#21 Silent Shinobi

Silent Shinobi

Tatsumaru of the Cloud

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 10:30 PM

QUOTE (Derock @ Dec 10 2007, 08:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think that was why people can't stand playing him. I don't mind Dhalsim but I'm glad he returned to the series...

And I just found out storywise that IV is set RIGHT after SF2. So (even though it is not canon storywise), I expect the cast of SF2-SSF2T returns, since I believe Bison is not down and out yet.

I don't. Bison is dead and gone. Akuma killed him. In SSF2T. Period. Ono-san has stated he wants to get as many SF2 characters in as possible, but I sincerely hope he doesn't retcon the only real fact we get from SF2 to do it.

#22 Illmatic

Illmatic

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 05:35 PM

well the bosses have been anounced

Here's an article on them

and here is a video of them in action

#23 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 01 May 2008 - 06:34 PM

QUOTE (Illadelphfan08 @ May 1 2008, 01:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah!! The big baddies (exclude Sagat because I see him as an anti-hero type) return. Now Capcom, how about bringing back Cammy and the rest of the New Challengers for finishing up the roster? biggrin.gif

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#24 psycho666

psycho666

wub

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 10:03 PM

Oh yeah, i remember this laugh.gif. I don't think i ever played it though, this one doesn't look bad i guess i'll get it, (actually i'll probably just end up sneaking it out of a friends house) when does it come out?

#25 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 29 May 2008 - 08:17 PM

Dan and Fei Long are back! There's also a new boss unveiled.

http://kotaku.com/50...-old-characters

It looks like Dan has put on a couple of pounds, though. Now, all we need is Sakura and I'll be a happy man. biggrin.gif

It's also been confirmed that SFIV will be out for Xbox360, PC, and PS3. happy.gif I like the 360, but I might go for PS3 because that doesn't charge money for online multiplayer.

#26 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 29 May 2008 - 08:22 PM

QUOTE (Smiter @ May 29 2008, 04:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It looks like Dan has put on a couple of pounds, though. Now, all we need is Sakura and I'll be a happy man. biggrin.gif

It's also been confirmed that SFIV will be out for Xbox360, PC, and PS3. happy.gif I like the 360, but I might go for PS3 because that doesn't charge money for online multiplayer.

>_>

dry.gif

o.O

O_O

wow.gif wow.gif wow.gif

FEI-LONG!!! OMG!!! He returns!!! YES!!! a_spaz.gif Now all we need is Cammy to be announced and I will be super happy and ...

HOLY kitten! It's Dan with a new outfit!!! If he's in, BRING IN SAKURA!!! C'MON Capcom!!!

Oooooh new character... ...

*dies*

latest?cb=20140126021943

#27 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 29 May 2008 - 08:32 PM

Wow, you spazzed. XD

If you follow the source link in that article and scroll down, you'll also see a concept drawing of Rufus.

What were Capcom thinking when they designed him? headscratch.gif

#28 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 08:38 PM

QUOTE (Smiter @ May 29 2008, 04:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow, you spazzed. XD

If you follow the source link in that article and scroll down, you'll also see a concept drawing of Rufus.

What were Capcom thinking when they designed him? headscratch.gif

*revives from spazzing too much*

The people at Capcom Forums were talking about Rufus. And judging from looking at this pic of Rufus for the first time got me saying "EWWWW!"

But I think Capcom was going to the SNK/Tekken-approach of characters.

latest?cb=20140126021943

#29 Lord Roy

Lord Roy

Seiyuu

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Interests:Anime

Posted 30 May 2008 - 04:06 AM

If Capcom's smart, they'll bring Sakura back, even though by this time she'll probably be in college or a PE teacher, or have Street Fighter 3 characters like Alex, Yun and Yang, Remy, or someone... and then use the type of music they used for Street Fighter 3: Third Strike

#30 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 08:23 AM

There'll be more new characters for the home console and PC versions. smile.gif

http://kotaku.com/50...ers-online-play

I just hope the new characters will be in keeping with the Street Fighter style, and not gimmick characters.

I forgot about Cammy! It would be great to see her back. happy.gif She was a favourite of mine in SSF2, along with Fei Long. I wonder if they plan to bring back T-Hawk and DeeJay, though those characters weren't exactly memorable. I can't really think of anyone else I'd like to see back.

#31 Illmatic

Illmatic

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 03:50 PM

QUOTE (Smiter @ May 29 2008, 03:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

im a guy whos benn playin playstation since ps1 but here's what i think, if you don't mind paying, xbox live is superior to ps3's psn online service, and a 360 is cheaper, but if you want ps3 for the free online play, then that ain't so bad either, and psn will now have:
improved Audio/Video communications
trophies for games(think kinda like the ps3 version of achievments)
custom sountracks
and universal friends lists and in-game messaging
so finally the ps3's online is a little more decent

now let's hope we get sakura soon cool.gif

#32 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 12:55 PM

More information on what the home console versions will feature. smile.gif

http://kotaku.com/50...s-home-versions

The most exciting feature is that the console versions will have fully animated endings by "an unnamed, but very famous anime studio".

Unfortunately, Dan and Fei-Long have not been confirmed as being in the roster. Ono states that they are only two of many preliminary designs that are being considered.

#33 Illmatic

Illmatic

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 06:32 PM

akuma has been confirmed

it isnt known if he's playable or not but probably will be. and apparently according to g4tv.com he appears to fight strong opponets so you'll have to do well for him to fight you.

#34 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 12:11 PM

Wow, this topic has been quiet for a long while - and SFIV is coming out next month!!

So, is anyone buying, and for which console? smile.gif

I've preordered the Collector's Edition for the Xbox 360, which not only includes the anime movie, but also a comic book, Ryu & Viper figurines, and "exclusive downloadable content" (costumes, maybe? It'd better not be just a wallpaper or something).

My Hori Fighting Stick also just arrived in the post this morning. biggrin.gif I haven't tried it out yet, as I'm going away for the weekend today (in 50 mins, actually).

I'm feeling really excited about SFIV, thanks to Kotaku's coverage: http://kotaku.com/ta...eet-fighter-iv/

Especially this video of the Ultra Moves - http://kotaku.com/51...s?autoplay=true A few are dull *cough*Ryu*cough*, but some look completely awesome!

Console version extra characters: Fei-Long, Cammy, Dan, and Sakura! YES. biggrin.gif Oh yeah, Rose also made the cut... I'm not really a fan of her though. happy.gif;

#35 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 07:19 PM

I NEED MONEY!!!! rawr.gif So I can buy the Collector's Edition!

Damn, only Bison, Chun-Li, Gouken, Ken, Sagat, Seth and El Fuerte's Ultra moves are awesome (along with Cammy, Fei-Long, Rose and Gen's even though they haven't showed them on the video) The rest are like... meh...

latest?cb=20140126021943

#36 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 16 January 2009 - 07:53 PM

I pre-ordered the regular version for Xbox 360. My friend who is a bigger Street Fighter fan than me is getting the collector's edition for his PS3.

I eagerly await playing it. I still remember playing Alapha 3 for hours on my ps1 when I was like 10 years old XD So I look forward to playing the new version with my friends on the 'next gen' consoles. It's like a nice nostalgic sort of feeling so to speak.

#37 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 01:17 PM

I'm old enough to remember when SFII hit the arcades. XD It was the talk of my secondary school for months.

Alpha 3 was excellent, I just wish I could remember where I left that game disc! DX I really like how SFIV keeps the 2D gameplay and combines it with 3D flash - the best of both worlds? I'm also excited about SNK's new KOF, the graphical upgrade has been a long time coming.

Who do you think you'll try out in SFIV? I'm thinking Chun-Li first, then Ken, Dan or Sagat. Rufus will definitely be the last one I want to try. tongue.gif

#38 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 01:58 PM

Chun-Li will be MY first pick! biggrin.gif Then to the characters I always played (Ryu, Cammy, Fei-Long, etc.)

As for KOF, I'm excited as well (except that Mai isn't on the game, I have Terry and Athena but where's my MAI?! C'mon Snk!!! Add her along with Yuri and K', make the roster up to 24 balanced characters, NOT 20)

latest?cb=20140126021943

#39 GoNeKr@zY

GoNeKr@zY

Now THAT is a Flame War!!!

• ANBU
  • 1,276 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Video games,Books, Sci Fiction, etc<br />And Fanfiction........ Loads and loads of Fanfiction.

Posted 20 January 2009 - 09:53 PM

Ye gads...... Time sure flies eh ? I never even realised we were this close to release...... I'm probably gonna be getting this for my 360 as soon as it releases here.
although i aint sure if we're even getting a release sad.gif And i'm 100% certain that we wont be getting the hori fighting sticks >.< Oh well..... theres always the crappy dpad..... (or i migth jsut learn to use the analogue tongue.gif ) I'm probably gonna play as Akuma. Hes so friggin badass =D

#40 Dormin

Dormin

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 05:38 PM

Story trailer is out.

wow.png

Seth sounds... Badass...

Made by Vongola10th

"Someone shoot me..." - Kyon, cheerful as always