#21 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 21 May 2013 - 05:30 PM

Not really being a killjoy, but I kinda enjoyed the whole black and white dynamic that Sony and Microsoft had with PS3 and 360.... Sad that both consoles are black now. wasntme.png

#22 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 21 May 2013 - 05:33 PM

QUOTE (Derock @ May 21 2013, 01:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
THANK GOD!!!

A better d-pad on the controller and Blu-ray! A must buy for me! I'm guessing the retail price is about $600.

Like for ALL systems I'm gonna wait until the first 'patch' gets released, to take care of those new system issues that always crop up with a new gaming device. Maybe like 3 months I'll wait before I get it :3

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ May 21 2013, 01:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not really being a killjoy, but I kinda enjoyed the whole black and white dynamic that Sony and Microsoft had with PS3 and 360.... Sad that both consoles are black now. wasntme.png

You're not being a killjoy about that =p
And don't worry, bet you anything they'll come out with a 'white' or 'silver' version eventually tongue.gif

#23 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 21 May 2013 - 05:33 PM

Excited for all of these except NBA live.

EDIT: Blegh, tech demo. Just like last gen.

Edited by Mik3, 21 May 2013 - 05:35 PM.

\

#24 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 21 May 2013 - 05:38 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ May 21 2013, 01:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Like for ALL systems I'm gonna wait until the first 'patch' gets released, to take care of those new system issues that always crop up with a new gaming device. Maybe like 3 months I'll wait before I get it :3

While I do consider it a must buy, I am waiting when the price goes down. Ain't buying a game console that is worth over $300.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#25 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 05:41 PM

QUOTE (Derock @ May 21 2013, 09:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It is officially called: XBOX One.

Looks like a big cable box.

Lol. laugh.gif

I agree it's better to wait a few years for the prize to drop the economy in my country has increased so much everything is so expensive.

Edited by Gravenimage, 21 May 2013 - 05:42 PM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#26 Mik3

Mik3

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 05:41 PM

First new IP, Quantum Break biggrin.gif
\

#27 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 21 May 2013 - 05:43 PM

QUOTE (Mik3 @ May 21 2013, 01:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
First new IP, Quantum Break biggrin.gif

It looks great! And 15 game Exclusives in the first year, 8 of them new IPs. I most def look forward to seeing what game developers come out with over the new year. Exciting stuff! =3

#28 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 05:44 PM

Interesting, I wonder if they'll return to FMV cutscenes, or it's probably just for the trailer.

#29 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 05:45 PM

YAY, for girl gamers, and double YAY that they're the ones talking 'bout Halo~ :3

Edit - And HOLY kitten! They got Spielberg to direct a Halo television serious, and the dude is also a gamer! wow.png

#30 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 21 May 2013 - 05:47 PM

They keep pushing multimedia content...

Uhm excuse me, but I DON'T need another TV/MUSIC/VIDEO/Etc. on a gaming console. I only exclude the option of internet and ability to play movies on disc format (DVD, Blu-ray).

Can these consoles stick only to gaming?!

latest?cb=20140126021943

#31 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 05:49 PM

QUOTE (Derock @ May 21 2013, 01:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Uhm excuse me, but I DON'T need another TV/MUSIC/VIDEO/Etc. on a gaming console. I only exclude the option of internet and ability to play movies on disc format (DVD, Blu-ray).

Can these console stick to gaming?!

It's called innovation. Microsoft like Sony and Nintendo are money-making companies. If you can bring in different types of audience to buy content besides games, they're going to do it. Can't fault them for wanting to make money. ALL companies and businesses in the world does this tongue.gif

#32 Mik3

Mik3

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 05:50 PM

QUOTE (Derock @ May 21 2013, 01:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You yourself said you'd buy one. These reveals are usually about promoting the product to those outside the loyal consumer base, who wouldn't normally buy a console. The Wii was successful, because it appealed to the casual. Thats how you do business, you sell to people who aren't customers.

\

#33 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 05:50 PM

QUOTE (Derock @ May 21 2013, 12:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry, it's part of the whole "Appeal to the general public," tactic. I even suggested to my mom that we get an Xbox Future for the living room while my brother and I use a PS4 for gaming during the whole "Living Room is Important" segment.

#34 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:01 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ May 21 2013, 01:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's called innovation. Microsoft like Sony and Nintendo are money-making companies. If you can bring in different types of audience to buy content besides games, they're going to do it. Can't fault them for wanting to make money. ALL companies and businesses in the world does this tongue.gif

QUOTE (Mik3 @ May 21 2013, 01:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You yourself said you'd buy one. These reveals are usually about promoting the product to those outside the loyal consumer base, who wouldn't normally buy a console. The Wii was successful, because it appealed to the casual. Thats how you do business, you sell to people who aren't customers.

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ May 21 2013, 01:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sorry, it's part of the whole "Appeal to the general public," tactic. I even suggested to my mom that we get an Xbox Future for the living room while my brother and I use a PS4 for gaming during the whole "Living Room is Important" segment.

I understand all of those posts. But I buy it only for gaming, and the possibility of Blu-ray access in my room. I'm currently having this discussion on facebook about it right now and my friend agreed with. While it tends for the casuals, a good thing to make money, but they don't realize that adding LIVE service and want to make it multimedia, theyare giving even more money to third-party providers like Verizon and Netflix because those require services and subscription fees. None of those apps are free.

latest?cb=20140126021943

#35 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:03 PM

Wow. I'm not a COD player, or even really a fan of it...but I must admit...the new COD: Ghosts looks impressive. Jeebus, being able to see the fine hairs and even dirt under the nails...and when I saw the black dude for a second or two I thought he was REAL XDD
Damn, the next-gen graphics are sweet @.@

#36 Mik3

Mik3

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:14 PM

QUOTE (Derock @ May 21 2013, 02:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I understand all of those posts. But I buy it only for gaming, and the possibility of Blu-ray access in my room. I'm currently having this discussion on facebook about it right now and my friend agreed with. While it tends for the casuals, a good thing to make money, but they don't realize that adding LIVE service and want to make it multimedia, theyare giving even more money to third-party providers like Verizon and Netflix because those require services and subscription fees. None of those apps are free.

Well, that stuff is going to be behind the xbox live paywall, and it worked last gen, so they aren't going to be giving that up. I'm interested in how much the gold fee is going to be, I'm pretty sure it's going to rise.
\

#37 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:15 PM

QUOTE (Derock @ May 21 2013, 01:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, that's the challenge that companies face right now; how to make consoles with features that attract the general public but making sure they keep their core gaming consumers in the process?

Although, really, to be honest, since you're just going to buy it for gaming and movie-watching, then why complain when the system IS giving you games and blu-ray access?

You don't have to get Netflix and Verizon, as long as the consoles don't make those features a required item, I see no problem at all....

Initially, we only got our PS3 for gaming and movies...and I still only just use it for gaming and movies. We got Netflix, sure, but not because the PS3 had it, we only got it because we switched to Basic cable. I usually just watch Netflix on my iPod or laptop, anyway.

Also, post-event interview: The Xbox New doesn't have to be always on-line.

#38 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:22 PM

QUOTE (Derock @ May 21 2013, 02:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

But dude catch this, catch this...you don't have to 'buy' or 'subscribe' to any of those things. It's just an option. You can totally ignore it all and just play your games wink.gif
I personally use Netflix and Xfinity on my Xbox, and even used Internet Explorer a few times when I was too lazy to power up my PC =p
All these other features are there as options for others. Microsoft isn't taking away your games or mine. They're just following a normal business model, and opening up the playing field to others, who may enjoy the system for all the other stuff it offers besides games =3

Just do what we always suggest here at H&E...if you dun like it or disagree with it just ignore it~ =p

#39 Mik3

Mik3

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:27 PM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ May 21 2013, 02:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also, post-event interview: The Xbox New doesn't have to be always on-line.

No used games is rumored and there is no backwards compatibility. No backwards comp saves you money.
\

#40 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:28 PM

And I am doing it... ignore. tongue.gif

BUT here's one issue that I don't understand why they still didn't include: backwards compatibility!

C'Mon developers, what's going to happen whenever the previous console broke down and what to do with all of those games? Come to think of it, what about LIVE Arcade games that was for 360?

EDIT: F***!!!!!!!! mad.gif These people are silly, focus ALL of those casual stuff, yet they ignore one good principal of gaming.

latest?cb=20140126021943

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users