• Please log in to reply
54173 replies to this topic

#50301 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,032 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 12 March 2019 - 05:37 AM

What male voice would fit Naruto? And by Naruto I mean Shinachiku's dad, not Bolt's dad.

509356167_759751.gif?4

#50302 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 06:01 AM

What male voice would fit Naruto? And by Naruto I mean Shinachiku's dad, not Bolt's dad.

Well, for Naruto The Demon Within, Ken, I had considered going with Todd Haberkorn as one candidate to voice Naruto, primarily based on how his work as Natsu in Fairy Tail always reminds me of Naruto, and I figure besides doing Naruto at 16 that he'd easily be able to handle him beyond his teens and into his twenties and such.

#50303 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,418 posts
  • Interests:Writing

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 13 March 2019 - 06:18 AM

So I stumbled upon this hiatus chart on the Naruto man from when it started its run all the way to the end of it: 

7j2sbVS.png

SO if we include the Chunin Exams and the Konoha Invasion as one arc (which it technically is) and it went on for 2 years (2000-2002).

Search for Tsunade Arc was going on for about 1/2 years (third quarter of 2002- middle of 2003) 

The Sasuke Retrieval Arc  at least a year and a half (mid 2003-end of 2004) 

Kakashi Gaiden itself (technically apart of Part 1) was short of course (literally the end of 2004 to the beginning of 2005) 

The Manga then went on break for 2 Weeks before Kishi started Part II... I'm sorry what? only two weeks? (Again This was beginning of 2005)  

My Quick thoughts:  Those breaks should've been longer at least a good 2 months would've been great, but only 2 weeks? 

Man I know Part II (even during it's early days) had cracks that would slowly chip away overtime, but knowing this... It only further explains even more with how everything has turned out with the series. The manga was entering it's 6th year in 2005 no less.   

Anyway, most of 2005 was strictly the Kazekage Rescue Arc, and near the end of the year was when The Sai and Sasuke begins. 

The Sai and Sasuke arc last around the same length as the Search for Tsunade Arc  if not shorter (End of 2005 - Mid 2006) 

Hidan and Kakuzu arc quickly followed after it ending within the beginning of the follow year (mid-2006- beginning 2007) 

This is where the story shifts over into The Pursuit Itachi Arc ending relatively in the exact same year (around mid-2007) - supposedly this was when Yahagi moved on from being Kishi's  main editor of the series. 

My Quick Thoughts again: Wow so ultimately 8 years of the manga's run and then Yahagi left his position after Sasuke and Itachi's fight concluded. This was 2007 as well so I personally feel the picture's getting a little more easier to interpret with the direction of the series. Does anyone the details of if Yahagi had any involvement for The Pain Arc? Because if not I'm surprised with how great it turned out despite not having him. 

Speaking of the Pain Arc that is exactly the arc we tackle into immediately after Sasuke and Itachi's battle, and man did that last a while I mean woah almost a good year and a half (3/4 of 2007 -  mid 2009) 

Then we begin the downhill spiral of the series with the 5 Kage Summit which was (mid-2009 all the way to beginning of 2010) 

Kishi manages to bring the story back up in 2010 with the Confining The Jinchuriki Arc it begins Chapter 489 to 514 (All of 2010) 

Finally that brings us over to the 4 Great Ninja War Arc itself.... I think we all know any redemption the story had went downhill during this point.. The arc was from Chapter 515 to Chapter 699/700 (end of 2010- End of 2014 of course) 

My Final Quick Thoughts: It's honestly very interesting to come across this chart and bascially get a full sense of how long each arc was going on for, but exactly when and where the story started taking a massive turn... 

Like I said all of Part 1 is easily Amazing + to Break The Scale Status (9.5 to 10/10)  which was again (1999 to 2005) SIX YEARS OF THE MANGA'S RUN 

Then of course we hit the Timeskip of the series being Part II where a lot of people began having mixed opinions on the series.  I will say that despite Part II not being on the same level as Part I,  the first half of it was pretty good up to Pain Arc.

First Half of Part II would  be like Great to Great+ (8 to 8.5/10)  even with some noticeable cracks it still held up.  

I think everyone is on the general consensus that Second Half just tanked massively I mean again 5 Kage Sumit Arc WTF? to the War Arc are you serious? 

The only redeeming arc within the second half was the Confining Jinchuriki Arc when Naruto meets Kushina, Guy vs Kisame, and Konan vs Tobi (8.5-9/10 for that arc alone)   

The Five Kage Summit was just crap story wise yeah look Sasuke vs Danzo & Bee vs Kisame were great, but coming off from The Pain Arc you're joking right.. it sets at an meh= (2/10 for me)

the war arc we all know my rating is a "Crap"+ (1.5/10) at best because there were some hidden gems there, but it's covered in like a big pile of kitten. 

This just also further goes to show you that Naruto's final 4 years as a manga really was plummeting from what it was during it's first 6 Year arguably 10 years if we go all the way up to Pain Arc. 

Anyway that's just my deep analysis thoughts on the matter when viewing this hiatus chart in the sense of the arcs from where they started and ended including when exactly did Part 1 end in the manga, and when Part 2 started.  

The highs and lows of what was once an amazing series from Part 1 to ultimately missed opportunities with Part II as a whole. 

Edited by LuckyChi7, 13 March 2019 - 06:20 AM.

8ba875d573fdb80ef2985b4ae933e5df755cd797

WE'RE IN THIS TOGETHER YOU & ME!

#50304 KClaws_2

KClaws_2

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 07:28 AM

Props to whoever made that video.

The issue wasn't that one side didn't get their preference, it was all about what the characters were set up to do and suddenly that was abandoned.

I generally don't have a problem with dubs; in fact, I think the majority of them have come a long way since the old Speed Racer Days. People actually put effort into their voices nowadays and the scripts are usually fairly accurate to the original translations. Before it was just phoned in and names were changed left and right.

For some reason, though, Naruto was the one series I preferred to watch in Japanese. I don't know why (though the translation of Dattebayo to "Believe it!" didn't help matters)

As for my own Naruto rewrite, here is my ideal cast:
Naruto-Will Freddie

Sakura-Janet Varley

Sasuke-Johnny Young Bosch

Kakashi-Matthew Mercer

Orochimaru-Robert Atkin Dowes

That's about all I have. I'll think of others if this topic stays relavent

I think I would have Naruto's original english VA play a young Minato

#50305 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 12:52 PM

So I stumbled upon this hiatus chart on the Naruto man from when it started its run all the way to the end of it: 

7j2sbVS.png

SO if we include the Chunin Exams and the Konoha Invasion as one arc (which it technically is) and it went on for 2 years (2000-2002).

Search for Tsunade Arc was going on for about 1/2 years (third quarter of 2002- middle of 2003) 

The Sasuke Retrieval Arc  at least a year and a half (mid 2003-end of 2004) 

Kakashi Gaiden itself (technically apart of Part 1) was short of course (literally the end of 2004 to the beginning of 2005) 

The Manga then went on break for 2 Weeks before Kishi started Part II... I'm sorry what? only two weeks? (Again This was beginning of 2005)  

My Quick thoughts:  Those breaks should've been longer at least a good 2 months would've been great, but only 2 weeks? 

Man I know Part II (even during it's early days) had cracks that would slowly chip away overtime, but knowing this... It only further explains even more with how everything has turned out with the series. The manga was entering it's 6th year in 2005 no less.   

Anyway, most of 2005 was strictly the Kazekage Rescue Arc, and near the end of the year was when The Sai and Sasuke begins. 

The Sai and Sasuke arc last around the same length as the Search for Tsunade Arc  if not shorter (End of 2005 - Mid 2006) 

Hidan and Kakuzu arc quickly followed after it ending within the beginning of the follow year (mid-2006- beginning 2007) 

This is where the story shifts over into The Pursuit Itachi Arc ending relatively in the exact same year (around mid-2007) - supposedly this was when Yahagi moved on from being Kishi's  main editor of the series. 

My Quick Thoughts again: Wow so ultimately 8 years of the manga's run and then Yahagi left his position after Sasuke and Itachi's fight concluded. This was 2007 as well so I personally feel the picture's getting a little more easier to interpret with the direction of the series. Does anyone the details of if Yahagi had any involvement for The Pain Arc? Because if not I'm surprised with how great it turned out despite not having him. 

Speaking of the Pain Arc that is exactly the arc we tackle into immediately after Sasuke and Itachi's battle, and man did that last a while I mean woah almost a good year and a half (3/4 of 2007 -  mid 2009) 

Then we begin the downhill spiral of the series with the 5 Kage Summit which was (mid-2009 all the way to beginning of 2010) 

Kishi manages to bring the story back up in 2010 with the Confining The Jinchuriki Arc it begins Chapter 489 to 514 (All of 2010) 

Finally that brings us over to the 4 Great Ninja War Arc itself.... I think we all know any redemption the story had went downhill during this point.. The arc was from Chapter 515 to Chapter 699/700 (end of 2010- End of 2014 of course) 

My Final Quick Thoughts: It's honestly very interesting to come across this chart and bascially get a full sense of how long each arc was going on for, but exactly when and where the story started taking a massive turn... 

Like I said all of Part 1 is easily Amazing + to Break The Scale Status (9.5 to 10/10)  which was again (1999 to 2005) SIX YEARS OF THE MANGA'S RUN 

Then of course we hit the Timeskip of the series being Part II where a lot of people began having mixed opinions on the series.  I will say that despite Part II not being on the same level as Part I,  the first half of it was pretty good up to Pain Arc.

First Half of Part II would  be like Great to Great+ (8 to 8.5/10)  even with some noticeable cracks it still held up.  

I think everyone is on the general consensus that Second Half just tanked massively I mean again 5 Kage Sumit Arc WTF? to the War Arc are you serious? 

The only redeeming arc within the second half was the Confining Jinchuriki Arc when Naruto meets Kushina, Guy vs Kisame, and Konan vs Tobi (8.5-9/10 for that arc alone)   

The Five Kage Summit was just crap story wise yeah look Sasuke vs Danzo & Bee vs Kisame were great, but coming off from The Pain Arc you're joking right.. it sets at an meh= (2/10 for me)

the war arc we all know my rating is a "Crap"+ (1.5/10) at best because there were some hidden gems there, but it's covered in like a big pile of kitten. 

This just also further goes to show you that Naruto's final 4 years as a manga really was plummeting from what it was during it's first 6 Year arguably 10 years if we go all the way up to Pain Arc. 

Anyway that's just my deep analysis thoughts on the matter when viewing this hiatus chart in the sense of the arcs from where they started and ended including when exactly did Part 1 end in the manga, and when Part 2 started.  

The highs and lows of what was once an amazing series from Part 1 to ultimately missed opportunities with Part II as a whole. 

That just reminds me that I spent 15 years wasting my time for such a crap ending.

#50306 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 01:04 PM

I never liked the American VAs. They just sounded awful. Usually I don't care. Like FMA sounded great in Japanese and in English. But Naruto was just grating. 

The American VAs' voices were fine, but their "tone of voice" when speaking was TERRIBLE. lol :excited:  They were all so monotone and devoid of emotion, plus the dialogue spoken itself was very cringing to hear, not to mention also very "childish" :sweat:

Edited by Phantom_999, 20 March 2019 - 07:29 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#50307 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,032 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 12:15 AM

Who would you say was the best VA in english Naruto?

509356167_759751.gif?4

#50308 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 11:19 AM

I've got no one, the problems I mention that I have with the eng dub of Naruto is actaully spread across equally. No one IMO capture the emotions of the characters they are portraying exactly nor SHOULD portray at the given moment

Edited by Phantom_999, 31 March 2019 - 03:11 AM.

#50309 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,418 posts

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 15 March 2019 - 12:45 PM

Who would you say was the best VA in english Naruto?

I really like Sakura's voice actress for the dub. 

Naruto's dub voice I was fine with for the most part, wouldn't say it's the best thing in the world. That's just what I've become accustomed having watched the dub first before the japanese. I'm fine with both. 

Madara Uchiha's english was pretty spot on I mean he did later become the voice of Zarkkon in Legendary Defender lol.

Sasuke's voice actor was great too. 

The biggest standout for me though when it comes to the dub probably has to be Kakashi,  Minato, and Kushina. 

Hinata's voice in the dub was a bit weak which has nothing to do with the voice actor because she's done some amazing stuff whether it was Mitsuha from Your Name, or Eureka from Eureka Seven. Not gonna lie, her portrayal as RTN Hinata was funny in probably the best way possible if that makes any sense. 

Otherwise, I feel the English dub va's where great. Wouldn't say it's out of this world, but it is neat that's about it. 

Edited by LuckyChi7, 15 March 2019 - 12:47 PM.

#50310 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 03:41 PM

I really like Sakura's voice actress for the dub. 

Naruto's dub voice I was fine with for the most part, wouldn't say it's the best thing in the world. That's just what I've become accustomed having watched the dub first before the japanese. I'm fine with both. 

Madara Uchiha's english was pretty spot on I mean he did later become the voice of Zarkkon in Legendary Defender lol.

Sasuke's voice actor was great too. 

The biggest standout for me though when it comes to the dub probably has to be Kakashi,  Minato, and Kushina. 

Hinata's voice in the dub was a bit weak which has nothing to do with the voice actor because she's done some amazing stuff whether it was Mitsuha from Your Name, or Eureka from Eureka Seven. Not gonna lie, her portrayal as RTN Hinata was funny in probably the best way possible if that makes any sense. 

Otherwise, I feel the English dub va's where great. Wouldn't say it's out of this world, but it is neat that's about it. 

Stephanie Sheh is way better too as Orihime in Bleach for one thing, and she's voiced Katana/Tatsu Yamashiro in DC Super Hero Girls among other stuff where she does definitely sound better than she does as Hinata. Chalk it up to Hinata's character... or lack of. XD

Kyle Hebert also wasn't too bad as Kiba, and I do enjoy Brian Donovan as Lee, especially when played with Skip Strellecht's Guy. :D

#50311 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 15 March 2019 - 05:53 PM

Stephanie Sheh is way better too as Orihime in Bleach for one thing, and she's voiced Katana/Tatsu Yamashiro in DC Super Hero Girls among other stuff where she does definitely sound better than she does as Hinata. Chalk it up to Hinata's character... or lack of. XD

Kyle Hebert also wasn't too bad as Kiba, and I do enjoy Brian Donovan as Lee, especially when played with Skip Strellecht's Guy. :D

I stated before, Stephanie Sheh nailed Usagi/Sailor Moon in the new dub, especially in the emotional scenes and the episodes that weren't even shown on the original DiC dub (like the crucial ones missing before her fight with Beryl/Queen Materia).

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#50312 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 08:54 PM

I stated before, Stephanie Sheh nailed Usagi/Sailor Moon in the new dub, especially in the emotional scenes and the episodes that weren't even shown on the original DiC dub (like the crucial ones missing before her fight with Beryl/Queen Materia).

Yeah, I've not seen the new dub by Viz yet, but I saw some clips, and I like Stephanie Sheh as Usagi :)

#50313 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 15 March 2019 - 09:45 PM

Yeah, I've not seen the new dub by Viz yet, but I saw some clips, and I like Stephanie Sheh as Usagi :)

Yeah, she really did a job well done as Usagi. Even in Crystal.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#50314 gamma

gamma

夢のような ☁

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 19 March 2019 - 06:24 AM

I thought the English VAs for Naruto were okay (maybe cause I grew up with it lol). I prefer the Japanese VAs wayyy more for this series though. They sounded a lot more mature.

#50315 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 20 March 2019 - 07:37 PM

Oh you know guys there is an argument that I just thought of that I would LOVE to disect the whole Naruto and Sakura are only platonically interested in each other. that whole Sakura only was feeding Naruto when he hurt his hand becasue that is what a sister would do............. "So I suppose that means if Rukia ever did that with Ichigo that is only means that they are just friends too". :zaru: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#50316 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,418 posts

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 21 March 2019 - 03:58 AM

was just stumbling around on tumblr, and I came across in the narusaku tags. 

tumblr_pomwpfOCqS1uqtjz3o1_500.jpg

That is definitely saying a lot and very true (minus the whole ss fanart and fanfiction stuff)! 

I'm just glad some of the NH/SS shippers are slowly opening up to the manga's ending not exactly being what it is. 

Edited by LuckyChi7, 21 March 2019 - 04:21 AM.

#50317 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 21 March 2019 - 04:24 AM

That is definitely saying a lot and very true (minus the whole ss fanart and fanfiction stuff)! 

I'm just glad some of the NH/SS shippers slowly opening up to the manga's ending not exactly being what it is. 

Sooner or later it was bound to happen.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#50318 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,032 posts

Posted 21 March 2019 - 05:34 AM

I love hearing smart NaruHina fans who thought it wasn't right on how they got together.

509356167_759751.gif?4

#50319 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 22 March 2019 - 02:28 AM

I'm just glad some of the NH/SS shippers are slowly opening up to the manga's ending not exactly being what it is. 

Yeah, there is a minority of NHers with actual common sense who, while it's their preferred pairing, they also hate the ending because it doesn't feel earned and they hate the idea of being "handed the win" out of pity.

2e5.gif

#50320 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,418 posts

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 22 March 2019 - 05:16 AM

So I noticed that the dub for shippuden has finally reached up to the infamous sasusaku scene from 699,  and wow.... 

Kate Higgins (sakura's dub va) was literally phoning it when Sakura asked Sasuke if she could come with her.

I mean compared her voice in Episode 479 to how she voiced Sakura thinking about Naruto about his dream, and if he has happy in genjutsu world in RTN because wow She had more passion there, and it really shows. 

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users