:56 PM.

“A good novel tells us the truth about its hero; but a bad novel tells us the truth about its author.”

G. K. Chesterton

tumblr_o3tosabkSm1untbo7o4_r2_250.gif

Their first encounter...

#53 Qia

Qia

Little Weasel

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts
  • Interests:Too many to name

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:54 PM

It would look kind of dumb if they were facing towards the juubi though, because then we'd be staring at Naruto and Hinata's butts instead xD. And since the Juubi is another big thing in the volume, it needs to be seen as well. So the alliance is facing it, along with Neji's will of fire, as they go forth to defeat it.

single-cherry-blossom-tree-4k-high-quali

#54 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:59 PM

QUOTE (Tsubaki @ Apr 1 2013, 10:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

None of them.

If Kishimoto wanted to develop NaruHina 615 would be a different scene and 616 would be different, it's like judging a book because of it's cover, there are two moments on this cover, 615 and 617.
615 already happend how can "kishimoto can choose this moment to start develop Naruhina"
So what about 616? he suddenly forget that eh called Hinata to go to the battle and transfered chakra to everyone, and also both Hinata and Neji got acknowledgement, not because "they were at my side all the time or you're at my side on the darkest moments" it's because it's just a thank you, thank you Hinata for the speech, thank you neji, thank you for being at my side.

Even Sakura did that to Naruto couple of times, The villagers, Ino, Shika, CHouji, Nagato srsly.
What's the big deal with it?

Sums up : if kishimoto wanted to develop NH Hinata would had been a better development and 616 would be different chapter also along with 615.

QUOTE (Qia)
Also... Neji is a phoenix: a long-lived bird that is cyclically regenerated or reborn. Associated with the sun, a phoenix obtains new life by arising from the ashes of its predecessor.

Why, in your opinion? huh.gif

naruto speech on 616 explain Neji's phoenix mode.

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 01 April 2013 - 06:11 PM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#55 Niky

Niky

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:26 PM

QUOTE (Dαrkrєrsŧ @ Apr 1 2013, 07:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Naruto speech on 616 explain Neji's phoenix mode.

Thanks! smile.gif
“A good novel tells us the truth about its hero; but a bad novel tells us the truth about its author.”

G. K. Chesterton

tumblr_o3tosabkSm1untbo7o4_r2_250.gif

Their first encounter...

#56 AzureWaters

AzureWaters

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:37 PM

With the handholding being so emphasized I don't think we can pass it off as just chakra sharing or compare it to the alliance scene. 616 wasn't really a troll tbh.

#57 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:41 PM

QUOTE (AzureWaters @ Apr 1 2013, 03:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
With the handholding being so emphasized I don't think we can pass it off as just chakra sharing or compare it to the alliance scene. 616 wasn't really a troll tbh.

Ofc it was the impression on 615 left that Naruto would fight with Hinata against the juubi, a duo, and it didnt happened.
SHe wasnt even focused on 616 only on the begining which didnt had importance, Naruto still didnt show feelings for Hinata.
This is the reason why i dismiss i thought that the cover would show something like that and still Naruto's focus was on Neji which was reasonable since eh was thinking about Neji during that moment.

Like i said many times, i never said it was just a moment to transfer chakra, Naruto acknowledged/thanked both Neji and Hinata on the scene the handholding represent this, i just cant take 615 as a "PAIRING MOMENT NARUHIHA LOLOL" when Naruto was talking with the Kyuubi and on his head he was deeply thinking about Neji.
How can this be mutual if Naruto's head was not thinking about Hinata.
It's just doesnt make sense, how can be a pairing moment when we had kyuubi, Naruto thinking about Neji and Hinata talking and people wanting to give all the credit to Hinata when Naruto does not even support this, and even the cover does not support this.

And moreover the only development that NaruHina always wanted is Naruto >> Hinata and it didnt happened, 616 like i said could be a chapter which we could have Naruto >> Hinata.
Fighting alongside and more other stuff.

Like i said a pairing moment must be mutual like char X with char Y mutually thinking about each other and/or talking with each other.
Not Naruto holding Hinata's hand, talking with the Kyuubi and thinking about Neji.

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 01 April 2013 - 06:51 PM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#58 AzureWaters

AzureWaters

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:53 PM

QUOTE (Dαrkrєrsŧ @ Apr 1 2013, 07:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ofc it was the impression on 615 left that Naruto would fight with Hinata against the juubi, a duo, and it didnt happened.
SHe wasnt even focused on 616 only on the begining which didnt had importance, Naruto still didnt show feelings for Hinata.
This is the reason why i dismiss i thought that the cover would show something like that and still Naruto's focus was on Neji which was reasonable since eh was thinking about Neji during that moment.

Like i said many times, i never said it was just a moment to transfer chakra, Naruto acknowledged/thanked both Neji and Hinata on the scene the handholding represent this, i just cant take 615 as a "PAIRING MOMENT NARUHIHA LOLOL" when Naruto was talking with the Kyuubi and on his head he was deeply thinking about Neji.
How can this be mutual if Naruto's head was not thinking about Hinata.
It's just doesnt make sense, how can be a pairing moment when we had kyuubi, Naruto thinking about Neji and Hinata talking and people wanting to give all the credit to Hinata when Naruto does not even support this, and even the cover does not support this.

And moreover the only development that NaruHina always wanted is Naruto >> Hinata and it didnt happened, 616 like i said could be a chapter which we could have Naruto >> Hinata.
Fighting alongside and more other stuff.

Usually it doesn't work that way in Kishi's manga. xD There's always one big pairing chapter and then a pause in the next. Examples like 469, 437, 484.. etc etc. If the romance continued for too long the manga would begin looking like a different genre.

Anyway 615 had a beginning and ending to it, so there was really nothing to continue over from. Some people may have thought that Naruto/Hinata would hold hands fighting the Juubi, but that's more fandom disappointment and not really affecting the liklihood of the pairing itself. 615 had several panels dedicated to focusing on Naruto grabbing Hinata's hand, and 616 had Naruto passing through sharing chakra with everyone and everything was fast paced and action filled; not having the dramatic and emotional mood as the previous chapter.

Then of course Hinata was back again the following chap doing something for Naruto, so she wasn't forgotten. Kishi had to show the alliance powering up as well.

#59 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:02 PM

QUOTE (AzureWaters @ Apr 1 2013, 03:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Usually it doesn't work that way in Kishi's manga. xD There's always one big pairing chapter and then a pause in the next. Examples like 469, 437, 484.. etc etc. If the romance continued for too long the manga would begin looking like a different genre.

Anyway 615 had a beginning and ending to it, so there was really nothing to continue over from. Some people may have thought that Naruto/Hinata would hold hands fighting the Juubi, but that's more fandom disappointment and not really affecting the liklihood of the pairing itself. 615 had several panels dedicated to focusing on Naruto grabbing Hinata's hand, and 616 had Naruto passing through sharing chakra with everyone and everything was fast paced and action filled; not having the dramatic and emotional mood as the previous chapter.

Then of course Hinata was back again the following chap doing something for Naruto, so she wasn't forgotten. Kishi had to show the alliance powering up as well.

Ofc it was focused Neji just died, that was a moment for Naruto/Hinata/Neji.

About fandom disappoint Naruto said "let's go Hinata" what woud you think about?
About 617, it was to show what happened to Hinata's character after that moment she helped Naruto, it showed that she wasnt the same, "she wasnt forgotten" Sakura had useless panels pratically during on 612,613,614,615 until she vanished.
And a lot of people claimed "kishi forgot about her".
This Kishimoto didnt forgot about her it's not a claim, you can you forgot a character that you were drawing on the last chapter, 617 was to show this, the conclusion of 615.

Again Neji died, ofc it had to be dramatic and emotional.
SK-303_image007.jpg

#60 AzureWaters

AzureWaters

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:07 PM

QUOTE (Dαrkrєrsŧ @ Apr 1 2013, 07:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ofc it was focused Neji just died, that was a moment for Naruto/Hinata/Neji.

About fandom disappoint Naruto said "let's go Hinata" what woud you think about?
About 617, it was to show what happened to Hinata's character after that moment she helped Naruto, it showed that she wasnt the same, "she wasnt forgotten" Sakura had useless panels pratically during on 612,613,614,615 until she vanished.
And a lot of people claimed "kishi forgot about her".
This Kishimoto didnt forgot about her it's not a claim, you can you forgot a character that you were drawing on the last chapter, 617 was to show this, the conclusion of 615.

Again Neji died, ofc it had to be dramatic and emotional.

It wasn't simply because Neji died that the chapter was emotional. In fact his death was in 614, and what made 615 impactful was that Hinata helped Naruto from breaking down. That was the focus of the chapter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users